3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I am going to lose one pound this week. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31521-i-am-going-lose-one-pound-week.html)

Aquareggie 09-05-2003 06:08 PM

I am going to lose one pound this week.

Just you try and stop me. :lol:

Seriously, I've been back to 3FC for two weeks, and haven't lost yet. :( It's not because it's taking my body a while, or because it's TOM, or because of any excuse I can think of (cuz I've tried real hard to think of some :devil: ). It's because I haven't changed my eating at all!!!

Every day I say I'll start tomorrow. Well, I'm starting today.

That middle number in my sig is going to read 179 next Friday. :D

Anybody else in a slump and want to try to lose just one pound this week?

WE CAN DO IT!!!

AR

anagram 09-05-2003 10:26 PM

If I lose a whole pound in a week, it's a great week. But I've recently recommitted to being as healthy as I can be so I'm game for trying for a whole pound. At weigh in yesterday I was at 209.8. So I'll see what I can do by next Friday. No excuses.

DewCan 09-06-2003 12:33 AM

Hi
My goal is to lose 1 pound a week until Feb 2005 :dizzy: That's when I'm going on vacation. My husband says if I do it he'll take me out :D I lost a pound this week, my goal was 1.5, but I'm happy with the loss. Slow and steady wins the race ;)
Diana :wave:

216(9months pregnant :bb: )/197.5/147

Aquareggie 09-06-2003 10:02 AM

It's good you have you both along. :D I do some holiday challenges on 3fc, but I just can't stay motivated for more than two days.

Yes, I think it would be easier to maintain eventually if we all just ate better and exercised more, without looking at the scale. But for me, I need that extra motivation.

I had a good night last night. Usually, if I eat junk food earlier in the day, I say to heck with the whole day. But I regained control and stayed under 1500 calories. :) That's what we're going to have to do in the long run, right? Be able to splurge sometimes, but then regain control.

Have a good day, everyone!

AR

Sandybrat 09-06-2003 05:40 PM

I'll join you ladies.... i can commit to a lb a week. Maybe once this becomes a habit i can up it to 2 lbs a week...lol I need to make better choices about my eating as well. I think i am going to start a food journal... NO, I AM STARTING A FOOD JOURNAL. Today!
Maybe i can find my hot spots and figure out a way to do better.

Sandy:flow1: :dance:

ladaha 09-06-2003 07:21 PM

Hey I am in! I have been trying for 3 weeks. I lost 8lbs the first two weeks and nothing last week. :stress: What are you all doing for excersize?:strong: I am run/walking.

Good luck to you all and I will check back next week!
bye :wave:
Ladaha

Aquareggie 09-07-2003 09:38 AM

Welcome Sandy and Ladaha. :)

Sandy, I used to be able to lose 2 lbs a week... that's my eventual goal, too. :D But I haven't lost for a long time, so I'm just going to go for one this week. Good luck to you!

Ladaha, hi there! Hmm, exercise... I'm doing weights and sit-ups every other day, trying to walk every day. I am at one mile now and plan to add a mile every week until I'm at four (that would be about an hour's exercise).

OK, only five days until I weigh in...

AR

Kehush 09-07-2003 04:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

Mind if I join in? I was doing well with my losses until approximately 3 weeks ago, and now Im stuck. I bounce back and forth from 179 to 180. Im stuck more often at 180. Ive added more exercise and cant cut anymore food, I dont think. I have never kept a food journal before. Lots of women here discuss them. I suppose it would be worth my effort to keep one? Maybe I am eating more than I should, or possibly things I shouldnt, that Im not considering? I would truly love to be back loosing, and 1 lb a week would be awesome. I will go tomorrow morning and pick up a journal and begin writing everything down. Thats a good place to start. Thanks!

Talk to you all later!

JoyfulConnie 09-07-2003 04:22 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm jumping on the bandwagon to lose a pound a week!!! I'll weigh in tomorrow a.m. and post in my signature!

And for those who want to start a journal and record their food, and other things like weight and exercise..... may I recommend www.fitday.com!

And Kevin..... if you're female, you're the second girl I've known named Kevin.... went to business college a zillion years ago with a girl named Kevin.....

Kehush 09-07-2003 04:40 PM

Hi JoyfulConnie,

Yep, Im female. My dad's strange sense of humor I guess. Ive never met another female with the name before. My name is Kevin Michelle. But everyone refers to it as "Kevin Michael". They think Michelle is just a strange way of spelling Michael. Cool name though. I cant imagine having any anything else, fits me to well now.:)

I tried fitday once. I was too confused and never went back. Maybe I should give it another try. It was when I first started and really didnt have a clue what I was doing. Think Im gonna trying pencilling it for awhile though, and see how I do. Thanks!

Have a great day!

DewCan 09-08-2003 05:25 PM

Hi All
I'm nervous for my weigh in on Friday. I haven't eaten well this week, but I have exericsed. I hope the one pound will be gone, never to be seen again. ;)
Diana

anagram 09-09-2003 03:36 AM

If all my days were like yesterday, I'd have no trouble reaching my pound for this week. However.......each day is a new challenge and I'm hoping to string together a few good ones in a row and reach that magic "ONE".

Having trouble sleeping (rare for me) and lack of sleep will probably be another factor to deal with today.

I managed to lose 40 lbs since last year but have just been hovering around that 210 mark for several months now. NEED to get that downward slide moving again.

Aquareggie 09-09-2003 08:42 AM

Hi Kevin! Hi Connie!

Yes, Kevin, food journals help a lot. Sometimes I forget I had that half-glass of soda, or two helpings of something instead of one. That's why counting calories and "banking" them (or points for WW folks) helps keep people on track. :D

Anagram, I'm with you on the each day being new. It's hard to mess up and then have to get back on track.

OK, Sunday was a pretty good food day. Yesterday was bad. I think I ate because of stress. Never thought I did that, but looking back, I was a little tense, and I remember feeling relieved when I ate some cookies. Also, I ate out for lunch -- in the middle of a stressful day. Eating out is like an oasis from everyday life. Hmm, no wonder it's addictive?? ;)

My motto for today:
I WILL NOT EAT OUT FOR LUNCH!
:D

Everybody have a good one.

AR

ladaha 09-11-2003 10:10 AM

I lost 1 lb this week. I am not sure if it was due to the fact that I really lost weight ;) or if it is because I bought a scale and now weigh in the am w/ no clothes before I eat breakfast! lol:lol:

:grouphug:

ladaha :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Aquareggie 09-11-2003 06:23 PM

Yay!!!!!!! :D

Successful person!!!!!!! :)

OK, one more day, one more day... I actually felt like getting take out for lunch, BUT I REMEMBERED ALL OF YOU and I ate frozen food instead. :) Something sensible for dinner, and then weigh-in tomorrow...
:)

AR