September 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 19
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • Nancy. 62 YO grandmother on day 40 of Bright Line Eating approach: no sugar*/no flour*/3 meals a day/plan meals in advance. So far down 18lbs but 7 of it was the first week so a very moderate pace and I am seeing the short stalls and whooshes already. The food though is between 1000 and 1200 calories when I do the math.

September 1
    Breakfast:
    8 oz Greek Yogurt, 6 oz Peach, Oatmeal (1oz dry)
    Lunch:
    4 oz Tofu, 10 oz assorted lettuces, 6 oz Apple, Walnut .5oz
    Dinner:
    Thai restaurant: Satay chicken skewer and Sweet Basil Eggplant no rice
    Exercise:
    Walk 30 minutes, hilly terrain

*if they are in a prepared food they must be below the 3rd ingredient in the list
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Nancy Welcome back!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch after my workout at the gym
    This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
    Weigh In: 180.6
    Down: .4

Have a great day, great month, and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 1

2 Corinthians 3:5
    Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.

Muriel knew she couldn't do it alone. She wasn't strong enough. Her friend Ann told her that one of her strengths was realizing she was weak. Too many of her friends tackled diets on their own and failed miserably. Well, Muriel wasn't going to make the same mistake. She wanted help from the outset. If we realize our weaknesses and limitations, then we are better able to cope with them. God will help us be honest with ourselves, so we can work to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Pray to God for that insight.

Today's thought: What I want to eat and what I need to eat are two different things!
  • Good morning everyone

Last night I had dinner out with friends and I ate and drank on plan, but I had a 2.4lb gain this morning. It could be just sodium...I surely didn't eat 6000 extra calories...but it was a shock! My tummy is a little upset too, I think there may have been an ingredient or two that was not ideal for me. I'm okay though, carrying on on-plan. We are going camping this weekend and I've planned my meals and I'm only packing stuff that aligns with my goals, no temptations.

Breakfast: keto bagel & 1 chicken sausage patty (ew, it was gross) + coffee
    Lunch: skipping...we will be driving, I'll have coffee with cream
    Dinner: Jalapeno & cheddar sausages (cooked in the fire) and raw veggies

Weigh in: 256.6 (+2.4)
  • Good morning everyone!

Diana thank you for starting the new thread this month

granny WTG on your loss so far that is amazing

angie I have spiked like that many times for no reason I can find then it takes me 2 or 3 days to get back down to the starting weight so wierd

Today WI same from yesterday 159.6
    WO none just cant seem to get my mojo back this past week. I mean sheesh I went 21 weeks straight and this week....nothing, well one day this week

Still have no real plans for the 3 day weekend but the weather is suppose to be great, I just hate crowded places and I am sure all outdoor places we enjoy going will really be packed....suggestions?
  • Good morning all!
    Happy September- hard to believe it's here already
    171.5 this morning

I'm 54, a lifetime weight watcher currently 25 pounds above goal, currently working the smart points plan. I've done every kind of diet and incorporate what I like from each into my current program. Just trying to develop healthy habits for a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks Diana for the thread, you continue to inspire with your dedication to yourself and us.

Nancy the say if you hike in most places about a half mile it gets significantly less crowded, maybe further since you live in the PNW

I'm currently rocking a bright pink chin, since I decided to start September with some wax strips and less chin hair

Hope everyone has a great day love yourself so fiercely that others know how it should be done
  • Angie, I have had that happen. You would not believe the amount of salt restaurants hide in food. I am so used to not using a lot, I have to ask them to reduce amount if possible.

Diana, Thank you for this thread. It helps me commit to my plan by sharing it.

Nancy, 21 week straights is amazing. I know this is a normal part of weight loss and, hopefully it will clear soon.

Kelijpa, my daughter waxes me and uses some sort of lotion afterwards so that I am never pink or sore. She does have a pot for the wax and special wax ...since she is a massage therapist she works with aestheticians and says the stuff she buys is better. Dunno. She just uses it for herself and her teen daughters. At 62, I can only assure you the chin hair gets wilder.
  • GrannyNancy that must be great to have a massage therapist in the family. I put the oil/lotion on, it usually only looks super pink for a little while I can't wait 'til they get wilder!

