3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias -- #348 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31603-steel-magnolias-348-a.html)

Jean 09-07-2003 12:16 AM

Steel Magnolias -- #348

Good Evening, Flowers!
I'm just stopping in to say "good night!" We spent the day at the lake with MIL, two grandchildren, and their parents. After following Ian around all day, I am tired! :yawn:

Maggie -- Thanks for the points breakdown. I would love to see your village when you have it completed. Are you following a pattern or just creating as you go along? I'll bet you could start your own glass business . . . I don't think I would have the patience to do that. :dizzy:

I am going to bed! Have a relaxing Sunday and do something nice for yourselves. ;)

Jean -- :yawn: in Iowa!

Maggie 09-07-2003 05:25 PM

Sunny Sunday

It's is a beautiful 83 degree day in the high Sierras this day and I love it. Went out to eat after church services and stayed within my points allotment. I do hope the Iron Monster smiles kindly up at me.

JEAN I bought a pattern booklet for the village and I copy the pages and then cut out the pattern pieces and then cut my glass and build it from there. I got the first booklet of a set of two and now find out that the second book is no longer in print. It had things like the train station, barn and things of that nature. So If I want to build those things I will have to make up my own patterns, which I do believe I can do. That would just mean adding another phase to my routine. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone making pattern books anymore for little glass houses. I will take a picture when it is all done and probably take pictures of the individual buildings. I am going to start a second set when I get this one done.

Jean 09-07-2003 10:54 PM

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is a warm 75 degrees here tonight. I'm sure we will have a full day of school tomorrow but I would love to get out early.

I did get my laundry finished and should vacuum before I call it a day. Then again, maybe the fur fuzzies can wait one more day. :o

Maggie -- I have never tried it but others have said that they find books, etc., on www.half.com or maybe even Ebay. You are so creative that I'm sure you can come up with lots of ideas on your own. Would it be any easier to make two of every building at the same time? When Beth was little, I worked evenings in a sewing/craft department of a local store. We could make things to display for no cost and then have them afterwards. I made a Quiet Book for Beth and wished many times that I had made two of them. I used all fabric and interfaced everything rather than using any felt pieces; I embroidered all of the writing rather than use markers. The idea behind it was so that it could be washed. We took it on vacation that summer and left it in the car -- the crayons melted so there is one multi-colored page! :rolleyes:

Well, Flowers, it is time to shut down and catch the news. I hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

Maggie 09-07-2003 11:35 PM

JEAN you will be glad that you stop and do chat with friends one day for time just passes so quickly. Enjoy the moment. Thanks for the search suggestion for that book but I have been there and they can't help. It is a soft book with few pages and when one buys this kind of book it is most often used or put in a pattern collection box. I have inquired at all the "glass" places I can think of and none have a copy. You might say that I went on a "quest" and came up empty.

gma22 09-08-2003 08:56 AM

Good Monday morning to the garden! Hope everyone is doing well!

Bubs: tennis? Wow, that's great. I could never get the hang of the game and now even if I were at a proper weight I have shot my knees and ankles all to you know what with this weight. Maybe doggie needs obedience school! :lol:

Maggie: I am proud of your diligence in trying to find what works exactly right for you. It can be so frustrating at times, but looks like you have a handle on it. Sounds like your village is really coming along and I bet it is just gorgeous!

Jean: Boy do I know what you mean about following the grandson around! It doesn't get better when they are older as they get faster! :lol: I went out to lunch on Friday with dd and Thomas and that child has a steel trap mind! I took him about 3 months ago to the carousel in the mall and he wanted to ride on the top and I begged off saying I had on the wrong kind of shoes that we would do it next time. We were in the mall on Friday and he told his mom when she asked him if he wanted to ride it, "Yes, with Nonny on the top like she said she would." UGH! I guess he belted some little kid at school on Tues and came home and told his mom about it. His mom chastised him, but on Friday out of the blue he tells her the whole story and come to find out, this other little brat that I guess was kicking and hitting all the other kid including T whalloped him first. None of the other kids retaliated, but of course my little slugger did! I guess the teachers didn't even see it.

Well, this is NOT getting on the gilder. Swimming is over for the year. The pool is open this week still but the water and air are too chilly to keep going so it is glider and walking. Gotta get in shape for the 5K anyway!

Faye

Jean 09-09-2003 12:47 AM

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am on my way to bed but wanted to say "hello" and "good night" here first. It was another nice day today; we are so dry that the leaves are turning brown in such weird groupings. Supposedly the Farmer's Almanac says we will have a cold, wet winter. We'll see.

"Gma" -- When Jason was little he had a cousin who was a biter and DH told him that the next time the kid bit him, to bite him back. Jason did just that and Lance never did it again. I hate it when kids are such bullies and especially so when it's boys picking on girls. At least T told about it before his mom found out from someone else. I'd say the kid got what he deserved. So how was the carousel ride? ;)

We have any early staff meeting tomorrow preceded by a birthday breakfast so I will be out the door by 7. Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

gma22 09-09-2003 09:25 AM

Jean: I guess Kelly said that when she picked up Thomas on Friday the teachers were talking with the mom about this kid and that it was unacceptable for him to be kicking and hitting other children and to please communicate that to her son. Her response, which tells why the kid does it, "Don't all three year olds do it? What's the harm, he'll grow out of it!" UGH! These new permissive parental things are so darn STUPID! Kelly started out that way and found out THEY DON'T WORK and had to change her tune.

Ladies, I entered a poetry contest and thought I would post my entry. You could write about anything you wanted and in any style as long as it was no longer than 20 lines. Guess what I chose as a topic? I take all criticism and vow that if it is indeed terrible to lay down the Bard's pen never to pick it up again! :lol:
(hope you at least get a little chuckle!)

