Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #91  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hotsplashes
Wonderful way to start the day with reading Tulip's post about setting a wonderful example for her daughter and for eating well at her party!!! Congratulations...
I AM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF!!!!!!!! After what you said about me as well.............. I was good at the party I did set a good example to my DD for not wieghing myself everyday.......then i went and blew it when there friends came around for tea and i helped myself to two peices of their freshly made pizza and a bowl (all be it small) of mixed flavoured ice cream, My carb count went through the roof!!!

I was more ashamed that i'd have to come on here and 'fess up to what i'd done, than what i'd actually eaten as it tasted soooooooooo good!!!

BUT and here is the good bit...........I didn't get on the scales to see if i've gained on not........i am still determined to weigh myself on sundays!!!

I have to reach my goal weight by the end of the month otherwise i'm going to get really angry with myself....its so silly.....I wasn't even that hungry I just fancied it and couldn't be bothered to cook myself something different. But due to the wheat i am now suffering badly!!!

splashes, wasnt' that conveinient that you fell off the wagon and landed straight on the scales......you can't be blamed for that, accidents happen....blame the guy who but the scales so close to that darn wagon!!!! lol but congrats on the 2lb weight loss!!

Ideal hope the day in court didn't end in another fight with a bag of nut goodies!!!

Have a great weekend........i have another challenge on my hands as freinds have invited us around for dinner on saturday night.........why oh why does my whole social life revolve around food???!!!! Wish me luck!
Old 10-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #92  

I didn't weigh myself this morning. I wanted to, but there wasn't time to remember unitl after I was completely dressed. I'll just have to weigh tomorrow!

Hotsplashes - congratulations on loosing 2lbs!!

Tulip - just say "oh, well" and go forward. You'll meet that goal before you know it!!

Ideal - I hope your party went well. My mother looovvveess Home Interior! She sells it on and off just to have the discount so that she can splurge!! I love it because I get the "I'm tired of this picutre" hand me downs!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Default New here

Hi, can anyone join in? I definately fit this mold! I weigh myself every morning! No clothes, dry hair and after all morning bathroom stuff is done.

It's so bad that last week I lost (I thought) a pound and called boyfriend at work to tell him! I was so excited!! I said, guess where I am and guess what I did......he didn't say anything so I said....I lost another pound. His only respone...."you're naked aren't you."

(BTW - I apparently didn't lose the pound as I appears and disappears daily, as it has done for a month now!)
Old 10-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome Little Grasshopper!!

And yes anyone can join!!!

Your introduction story had me laffing so hard I nearly fell off my puter chair! That is something I would do...Call someone and say.."GUESS WHAT!!"...but your BF's response was frikken hilarious!!!

Hope to see you on here as a regular LOSER...we'll help you permanently lose that pound!

Hey Tulip...don't feel bad...When I got to work this morning...my handsome horseman had a big tea and a muffin for me. Talk about carb counts going around the bend! I think that muffin had a billion grams of carbs. One of those luscious JUMBO muffins. Blueberry/Cranberry bran.

So you are not alone. And have a wonderful time at your friends...just watch your portions. And fill up on water before you eat. That way you'll be less tempted to over eat!

Southern! Stick with it! I know you can do it! And what is Home Interior? We don't have that up here in Canada!lol
Old 10-17-2003, 08:32 PM   #95  

Good evening all! Sorry I haven't been aroud this week but it seems to have been a fly by week. My MIL came down last weekend and we golfed Sat after I spent the morning cleaning the house and making a dessert for Thanksgiving dinner for the Sun. Then I got up early Sun and went to the gym while evryone else snoozed and then they met me at 10:15 after they went for breakfast and we drove down to my brothers ( including my MIL) for dinner. We got home about 930 and then I was up early to start work at 8. By the next day when it was time to go to work again I was sick, I don't know if it was from the food on the Sun or another bug I picked up at the Nursing Home where I work. I was just out of sorts all day Tues and WEd, I went to the gym Thurs but could tell I wasn't myself. My days off were wed & Thurs so that helped but after work today I have been feeling alittle sluggish again and have a bit of a headache. however after work tomorrow I will head for the gym no matter how I feel.

The visit at my brothers was really nice. I''m still getting use to the idea that I have all this family I knew nothing about. He is my birth brother and he found me 2 years ago this Christmas. In all there were 6 of us 1 passed away when he was 3 and all but the oldest sister has been located and the rest of us have all met. I am however closest to the brother that put in the search for me, we were at his house. We grew up not far from each other and one brother shoips all the time in the small town I live in now. It truly is a small world. Sorry Im rambling again. Congrats to those of you who lost wt and to those of you who are staying off the scales and to everyone else for hanging in there. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Ohhh Dollar...what a wonderful thing to hear about you finding your family! Sorry to hear you are sick tho...I myself am fighting off a cold. Everyone else at work has got it or had it except for me. So I'm trying my best to stay healthy.

I have found all but 2 of my siblings. Like you...there are six others. I am the 3rd youngest. I met my youngest in 89 and lost him in 92. Found my oldest brother(oldest of all of us) in 86 but do not keep in contact with him. That is the way he wanted it and I understand and respect that. I found my younger sister in 94 and are very close with her...she's my best friend....I found another abrother in 89 as well. We keep in touch and he's an awesome guy. We are good friends as well. I am now just missing my two oldest sisters. Hopefully I will find them.

