Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:57 PM   #16  

Hey, 2Cute, I didn't get laid last night either! I know, I know...TMI

Anyway, the cat brats had me up at 6:00AM wanting their breakfast as usual...never mind the dry food that is kept in their auto feeder all the time--they want the good mushy stuff they get twice a day! Right now, Tigger is spread out in front of the door in the sunshine like he is king of the world--both he and Noah asleep, of course (now that Mama is awake ). Plus the maintenance people were here at 8:30 this morning putting new siding on the building, so it's been pretty much BOOM BOOM BOOM among other noise the better part of the day around here

Right now I am having a tomato sandwich and some water...exciting meal, huh? Dinner will be lowfat macaroni and cheese and some fish...my cat brats will love me for that (anything that falls on the floor is theirs! )
Old 09-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Boy I really love this pedometer. It's really keeping me active. I have almost 5,000 steps in already today. I walked my son to school and then walked home. I did my WATP 1 mile tape and I just got back from taking my daughter for a walk around the neighborhood. Besides all that, today is also laundry day so I am going up and down the steps alot. I feel so good. My back muscles are a little sore from Curves last night so I am skipping that today. I plan on going tomorrow night. I want to get there at least 3 days a week. I am also doing really well with my water. I want to live my life to the fullest and be as healthy as I can be. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost a loved one 2 years ago today. We will never forget. Well I need to get back to my laundry and get some more steps in.
Steph
Old 09-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay... Lori.... I have to ask.
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND ????
Isn't that a picture of "The Problem CHILD" in your avatar?
What are you doing back with him??

You are a smart woman... what's up with that??
I put in my vote to put YOUR picture back in your avatar.
Looking at his photo frustrates me something awful.
YOU DESERVE BETTER. Heck.. we all deserve better in here too.
Just my opinion... not a law. LOL
Old 09-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally posted by 2cute2Bfat
Okay... Lori.... I have to ask.
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND ????
Isn't that a picture of "The Problem CHILD" in your avatar?
What are you doing back with him??

You are a smart woman... what's up with that??
I put in my vote to put YOUR picture back in your avatar.
Looking at his photo frustrates me something awful.
YOU DESERVE BETTER. Heck.. we all deserve better in here too.
Just my opinion... not a law. LOL
No, that was not the problem child...lol...just a wrestler that looks like him. Actually, I have not heard from THAT THING for ages. It is a reminder that yours truly can do better...and since my own pic is outdated since I have a new hairdo and color.

Meanwhile, here is my Grumpy Gertie black and white one!

Speaking of which....I just heard from my favorite photographer! He's willing to do a new shoot with me in October! Woohoo...another motivator to stay on my plan!

Last edited by loranden; 09-11-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #20  

THANK YOU !!!
That is such a nicer photo to look at.
You are a beautiful woman... we love to see YOU !!!
Your old photo can't be too outdated... you just had them done. LOL
But I can't wait until we see your new photos in Oct.
Didn't you say you went back to your original hair color ??
How about just an "unprofessional" photo of your new do ??
{{{ HUGS }}}
Old 09-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

Angry

First things first..... I need to tell you all I love you. No, these are not just words to me.. I TRULY mean them. I love you all. YOU are here when others aren't. YOU know exactly how I feel when no one else does. YOU understand what I'm saying when no one else comprehends. YOU are my home and my family....for these reasons and for so many more, I love you.

Never forget the people that perished on 9/11. Never forget to take a chance to say "I love you" to the ones that mean the most to you..... it just might be your last.

I know most of you know I watch Nascar. I got some very sad news today and it just shows you..... you never know.

--------------------
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- The wife of Dale Jarrett's crew chief was one of three people killed when her limousine burst into flames after being hit from behind by a pickup truck.

Tara Howell Parker, 29, died late Wednesday in the interstate accident, police said. Parker was the wife of Shawn Parker, crew chief for Jarrett's No. 88 Robert Yates Racing team.

