Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #166  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I also have problems with getting my water in on the weekends. I don't usually carry a water bottle, but I do have one if I need it for the gym. I looked at it yesterday and thought about it, . So maybe I need to fill the water bottle on the weekends.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1390 +
Weigh In: 182.4
Down: .2

Have a great day and start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 18

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised).

Kelly believed God would help her. At least, she wanted to believe that God would help. Sometimes she wasn't so sure. She'd begin to doubt, then fear would set in, and she'd comfort herself with a bowl of ice cream or a chocolate bar. Then she'd get mad at herself, she'd pray for help once more, and the whole cycle would start again. If only she could stay convinced that God was with her to give her strength. Kelly knew it wasn't God's fault that she kept giving in. It was her own wavering. Perhaps Kelly's prayer should have been for strength of faith, rather than strength of diet will-power.

Today's thought: I don't think God will help me lose weight; I know it!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #167  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone

I'm playing with the same pound over the last few days..it goes away and then it comes back, just barely keeping me out of the 240s.

Weigh in: 251 (+0.8)

Todays plan:

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee, bacon
Lunch: Zucchini Lasagna
Dinner: Zucchini Lasagna
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #168  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all just a quick fly by

WI same 160.8 and holding considering the weekend and eating out most meals and 2 beers each day I am sure over the course of the week it will drop back off.
Food today, B: two eggs, two egg whites, L: large salad with black olives and turkey kielbasa, D Tacos with low carb tortilla, meat, peppers and onion S: not sure yet
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #169  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

ugh! I am up another pound from yesterday! It has to be the protein bars I ate for breakfast all weekend...I literally ate nothing else that would cause sodium bloat or anything like that so maybe the sugar alcohols? This is what I had yesterday:

b - protein bar
s - pop chips 100 calorie bag
l - sandwich (deli roast beef, tomatoes, pickle, mustard) small portion bbq potato chips, fresh strawberries and watermelon
d - DH grilled: omaha chicken breast kabob, organic baked potato with light sour cream
that's IT! 2 glasses of wine.

I should have been down this morning! The scale is going the wrong way! Usually it's because I had extra drinks...I feel like I should have. 159.4. YUCK.

So today I am having TJs fiber cereal for breakfast with almond milk. I have 2 hard boiled eggs for later. I am not playing today! They are providing lunch for us at work for all our hard work leading up to Erev Rosh Hashanah on Wednesday...lunch today, lunch tomorrow, and breakfast on Wednesday. I have to be VERY careful because they tend to get things that throw water on me so fast...I hope there is something worthy otherwise I will have to figure something else out.

I WILL ditch this 3 pounds of water and get going in the right direction (downward) again! Sheesh!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 09-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #170  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone.
I am trying to get back into the habit of posting every day. Lots going on.

I ordered Shift Shop from Beachbody; I need a change.

Good news first: If I am able to swap weekends with a coworker at work, I am able to go to the Bahamas (We switched the destination from Mexico to the Bahamas; it is cheaper and safer)! So that's exciting.

Bad news...
I have been rather depressed this past week, as an old dear friend of mine (he was a childhood online pen-pal whom I have kept in contact with over the years; known him since I was eight years old) has informed me that he could die any day; he is in the last stages of pancreatic cancer. I have never been able to go meet him, so I may drive down next weekend (If I still can...) to visit him for the first and last time.
I am so saddened by this; he is such a wonderful person..
Also, my sister is still in the mental hospital (it's been about three weeks) and they transported her to a bigger hospital 1.5 hours away so that she can undergo 3 sessions of ECT (Electro-convulsive therapy), as it has a high success rate in patients with depression. They put you to sleep, and administer shocks to the brain to essentially make you have a seizure. Hopefully the change in brain chemistry will help her.

On my way to work: 3/4 protein bar (couldn't finish it, getting sick of them) and coffee
Morning snack: Siggi's whole milk yogurt, strawberry rhubarb flavor
Lunch: Leftover casserole (Quinoa, butternut squash, chicken, cheese, dried cranberries, spices)

Since it is nice outside today I may go for a run.

I seem to be stuck around the 172-173 lb range.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 09-18-2017 at 11:45 AM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #171  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies,

I've been so bad about posting over the weekend and I am going to work on that.