Angie those spikes happen, keep working your plan, probably is sodium. Curious was the bagel gross or the chicken sausage?
  • Kelijpa -- The chicken sausage patty was gross...a little flavourless. The keto bagel is pretty good, it's dense, but it's very much like normal bread and it's cheesy too, which is always a good thing.
  • Nancy, around here all the amusement parks and stuff will be packed this weekend, but it's usually not so bad at the museums, provincial parks and conservation areas, maybe you can do some exploring in an area you wouldn't normally?
  • Angie I will look around for something different thank you for the suggestion
    granny I also wax myself and use higher end wax, and you are so right about the chin hairs going wild as we age! I am 59 and get some crazys going on

BTW for those who are pretty new to this thread, I follow a low carb plan so anywhere between 20-30 carbs a day but usually less. I do not eat flour, rice, pasta, rarely fruit and air fried french fires (soo good) My weight loss has been stalled for many many months and I just maintain. But my shape is changing slowly so that is fine

Back later
  • Hello Everybody! Happy September!

It’s been HOT here in Los Angeles and the air quality has been poor. I think the temps are gradually going down. Today's high was 109 degrees. Maybe by the end of this week the heat will have lessened and the air quality will have improved.

I taught my first week of school this week and it went pretty well. I think my change in diet is helping me cope and acclimate better than I ever have. I have more energy than usual after a full day of teaching, which is exciting for me. We’ll see how I feel in a week or two. ha, ha!

For anybody new, my woe is the “Plant Paradox” diet, which is basically a low lectin diet. The main foods that I do “not” eat are wheat, corn, soy, cane sugar, white potatoes, night shade vegetables, peanuts, and cashews, which are all very high in lectins. But I have a long list of foods that I do eat! So, I’m pretty happy. The hard part of my diet is that convenience or processed foods are pretty much out of the picture. I have to do a lot of food prep and cooking, but I’ve gotten used to that.

I went out to an Italian restaurant for the first time in months a few days ago. It was one of those restaurants where they leave the evoo and vinaigrette on the table. I had a big salad with all the right vegetables and prosciutto. I dumped a bunch of extra olive oil on my salad and it was heavenly. I also had a glass of wine with my meal. It was perfect. It felt so good to be able to eat out.

I weighed myself today and I am down .2 pounds this week for a total of 17.2 pounds since about mid-June.

Have a great day everybody!
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
    1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
    2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Grilled salmon salad w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio Sculpt w/3's
  • Good morning.

In a little funk-having one of those stall days. Weight not budgeted for several days but so far down .6 for the week with Monday being the last day. Husband and I were planning to kayak this am but decided to go tomorrow am (my suggestion - Sunday mornings are quietest on the lakes around here)

I was true to plan yesterday eating no rice and no after dinner mint at the Thai restaurant last night so I left a good bit of yummy sauce in the plate. The food was so good that I did not really miss it.

A little frustrated. Husband went out and bought non-stick wok (My pots are stainless or cast iron) but his intentions were very good. I don't understand non stick and wok because wok=very hot at base and non stick does not like hot. The actual pot is very nice quality but..... But you know. I am one who does all kinds of research before I buy anything and he is an on the whim kind of person. Since his heart was in the right place I was grateful.

Today

Breakfast:
    Greek Yogurt - 8oz, Blackberries-6 oz, Oatmeal - 1 oz dry
    Lunch:
    Ground beef - 4 oz, Stir fried onions, peppers,mushrooms, celery-10oz, Apple-6oz
    Dinner:
    Tempeh-4oz - Home made Thai Pumpkin soup (working out recipe and details) - Home made cole slaw (Greek yogurt instead of mayo) - whatever all comes to 10 oz veggies.

Hope everyone has a good Labor Day weekend and that this new hurricane goes out to sea.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Labor Day weekend! I hope you can enjoy a long weekend.

My DH is still at the house, but getting ready to leave for the hunt club, so I haven't been able to do my normal routine. I will edit this later if I get a chance to do the Oxycise.

grannynancy Hang in there with the stall.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
    Weigh In: 180.6
    No Change

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 2

Isaiah 41:10
    Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea,I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Ben was afraid to even try a diet. He never had much luck with things that required a lot of willpower on his part. He caved in much too easily. If only someone else would make his decisions for him. He had never been overweight when he lived at home and had his mother around to tell him what to eat and what not to eat. Ben would be the first one to admit that he had no self-control. Unfortunately, we all have to learn to discipline ourselves. God doesn't tell us what to do. He gives us complete freedom, but He will help us have the strength to make right decisions if we ask Him to. Include God, and He will make some wonderful things happen.

Today's thought: True power is the ability to say no!