Stay at home Mom's #85

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome to a thread full of laughter, support and encouragment as we try to maintain a household, raise our families and lose weight. All newcomers feel free to jump right in and regular posters too. Have a great OP day!

• Hi, just me again!

Spryng- sounds like you are getting this WW plan down. I'll check out the magazine for you next week and see if they have an issue. As far as Winning Points and Flex Points there is really not much difference. With winning points you got the points each day, but were able to "bank" them. Flex points they are prebanked for the week for you- but you can allocate them as you like. Still points are points. Both my WW pal here and I like the old journal better than the Flex POints one. The function the same but I like the Winning points version better- it actually seems easier to use. Glad too that the oatmeal worked for you.
    as soon as they replace my booklet on that topic (only available at meetings or by joining WW at home) I will send it to you. It had a lot of good ideas about how to eat well and what makes you feel good. BTW, how did you like that book with all those tips in it? I find that so useful!!

Jen- sounds like you have a good plan for yourself with eating.
    I know from my old self employed days (when I would be up all nite writing) that those late nights are killers and it is hard to tell what meal you are eating......is this lunch.......dinner......snack.....and what day???? Sounds like you have it figured out!!!

What a screwy day. There was a minor chemical spill at the High School- and thus it delayed all the bus routes.......so we got home pretty late. I am one tired puppy!!!!
    Gotta go get Dd in, it is getting dark. See ya tomorrow.
    Ginny
  • Good evening all!
    Ginny I just sent you an email. I'm a little upset right now. I think my food point slider is ruined thanks to a busy 2 year old. Kids... gotta love em'. lol.
    other than that I am doing great OP today. I thought I was starving at dinner so I made enough to have more... but after my first plate of portioned entrees I made myself wait 20 minutes to see if that would suffice or if I really was still hungry... well 20 minutes passed and I forgot all about wanting more! So it worked. I put all the food away and drank more water. I have enough points left today for a nice snack this evening after the kids go to bed.
    Well, I need to go clean up the mess my ds made in the kitchen, the one that included my food points slider.
    TTYL!
  • Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA! The kids school schedule yesterday was so Crazy! And did I tell you that I am dd's Daisy Scout Leader this year? I had a meeting in the morning with my co-leader to plan our first month and then another Leader meeting with my service unit last night. In between I had to pick up dd at 11:15, eat lunch and do some GS stuff, then Pick up DS at 2:45, Ds Soccer Practice at 3, DD soccer practice at 4:30, DS soccer pictures at 4:52 DD soccer pictures at 5:00 then finished dd's soccer practice. Now the crazy part is that for all those trips to school and soccer it is a 20 minute drive one way! Sigh....

But I did get my exercise in yesterday! We scrimmaged parents against kids for DD's practice for 35-40 minutes.. what a lot of running! And NO BREAKS! SO I really didnt miss my treadmill!

Got to the gym today and had a bit of a slower day. Had to work on the school website so that is why I havent posted until now (Its 8:03 pm here!)

Everyone sounds like they are doing well and great with their eating plans. I wish I had more time and could remember everyone's individual posts!

I have a question for you all though... I think I am the weird one here as I have always heard that most people are hungry right before TOM. But for the last few years, a few days before TOM starts I start to not be hungry and have to force myself to eat. When I do eat I tend to want salty things, like chips or nuts, but i still dont eat that much. Does anyone else have that problem? I havent even gotten in 1000 calories yet today, although my fat/protien/ carb ratios are on target for the day...

well I better run. I have a ton more email to answer!

Hugs to all!
  • Good morning!
    Just a short hello-

Spryng sorry about your mess.....hang in there I have another slider. And by now you have an idea of what stuff is. Email me with any points questions until you get another slider, ok? (but me being a bear of little brain deleted your home address, so please resend it to me). Glad that you had an OP day and hopefully today will be the same!!!!!!

Karen- you are a lady with many hats!! A Daisy Leader too????
    Glad that you got your workout in. As far as your PMS eating- I can get that way also....and sometimes I crave the wierdest stuff to eat. Guess it is best to say that anything is normal with female hormone mood swings.

