Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #181  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all.

Emily, I'm very sorry about your friend, I hope you get to visit him, and your sister - I hope that they can help her to feel better.

Weigh in: 249.6 (yay, finally out of the 250s!)

Breakfast: Keto bagel, 1 slice black forest ham, coffee with cream
Lunch: Zucchini lasagna
Dinner: TBA
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #182  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Welcome Salix

grannynancy - Nice job on your weight losses.

Angie - Congrats on making it out of the 250s

Kelijpa - I actually started Simply Filling last Friday and so far I'm liking it. I was surprised at all the foods on the Simply Filling Foods list and thought, "I can do this". What made me want to try it was wanting to eat more fresh foods. I ate a lot of frozen meals but with Smarts Points, they are way too many Points for me. One dinner is over 1/3 of my Pts for the day. I've been eating lots of salads since I started the plan but I know that I am going to have to do more cooking. This weekend I plan on pulling out some cookbooks and getting back to cooking for the week.

Yesterday I stayed OP and I did a 45 minute very hilly walk. The scale did drop a wee bit from 220.6 to 220.2 so I'm hoping that I will hit 219 soon.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Today's Log
B: Light English muffin, 1 sl reduced sodium Hillshire Farm ham, 1 sl RF cheese, 1/4 C skim milk, coffee
L: Salad, shrimp, Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, WW Pretzel Blast
D: Sandwich round, 3 sl Hillshire Farm Ham, 1 sl RF cheese, cucumber & tomato
S: baby carrots, grapes, apple
Exercise: Walk 30 mins

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

If you would, please pray for Cody, our dog. He had a procedure last week. He was dealing with some type of eye allergy recently but that one eye seemed more problematic, even though things were clearing up. They gave him a light sedation so they could debride his eye. Now, since the weekend, he has had some diarrhea. I have talked to the Vet and she thinks it's from the sedation meds but we are going in this morning to have him checked out. Having a sick family member is really hard on me.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #184  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Poor Cody and poor you. I hope he's on the mend very quickly.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #185  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Emily I do hope you are able to visit your childhood pen pal and spend time with your sister

Diana having a sick family member is the worst especially since cody can't tell you how he feels.

WI down this am back at 159.8, so the weekend is coming off. WO lazy lazy me stayed in bed. I may have to rethink my workout times.

My new car wet bug nuts yesterday driving home. All the sensors went off telling me to clean my parking sensors and the front sensor kept beeping like I was too close to something. Of course we had a little rain yesterday and the road was wet but still that can not happen every time it rains. I have an appt on Friday to take the car in that was the first time they would have a loaner car for me. soooo grrrrr
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #186  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana - said a prayer for Cody that he will be healed and made 100%, and peace for you. Let us know what the vet says!

damn scale has not budged! probably the sodium in the pizza but this is getting old. This past week has been a water-holding fest! Probably crazy-*** hormones.

Today planned:
b - TJ's high fiber cereal with almond milk
s - hard boiled egg w/frank's red hot
l - the temple is feeding us, but just in case it's something that will wreak havoc on the scale I brought my own! Ground turkey in creamy tomato cheese creations sauce (Ragu), steamed broccoli
d - TBD, probably a turkey burger from Omaha and I'm not sure what else but maybe more broccoli

I can't get in to the CBA website because everybody and their mother is trying to get their scores this morning!!!! ARGH! CBA is California Board of Accountancy, by the way. This sucks.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #187  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

And we had Mexican food here at the temple...I had half a chicken, rice, black bean burrito, some chips and some guac, and a little salad with my own BHF dressing. Let's see if I regret it!

Drum Roll Please.................I PASSED one of my exam sections!!! The one I wasn't so sure about and I got 80! The other one that I did feel good about, I didn't pass I missed it by 2 points! passing is 75 and I got 73. I'll pass it next time for sure!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #188  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Today's...
Cals: 1380
Net carbs: 128 g
Protein: 92 g

Yesterday my calories were on the low end, so I guess I had to balance that out today by putting them on the high end. (My target is mid 1200s, but I'm ok with going higher on the days I exercise. Today I didn't.)

Diana - Aw, I hope Cody is feeling better soon.

Syck - Oh man, so close! As you said, you'll definitely pass it next time, and congrats on getting the other one out of the way!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #189  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
If you would, please pray for Cody, our dog. He had a procedure last week. He was dealing with some type of eye allergy recently but that one eye seemed more problematic, even though things were clearing up. They gave him a light sedation so they could debride his eye. Now, since the weekend, he has had some diarrhea. I have talked to the Vet and she thinks it's from the sedation meds but we are going in this morning to have him checked out. Having a sick family member is really hard on me.
praying for Cody, hope he's better soon

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-19-2017 at 09:46 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #190  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Emily so sorry about your friend. I'll say a prayer for him and your sister, and you of course.

Syckgirlsfv congrats on passing a section and getting so close on the other.

Angie congrats on getting into the next decade!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #191  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the good thoughts for Cody. He went to the Vet today and got a couple prescriptions. He seems to be doing a bit better already. Hopefully he will be good as new in a couple of days.

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on passing that test. You'll get the other one, the next time.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Total Body Timesaver w/8's
Old 09-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #192  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good morning all,
169.0 this morning

Hope everyone is doing well, had dinner with the in-laws, ham and acorn squash, a couple drinks, glad I'm not up! I just noticed last night that my 3FC ticker wasn't working anymore, I noticed most everyone uses ticker factory, so I made a new one.

GettinFit I'll have to check out simply filling, it sounds good, I'll read up on it this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 09-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 240.8 again. Feel a little bloated so glad I did not go up in weight. Adjusting to the new kefir and this can be normal as bacteria battle and balance for gut supremacy but it is not the most pleasant thing. EDIT: duh. This discomfort could also be from walking again. I have not been doing this and that does cause lower ab pain for me when I start from not doing it so much.

Diana, Glad to hear Cody the dog is ok and Sykgirifsv - you are so close, I am sure you will pass next time.

Because I had to drive yesterday for like 4 hours and go to a work meeting, the come back to friends for dinner I did not get in my 10,000 steps..........really makes a difference for sleep quality.

Breakfast - yogurt + peach, oatmeal, small amount kefir
Lunch-Salad with tempeh
Dinner-Chicken, Cooked assorted vegetables in fridge (steamed)

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-20-2017 at 08:17 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #194  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning all,

Diana - Glad your Cody is doing better.

Syckgirlsfv - Hang in there , you're gonna pass the test the next time.

No change in the scale for me today. I'm hoping that any day I will see 219. I'm just gonna keep plugging along.

Today's Log
B: WW String cheese, 1/2 C coffee (eating light before W/I)
L: TBD
D: Salad w/Light dressing
S: Grapes, Popcorn, apple
Exercise: Walk
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #195  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the good wishes for Cody. He did well last night and this morning. I couldn't do Oxcycise this morning because I had to cook for him. He's on a bland diet for a couple of days.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 182
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 20

Revelation 21:7
'He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.'

Chris thought he was going to die. Why did the gym teacher make the fat kids run track? It wasn't human. His pulse was pounding so hard he thought his eyes might pop out. The finish line looked a million miles away. It wasn't worth it. Somehow he had to lose some of his excess baggage. Nobody could go through life feeling as bad as he presently felt. We need to overcome our weight problems. Life is not meant to be a struggle, but a blessed gift from God. If we will work to be overcomers, then God will bless our efforts and carry us over the finish line.

Today's thought: With each pound I drop, I move faster toward my goal!