Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #349

Good Afternoon!
It's very, very windy here today. At the end of the school day the office announced that because of the wind, several cars in the teachers' parking lot have tar on them. Dumb me left the sunroof vented so I also have grit on the inside. We can take them to be professionally cleaned and turn the bill into the roofing company. I have a feeling DH will do mine just to get it done asap. I don't know why they didn't have us move cars when the wind came up . . . we have a whole practice field to use. The roofers are not a careful bunch; they peek in windows as they go by and swear in Spanish. They make cat calls (in Spanish) at some of the younger teachers when they come in the mornings. We'll all be glad when they are done and gone!

"Gma" -- I was sorry to read about your friend, Carol. Sad! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Bob doesn't ask for ice cream, he just goes and gets it. Ice cream is one thing that could rot and I would not miss it. I like ice cream on pie and that's about it.

I have bell practice tonight so need to finish writing a letter to my mom and dream up something for supper.

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday! I will be in Omaha most of the day with DH.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:21 AM   #2  

Jean: Yikes, tar in the car, nasty! Hope you have a great time in Omaha today even if it is for dh's eye surgery!

Looks like the east coast is battening down their hatches. It is supposed to get really nasty by this afternoon. I guess one of the things is the storm is so big that the landfall covers about 100 miles. My son lost money for something he was going to go and do in Va Beach and of course everything is pretty much cancelled. Va Beach is getting it pretty good this morning. I remember living there and the provisions we mad when dh was in the Navy about what we would do.

Jack has lost 4 lbs already on his diet and only been doing it less than a week. I told him he would and he sure does stick to it. He's better than I am that is for sure.

Well ladies, you all have a great morning!

Faye
Old 09-18-2003, 11:57 PM   #3  

Good Evening, Flowers!
DH is in bed and I am heading that way! It's been a very long day -- we left home at 8 AM and got back home around 8 PM. I'm so thankful I don't have to fight city traffic on a daily basis. I sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours when it was supposed to be approximately an hour. If I'd have known it was going to be that long, I would have brought a pillow and taken a nap; the waiting room looked like a HUGE livingroom with groupings of furniture scattered around. No one would have ever noticed me way back in the corner! He has to wear goggle type eye wear until morning and then each night for the next 4 nights. His eyes were itchy and watery but that should be gone by morning. We came home, out of our way, to touch base with our #1 granddaughter who was pitching a royal fit last night when I talked to her mom. Come to find out, she has an ear infection! No wonder she screamed every time she tried to suck on her bottle!

Bob tried to clean the tar off of my car but will have to have it professionally done as it leaves an outline/spot where the spatters were. I can hardly wait to see what that bill comes to.
I'll take great pleasure in submitting it to the roofing company!

"Gma" -- Tell Jack "congratulations" on the 4 # loss! Why is it so easy for men to lose? NOT FAIR! DH says he is going on a diet as soon as the ice cream is gone. We'll see. Are you getting any of the hurricane weather? It's turned cold here -- supposed to get down in the 30s tonight. BRRRRRR!

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 09-19-2003, 05:40 AM   #4  

Jean: We are supposed to get cooler,dryer weather from it I guess. I just hope we don't end up wearing longjohns and winter coats to the zoo and the ballgame next week! I need to show off my new clothes!!!!!

Poor baby. My son had recurring ear infections for four long years and it was horrible. She probably has a sore throat too.

I had a myriad of people at my house yesterday and I hardly ever have company. My friend and I did out breakfast and walk together then Kelly called and brought T over to make a birthday card for his other grandma and they took me to lunch. Wish I could bottle that boys energy! He got my keyfob for the garage and was making the garage door go up and down (and our garage is BEHIND the cond so the door can't be seen by us) and his mom and I were chasing around the house trying to get it back. She would say, "He's coming your way" so he would turn around and I would say "He's coming your way" and of course he thought that was incredibly amusing.

Well, Jack will be up in just a little while .

Faye
Old 09-19-2003, 08:51 PM   #5  
Thin Within

YIPEKIO I got my computer tower back today ~ they sure fixed it quick. Seems to be working great now so I am a happy camper.

I showed a bit of a gain this past weigh day and don't know why so won't even wonder about it. Onward and downward. My leader said, "OH, it could be because you are starting your walking program." Could be but like I said I didn't trip about it.

