Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#407

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:35 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls ---
It's my bedtime, but I had to pop back in here after catching up on all your messages. I have been so emotional today. I can be a very weepy person and cry easily...I cried on the way to work today listening to my radio station talking about 9/11, cried to the sad songs, cried on the way home, cried when I read Tina's message....I am tearing up again watching 9/11 coverage on the Fox News....I am such a basket case! I'm not depressed or anything, just weepy remembering 9/11. I am sure many people are going through this today.

A few replies....

Sandy --- Have a wonderful girls weekend!!! Watch out for those Jello shots!!!

Syn - I work in the corporate marketing group for a large asset managment company. I go into the office 3 days a week and work from home 2 days. The company is very flexible and my job doesn't involve a lot of meetings or things that require me to always be in the office --- I work primarly with a vendor in MN that I manage so most of my time is spent on the phone or computer --- not to mention I have a 1+ hour commute each way. The company is great to me, but I work hard for them and they recognize it! Thankfully!

Terri - Jeff is not with a CPA firm. He also works for an asset management firm (not the same one I do). He oversees the administration of all their mutual funds! I'm sure the topics at the conference will be soooo interesting! CONGRATS on hitting 250. I can't wait to get to that day myself!!! I would love to ride with you next year at 2cutes. It's been a while, but you never forget do you?

Mary --- Sorry I didn't make it to chat with you last night. I was a busy little beaver --- ironing and packing had to take priority. However tonight I am forgoing those things to post here.

Steph --- Good job getting back to Curves last night!!!

Andria --- I was just thinking the same thing today about food --- I usually have my breakfast and then a mid-morning snack. Today I was so busy I just had a cereal bar on the way to work and didn't even think about food until lunch time. Maybe I should keep myself that busy everyday! Glad to hear lower carbs are working for you. I get a lot of carbs in fruit and cereal, but I find that I eat very little bread, pasta....

2cute --- No getting laid around this house!!! DH is still battling this lovely little infection. He had to go for a 'scope' procedure today - OUCH! I felt so bad for him! Turns out he has a bacterial infection in the prostate.... Lovely!!! I know, sorry, way TOO MUCH INFO!!! All that info just to say --- "no Big & Tastys" around here lately! So sorry to hear about your knee pain today -- it probably was all that jumping around in the pool --- take care of yourself. I love the picture board idea! I might have to do that as well!

Pam --- The urge to exercise??? Way to go!!! Isn't it a good feeling when you actually want to do it and don't have to force yourself with every bit of willpower in your body?

Lori --- I had to laugh when I saw the other posts. I also thought that guy looked very much like the mess of a boy you were with recently. I'm glad you changed it!

Tina ---- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....for being such a wonderful person!!! I was so touched by your post! You are so precious and I am so happy to have you as a part of my days! I love you for being you!!!

Kat - I would also love to see a picture of you --- any many others here who I don't have a face to go with a name...Thin, 2Cute, Mary, I'm sure there are more....

Michelle - Sounds like Andrew had a great day with his family and the Wiggles! I hope the party and cookout are a good time this weekend!! I'll be on the lookout for a cute pool boy for you!

Amanda --- So good to see your smiling face!!! Come back to us more often!!

Alright girlies -- I have to get to bed. I couldn't end the day without catching up with my favorite ladies!! I'll see you tomorrow!

Barb
Old 09-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi all. Just a quick post here as I am ready for bed. I put in over 10,000 steps on my pedometer today. According to my stride and weight, I walked over 5 miles and burned over 800 calories. Woo Hoo! Don't have the energy to reply to everyone but I did want to wish Andrew a Happy Birthday! My daughter, Kayla, will be 3 next month. Tina- I loved your post. It was so sweet and from the heart. Well ladies, I'm off to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Steph
Old 09-12-2003, 01:03 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Default !

One last post before heading to bed.

Kat... the pictures I have of you are older ones. Your daughter looks about 12 years old. She is in college now. I think it said 1998. That was in the LAST century. It is the new millenium... 2000's.
Syn... way to go rejoining WW. I hope you enjoyed the rain.

Barb... your vacation is right around the corner. I bet you are getting excited. It was so nice of you to take the time to reply to everyone when you are so close to leaving.
I could relate with your crying today. I could only watch so much of the 9-11 stuff today. Too stressful. I was full of guilt for feeling sorry for myself and my knee when they went through sooo much more.

Terri ... I LOVE KOHLS !!!!! I just found ROSS recently. I really like it too.

Michelle .. I can't believe your baby is 3 already !!!!!
You can send me a photo of the two of you together.

Amanda... I can relate to procrastinating during the move.
I am STILL not set up totally here.. nor totally moved out of the old house. We were going to have a garage sale this weekend and then clean out the shed... but with this bum knee that isn't going to happen. Glad to see you post again. maybe we can make a pack together and take it small accomplishments at a time.

Thin... thanks for starting the new thread. I assume you are swamped with paperwork from all of those jobs you are doing. Hope you are sleeping and getting some rest tonight.

Steph.. congrats on all of those miles !!!! Way to Go !!!!
Your little girl is almost 3 too. WOW. My grandbaby just turned 3 so I can relate with you and Michelle.