Megan Elizabeth Howell, 16, and Mysti Howell Poplin, 24, (Tara' sisters) both of Mocksville, also died, police said. All three were passengers in the limousine.

Police said the limousine stopped in a travel lane because of construction on Interstate 40. It was struck by a pickup truck driven by Jeffrey Niles McFayden of Greensboro. The truck pushed the limousine into the car in front of it and a gasoline tank ruptured, causing the limo to burst into flames, police said.

Tara had received a heart transplant just two years ago, and she and her husband adopted a baby boy in July.

"Tara has gone through a lot in the last two years and was really an inspiration to everyone that knew her," Yates said.
--------------------

This has made me so sad. I remember when they told all she had gone through with her heart transplant at such a young age. My heart also aches for the parents of these three ladies, they lost all three of their daughters at once. I can't imagine the loss......

So that is why....and for countless other reasons, I say you should always take the opportunity to tell those around you how much you love them. You never know when you might lose that chance.

Kat: I love you for your wit. No matter how down I am, I can always count on you to make me laugh.

2cute: I love you for so many reasons, but I guess most of all for your sweet loving nature. I've never known anyone who cares so much for so many.

Lori I love you for your quirkiness. You are not a sit on the couch and get fat lady....you are a get out there and get things done lady. I like that.

Pam: I love your positive attitude. Your posts always cheer me up when I am down.

Mary: I love you for your southern attitude. So many times you say things and I think, "That sounds just like me!"

Thin: I love your spirit. You know when to {{hug}} us and know when to us. You offer tough love and extreme support and we are all better when you're here.

Sandy: I love you for your sentimentality. You wear your heart on your sleeve like I do and because of that get hurt often....but it also makes us love more.

Barb: I love the go-getter in you. It seems like you are always on the go.....going to the gym, going on vacation, going to the store to get supplies for your new decorating project. I love that.

Terri: I love you for your honesty. You are a no frills person and you tell it just like it is. I respect you for that.

J-ann: I love you simply because you're posting again. You have no idea how much I missed you.

Syn: I love you because you're a survivor. You've had a lot put on your plate in the last couple of years and you continue to bounce back. I hope I am as strong as you one day.

Jen: I love you for your openness. I know it was hard making the decision to have surgery and I know life is still not perfect for you, but you're still coming here and still trying.

Andria: I love you for your honesty. You never fail to amaze me. What may seem like blabbering to you, is honest, open feelings to me and I feel priviledged that you share them with us.

Jo anne: I love you for your faith. Sometimes you go through hard times, but you never fail to keep your head up. That's what keeps others going as well....even if you don't know it.

Steph: I love you simply because you're here. When people come and go, it makes it hard on us sometimes because it's like losing a friend. I'm so glad my friend has come back to us.

Duckie: I love you for your heart. I know you're not posting as often, but I do believe you're reading. Please know that we miss you when you're not here.

Connie: I love you for your courage. You've been facing a lot here lately, physically as well as emotionally. I hope things will get better for you and we will see your sweet face soon.

Lucky: I love your silliness....your ability to make fun of yourself. Even though we don't see you on a regular basis, I often think of you and how you're doing in your man hunt.

Michelle: I love you for.... geez, for everything. Everything about you makes me love you. I can't think of one thing in particular. You seem so much like me and when you post, I feel we are kindred spirits.

To everyone or anyone else that I have missed..... please know it's not because I have forgotten you, it is because this faulty old brain of mine is just not pulling out any more names. I truly believe though....if you ever made a post on this thread, something you said may have touched someone's life and someone may have been forever changed by your words. Words are a funny thing. You hear the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

I don't believe that. Some of the things that have hurt me most in this life have been by words. Some of the things that have helped me most in this life have been by words. Words are more important that you think.

I hope my words have meant something to you today and know that I mean them with all my heart.

Also..... I did not forget. Amanda and Tracy, we love and miss you too. Please come back.

This concludes the my sappy post for today.... every once in awhile I think it is important to get these feelings out. Sometimes it will make you and all of those around you feel better.

Although.....tomorrow, I will be back to my mean and ornery self so you better watch out!!

Last edited by QueenB; 09-12-2003 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:45 PM   #22  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Dear Friends,

Wish me well, Tomorrow at noon I face the music....I am rejoining WW....Lord knows I am NOT looking forward to the reading of the scales!!!

It is going to rain soon, Sure do need it...it is still 85 degrees and the sky is getting very dark...hope it doesn't storm..be nice if we got a slow long gentle rain so it would do more good....

Forgive me for not responding to individual posts....

I am going to go off line before the lightining starts...

Love to all...
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #23  

Here I am again. I am here so much today because I am house bound.
Not only house bound but still unable to walk. My knee is still BAD.
My husband reminded me how hard I worked out in the pool last night. I did a no no.
I usually do everything in the deeper section so I don't put ANY weight on my knees. Last night I got so enthusiastic that I did lots of jumping in chest deep water. It felt so good at the time... and I was so excited that I was so much more mobile.
THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE !!!! Now today... I am totally immobile.
Sometimes I just forget just how heavy I am and I hope I did not do permanent damage on my knee.

Did anyone see Oprah today.?? I was brought to tears. A woman who had been on her show 6 years ago was on again today. She used to weigh 550+ and now she weighs 287lbs. She did not even look like herself at all. I think she is closer to her natural weight than it sounds. She has probably 75 lbs of skin hanging. She will need 10 more surgeries to remove all the skin. She had her stomach stapled.. or one of those surgeries. Her sharing about when she recently saw herself in the mirror naked just broke my heart. Then she basicly described MY BODY.

Anyway... while I have been chair bound today I did something I have wanted to do for a long time. I made a collage.(picture of lots of pictures). And guess what those pictures are of ?? ALL OF YOU GUYS !!!! I know Thin has us on her china cabinet doors. I used to have a bunch of you around my computer screen... but now.. I have a bullentin board about 16x24 full of your pictures. Well.. most of you. I still need a few more. I can't find my pics of Mary. I know I have some from our old chat site that Baylee started. So Mary.. if you could... would you post one again.
AND... everyone else... I would LOVE to add your mug to my board.

DEON and Duckie.. please come back and post again. I found your pics and I really miss you.
Sara.. you inspired so many of us... please let us know how you are doing.
Malia.. if by any chance you are reading this... We still haven't heard from you.
Amanda.. are you moved in yet?? Get back to us ASAP
Tina... I was torn whether to post Tony on my board or not LOL ... but I decided to keep it "family" only. My cyber family.

If you haven't posted your pic on the site.. you can send it to me via PM or snail mail.
Michelle, Jen, Steph, Syn, ... did you hear me?? Kat... maybe a picture of you in this century. LOL Pam.. I loved your picture you posted and now I can't find it. Grrr
I know I am leaving some of you out... just so many for this feable old mind to remember.
Tina... you did pretty good... and we all love you too. {{ HUGS }}

Anyway... it was great putting these photos together and hanging by my computer.
It really does make you feel "closer" while posting.
You are a lovely group of women and I am PROUD to know you.

You won't believe this.... I can't walk and my husband wants to know WHEN DINNER WILL BE READY. !!! MEN !!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Busy, busy, busy! I just stopped in for a moment while I was eating my turkey sandwich. I am going to change and get to the gym for a little while. Then back home to do a little cleaning, packing, etc. DH has been working ridiculously long hours this week so I'm doing all the trip stuff. However, I don't want to skip my workout, so I better get outta here while I am motivated....I'll try to stop back later!!!
Barb

God Bless America!