Got my walk in this am....and so far eating is good. Seems I have a wee bit of a stomach bug, so I am going to bug out of here and get some rest (unheard of!!!!!!) Have a great day- maybe I will be back later.
    Ginny
  • Good afternoon all!
    Karen, boy you are so busy. You rank right up there with Ginny and Jackie. I thought their lives were hectic! (in a good way of course) but you rival them, lol. You sound like you are still doing great with your WOE. I'm so happy for you. How was your WI this week? Good I'm sure.
    Ginny, thanks so much for the extra food slider and yes I will email you if I need help with any food items until I recieve it. Tonight though I alraedy had planned to make a certain dinner so I know how many points there are involved. I am trying my hand at a gourmet meal!!! I'm so excited! It's pork loin chops in a creamy garlic sauce. It even calls for dry sherry in the recipe, of which I have never cooked with or tried before, plus many fresh herbs I've never used... but I'm so excited!!! It's only 6 points a serving. We are about to have some terrible thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight so right after I fed and dressed Tanner this morning I hauled the kids into town for some quick grocery shopping and errands... they were very good. But I wrote down two recipes out of my Light Cooking cookbook I wanted to try and gathered all the ingrediants today so that I am prepared. I am so excited to cook something other than tuna helpers, box items, or single entrees like baked chicken and such. I am hoping that not only am I changing my eating habits for the rest of my life but that I can become a great cook in the process too!! I know... high hopes... but I'm excited about it! I guess I've said that enough huh?? lol
    I also got in my workout as soon as the kids laid down for their nap today. I don't know how bad these storms are going to be so I don't know if I'll have electricity tonight when I usually do my workouts. So I put in my Denise Austin Fat Blasting workout and did the high intensity aerobics/weight training. I loved it! I was actually able to do the whole thing without stopping once. So I guess riding my recumbant bike has got me back into shape enough to do high intensity. But it is a challenging workout and boy did I sweat! Nothing a cool shower didn't fix, lol. But I feel good about it. Ginny any idea of what the activity points for that would be? It's 20 mins long. I think I may start doing that tape more often. I should see results pretty fast with it.
    Well anway, I'm doing great OP today. And don't worry Ginny. I never plan to stray from this. With the Flexpoint or even banked point system I never need to. If I want that high calorie meal I'll use my banked points for it, there is no need to cheat on this plan ever! That's what I have grown to love about it!! It's so great.
    Ok, I guess I've talked enough. I hope everyone is having a great day and getting better weather than I am. Talk to you soon!!
  • Good afternoon everyone!

I thought I would check in with some good news first! I broke my plateau!! WOO HOO! I dropped 1.5 pounds to bring me down to 189.5! WOO HOO! I am so happy! I a ma few days away from weigh in but this morning my jeans were just too loose to not get on the scale! I am so proud!

Yeah, I am kind of a busy mom but I love it! It keeps me on my toes anad the kids love to have me involved! I am sure as they get older my involvement will get less and less. But I do really love it now.

Ginny - you feel better! I hope you tummy bug is better! And I hope you got some good rest in!

Spryng - I love to cook "gourmet". I have a bookshelf loaded with cookbooks. And Yes, I can still use a lot of them right now! Once I get to Pre Maintenance and LIfetime I will be back to using them again myself...

Talk to you all later.. got to get up on that treadmill today before picking up my son!
  • Here I am! I'm still hanging around! Feeling abit better. Really stiff tho. Its a good thing that I'm finally off the bedrest. Oh geesh I thought I'd lose my mind. I hope tomorrow I'll be back among the living.

Ginny and Spryng, you two sound like you are doing really great. I'm so excited for ya. I'm hearing all kinds of great things about WW. I saw a gf in the dr office on tuesday, I hadn't seen her in nearly a year. She lost all kinds of weight with WW and looked great. Keep up the great work!

Karen I hope you are getting plenty of rest and some down time so you don't get to burnt out. Its easy to do with so many errands and such. Sounds like you are having no problem staying OP. About your TOM question, I'm like Ginny and tend to go both ways. It depends on my mood and the things going on in my life. Not to much to worry about as long as you bounce back after Tom. Mostly mine hit when i was really overwhelmed on the farm and it was really hot. I'd pack a few protein bars and health shake to keep me lined out. I'm not sure how that would help you on the Adkins diet tho... I think I remember seeing on the Adkins site they had energy bars. Thats just the thing too food is energy and you will really need that energy to keep up with your busy schedule. hope I helped some

Well I'm gonna see if can slip away from the kids and plunder around in the barn for awhile. Being on bed rest bakes it hard to run off and get alittle quiet time. Oh and I need it. Dd#1 has read the night before Christmas to me 50x's She's a little sweetie but you can only enjoy that story so many times! Have a great OP day!
  • Christmas in September, Michele? Glad to hear you are feeling better and that you could stop by. Don't over-do it, though, ok? I do understand getting stir-crazy, though!