Everyone have a great evening.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #6  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It was another beautiful day in my neighborhood -- sunny and cool with NO wind! I am ready for the weekend to be here. Tomorrow we will hopefully catch two kittens! I have a real home for them; the Siamese is getting quite tame but his/her sibling isn't quite so sure so I'm hoping he will eat with his back to me and I can grab him when he isn't looking. We'll see. Tomorrow night we have a pot luck with DH's manager and the rest of the agents. The company has done some reorganizing and added 3 counties to the agency so will meet the new agents and their wives. The neat thing is that one of the "new" counties is the one DH started with 22 years ago and still has the same agents so we will be together again. They are our age so we won't be the "oldest" at the social functions any more. On Sunday, MIL is coming down to go to church with us. DH's group is singing and she has never heard them. The kids and grandkids are coming for dinner so I need to decide what to feed them. Life would be so simple if we didn't have to eat!

"Gma" -- It's supposed to get down into the low 40s tonight. It was nippy this morning but warmed up this afternoon. I love the crisp feeling of the fall mornings. Beth said she could tell a difference in Madaline after about 4 hours; the shots act so much faster than the oral meds do. She likes her medicine -- Beth said it smells kind of fruity. I can just picture you, Kelly, and T playing keep away with the garage door opener.

Maggie -- I'm so glad that you are back with us! You will have the small gain gone in no time, I'm just sure of it!

My long day, yesterday, is catching up with me and I am heading to bed. DH is getting along fine even though I have to put the eye drops in. Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 09-20-2003, 06:53 AM   #7  

Mags: Missed you a lot. Don't sweat the weight thing, you know how the drill goes! Hope all is well with you!

Jean: I'll bet your mil will sure enjoy your husband's singing group. I miss doing specials in church. I really love to sing. I like the old stuff best, but I have done some really pretty Sandy Patty songs too.

We are getting closer to our trip and I am really just so antsy. I went and cleaned the deck and put all the summer stuff in the garage now so the deck is empty except for the patio table. We have some elderly ladies that have bird/squirrel feeders and the seed casings and stuff end up on my deck because of my tree. Makes for a mess and I try and keep it cleaned up to keep from having rodent problems.

The cat was so nuts this morning I ended up putting him in the carrier and locking him in. For about 5 minutes he meowed sorrowfully and rattled the metal cage door and then quieted down. He kept attacking us in bed and waking us up and then would go after Fortune who sleeps under the blanket. Jack didn't come to bed until 2 so he hadn't much sleep.

You ladies have a great weekend.

Faye
Old 09-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #8  

Angry

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is a breezy 57 degrees here tonight! It rained most of the day so is damp and icky outside. I can really notice that it is getting darker earlier and I hate to see daylight savings time end; then it will be dark at 5:00!

"Gma" -- There was quite a crowd at church today considering that it was pouring rain about the time that we usaully go. DH had to be there at 7:30 so he always leaves much earlier than he needs to. The group sounded pretty good for the first time singing this fall; they used canned music and I prefer the piano but that's just me, I guess. I had to at Fortune being under the covers and Butterscotch bothering you all! Leonard usually makes a tour of the bed around 5 to see if anyone is getting up earlier than usual. Then he'll lay down by my feet and close enough to touch me.

I have another load of clothes going and need to figure out what I am wearing tomorrow . . . definitely layers to be warm in the morning and take off if it warms up in the afternoon. I'm sure we won't have heat at school for quite a while! Our furnace came on last night and it was toasty!

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 09-22-2003, 08:31 AM   #9  

Jean: We are still using the AC and an extra fan upstairs at night. I dread turning on the heat for the year. It just tells me the cold weather is coming!

I have all my dinner recipes compiled for my 3 weeks of menus and am starting on getting a grocery list going for them and getting the menus themselves done. Takes a lot of work, but I have to get a jump start again and I find I do really well when I eat structured rather than pick and choose during the day. When I started in January I would make out a menu for the day and stick to it. I got a lot of recipes from right here on the site too.

Have a great day ladies

Faye
Old 09-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #10  

Angry

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a chilly day here today -- 60 degrees, windy, and more clouds than sunshine. I am glad that day #1 of Homecoming Week is over with!

"Gma" -- I finally broke down and turned the heat on. I hated to but left the downstairs windows open one night and there was a breeze blowing through the next morning. The chairs were even cold to sit on. I should get some menus planned and make a trip to the store for supplies. My problem is that whatever I planned for a particular night isn't what sounds good when I get ready to fix it. You'll know when I win the lottery because I'm going to have a cook that delivers meals!