Kelijpa - Your plan sounds similar to something I did years ago called the Wendie Plan. On the plan you also fluctuated your Points and had a very high day and a couple very low days. I am on connect and my name on there is GettnFit2015. Thanks for sharing the info with me. So far I'm enjoying the Simply Filling Plan. I didn't realize there were so many things on the Food List. The only thing I really miss is my Lean Cuisines When I have a free weekend, I may try cooking some meals and freezing them myself. I hope you have a good W/I this week.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend.

It was a good one for me, I stuck to my plan and yesterday I did a 1 hour intense walk. I finally got the scale back to 220 so hopefully, I'm on my way down to the 210s.

Have a great Monday

Today's Log
B: Reduced calorie English muffin w/1 sl RF cheese, skim milk, coffee, apple
L: Large salad w/Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, shrimp, WW Pretzel Blast bar (2)
S: baby carrots, grapes, popcorn
D: Shrimp, cucumber & tomato
Exercise: Walk
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #172  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

EmilyLarnder - So sorry about your friend and your sister. Hang in there.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #173  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Oh Emily, I'm so sorry.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #174  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Breakfast 1: Coffee with milk.
Breakfast 2: Homemade chicken soup.
Snack: Marinated artichoke hearts & roasted red peppers.
Lunch: Gala apple and crunchy peanut butter. Tazo baked cinnamon apple tea.
Dinner: Previously sauteed zucchini prepared in a 3-egg omelet.
Dessert: 2 squares Lindt 78% Cocoa Dark Chocolate.

Calories: 1,073
Net carbs: 40 g
Protein: 85 g

Lower calories than I usually eat, but I'm sick and basically spent the whole day in bed.

I've never been able to make it a habit to list my food for the day, but going forward I'd like to at least list my cals and macros.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #175  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Emily I am sorry about your friend. I hope you get a chance to see him. I pray the new treatment is helpful for your sister.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted turkey & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout w/5's

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #176  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi again! I ended up with pizza for lunch, but me and 2 other coworkers were able to get them to order a gluten free one. So my lunch was 2 small slices of gluten free cheese pizza and salad. Damage shouldn't be bad in the morning but these days...who knows!

Dinner was a salad and some french fries...just not feeling it. I have a headache. Tomorrow I find out whether or not I passed my 2nd CPA exam...I have no idea what might happen.

a little wine just because. I am SO tired I only got 5 hours of sleep last night and it helps mellow me out. Everyone have a good night and check in tomorrow!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 09-18-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Emily. So sorry about your friend.

240.8 Down again though not sure why so much. I am full of fiberful food and drank a ton of water yesterday.

Did make a new batch of kefir with new grains and right now I am a "churnin urn of burnin funk" but otherwise fine. We will see how the adjustment goes. It could also be I ate a falafel patty but normally cooked garbanzo beans don't bother me.

Today I have to travel to a meeting 2 hours a way so I am skipping lunch and doubling up on breakfast. We also have friends over tonight for dinner and Gregg is cooking. Could be I am dreading the drive to the meeting.........

Breakfast-2 eggs, cheese, vegetables, maybe oatmeal if I can get it down
Dinner-cabbage and beef dish from budget gourmet
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #178  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
169.5 this morning

Internet messing with my zen this morning just wanted to say good morning all!!

GettinFit I think it is similar to the Wendie, but slightly different. Of course you need to find what works best for you. Let me know if you end up trying simply filling.

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 172.6/172.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Felt strong yesterday. Actually tracked EVERYTHING I ate (including my 1/2 glass of coconut water) and I stayed withing my points. Went to the gym - more to clear my mind than anything but it felt good.

My plan for the day is to stay on track with eating. I will do yard work - my 1/2 acre needs mowing if the weather holds out. If the weather keeps me from being in the yard - I will go to the gym again.

I'm thinking ahead to weekend and planning some projects around the house to keep my mind occupied - boyfriend and I broke up two weeks ago so keeping myself distracted is a must.

Have a great day everyone!
Salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:02 AM   #180  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Salix Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 182.2
Down: .2

Have a great day!

September 19

Job 11:15
For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear.

What a marvelous feeling, being able to stand up in front of the diet group and tell them she had lost forty-four pounds! Marcie never thought she'd see the day. She remembered all the times when, with great embarrassment, she had to confess that she was not even close to her goal. Those days were behind her. All the doubts and guilt were over. The groups had been a great help, too, as God had been. Her faith was a large reason that she was able to stay with it as well as she did. Praise God, everything worked out. She held her head high and shared her great news with the group that had helped her so much.

Today's thought: Doubting never helps get things done!