Karen, Congrats on the loss!!!! You gotta be so excited!!!! I'm with you on the kid stuff........ I love being involved in their activities. When I was a kid, my parents never got involved, and I was always jealous of the kids who had their parents with them. Of course, my kids will probably grow up wishing I'd kept to myself! But, I think they'll appreciate it after some time and therapy.

Ginny, so sorry to hear about your tummy. I am trying to ward off a mild sinus/chest cold, myself. Not feeling well is no fun, but at least it zaps your appetite! Hope you got some good rest in. Sending you get-well hugs..........

Spryng, I hope you enjoy your meal! It sounds wonderful! I was about your age when I really started getting into cooking, too. I am like Karen..... I have loads of cookbooks, and the Food Network is my fave channel! I also have a couple of subscriptions to cooking magazines. I was a little down, at first, about not being able to use some of my favorite recipes because of my new WOE, but I have found that I can alter them and they still come out great. Doing little things like substituting egg beaters or egg whites for whole eggs, etc. can make a big difference and really doesn't change the recipe's flavor much. I have some great frozen crab ravioli in the freezer that I am cooking up tonight, with a very light parmesan sauce........ yummmmmmm!!

Well, somehow I survived today. I was so tired this morning after work..... I couldn't get out of my own way. Thankfully, ds was also tired so he laid down with me for awhile. It took me awhile to get going this afternoon, but now I feel like I may even have a bit of energy for a moderate walk this evening when dh gets home from work. Then I'll come home and make that ravioli dinner.

oh, and I did like Karen and hopped on the scale early this week, because I just couldn't stand the suspense. But, I'm not going to report what I saw.... just that I liked it! I want to give it the full week and have my "official" WI on Monday and then I'll report.

K, off to get some dinner ready for the kids, feed the dogs, supervise homework, etc...... have a great night, everyone!
  • Good evening ladies!

Boy I tell you, I just forgot how busy little ones keep you! Myra is doing better today, I ended up putting her on Isomil and she seems a bit better already!

Ginny, to answer your question, we've been doing a lot of walking and bouncing to deal with her touch of colic. I think it was mostly because of a milk sensitivity, and I hope it will be better now that we've switched her formula! And BTW~ I didn't have much luck with nursing her, it's a long story, but while we were in the hospital she needed to be supplemented and wouldn't nurse after that. I didn't give up though, I just kept trying and was pumping and feeding her that, but she just kept fight me, and now my milk is nearly gone, because I haven't been eating well or drinking enough either. But~ on the bright side~ I lost another 8 lbs. this week for a total of 42 lbs in 3 weeks! I gained an awful lot of fluid during my pregnancy and am just finally getting rid of it, and now I have 30 pounds to go, just to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Oh, and I can now drive again, so I'll be re-joining WW again next week! I'm so excited too, cause I have all of you to help get and keep me motivated!

