Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #256  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone AHA 3 mile walk
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:56 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hi all!

It's been a while since I posted in here. Summer was busy and I stayed on track mostly. I had a few planned breaks, and overall am sitting right around 180. I think it's my body's happy place since I've been sitting at this weight for a while now. I've been at this for almost two years now, and it's my first real plateau. The only thing I've done up til now is count calories and exercise, and I have not focused on macros or anything (except making sure I get enough protein). I know it's time to switch it up... but I am stuck in my ways. :P Plus, I really like my snacks. I still struggle with night time snacking, and am a big emotional eater. I also eat too much sucralose/aspartame, even though I know its bad. Too much sodium, not enough water. Boo...

Well, there's my confession. I'm also trying to figure out what I want my goal to be. I don't desire to be 'thin', necessarily. I am learning to love my body, and after having lost over 130 pounds, I'm pretty darn happy. I'm still "overweight" BMI wise, and my goal originally was 150 ish. I guess I'm just tired, and want to be done and move into maintenance. But, at the same time I want to finish what I started.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #258  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
166.0 this morning

I was sitting around on the iPad and DH said, it got pretty nice out if you want to go for a walk. So I got up, got the little dog ready and went out. It was still warm but not horrible so I decided to try a run. I did it, man did I sweat, definitely got rid of some water weight. I sat outside for a half hour or so before I stopped sweating, it was like a switch was turned on that I couldn’t turn off.

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:25 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning 239.2. Whew. That feels better.

Officially got of BP meds yesterday. Took myself off Friday when it was getting too low and I researched and knew no rebound effect. Reviewed values by doctor yesterday and she took some blood to check out my electrolytes but said to stay off and keep monitoring as my BP guage tested within 2 mm mercury with thers. .. It was Losartan/HCTZ 50/12.5. Not a high dose med, fortunately. I imagine adjusting to life without a diuretic will cause some more challenges with bounces etc. since HCTZ is a diuretic. I took myself off when BP went to 95/65 and I was starting to crave salt and get headaches.

Today, a yoga instructor is coming to our house for lessons. Husband found her through his acupuncturist when I said we should get private yoga instructions with the rods in his back and the plate in my ankle. I am excited.

Still back to 10,000 steps and 12 flights a day. The ankle is a problem. I fractured my fibula in 2005 but over time scar tissue, tendon damage, arthritis have all worked their nasty effects on that area..I wear compression socks every day to help keep down the swelling. I refuse to give in but am very conservative with it at the same time. Walking is hard on it but dragging myself to a gym is just not going to happen and I can walk anywhere and our neighborhood is very pleasant for walking. We need to clear out a utility room and install an endless pool but a LOT more needs to happen before that! Long term may be a small retirement home on a small lake so we can kayak every day. Pipe dreams you know.

Today plan is good. No supper due to the yoga but I will survive. Eating a larger lunch. Also switching fruit from blueberry to banana right now for potassium. One issue I have with this diet is at 1000-1200 calories I don't think I am getting enough potassium. You really have to eat pretty clean to get the right sodium and potassium but my sodium intake is awesome now with no processed foods! Being off BP meds is another reason to keep clean there because I am extremely sensitive to sodium. Physical is next month and doctor did electrolytes yesterday and we will see how it settles down in a month.

Kelijpa - great drop
Jules-Hi- wow losing 130lbs and then maintaining is a great accomplishment. I know my own goal is set to a weight I have not seen for decades, but you steer the ship in the direction you want to go. Hope you figure out where you want to go-be it weight, or looking a macros, getting rid of artificial sweeteners etc.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #260  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (sitting)
This morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181.4
No Change, again, LOL

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 27

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

It was nice to see that the church cared so much about the ladies' group that dieted together. At the annual church planning board dinner, it was suggested that a low calorie menu be offered. Dieting was so much easier when other people understood and cooperated with you. It was gratifying to be supported by the church as if by one's own family. God had been good to the ladies of the church. God's love should be apparent in our churches. The church should be a place where we know we will be affirmed and supported. God never forsakes His children, and His children should be careful not to forsake each other.

Today's thought: No matter what, I'm not on this diet alone!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #261  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
WI down to 161 but I miss my "5" I know it will come back. I tracked all my food yesterday and will continue to do so. Carbs 18.8 calories 1814. Need to get those calories down a bit but the carbs were right were I needed them to be 103 g protein and 30g fat.

Granny & Keli great job on the drop!
Jules you and Diana amaze me on the amount of weight you have lost so congrats for maintaining so long

Today I have hard boiled eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch and pot roast for dinner. I am sure the rest of the day will have some snack in them.

Waving to everyone!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #262  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

kelijpa nice drop of that water!

I am down a pound today but still annoyed by the water weight - stubborn! I got this.

Today:
b - refried beans
s - apple w/almond butter (Justin's honey flavor)
l - TJ's simply sliced roast chicken breast, steamed organic broccoli
s - skinny pop dusted dark chocolate popcorn (if a snack is needed)
d - TBD
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #263  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Total Body Kickbox - Interval Challenge premix w/5's
Old 09-27-2017, 10:44 PM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Good morning everyone

Last night I had dinner out with friends and I ate and drank on plan, but I had a 2.4lb gain this morning. It could be just sodium...I surely didn't eat 6000 extra calories...but it was a shock! My tummy is a little upset too, I think there may have been an ingredient or two that was not ideal for me. I'm okay though, carrying on on-plan. We are going camping this weekend and I've planned my meals and I'm only packing stuff that aligns with my goals, no temptations.

