Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 10:13 AM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Stay at Home Moms #86

Welcome to a list full of Friends, Fun and Lots of Support!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:14 AM   #2  
hangin' in there...

Karen, thanks for starting the new thread.... you snuck in while I was leaving a big, long-winded post on the old one!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:17 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

I know I have been MIA. I am still having trouble getting used to this schedule!

WI was great! Still showing 189.5 and that is making me very happy! TOM also decided to show his face so I am hoping for even more on Monday! Still OP for 44 days now! I didnt exercise on Monday as planned because my cramps were so bad.. (Which my doctor will be hearing about) but I did go yesterday and will today as well!

Emily - Sounds like you are doing well! Great Job!

Spryng - YEA! I know you are so excited that DH is coming home! That is wonderful!!

Ginny - take care of that knee. Dont over do it! Trust me on that... I have 2 bad knees! Make sure you are iceing and heating. (Alternately!)

Mel - Hang in there! IT will take a little time to get settled with the colic and all! I have you in my thoughts!

Everyone else, hope all are well! I promise to get more personal soon!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #4  
soontobethin

Hello everyone.
Good grief, I had alot of post reading to catcho up on. I have been OP for three weeks now. I vagely remember on of you asking about the tae bo videos. I have three of them, and it is a great workout. The first one is just instructional, goes over the moves, etc. The second is the basic workout. it really kicks your butt the first few times. I bought the ultimate abs also. Its an hour long, and it works more than just your abs.
The family reunion is in three weeks, and I found out there is going to be a little over 200 people there. My aunt is getting a moon bounce for the kids to play in for the day. Like only the kids will be jumping in it. It sounds like everyone is doing good and losing weight. I will try to get in here again soon.
Ricci
Old 09-17-2003, 12:08 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Thanks for starting the new thread, Karen. Congrats on your WI- and that you have stayed OP for so long! TOM will be over, sooner or later and the scale will go down more then too. Hope that the cramps subside........big hugs!

Ricci- great to hear from you! Are you hosting the family reunion?
Sounds like a lot of fun- guess your Aunt is setting things up. Is it being catered- or do you get the chance to make something really healthy to make the day go easier? And thanks for the info in the Tae Bo- I have often wondered about those tapes and if they were any good.

Jen- aw I enjoy reading your posts.....never long winded!!!!!

Spryng-you can eat normal on WW- it is a portion control game and making choices that is all. Remember you have those 35 flex points!!!! Use them!!!!!!! And you can gain points with activity too, ok? WW is about living- not some oppressive overly restrictive system.

Got my walk in this am- a wee bit slower than normal, but it felt good. It was nice and cool . Did get to WW-and I weighed in-- gained 1.4# Which considering that I am wearing heavier clothes and TOM is around the corner, I almost consider a loss.
Todays meeting was about our weight loss goals- why we want to lose. Laura was quick to point out that (at least for me at my age and after 3 kids) getting down to the weight you were at at 16 might be a good goal- but it could be a problem. We will never look like we did at 16....... - good or bad!! But she said that if you are not losing weight then it is because your goal is not motivating you enough. I can relate to that- for me I am starting to look normal(from my swollen 181 )- and I feel pretty good and I am out of plus sized clothes. Gotta come up with a good reason to get these last 10 # off.......... Something that motivates me enough. And I am not sure what that will be- anyone have any ideas? (some had real health related issues- high blood pressure, cholesterol problems, I am on BP meds, but it is under control and my cholesterol is great).
Well, gotta go- see ya later!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 09-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #6  
soontobethin

No, thank goodness, I am not hosting the reunion. It'sgoing to be at my aunts house. Shes not really my aunt, she is my husbands aunt, but I have known her for 12 years. My best friends are her daughters. As for food, there are so many people on so many different diets. We have everything from atkins to the zone, to the blood type diet. Its nuts. We decided there will be enough different food that everyone will be happy.
Can any of you belive its already almost October? This year has just flown by. I have to start my Christmas shopping soon. I hate waiting till the last minute to do it. I just hope that with the reunion and the holdays coming up I don't blow my eating. I don't think I will, but you never know. Wow, I have been in here twice today! Maybe it will be three? Hope everyone is having a great day.
Ricci
Old 09-17-2003, 01:20 PM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Ricci- I'm with you- I can't believe how fast this year has flown! And speaking of Christmas- we woke up to snow?! Can you believe that?! I'd like to get an early start too and really enjoy the season this year. Those bounce houses are the best! Guess you'll be getting some exercise that day