Well, I better go get bottles done so I can turn in! Good night!
  • Good evening all!
    What a day I had! It all went really well. And dinner was AMAZING!! I was so proud of myself for cooking that meal. I'll definitely be having it again soon! It was so much fun to make and delicious to eat. Even the kids gobbled it up!
    But not only did my ds mess up my food point slider... tonight I laid it on something on the counter and guess what? It feel behind my cabinets!!! I was so upset! But thankfully Ginny was already sending me another one. I have to be more careful. Tomorrow since I won't have anything to tally my points for certain food I will stick to things I know the value of. Like Oatmeal for breakfast, pitas for lunch, and left over pork chops in garlic sauce with brown rice for dinner. And hopefully I get the new slider come saturday. I hope anyway...
    Karen congrats on breaking your plateau!!! That is so awesome. I know you must be so proud of yourself. Now hopefully the weight will come off normally.
    Misty, glad you are feeling better now and off bedrest. I was on bedrest with my dd for the first 3 months of pregnancy due to unexplained bleeding and yes it wasn't fun. But it wasn't too hard to stay in bed all day since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't have any other kids to take care of. I couldn't imagine being stuck in bed with other children to care for. Just take it easy so your back doesn't give you any more problems! You are getting so close!
    Oh Jen! The suspense is killing me! I can't wait to hear all about your WI !! It's so great that everyone is doing so well lately! Very motivating for us all!
    Well, I guess I'll get in bed. Actually getting to bed before 10 pm tonight. That is a first for me in a while. I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow! G'nite!
  • Good evening gals~
    Well I'm PMSing...ahhhh the joys. ANd since I'm already not in control it makes it even harder to curb those urges for fat, sweet and chocolate! I know I just need to get a day or 2 OP behind me and I'll get on a roll.
    Yesterday I worked in the yard all afternoon- what a workout! Today I was too sore to do anything. Tomorrow I will do my WAAP video- or get out for a walk if it's not too windy for the kids.
    I did go grocery shopping today and am well stocked in fruits and veggies- made an awesome chicken stir-fry tonight (if I do say so myself-lol). Thank goodness my boys like broccoli!
    Well, I hear a crying baby upstairs *sigh* and here I thought he was down for the night. Darn.

Later!
    Emily
  • Mel you snuck in on me! Sorry to hear about the breast feeding problems. that is what happened to me with my first child. I just had too many problems and had to put her on formula. It was hard on me emotionally to do that but best for her. Since then my kids have only had formula. I think the best of women who can breastfeed but I am also a firm believer in formula feeding. Whatever is best for the child. So don't feel like you have to defend your choice to us, we know you are a great mother to Myra!! And I hope her colic gets better soon. Tanner was really fussy the other day for the whole day and it really stressed me out. I guess he must have not felt so good. I couldn't imagine women who have to go through that daily. Thankfully he is back to his smiling cheerful self. Hey, 30 lbs to get back to your prepregnancy weight is good! You can do it and then start back down to your goal weight. You were very focused before when you were on WW and I know you will be again. That's what we are here for!
    Ok, I really am going to get in bed now. I'll chat more tomorrow!
  • Emily you snuck in on me too! Ok, guess I'm not getting in bed by 10 pm after all. lol. What plan are you on again? It's hard to fight those craving when TOM hits. maybe instead of denying yourself you should incorporate a small amount of chocolate into your day. Sometimes it only takes a bite or two to stiffle that urge. And your workout plan sounds great. I wish I could work in my yard... I love that kind of work. Next year I plan to do some real landscaping in my front yard. Tanner will be old enough to play outside while I work. I don't know if I will ever do anything to our back yard because that is where my two oldest play and they destroy anything living, lol. I have an azaela bush out there and when it bloomed I had azaela petals all over my yard and no flowers remaing on my bush. It looked terrible but my yard was very colorful! lol. I hope the baby gets back to sleep for you. Have a great evening!
  • Good morning everyone!

I dont have a whole lot of time, but I wanted to check in.

Mel - You are doig so well losing all that pregnancy weight! Dont worry about switching to formula... I had to do that with dd too. I wasnt producing enough milk at 4 nonths and she was sucking so hard that she was causing me to bleed! The doctor had me pump for a couple of months to heal myself before going empty because she really did a number on me so she did have breast milk and formula for 2 months. BUt I felt like such a failure. DS had breastfed for almost a full year with no problems at all. I hope the colic goes away for you with the switch! Ds had that too for a couple of weeks until I decided to take him off the vitamins the doctor told me to put him on! It was aweful! Hangf in there gal!

Emily - I get the Salt cravings during PMS! so I understand. Like Spryng said, add a couple of bites to your diet. I always have a few nuts or now in the case of Atkins, Pork rinds, and that seems to help!

Spryng - I am glad that meal worked out well for you! Cooking is fun isnt it? I come from a very large Italian family and learned to cook at my Grandmother's knee so it is inbred in me! But I love it!

I woke up this morning with a horrible pain in my left knee. It is better now but still hurts. I must have twisted it during the night. I think I am going to go to the gym and get on the stationary bike. I dont think I could handle the eliptical today! Maybe the treadmill....

Talk to you all later!