Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:47 PM   #46  

Hi! I'm back,

I feel as though I've been away forever. My computer had to be de formatted??? I think that's what the guy said.

Anyway, I get 4 points for today i.e. Monday. But yesterday was DISASTER. We were supposed to go for lunch to my mum's house - I had planned to go off the programme for 1 meal in a controlled fashion. But once I started I couldn't stop. I ingested every bloody morsel in sight.... and carried on stuffing my face till midnight, then took a digestive pill and went to bed! The worst thing about this EATATHON was that I didn't even particularly like half the things I ate. Why do I do this? why? why?

Faye I'd like to join the challenge for a week. The reason I can't do the 2 weeks is that we are going to be travelling next weekend. We leave next Saturday night, (so I'm part of it till then) and we come back Tuesday morning. We're going to visit a temple in the hills. We will have to climb uphill for about 20 km.- there is no car road, it's actually pretty fantastic.It's a very famous pilgrimage in India - must sound strange to you, but I have a lot of faith. Enough so as to be able to undertake the trek with my back.

Amanda talking of pizzas reminds me there is this doctor in Delhi who puts poeple on high carb diets - 1 week you eat pizzas, the next burgers and so on. I know a lot of poeple who have lost weight on his diet. Being a total carb freak, I was tempted to join him but then better sense prevailed.

Julia I'm so glad you've started the journal. It does help. Yesterday, of course, I made no entries in mine.

So ladies, we march onwards towards our goal, best of luck to all for the next 2 weeks.

Good night

Ritu
Old 09-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #47  

Hello All,

Ritu--Anyone who plans to walk 20km should have a few extra clories I think. At least they'll cancel each other out. Good luck and have a good time

Debbie sorry to heare about the flu. I don't know of anything more yucky. Feel better soon.

Everyone else Congradulations!!

I would love tove be wit you on your challenge. I make it today by the tinest bit. I drank my water, I exercised and I ate o.k. have been in a bad mood all day.

good luck to everyone and have a nice evening

Debbie-Lee
Old 09-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #48  

Ritu: I wondered where you were. We missed you. I think he probably RE-formatted your hard drive which means basically reloading everything over. YIKES! Glad everything is ok. Can you stay on program for 10 out of the next 14 days including today , which you said you were op. I don't count the weekends because some of the ladies ask that I don't. IF you can't try the challenge anyway and do the best you can. I know you can do this. I know you had a little stumble, but it is over with and you can just go on from here! We all have bad days, but NO one should feel bad when it happens, it just happens. Now, since your time is so very different, I get confused and you usually don't get your points credited properly, so every day when you post, give me your points for the day not one behind as with everyone else. Like you said you had 4 for Monday so YOU GET A: for points. You will be the only one I do for a current day since you are at night when we are in the day sort of. I want you to do this, so I want you to try your best with the challenge!

DebbieL: Ok, no grumpies here! I can understand a bad mood, but you can come here and be sure and get cheered up! You are doing a great job with your program. Of course you are going to join us on the challenge! You are going to do great with it too and just watch those lbs fall off!

My sweet adorable Jack said to me just out of the blue tonight, "Do you know how proud I am of you?" The man is and will always be a sailor though as his way of gauging my weight loss is how far up between my legs he can see now! Thank God for him as he keeps me up even when I want to be down. It's nice to have a man still think you are sexy at over 300 lbs though! I got in my 3 glider sessions and did about 15 minutes resistance training on my arms since they don't get the exercise they did when I was in the pool every day. I am going to try and do some upper body stuff with a RS tape when my dh finds the darn cable to the VCR! I wanted to walk tomorrow but need to clean the upstairs so will leave that for Wed.

TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES WHO HONOR ME WITH BEING MY FRIEND AND HELPING ME STAY THE COURSE, I TOAST YOU! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL!

Faye
Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #49  

Good Morning Ladies!

Wow, everyone is so up these days! I LOVE IT!! I got all 4 points yesterday, even went a little low on my calories. I made a spinach/artichoke/hamburger lasagne for the family. I wasn't going to eat any, but it smelled soooo good. So, I just ate it without the noodles. And guess what? I didn't even miss the noodles, not at all. That just made my night!

I had dance class last night, so exercise was guaranteed......and I had loads of water.

Pam......WOO HOO on your fantastic loss!!

Ritu...stick with us on the challenge, and I'll bet you'll find some creative ways to get all your points. Even if you don't, you have 4 free days in 2 weeks. Or, just do what you can.....every little bit helps. I hope you have a wonderful pilgrimage! It sounds like a great experience.

Faye.....Jack sounds like a real doll! My James is incredibly supportive and loving too. The hunger pangs are subsiding, so hopefully the pounds will too. Todays an upper body weights day, so I'll be sore tomorrow. Sounds like you're gonna wear that glider out pretty soon

Everyone have a spectacular day! In the immortal words of Red Green "Remember, we're all in this together.....keep your stick on the ice!"