Okay... I think I am caught up again.
I hope you all enjoyed my many visits today. Hopefully tomorrow my knee will be better and I will need to do a lot of catching up around the house.
I also need to do a lot of shopping. Sunday I am having that duel birthday celebration here. Lots of food to buy ... and cook. Plus I have not bought a single gift yet.
I hate being a procrastinator !!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:41 AM   #5  

Default I just had to drop in.....

Hi! This is Tracy aka Robntracy. I changed my nick because I wanted it to be a little more personal.

I came in because I read Tina's post from the last thread and it touched my heart. Tina you are a sweetheart and I can not believe that you remembered me since I have not posted in ages. You are great!!! I love you too!!

I come here almost every day and read the posts. I have not been on or even near the wagon in so long that I did not know what to say. I had to keep up with you guys though because you are special to me. I know that alot of people would just see this group as impersonal. That is so far from the truth!! There are so many emotions involved and so much support and caring among us all that it is hard to explain to others. It is special.

I am still not OP. I have thought of joining WW but I cant see spending the money. I cant seem to stop over eating. It is getting to the point where I am really out of control and cannot stay OP for more than a few hours at a time. Do you think I will get the "click" that I need soon? I feel like if I dont change my lifestyle soon and get healthier then it is never gonna happen. I want to live!!! I feel left out of so many things in life. It is nobody's fault but my own though. I do know that I am tired of being a spectator. I wanna play!!!

Well I dont post for awhile and then you cant shut me up I am going to try my best to start posting daily again. It is like therapy for me.

Thanks again Tina for remembering me and being such a generous and caring person.

Hugs to all,
Tracy
Old 09-12-2003, 06:52 AM   #6  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, so much for not posting at 4 a.m. Tina, this one is purely your fault! Ok, it isn't entirely. I woke up at 2:15, and one of the thoughts in my head was that I didn't post on Thankful Thursday. When I couldn't get back to sleep, I decided to come read here. Tina, your post was so sweet. Thank you for being such a warm, sharing person. I was crying. 2cute, thank you for reminding us to celebrate life.

2cute, I'm going to try and get in contact with my friend who teaches water aerobics here and see if she has any ideas for you. I was also thinking you might want to invest in a pool thermometer for these colder days if you don't have one already. With arthritis, there is a definite temperature point where you should not get in the pool at all. Take it easy on that knee! And I loved reading the extra posts from you.

I started looking last week for a picture to post up of myself. I was so sad to realize there are absolutely none that are even remotely current. I'm going to do something about that as soon as I can get with my sis. I haven't appeared in a family photo in more than 4 years that I can remember, and I can't even find a copy of that one. Somehow that speaks to my sense of valuing myself and loving myself.

Well, DH was only turning down the covers the other night. It wasn't that kind of hint. Still, I hear him stirring around in the bedroom, and... since we're both awake... I'm outta here, chickies!

Andria
Old 09-12-2003, 07:52 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all Just aa quicky. I have to sub a few hours this morning, but first I have to drive my Aunts dog to the vet to have a hair cut.. Catch you later
Old 09-12-2003, 08:43 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Quote:
It is the new millenium... 2000's.
Well, bust my buttons, so it is! Gosh, it must have slipped my mind!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' Ladies,

OMG you guys are chattier than ever. I just can't keep up!!!

So far so good. I've put together 4 days OP in a ROW!!!! I had to fight the mind battle last night. I was full from dinner and my head kept saying "You need a snack, You need a snack". I had to keep saying back "But I'm NOT hungry. You are a nasty habit. GO AWAY!" I won. This morning I gave myself a pat on the back for keeping the snackies away. (I really wasn't the least bit hungry or I'd have used a couple of flex points.)

Hope you all have a great day.

BTW Terri, 250 I'm proud of you. I know how hard you've worked to get there.

j-ann
Old 09-12-2003, 09:16 AM   #10  

Morning Chicklets,

NO WAY I COULD EVER CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU CHATTY CHICKS!!!!!! So, I will say just this:

Tina, I love you too girl!! Thanks for the inspiring post. We never know..the last time we tell someone we love them maybe the last time!!! I love all of you. I feel like this posting here on this forum has helped save my life. All of you are just the best.

Welcome Tracy and J-Ann, very nice to meet you and have you here with us.

AND. LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, AMANDA, WELCOME BACK SWEETY!!! I MISSED YOU!

Have a healthful day all!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:41 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning gang
My knee is not much better but I am walking a little bit better.
It is after I sit for awhile and get up that it really hurts.

TRACY !!!!! Welcome back. I am sooo glad that Tina inspired you to post again. I was just editing my 3fc list of friends and saw your name still there. I am happily going to put you down in INK again.
Don't forget the name of this thread... "Ready to try AGAIN"
NEVER give up... keep reading and pick one new habit to start... like drinking more WATER. It is so good for us. It keeps us full, it washes away the fat, he allows our bodies to let go of water we retain, plus it improves our complexion to boot.
Remember my affirmation... PROGRESS not perfection

Pam... you don't need to catch up or even keep up... Just make time to post with us daily. We love hearing from you.
J-ann... congrats on your 4 days in a row.
I am glad you won your inner battle.
Did any of you see "A Beautiful Mind" ?? Remember how Russell Crowe had to ignore those people in his head too ?? I am not saying we are crazy... LOL ... but we all have inner demons that we have to TAKE CONTROL over. Ours just happen to like to eat more than others.

Kat. you always crack me up.
I want your new photo to me titled "Me in 2003" LOL

Mary... Good morning to you too. Are you subing at the library or the schools??
My 4 legged baby needs to be groomed too. He hates it so I always put it off as long as possible. But I am running out of time now.

Andria... when you talk to your friend could you ask her if she knows of a video that does water aerobics. I have never seen one but it would be cool to hook up a tv so I could do a work out with an instructor instead of just on my own.
And I do already have a thermometer. That day I FROZE the water was about 78.
And ... I can't wait to have a picture of you soon.

That is everyone since last night. LOL
I won't be here as often today but I will be more productive today.
I think laying in bed yesterday was what I needed..
but today I am going to try and walk it out more.
Hope I am doing the right thing.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Talking I did it!! I did it!!

I got Tracy and Amanda to post! My mission is almost complete:

I am so sorry....how in this world could I forget Natalie? You see, my old faulty brain was giving out on me. This way, Natalie gets a special post just for her.

Natalie: I love you for your determination. I still remember when you told us here while back you had to throw a candy bar in the trash in order not to eat it. Now, if something is on the counter....tempting me.... calling my name, into the trash it goes. I know you've been down a little lately, but please know that it will get better.

Well.....let's see. I am still OP and have been since I re-joined WW on Monday. I have exercised twice so far this week. Wednesday, I did the one mile WATP and last night I did the two mile. I really enjoyed doing the 2 mile last night and didn't feel pushed at all. I think I am really going to like this Flex Program. I hope it likes me.

Trey has been sick the last two days, so he has had to come to work with me. He laid in the floor Wednesday on a blanket and pillow just about the whole day and then when I brought him in yesterday, my friend and co-worker that works on thirds said he could go home with her and have control of the remote. So....guess what he chose? DUH. Let's see...... Stay at work with Mom while she's working or go to Christina's and lay on the couch and get spoiled as I watch tv all day? No brainer there! He dropped me like a hot potato. He's better today though and is back at school.

However.....guess who called me about an hour after I got to work? You got it. Brian, (my 15 year old) he was in the nurses office with the same affliction, so guess who is now laying on a blanket in my office floor? I just know someone's going to get sick here and I'm going to get the blame for it.

Ok.......got a brain strainer for you this morning.

I know it's better to exercise in the morning, but I can't when I'm working. What I've found is that I'm exercising around 6:30pm and then I usually eat around 7:30. I don't like to eat first because I feel like my stomach is full and I can't exercise as well. However, I don't like to exercise and then go eat.

Which do you think is better? Exercising before you eat or after? Or does it even matter?

Have a lovely day and I will pop in later tonight!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:43 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Again Ladies-

Thanks for the welcome back. Now, I just have to comment on a couple of things. (See, I still don't have much else to say.)

2Cute-I love the pact idea. I want to have a yardsale at the end of the month at the old place-and then make that it. It is already getting cold here, so I need to get my butt in gear.

Tina-Yep-you got me back, as only you could. (I've got a little secret to tell you here-when I started posting on this thread part of why I did it was because I related to you so easily. It made me want to post.) As to the exercise, I think it is better to exercise after eating. That way it raises your metabolism before you go to sleep. Just my thought.

Tracy-Glad you came back too!

Pam-I missed you too!

To everyone else ( I know I missed many.) hope you have a great day. I have a bunch to do around the house today, so I will chat with all of you later.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #14  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

How is everyone?

I haven't been on since Wednesday! I feel soo much better - this is what I have been up to for the past couple of days.

My walk away the pounds tapes came in the mail AND i managed to find my older tapes..woo hoo. I've been doing the one mile walk every day, I'm going to do the two mile walk today, I should be fine. I also started doing weights yesterday, we have a huge 3,000 dollar home gym in the basement...it belongs to my brother, but it's a nice piece of work! :-p

My eating has been so-so..but I don't care so much now that I am working out. Today I had this massive craving for peanut butter...I'm not eating nearly enough protein I don't think.

So what have all you ladies been doing for exercises?
Old 09-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girlies,
I'm getting there....most of the packing is done, work is winding down, now to tackle the cleaning. I always like to clean my house before I leave for a trip, that way I know when I come home there is nothing to do but unpack and do laundry.

I am going to get my hair trimmed at 4:00 and then I have to take the fur-babies to the kennel this evening. I hope my DH will be home to help. It's a little difficult trying to get 3 dogs to the kennel by myself.

Friday is weigh-in day for me --- 1 more pound gone!
I was hoping for a little more this week, but I had a little visitor show up this morning - TOM, which I know accounts for a little added bloat. It showed up 5 days early. Hmm. Never happened before, maybe the Thyroid meds are messing with my body.

Well, back to my work...talk to ya later!
Barb
Closed Thread