Ginny- glad you got the walk in and hope your knee is feeling better and better. I know what you mean about motivation- it's been hard enough to find mine that *this* weight! I'll tell you something though...I recently saw my SIL who has always looked great to me- or I should say "fine" not terribly over-weight, but had put some on after marriage and a couple kids. Well, she has just lost 12 lbs and looks amazing- you can really tell a difference-it's another size gone. So go for it and look AMAZING!!!! I'm sure you'll get there.

Karen- congrats on your WI and staying OP!!! SOunds like your losses are sticking!

I'm still feeling good about things- though on the hungry side this morning- guess it is almost lunch time. Still attempting to balnce time for exercising!! I need another few hours in the day!
TTYL!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Wow, so many great posts today already!
Ginny, I know that this is not a restrictive diet and I know I have my flexpoints waiting for me to use them... which I probably will while DH is home. I just worry that he may want to go somewhere to eat that I won't know the points for or it will be chinese which I can't control myself at. But I am looking up restaurant info on the net and have found most of the places I eat at on it and the point values of the food. So I should be ok. I just don't want to use those FPs all at once or in one day... I need them to last the whole 4 days he's here. But I'm going to try my best and I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm more worried about my exercise than I am in overeating while he is home. For some reason I can't exercise in front of anybody including my DH. So he's either going to have to give me some personal time at night for my workout or I'm not going to do it. Frustrating... but I figure that since I have worked out everyday this week and will workout today through friday then taking 4 days off shouldn't really hurt me anyway. But I still want to get some sort of exercise in. But enough of my bellyaching. lol.
Emily, snow huh?? It's getting cooler here but no snow for quite a while. It will be 85 degrees today but in the low 70's the rest of the week. And what plan are you on again? I forget. But it sounds like you are doing great!
Ricci, I hope you have fun at that family reunion! Sounds like there will be plenty of great things to choose from to eat.
Karen that is so great that your weight stayed the same even while TOM was coming! So I'm sure you actually lost some and your next WI will show it. and 44 days OP! That is fantastic! You are a very determined woman and it seems you have made atkins not a diet but a lifestyle for you! That's how all those diets work... only if you make it a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. I have found WW to be that for me. Before when I would try to lose weight I'd get frustrated when the scale didn't go down fast enough or I'd feel deprived... but this time it feels so different. Well for one I'm not being deprived at all and even an ounce gone is worth the effort. At least I can say I will never be 177 lbs again! And soon I'll never be 167 lbs again! Plus I feel like the quality of my food and meals have gone through the roof! I enjoy finding new recipes, trying my hand at cooking, and just being OP and not worrying too much about it.
But anyway, my day is going well. I got my kitchen all cleaned up and dishes done, floors swept etc. Tanner was so good, he just sat in his activity saucer and watched his brother and sister watch cartoons! It really helped me get some things done. I want this house in top condition when DH gets home so I don't have to worry about cleaning much while he is here. All I have left is the kids rooms, and the living room and I'll be done! Oh and some laundry to fold.
Well guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone continues to have a great OP day! TTYL!
oh, before I go, Misty?? Haven't heard from you in a while and I hope everything is going well with the pregnancy. Check in when you get a chance ok?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #9  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

I'm back, and all was good at Myra's DR. appt. but she confirmed that Myra did catch a little cold and that is probably why she doesn't want to lay down.

Spryng, sounds like things are going good, and I know you're looking forward to Friday! I'm glad the kids are being cooperative while you clean and get ready for DH homecoming! Have a good day and take care.

Oops... Myra's ready for lunch!

