Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #46  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

#whatiswrongwithyoubody

Ok that was my rant
WI up again 163.6 so this is a gain of a lb since my recommencement on Sunday, I have been eating op (with the small variable last night but not enough to cause this!)
WO cardio/strength combo this am 33 minutes. I am just frustrated I have not seen these numbers since last February. I am still drinking a lot of water I allow myself 2 cups of black coffee with a little steiva, and everything else is low carb, I am watching my sodium in the way of cheese in moderation. Have given up all adult beverages which was a pretty big thing as has always been in my culture

Thoughts or insights?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Hang in there. Keep working your plan. You will see a drop soon.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30
Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I've had a good week of eating on plan, and I did a lot of walking on Sunday. But the rest of the week, I just didn't get enough sleep, so I'm really feeling it today. My plan is to get back to going to bed early enough to get my 7 hours and start walking every day again. My right foot is still giving me trouble, but I'm finally able to wear shoes with a back. I'm excited about that, but I don't want to overdo it. Can't wait to try out my walking shoes tomorrow.

nancy What Diana said! You just keep going and you will see results. You are doing all the right things!

kelijpa You are amazing! I might just try out planks and feel time slow down.

Gettinfit, grannynancy, Diana Hi!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 190/188/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! I'm not sure how to reply specifically to each of your posts. I appreciate your welcomes and hellos.

I used to be on WW but they cancelled our meetings. Just started Nutrisystem. It has been 6 days and I'm sending food back and cancelling. The food is hit and miss. Some is quite good, others I can barely stomach. Plus, I miss cooking. So back the food goes.

Kelijpa, we may start a TOPS chapter here. I really miss getting together with people that also struggle with food issues. It is this constant battle and can be exhausting. Having others battle along side you is very important and essential. I didn't begin to lose weight until I joined a group.

As I read your check ins, I relate to you guys and I'm proud of you guys. Keep on keepin on!

Last edited by jem71; 10-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 AM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Magistra I have been trying to get to bed earlier, too. Not always successful, thought. But I can feel the difference, when I do.

jem71 Cooking and preparing foods may be best, for the long run. You can also sub a frozen dinner with added veggies or a shake if you need something lower calorie on occasion. Good luck!

I am in need of a weekend! What about you?

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 185.2
No Change <--Getting up earlier than normal, without going to bed earlier

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 6

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Kip was amazed at how easily he took the stairs. When his kids had begged him to climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty with them, he had squirmed. He remembered what a labor it had been when he was fat. He knew that he never would have made it before. Instead of a painful trauma, he found the climb a relative breeze. Thank God he had been able to lose the weight. It was the best move he ever made. It had been tough, but Kip had relied heavily on God to help him out. While he had been dieting, he had needed God's strength. Now that he was thin, God let him use his own strength once again.

Today's thought: Food gives us temporary strength. God gives us strength forever!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #51  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi, all! I'm jumping back in. I was on vacation--a foodie vacation --and now am back in the real world. I expected to gain on vacation, and I did. My low in Sept was 140.0, and today I'm just over two pounds above that, at 142.2. The day I left for vacation, I was at 141, so if we use that number, it was an even smaller gain. Although indulging in special foods was fun and worth it for me, I'm ready to get back to my healthier way of moderation and macros that help me feel my best. I think I ate more grams of carbs on my 1 week vacation than I'd eaten in the entire month beforehand!

I'll read through the thread to catch up. I don't know if I'll write personals today though. So I want to say now that it's really good to see you ladies!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 10-06-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #52  

I did have cake, but I think I stayed within the calorie range for weight loss, since I kept it light the rest of the day.

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: roast chicken, blueberries
Snack: coffee with half and half
Dinner: homemade chicken gyro, small piece of chocolate cake
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning

236.4. Bounce up for real. Funny how these get to us so much. Then I think "maybe I ate too much yesterday" etc etc all self defeating babble. I ate 1245 calories and walked 4.8 miles/22 floors. That is not too much food or too little exercise and I am steadily losing weight.

Today the plan is 1158 calories....continued lifestyle change and not a diet.
-Breakfast greek yogurt, banana, 4 oz potato and kefir
-Lunch sauteed onions, zucchini, spinach, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella-add banana
-Dinner baked haddock, broccoli and cooked carrots

I am not so keen about the banana but am eating my 4700mg of potassium every day-which is a challenge. I am actually making sure I at least meet the US RDA for everything. Cron-o-meter whips MFPs butt if you don't eat a lot of brand name foods. For today's walk I am going to push a little more for speed. Tonight I go to grocery store to stock back up on veggies and meats for next week.

Nancy. Hang in there. I know the body gets comfortable with routine and more efficient. If you have been doing the same thing or over a month then maybe it is time to shake up a little with some tweak while not violating the premise of your approach. I have not read far enough back but know plateaus have sank me before and even just hanging in there is better than nothing due to rebound weight gain.

Diana. Yep so looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow looks like a good day for yardwork with rainy weather the next several days after

Chunkalunkah. Glad you are back and getting on track

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-06-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #54  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello all and Happy Friday.

Jem: I'm the same way. I do so much better when I meet with a group. That's the thing I like about Weight Watchers. Some of my friends are successful with WW On-line but I need the group. I hope you find a group that works for you.

I've been having a good week. Been eating good and exercising every day except one. I went to WW this morning and was down 3.4 pounds this week I just gotta stay focused and stay OP!

I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #55  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all

WI down just a smidgen but not enough to whittle away this weeks gain. No WO this am I was just plain tired.
Thank you all for the words of encouragement, I needed that to get my head straight

Granny I have been maintaining this weight since last Feb/March and really have seen no consistent downward movement even with exercise. I have tried increasing my carbs or calories at varies points but no success with any combination. So I began a few months ago to introduce some of my forbidden foods i.e. air fried french fries, the occasional slice or two of pizza. I have come to the conclusion my body just can not do processed foods except on rare occasions.

When I do eat processed foods I feel bloated for a day or two but I will continue!

Hope to be back for more personals
Old 10-06-2017, 04:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hey everybody! I hope you are having a great day. I love Fridays because I don't have to work on Friday. It's nice to have some time to plan my menu for the week.

Today I'm trying to think of things I can cook over the weekend and have ready to warm up or grab for brunch or lunch during the week. I saw a recipe for sweet potato and Brussels sprouts hash that I might try out. Soup might be good too.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Nancy: I lost all my weight doing low carb and when I was stuck I increased my fat (fattier ground beef, steak, oil, avocado, etc) while keeping my carbs very low and it worked like a charm. My body does very well with extra fat.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

IdealProteinNewbie HI Good to see you stop by.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
No workout, ran out of time.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning
235.8 New Low

Today works out at 1074 calories but hits the targets. It is a lot of work to keep calories at this level and be balanced and who even knows what is right? targets change all the time.

Big day of yardwork I think. Nancy Hope you get it sorted out for sure.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

grannynancy Congrats on the new low!

Last night I did: A full body stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 185
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 7

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Darren felt bad withdrawing from the group, but he had to. The other three men kept cheating on their diets, and that was no help at all. Each time they gave in to temptation, Darren asked himself why he tried so hard when everyone else quit. Darren needed strength and support, not more temptation. At least on his own he stood a fighting chance. Darren prayed for guidance. Dieting was hard enough without other people making it harder. We need to attach ourselves to those who are serious and committed to losing weight. God will help us have all the strength we need to keep on our diets.

Today's thought: The weight that I've lost, was of minimal cost!
Closed Thread