9/11/01 - We will never Forget!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

No exercise tonight. I ended up getting a haircut after work and since she was running late, I ran over to Kohls. I had a shoe meltdown. I haven't bought new shoes in what seems like forever and I was finding shoes for these big feet that were cute and fit and on sale! So for my reward for hitting 250 and for being good today with food, I got three pairs.

Well, dang it all 2Cute, sure am sorry to read about your knee. Take care of yourself and rest those knees.

Tina - Thanks for such a great post. You know, we get so many posts going sometimes that its hard to keep up with how everyone is really doing and who is even posting here. That was a very nice complement to us all. There is very sad about the lives lost.

Lori - I thought the same thing of your aviatar. I thought you had gone insane.

Syn - Hey, don't want to face the number on the scale? Just have them record it and not tell you. Have them just tell you how much as you lose. Or else, just remember that its a number and like I said to Tina, concentrate on the pounds changed. Its more uplifting to see that number go up than to try to make the other number come down. Whatever keeps you positive and focused. Go girl!

Barb - Get to packing! You have been taken over by the energizer bunny! You are such an inspiration.

Steph - You're doing awesome with the walking. I had trouble with my pedometer not registering all the time. I wear it around my waist and not sure if I don't have enough hip movement or what so its in a drawer somewhere. 5000 steps a day is pretty darn good.

Howdy to Pam, Thin where the crap are you?, J-Ann what post and abandon??, Amanda, Natalie, Melissa, Michelle, Joe Anne, Joanne, Mary, okay now my mind has gone blank.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:10 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

2cute...I'm sitting here thinking... what does she mean, "this century?" DUH...

Oh! THIS century...

You got it, girlfriend! Look for me in your Christmas card...

geez, now I gotta go look for a GOOD picture...

Given the solemnity of the day, I just haven't felt like posting. I tried to watch the WTC memorial service this morning...the children of many of the victims read the list of names of all 2,792 people who died there. I guess i sat there for about an hour, crying, praying, still not believing, and I fell asleep in front of the TV. (worked last night) I woke up about an hour and a half later and they were STILL reading names. Just too sad.

Tina...I thank you for your kind words. I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say that we love you for your honesty, your compassion, your humor, your feistiness, your devotion to your family and all things NASCAR...In other words, WE LOVE YOU TOO!

okay off to bed for me...one more night of work and then I'm off for three...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-11-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in for a quick hello. My parents got here at 6:45 this morning! I had to leave for work at 7 but john was home and Andrew of course! Today is Andrew's 3rd birthday. They came for the weekend so they could be at his birthday party Sunday at Chuck E Cheeses. Right now they are at a neighbor's house on the next street behind me. My dad was in the Navy and a friend of their's lives right behind me.

My mom brought Andrew a bunch of wiggles toys! Last night I got him the singing Murray (one of the wiggles). He slept with him all night long! Now he has the Captain Feathersword's feather sword my mom just bought him. You can't find them anywhere now and Zainy Brainy just got them in yesterday so we ran to Newtown to get it! He is so happy...running around the house holding his feather sword in the air! He ran over to the neighbor's house to show his friend Riley the sword and the guitar! My baby is just growing up so fast!!

Tina I just have to say you keep bringing me to tears! I love you too girl! You are such a sweet and caring person!

So I hear some of you all got a big n tasty last night...must have been something in the air cause I did too!!

Well I better run...gotta get my stuff ready for work tomorrow. John has off again but not me!! I'll try and catch up to you all tomorrow!

Love you guys! Keep up the good work!
Barb have a great vacation! Think about us while you are lounging at the pool!

Michelle
Old 09-11-2003, 09:46 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Tina I love you too and the rest of you
Old 09-11-2003, 10:03 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm here!!!

Hello all!!! I am about-I just am so off program. I'm partly moved in. I'm such a procrastinator. We just decided to rent our other place for another month. Anyway-I'm not up for a long post tonight-just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll be back for a longer post tomorrow.

Have a great day/evening!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:30 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#407"

God Bless America!
Closed Thread