BBL!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Sorry to hear that Myra is sick, Mel. I know it's rough when they are so tiny still. Hopefully she gets better soon.
Well, my day went good. I had to fight myself though. I hit my target points of 22 and I still wanted food!! I've been feeling so hungry all night and fighting with myself to stay out of the kitchen. Well, I made it, thankfully. Hopefully these cravings will be gone by tomorrow. Oh, and i have a doctor appointment tomorrow so you may not hear from me until tomorrow night. I'll also get WI at my appointment so I'm very curious to see what their scales says verses my own. But anyway, today has been a long day and now I can finally close my eyes and it be over! I'm one day closer to seeing my DH and one day close to my goal weight...
So I hope everyone is having a great night and I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow!!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:46 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
THis is gonna have to be short, I have an appointment for a haircut....... and only a few minutes b4 I have to leave. Then off to Walmart for a fun ? shopping trip.

Mel- hope that Myra is feeling better soon!!!!!! (hope you are getting some rest too!)

Ricci-the reunion sounds like fun and it should be easy to stay OP at! All those different diets!

Emily- snow already!!!!!!!(better that than this dumb hurricane......)glad you are feeling good about staying OP too.

Spryng- I'll be sending the second set of materials to you tomorrow. You can sort of bank your ap's too- they are looking for an average for the week- so maybe get an extra point in each day b4 and after DH gets home.

Got my walk in this am and treated myself to french toast for breakfast- as I will not have a lot of time for lunch today. See ya later!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:50 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

mmmmmmmmmmm..... french toast... sounds delish, Ginny! Hope you enjoyed it, and had a great haircut and shopping expedition!

Spryng, you must be getting so excited for dh's arrival tomorrow! Hope your Dr. appt. went well today.

Mel, hope Myra is feeling better. The worst part about them getting a cold at that age is that you can't give them anything.

Ricci, sounds like the reunion planning is coming along!

Karen, hope your cramps are a thing of the past. Are you feeling better?

Michele, still with us?

I had a fun day with ds at the fair today. We went to the Big E....... ever been there, Ginny? It is not far from Six Flags NE, which I know you said is not too far from you. Anyway, the fair was great! Ds really enjoyed the animals. But, my fave part of the day was watching him eat an ice cream cone...... he bit the bottom off, so he had to work hard at both ends to keep it from dripping on him...... and he is a little neat freak! So cute!

I did pretty well to stay out of the fair food....... just a bit of ice cream, and a few onion rings. I counted that as my lunch..... not very nutritious, I know. I did wake VERY early this morn to get my 2 mile WATP tape done, too, since I knew I wouldn't have time for it the rest of the day.

Well, gotta unpack the kids' backpacks and get dinner going.... I have to work tonight, so gotta get things done so I can nap when dh gets home from work. Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 09-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Nope, Jen, never been to Big E- what is it???? Sounds like you had a great day- fun and relaxing. And WTG on getting the tape in. Getting up early is the only way that works for me too!!!! Good job containing your eating to minimal dammage too!

Yes, my haircut went well, and yes the french toast (all 6 points of it!!!!!) was great!!! I usually have oatmeal for bkfast, so it was a nice treat. BTW, I had the WW turkey medallions and mashed potatoes for dinner. It was awsome!!!!!!! And only 5 points!!!!!!
Gotta go- hope everyone is having a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-18-2003, 10:02 PM   #14  
hangin' in there...

Ginny, the Big E is the Eastern States fair........ it was HUGE!!! 3 hours was definitely not enough time for us to see everything, but it's all we had. But, I plan to get there again next year with the whole family and make a day of it. Check it out....... www.thebige.com

Never had the WW turkey w/potato... will have to check it out. I need to get out to one local grocery store tomorrow (I don't normally shop here) because they have Lean Cuisine Classics on sale for 99 cents!

I'm off to work....... we have a VERY busy weekend ahead, so talk to you all on Monday.... have a great weekend!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #15  
One day at a time.

Hi,

It's been so crazy around here, but I finally made it back. Myra's cold is awful, she's very congested and yes, Jen, unfortunatly I can only give her nasal saline. She did rest better last night though, I took her DR.s advice and let her sleep sitting up in her infant seat! Bingo, it worked! But I'm still not resting great, because I'm afraid she's so stuffy she won't breath, so I keep waking to check on her!?! Oh well, all in being a mommy I guess!

I hope everyone is doing good, I'll be back tomorrow to check!

Oh, I'm going back to WW Saturday morning!!!

TTYL
Closed Thread