Blissful Ignorance

This fat on me is like an armor coat,
It smothers me exactly like a hug,
Surrounding me just like a castle moat,
And choking me just like a grave fresh dug.

Oh not to have these rolls and rolls of mass,
And freedom from constraints it holds on me,
If ever to be thin of breast and ***,
Would certainly provide for me much glee.

But only now the truth to me has come,
To rid myself of such a glob as this,
Means exercise and food reduced by some,
To **** with that I'll just die in fat bliss!

Have a great day!

Faye

Jean 09-10-2003 12:35 AM

:yawn: Just stopping in to say "good night." It's been a long day since I got up at 5.

"Gma" -- I've never been able to write poetry of any sort! I'm taking a class and struggle with the daily journaling we are supposed to do. When I taught Kdg. I had a mother bring her child on the first day and tell me that she couldn't do a thing with him. I never had any trouble with him. I did have a biter and that was a challenge however!

I am off to bed! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean 09-10-2003 05:53 PM

Just checking in to say "hello." It's very humid here today although only 80 degrees. I turned the air on when I got home; I was hot and sticky all day at school and decided I was going to be "cool" this evening.

I have my first bell choir meeting tonight. We're going to polish bells and discuss the year's agenda. Last year they talked about buying blazers to wear when we play. I personally think they will be hot but what do I know?! :shrug:

Sounds like Maggie will be MIA for awhile.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening and a terrific Thursday!

Jean 09-11-2003 05:56 PM

Where is everyone? I know Maggie is having computer problems but it is sure lonely in the flower patch!

It is raining here today and the temperature has dropped 20 degrees from yesterday. I love it! The leaves are starting to turn colors; I doubt they will be very pretty since it has been so dry this year.

Not much newsy from here but I wanted to keep the thread visible.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- :dance: in the :rain: in Iowa!

Maggie 09-13-2003 04:47 PM

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

The Fed-X man picked up my tower yesterday and I should have it back within two weeks. He said that HP is very quick with their getting towers back to customers. Traffic was not so heavy on the internet today so I was able to get here on this little lap-top rather quickly which totally surprised me.

I started walking today! Yep, me ~ exercise. I only did a 5 minute clip this morning and will do another 5 this evening. Got to go slowly with this ya see.

JEAN isn't that the way of it ~ those trees need lots of moistue to make those leaves turn those vibrant colors of fall.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Jean 09-13-2003 10:21 PM

Good Evening, Flowers!
Just got home from visiting our kids and grandkids. We intended to make it a fast trip but that never seems to happen. I wanted to do some shopping and then we stopped to eat a late supper.

I'm doing laundry and need to iron something to wear to church tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 60s so it is cooling down quite rapidly.

Maggie -- What a nice surprise to see you! :yes: Congratulations on the walking! I know you've been waiting a long time to do that. :cp:

Have a super Sunday, Flowers! We will be going to visit MIL after church.

Jean -- :dance: in Iowa!

Jean 09-15-2003 11:40 PM

Just bringing the thread back up.

It is quiet around here! Not much newsy from my corner of the world either.

Jean -- :shrug: in Iowa!

gma22 09-16-2003 07:50 AM

Maggie: How great for you. When I started walking I did it until I felt like I was getting winded or until I felt in pain, not achy like when you exercise, but pain like an ankle or knee is taking too much. You keep at it and soon you will be walking a lot. I am up to 3 miles now.

Jean: Oooh your bell choir. Wish I could even hear practices!

As for me, we took Thomas to the ice show and came back about $60 lighter in the pocket, but of course, I can't say no. He got a figurine, a t shirt and a hat. We had a spectacular time even though I had to blow my stack when our tickets were behind the sound system and they tried to move us clear to the other end in the middle of the row. I pitched a fit because I bought aisle seats and aisle seats we were going to get and not hav a blocked view! We got them and had terrific seats. Kelly says Thomas never participates when they ask kids to clap or sing or whatever unless they kind of egg him on, but he sure did all by himself. He was supposed to scream everytime he saw the bad monster Randall and he yelled his little heart out. It was so cute. We took 75! pictures and only one with T because our batteries konked out in the digital.

Jack is now dieting too. He is even measuring which is really rare. He has cut out lunch and is taking slimfast instead and a meal replacement bar for a snack instead of cookies etc. He had ground sirloin burgers for dinner last night and measures out his cereal and stuff in the morning. We are just going to be one good looking couple at that wedding! (BTW ds finally gave her the ring last Friday night so now I can blab to everyone!)

Well, need to dress and get outside and get my walk in. Tonight is chicken and noodles night and I am going to try and chill the broth and skim off the fat and see if it still has a good flavor.

Faye

Jean 09-16-2003 10:42 PM

Good Evening, Flowers!
Our humidity has returned and it was a bit warm at school today -- 85 degrees and 70%. The roofers were doing something that sounded like they were dropping machinery on the roof and then dragging it around. There was a sewer pipe backup (?) of some sort in the cafeteria so that smell filtered through the hallways just before school was out for the day.

I/we are going to Omaha on Thursday. DH is having laser eye surgery and I am elected to drive home afterwards. I don't know Omaha at all and am in hopes we will be out of there before the 5:00 traffic. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive from here; he goes all back roads, over hill and dale. I, on the other hand, will probably stick to the interstate and roads that I'm familiar with.

"Gma" -- I can hardly wait to take our grandchildren to the ice shows! I don't blame you for pitching a fit about your seats! I would have been upset too. You are lucky to have Jack working on losing weight with you; that makes life easier for sure. When and where is the wedding?

I need to figure out what to wear for tomorrow; it's supposed to be in the 80s again. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!