Breakfast: keto bagel & 1 chicken sausage patty (ew, it was gross) + coffee
Lunch: skipping...we will be driving, I'll have coffee with cream
Dinner: Jalapeno & cheddar sausages (cooked in the fire) and raw veggies

Weigh in: 256.6 (+2.4)
If you put on weight between one day and the next, it could be water retention.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning everyone. Well, after last week's mini stall this week is MUCH better 238.2 this am down from 240.4 on Monday - second day in a row with a good drop. So I imagine I am releasing a lot of water from the week before. Now to keep up the momentum. Since my typical cycle is 2+lbs one week and 1+ the next I have to wonder, if I am allowing more the week after a good loss. I don't log calories just food but may need to do that to see if it is the case even though I plan my food out.

We started with yoga last night with private lessons and I am very sore all over. But its a good sore. And I have some foundation work for next week.

The day is planned. Greek Yogurt and oatmeal as usual switching to banana for fruit until I can figure out more potassium within my plan, huge salad for lunch with hardboiled eggs and dinner will be a stir fry with tofu bok choy, mushrooms and whatever looks like it will go. I will use braggs liquid aminos instead of soy sauce to keep the sodium at bay
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #266  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
165.3 this morning

I guess I made good choices at the retirement lunch yesterday. Skipped the bread and potatoes, accidentally had salad with no dressing because I thought it was on it I used some of the mushroom sauce that was on the chicken, it worked.

Jules great job maintaining your loss, I hope to be much better at that this time, I feel like I’m going to be better but one never knows...you might want to try smaller goals, just maybe 3 or 5 pounds and see how that goes. I use some sucralose, too, it’s in my protein powder and sugar free lemonade, I try to drink more water than any other beverage and hope that balances it out.

GrannyNancy on the drop and getting off the medication, that’s great!

Diana

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-28-2017 at 06:42 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #267  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181
Down: .4

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 28

Isaiah 41:13
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

When Jenny was young, her mother used to hold her hand whenever Jenny was afraid or worried. Just the feel of her mother's hand in hers gave her strength and courage. There were days when Jenny wished her mom was close enough to hold her hands again, but she lived hundreds of miles away. She especially wanted her mother's support now that she was dieting. Whenever things got particularly tough, she would close her eyes to say a short prayer. As she prayed, she imagined her hand in Jesus' hand, and she felt a wonderful peace and comfort. That image gave Jenny all the strength she needed.

Today's thought: I'm never too heavy for God to pick up!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #268  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

WI down 1.0 so back at 160.0 but still no '5' yet.
WO none I have to get back in the groove again just am not motivated and really have no reason why? Lazy? the great unknown and I am too busy to ponder on it LOL

Kelly, Diana and Grannyy great job on the drop! doing a happy dance for you.

Today breakfast hard boiled eggs, swiss cheese, lunch large salad with some protein, dinner chicken alfredo

yesterday carbs on the higher side, I put a roast in the crock pot with potatos so I ate a half of a russet. Carb 27.0 Cal 1586 Protein 57g Fat 49g

Hugs to all
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #269  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hey ladies!

down another pound - 157.4 this morning. I did good with food yesterday! Dinner was a turkey burger (no bun) with a baked potato and light sour cream. I didn't have a veggie because I ate lots of broccoli at lunch. I did have some wine.

today:
B - Quaker instant grits (cheddar cheese flavor, OH YUM!)
S - Oikos coconut cream Greek yogurt
L - refried beans, broccoli (I didn't bring anything else)
s - if needed, I have dusted dark chocolate Skinny Pop or Terra exotic harvest vegetable chips
D - I'm going to make ground turkey in creamy tomato Ragu cheese sauce with Rotel and serve it over zoodles

Tomorrow night is Erev Yom Kippur and I'm working some services for extra pay...I'll be here at the temple until 11 pm! So I'm not coming in until 10 am so I can get some much needed extra sleep! Have a great day ladies!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #270  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello all,

JulesMarion - Welcome and congrats on your success!

Grannynancy - I take the same B/P meds but a slightly higher dosage. I can't wait to reach the point when my dr tells me I can stop taking it.

Kelijpa - you are doing a great with your weight loss too.

Hi Diana, Nancylmrn, Syckgirlsfv, Jaguar89 (I hope I didn't miss anyone)

I'm happy to say that I have finally had a whoosh this week and got down to 216.8 this morning. I'm so glad that I patiently hung in there.

I hope you all have a great Thursday! It's almost Friday - YIPPIE!!!

Today's Log
B: Greek 100 yogurt, Apple, C Skim milk, coffee w/SF caramel syrup
L: Salad w/Salmon & shrimp, WW Pretzel Blast Bar
D: Flatout wrap w/Reduced sodium ham, lettuce & tomato, cheese, balsamic vinegar dressing
S: grapes, WW Potato Crisps
Exercise Walk

Yesterday's Log
B: missed due to dentist & WW W/I
L: Salad w/shrimp & salmon, lite dressing, WW Pretzel Blast
D: Flatout w/chicken breast, black beans, salsa, 2 tbsp shredded cheese, 1 tbsp light sour cream
S: apple
Exercise: Walked 55 minutes
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote