Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:43 PM   #31  

Hey yes it is great ! I Will go shopping today, and go to the gym as well. If you do find out about the rice that wuold be great, because I could just throw some meat in the rice and eat it easy enough. I will make a list thanks for the tip

I haven't posted for a bit, some things going on. Not a very productive week last week But this week will be different. Starting in about 2 hours when I go to the gym

Your posting really means a lot to me thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hey there-
Ok, about the rice. I was told that brown rice is the way to go. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with white rice, I still eat it... in fact I did today! Just not huge portions. I believe Redballoon posted on your "food choices" thread about the rice.... take a look to see what she said there.

I'm glad the posting helps. I found this place to be a huge help in the choices and other things I do. I joined the "week at a time" thread and the "21 day challenge" thread. Check it out and see what you think. I actually started drinking 80oz. of water for the 21 dayer, and succeeded!! And I still drink that much. Now I'm on another challenge.....eating breakfast. (boy that's hard!!)

Oh, and after seeing your photo, I decided to look around for my "before" pics. and found a few and posted them. You can check it out on the 21 day challenge thread. But they're scary so be prepared!!

Well I hope to hear from you more. Keep up the good work and let me know your new "menu" and what you think. Variety is good and you'll feel like you're not really on any diet anymore... More like a change of eating lifestyle...... (did that make sense?)

Talk with you later
Marti

Here's my "before" pictures. Laugh all you want, just don't let me hear! (sometime soon I will post my current "during" pics.)

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james

Last edited by M.N.J.; 09-29-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #33  

Yes this forum really is great.. I have been reading for the last hour or so, and will probably read/post for the next hour till it is time to go to the gym :/.
I think the one thing that really gets me is that I have no schedual or routine. Hopefully when my new job starts in november I will have the basis down for the new lifestyle.. with a proper menu and workout routine.
Some days I wake up at 3 oclock in the afternoon, so I automatically miss breakfast and lunch, and I usually don't eat anything untill around 5-6 if there is anything, I usually eat late at night. When I am out or what ever.. Like right now I haven't eaten anything yet today. I should probably go shove some tuna down my throat. mmm.
I would like to set a goal of 3lbs per week I know it is high, but I think I could do it that is 156lbs in a year.. I don't think I need to lose that much, since I will gain some in muslce mass but none the less.. will lose it quicker. Some times it is really frustrating because all of my friends are fit, and kind of the odd one out.

I also will have a hard time this year, because we have a tradition of watching our home hockey team ( canucks ) at a bar, and eating pizza or cheese fries etc... and beer which obviously would kill everything I am going for. I guess I will just drink water lol.

I looked at your pictures, and I am not sure why you are upset
I think I will put on some clothes and stand in front of something ( not sure what yet ) and take a picture of now, then do that every 1 month of the diet, and wear the same clothes to see the progress... could be interesting.

Ah well thanks for listening
Old 09-30-2003, 02:41 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello again

Hey again-

I have a suggestion for your traditional game gathering. If you're really serious about cutting back on everything including beer.... why don't you designate yourself as everyones driver. Be alcohol free on those nights. Or a couple nights. (Is this a one time event or more?)
The pizza can be ok if you don't over due it. You gotta give yourself something you like. So maybe a suggestion would be to stick with the healthy eating and wait for that event to have an "anything goes" night. That way you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of the foods you love. Just don't go crazy and eat an entire pizza yourself!!. And you could always "share" those cheese fries.
About your schedule... it does seem a little sporatic (if that's the word I wanna use..) but all you really need to do until you get some kind of schedule is just watch your portions. And keep up with your workouts. You'll still see results no matter what your schedule is. But you need to eat breakfast and lunch (no matter what time you get up) at least eat something first thing in the morning (afternoon ) to get your body going. That is one of my goals this month. Get myself to eating breakfast every morning. Since I started going back to school... I get up early... and my brain needs something!! And it is hard, but it will get easier. (I've just started so I'm still struggling myself.)
I like your idea of a photo once a month with the same clothes. It's a good one. And then you could see the progress your making.
3lbs. a week? I've heard of people losing a lot a week. I myself have never been that kind of person. My fiance works out to gain muscle mass, but he does a "diet" before to lose fat. Men tend to lose more than women.... what's up with that??? Plus, my metabolism has slowed down since I've turned 30.... also-"what's up with that?!"

Well here I am rambling on and on. I hope you ate something beside tuna. Try and give tuna a break for awhile. Hide it in the back of the cubboards!!
Take care and anytime you need to chat....just start typing away!!

Marti
Old 09-30-2003, 06:50 AM   #35  

that is a good idea, but there is 82 games a year lol, plus the playoffs... so I might just have to give it up maybe a beer or two, won't kill me and just say I ate before the game... which I will.

As for schedule yeah starting in november I should have more of a firm schedule. So I will work towards having everything fine tuned for then.

The tuna wasn't bad i put it on bread instead of wrap today... but I bought so damn much of it! like 40 cans or so. I think I shall buy a scale today as well.. just to see if I am actually losing weight.

I over did my workout today because I couldn't even finish it.. I was about to fall over and pass out, i was very faint and eyes started to go blurry so i stopped... now I think I will sleep it is almost 4 am

G'night
Old 09-30-2003, 07:47 PM   #36  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation brown is better!

frodo, I was just glancing through the thread and saw some questions about white rice, brown rice. Well, the main difference is nutrition. So much of the vitamins and minerals are thrown away when the rice is polished. All rice (basmati may be an exception) is brown. That's the outer covering. But people thought it looks prettier when the rice is white (just like wheat) and so they started grinding off the outer covering (the grinding is called polishing). But so much of the vitamins are ground away as well, along with the fiber.
So, it's just silly to lose all that nutittion.

Now, another thing that is being realized is that, due to the natural fiber having been taken away, the white rice (and flour) causes a sharp increase in your blood sugar levels and then a sharp increase in insulin (which is trying to regulate the blood sugar levels). This is why they're rating foods with the glycemic index. The higher the number the faster it causes your blood sugar levels to jump up (not a good thing, because later they crash). And when the blood has lots of insulin coursing through it it makes things easier to be turned into fat. That's why, cutting down on anything with high glycemic indexes (sugar, fruit juices, alcohol, white rice, white flour) makes it harder to get fat.

People are getting fat mostly because of the highly processed foods they're eating. So, it's always best to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. Our food has changed due to big business, processing. Our bodies have NOT changed. Get back to the natural state as much as possible.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Closed Thread