I need to make a couple of phone calls for church so better get off the computer. Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:57 AM   #11  
Thin Within

Good evening all. We had a wonderful drive about in Yosemite today ~ nice top down weather in the forest under the trees. We had to put the top back up coming home for it was getting hoter by the mile. When we got home it was 100 degrees.

Not much happening around here out of the ordinary. We are looking forward to going to NM next month ~ love these get-aways.

Sleep well my friends and wake up on the morrow with a smile on your faces.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #12  

Woohoo leave for vacation tomorrow and get to see my son and his fiance on Sunday!

Well I have 20 days of menus done and I am going to try to do one more week. I have a ton of low fat cookbooks and the WW new one is pretty good. I have one that has delicious recipes but no cal or fat content at all. How dumb is that? I would have to do item by item and figure everything out and to tell you the truth doing the menus has been enough of a bore.

I am sitting here with Yahoo Launch on listening to "I Got You Babe." I have been cleaning upstairs and I always turn it on to clean as we have only one oldies channel now and it is in Arkansas and won't come in on the house radios. Nothing is better that bouncing around listening to Elvis, or The Dave Clark Five while you are cleaning. Makes a nasty job enjoyable at least for me. Ahhh, now we have Jefferson Airplane on . I think the song is called "Ask Alice?" She's kooky, but I like Grace Slick.

Well, I have so much to do to get ready to pack tonight and everything so I better get back to work.

Faye
Old 09-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Hello everyone!

It is a wonderful 82 degree day so far and supposed to get up to 95. Yesterday was supposed to get to 95 and made it to 100. Fall will get here ~ I have high hopes.

Nothing out of the ordinary going on here and Life is Good! so I can't complain or ~ shouldn't anyway.

I made a nice crock pot of chili verde as I slept last night and it sure did taste good for lunch today. So easy and so yummy. Just cube up a boneless pork roast and sprinkle it with chopped garlic, coarsely chop an onion and cut up a can of whole green chilis. Put all in the crock pot on low and let it do its magic while you sleep. It is that "other" white meat and easy on the points. Works great in a tortilla wrap also for a great burrito ~ add a bit of rice and some cumin and you have a great dinner along with a green salad.

FAYE I also like to get menus made up ahead of time. With those cook books that don't have nutritional information it is a challange but when I find a recipe I really like or want to try I type in up in my Master Cook program and voilla ~ the nutritional 411 is calculated for me. I then write the points values in the books for future reference. If the points end up being too high then I know how to lighten the recipe to make it more points friendly.

Have a nice afternoon folks and enjoy your walk down this road to thin.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:28 PM   #14  

Angry

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is a breezy 63 degrees here but the sun is out so it seems like it should be warmer outside. Today we took my car into the dealership to have the tar spots cleaned off; we were expecting a HUGE bill and were pleasantly surprised to find out it was only $45! Another teacher had a $250 estimate on her car and the difference is that her car is older and has "soft" paint. I'm not sure what that entails but since mine is new the tar didn't damage the finish.

My gang "wannabe" dropped out of school today. He's had multiple in-school and out-of-school suspensions which made him get behind in his school work. He wouldn't take anything home and never came to class with the right books, etc. Of course, it was always somebody else's fault, never his. He has a terrible temper and blew up at the PE teacher which set the whole day off. Unfortunately we are having another problem student return in Oct. who has spent a year and a half in a mental institution. I've never worked with him so am a little apprehensive. Never a dull day at the school!

Maggie -- It definitely feels like fall here and the leaves are beginning to turn. After 90+ degree days in school, I was more than ready to put the fans away. Your chili sounds good! I haven't fixed any yet this fall but am getting close.

"Gma" -- Enjoy your vacation! I guess I didn't realize that you were leaving so soon. I know you will have a great time! Who is animal sitting for you?

Not much else is going on in my corner of the world. We don't have bell practice tonight because it is the Homecoming Coronation. I'm not sure if I'm going or not -- there is always such a crowd and I hate being squished together on bleachers.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:36 PM   #15  
Thin Within

JEAN the type of paint on a car sure does make a difference. Most of the new cars now have clear coat which keeps the paint from fading and makes it so much easier to clean. A friend of ours sideswiped my car the other day and it looked like it scrapped the paint off. The adjuster said it looked like a $400 damage. The man at the car place thought so also at first then called us and said it all buffed off and there was no charge. However, the guy that sideswiped it with his van has $450 worth of damage to be fixed. My car is plastic and has wonderful paint and clear coat which protected it. It was tough enough to just rub the paint off that van. which got dented also.
Closed Thread