Julie
Old 09-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #50  

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday. Look at your body. See what you would like to "fix" and this week start working to repair the damage fat has done to it be it your legs, hips, arms, whatever. Take care of your skin NOW or believe me it won't take care of you.

Julie: YOU GET A: for points! You are doing great keep it up. My glider is already squeaking telling me to get my fat self off it, but I just ignore it and keep walking that walk!

I wanted to sleep until 8 but as usual the animals drive me nuts so I am up and at em and am going to start the upstairs I guess. It doesn't take long to get it done except it is change out the litter day...UGH!

Talk to you ladies later this morning

Faye
Old 09-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #51  

Angry

Good morning Ladies....How is everyone this mornig?...I had a really great day yesterday..I stayed on my program,walked 3 miles and drank water,water,water ...Faye,clothes do smell so wonderful from the outside line...I love it...Pam...YOU GO GIRL,I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! we are all gonna do this ,as we are all worth it!...I really love this site...as it has a lot going on,thank you again Pam,for inviting me here..I am taping Denise Austin's morning workouts now...she is on for an hour every morning,with 2 different sessions,and what I love most about hers is that they are simple,but very effective..it is different everyday,so I tape them and use them at different times..I am also making my best friend a set also...we are going to meet at the gym this Saturday for an early morning workout,and then take the kids to the indoor pool,as we are going to also include a water workout...we take our lunch also,as they have a dining area..so we make a day out...lot's of fun...well ,I'm off to get it going..."EVERYONE STAY STRONG AND MOTIVATED,AND DO SOMETHING REALLY NICE FOR YOURSELF TODAY,BECAUSE WE ARE ALL WORTH IT!!!...BIG HUGS TO ALL... JOY
Old 09-09-2003, 08:58 AM   #52  

Joy: YOU GET A: for points! You are doing a great job!

I forgot to tell you guys I entered this poetry contest. It could be any style or about anything, but could not be longer than 20 lines. I figured to make it personal so I am posting it, but I wanted it kind of humorous and this is not how I see things anymore! I promise to take all critiques to heart if it is awful and set aside my efforts at poetry forever!
(I secretly hope you get a little giggle anyway!)

Blissful Ignorance

This fat on me is like an armor coat,
It smothers me exactly like a hug,
Surrounding me just like a castle moat,
And choking me just like a grave fresh dug.

Oh not to have these rolls and rolls of mass,
And freedom from constraints it holds on me,
If ever to be thin of breast and ***,
Would certainly provide for me much glee.

But only now the truth to me has come,
To rid myself of such a glob as this,
Means exercise and food reduced by some,
To **** with that I'll just die in fat bliss!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:18 AM   #53  

Morning Chickiepoos!

Hope everyone is well.

Pts for yesterday: 1pt for water, 1 pt for exercise and 2 program pts.

Faye, loved the poem, and it was the truth

Joy, You are sooooo welcome, I love having you here with us, aren't these girls fantastic? Take care of yourself today, you are doing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Mirabelly, your dinner sounded yummy!!

Well got errands to run with my mom, see you girls later.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #54  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Lovelies!! I Loved the poem Faye... good work!! I stayed on program and drank my h2o yesterday but no exercise again... but.. that changes as of today! Sawyer,
my youngest starts school today!! Yippie!!!!!!!! So i am planning a long bike ride... i think its 3 or 3 1/2 miles but its a nice ride. And i wont have to worry about whos not keeping up... hahaha!! Faye, your hubby sounds so wonderful... what a good soul...
I asked my hubby today if he noticed and difference in me lately(of course i "had" to ask) lol but he said yes... I told hiom that between you wonderful lasies here on 3fc and the flylady i am becoming a better me. I am not so nitpicky, and i have come to realize that things done are a blessing. Whether they are the way i would do them or not... they are done and its a blessing to our home. Well, i need to hop in the shower so i can see my baby off on the school bus.... he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! and i am so happy for him. May your day be filled with sunshine and laughter. Your hearts with joy and your soul with gladness... take care of U! U are a great bunch of ladies that i am honored to consider as friends...

Sandy
Old 09-09-2003, 11:53 AM   #55  

Sandy B: YOU GET A: for points! Now that the little one is in school, you can go all out for your exercise too! Good job!

Faye
Old 09-09-2003, 01:17 PM   #56  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi shrinking ladies!

Yesterday, I got 2 points for food, 1 point for water but nil points for exercise.

The dreaded PMS monster has taken hold of me I'm afraid - I am so full of water and I feel huge! I went out yesterday and all my clothes felt tight and uncomfortable (where recently they had been getting looser) - I just felt awful. I started to feel overwhelmed by the amount of weight that I want to lose and felt quite low. But I told myself that these feelings are just down to PMS,I am doing something to lose weight and that I have successfully lost 8lb. I also need to just focus on our target to lose 30lb by Dec 31st, rather than worry about the rest of the weight. I haven't turned to food as a comfort anyway - PMS used to be a really bad time for me food wise, but I don't want to undo what I have achieved so far.

Anyway, sorry about the rant - I suppose it is positive in a way:- 'I feel miserable and a bit overwhelmed, but I have not gone off programme!'

I'm going to get on my exercise bike now!

Amanda xx
Old 09-09-2003, 01:34 PM   #57  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK! LOL And boy did I miss you guys. This is the first time I've looked in in a little over a week and boy did I miss alot. Quickly, before I forget, ritu and mirabelly, perhaps you guys should try www.fitday.com for your calorie tracking. I log everything there, including exercise and diet for the day. You can make neat little charts and such too. It's pretty handy.

OK, but a week at the beach with mom and dad went pretty well. The weather left alot to be desired at times as it rained most every day. But usually only at night, unfortunately, it doesn't make for pleasantness when one is camping. I didn't eat god awfully...or snack too much. But I am discouraged as I was 146 before I left and now I'm back to *shudder* 150. Sigh. It's not a happy day.

But I got back on target. On Sunday I spent an hour and a half at the gym with 30 minutes of heart-pumpin' cardio and an hour of weight lifting. Same for Monday (I had off work). I didn't log onto the site until today, so I was unawares of the 2-week challenge. BUT, I think I did OK for yesterday, I just didn't track everything like I should have. Actually scratch that, I just did, and I am OK for yesterday. I was super! 4 points for yesterday!

Those damn chicken salad croissants are back today. I know tonight we are going out to dinner for my mom's birthday, so I am trying to keep calories low. I had egg whites for breakfast 50 cal and then with my half a croissant and cup of chicken salad (plus lettuce and tom)...I'm at a little over 600 now. So hopefully 700 will keep me on track tonight. If we go to the olive garden, not sure what I'll do, as my favorite dish is the Portabello Mushroom ravioli. Now there are only 6 ravoiolis, but that has to be high in calories.

I've read alot about the binging talk from old threads and I've realized that I need to get myself under controlw ith that. But on the same thought, I've noticed I'm becoming a little obsessed with what I eat and etc. That is not good either. It's so hard to strike a balance. I forget who made the statement before about knowing the practice but being unable to apply it.

I also think I nened to start tracking my emotions when I eat. It's weird, as I'll just sit here some days and think about nothing but food. Even as I write this, I'm totally full, but still thinking about food. So frustrating.

Anyway, I'm so glad our thread keeps getting bigger. Welcome to all of our new folks. I'm forwarding my personal info to Faye right after I post, so those who missed it will be up to date.

Hope everyone is doing great today...I'm psyched for the 2 week challenge as I did so well the last time.

I feel your pain Debbie, I don't see much loss either and everyone keeps telling me muscle weighs more than fat. Yeah that's great, LOL, but I'd like to see a loss.

One plus is that a pair of capris I bought at the beginning of summer are loose on me today! Size 13! I was getting to the point where 11/12 were getting tight, now I can fit into those fine and I just bought a pair of 9/10 on vacation.Oooh can't wait for my faux suede pants! HURRAY! I'd like to be at my goal by the time I leave for Ireland on 11/10. So that's 18 pounds to lose (that may be adjusted). That's 2lbs. a week.

The reason I may adjust my goal wieght is b/c I'm a little concerned about my chest! I used to be a full C cup, small D...now I'm filling in B cups! SIGH! That is not what i wanted at all. I think I may be one of those women who needs "a little meat on her bones". So I'm gonna try to just see how it goes and maybe stop at 135 instead of 130. I also have to work against that pain in the butt...birth control! GRRR

OK, I"m off now, for real. Talk to you girls later!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #58  

MISSY YOU'RE BACK! WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. LIFE AND DRAMA HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE YOU WENT ON VACATION!!!!!!!!

Missy: YOU GET A: for points! You will get those pounds back off in NO TIME at all! As for the boobs, ask your trainer person some exercises to build them up! Sorry, I would definitely give you some of mine if it were possible. I was a 48 DD and am now a 46D hoping to get into that C range possibly! I would love to give you a great big hug, getting into smaller clothes! That is WONDERFUL!

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points!

Well, just wanted to check and see if I needed to issue smileys.

Faye
Old 09-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #59  
The ever shrinking woman!

*waves to everyone!*

wanted to pop in real quick from work and say hi to everyone! Haven't done it in a while

keep up the good work ladies! you are all doing so well

how is everyone ?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:18 PM   #60  
I Can and I Will

Default I DID IT!!

Well... i just did my bike ride... i thought i was gonna die... lol slowly but surely i will get better and for now.. i started! h2o will be NO problem today...lol I think iwill try that fitday and see how i am doing calorie wise... i hope eveyone is Fabulicious and will check back this evening....

Sandy
Closed Thread