Eating has been pretty good. I even have been keeping up the water content. I went out for a friend's bday last nite and had no icecream....just a small piece of cake and didn't even finish all of it.

I am finding that when I stick things in my mouth that I'm not supposed to be eating...my body is letting me know and I feel pretty lousy later on.

Today is rainy and yucky....so I'm going to do nothing but housework on my only day off. But tonite I am going to rent a movie and cuddle up with my dogs on the couch.

Have a great day ladies!!! See you all on Monday!
Old 10-19-2003, 04:30 PM   #97  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi everyone......sunday night and i've had my special time with my scales, they were a bit dusty from being in the cupboard all week!!!! But i jumped on and off a couple of times before i believed what they were saying......

I have left them in the bathroom in disgrace, as they were not the best scales today.......i haven't lost wt nor put it on. Naughty scales!!!!

I am going to keep them out this week as my daily wiegh in's help me to keep a track of my eating better

I have spent two day's cheating a bit (cake & wine! - No not together splashes, i'm not that bad!! ) so i'm determind to stick to my food plan this week, i have my shopping list ready for tomorrow and will stay away from the naughty stuff with the safe comfort of knowing that my scales are in the bathroom waiting for me............ahhhhhh it's like having a friend return from a trip!!! lol

Hope you all had a great weekend.........and colds / bugs etc have all cleared up!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:31 AM   #98  

dollar and hotsplashes - Your stories sound a lot like mine. A year ago I decided to look of my birth fathers family. I "thought" I knew his name. After 15 minutes on the net I found him - in australia. But his family was in the states. I managed to meet a whole load of family that I didn't know. Found that my mothers mother has kept in touch with them quietly and has been sending picture of me throughout a lot of my life. So now I have 2 sisters, 3 brothers (all left in the states). I am the oldest and my youngest brother's mother is the same age as me. He was really surprised when we met. He's 12. It has been a wonderful experience. I'm even dabbling with getting to know the birth father now.

Has nothing to do with scales or weight loss - just thought I'd share. It's a very small world huh!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:32 AM   #99  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good morning ladies!!

Monday morning broke with the sound of my scales being jumped on!!! DH shouts from the bedroom.............Thougth they were supposed to be locked away in a cupboard???..............Oh no not anymore i reply, they're being good for a change so i'm letting them out for a week It's offical, he thinks i'm crazy!!!!

I've put on a lb over night tho, which was a bit dissapointing , but had the right effect on me and i went shopping and bought all the stuff of my weekly meal planner, came home and cooked up some stuff for the freezer / fridge, just in case i get caught short of time!!!

I have eaten very sensibly today even tho there is cake in the tins!!!! Water intake is good and my exersice for the day will be running back and forth to the loo!!!!

Hope your monday morning has got off to a fine start!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:31 AM   #100  

I finally weighed myself this morning. The 2lbs that I've been playing with were gone plus another 1/2lb.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:33 PM   #101  

Hey to everyone! The parties went well-alot of food and drink! Also, alot of family that hasn't seen me since 60 pounds ago! My husband was so proud of the compliments I was receiving-he walked by and said, "That's twelve" etc.. Anyway, now back to the daily grind-Monday! No one likes their probation officer and they all seem to find more trouble on the week ends....what stories I could tell....

Weigh in is today at 4:30 (official at WW) so it'll tell me how bad I was over the weekend...see ya all tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:21 AM   #102  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Morning ladies!!!

Tuesday morning and the scales were nice to me!!! I do love my scales.......it's much better if we are nice to each other

Glad you enjoyed your party ideal!!! It's really nice when you get loads of compliments from family members that haven't seen you for a while!! I bet you were as pleased as punch?

Well done butterfly - 2 1/2 lbs lost is brilliant!

to all the rest who are finding long lost family members - it must be a great feeling?? I have a brother on my fathers side that i have never met, he is 12 years older than me and while i have thought many times about trying to find him i never have! My father died when i was 15 and he would have been our only connection, so since my father is no longer here i've not entertained the idea........but now, with your stories i'm giving it a little more thought!!!

Oh and little grasshopper.....dont worry about your post not being about scales.........it's takes our mind off them for a while!!! lol

Splashes?????? It's Tuesay and you haven't been around since the weekend.........where are yoooooooooooouuuuuu?????????? If you've got your head stuck in the biscuit barrel i'm going to get very cross with you!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:13 AM   #103  

good morning all! Today I am working two jobs then leaving for school. I'm trying not to think about all the studying I should be doing!!

I'm over food poisoning and am now watching the scales climb back up again. I do understand why though....so it's not so bad...as long as they dont' go over my weight as of last week!

Idealperson, CONGRATULATIONS on all the compliments at your parties! That had to make you feel GREAT! It's a wonderful feeling when it happens, and people don't compliment each other nearly enough!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #104  

Good morning. The scales were really nice this morning and told me that I lost another 2lbs (down to 146)!!!! Maybe I should only weigh after TOM is gone. The rest of the month seems so depressing!!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 185/136/125

Height: 5'5"

I also lost 2 lbs! (Good scales!) I am SO relieved to be past 164/165, seemed like I was there forEVer!

I think I forgot to tell you guys that last week someone from work asked me whether I'd lost weight, and said it was "very obvious." She is the first (and only) person to say anything about it to me. I wonder if people just don't notice, can't tell, or just aren't saying anything.
Closed Thread