Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #46  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Happy Tuesday all

WI up 1.0 ah well guess the veggie egg roll and sodium are to blame
no workout today decided to sleep instead, I have to stop this bad habit from forming

Today just a normal day at the office no highs or lows

Will catch up on personals tonight
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #47  

Smile September 2017 Goals

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I eat too much, but I am down a tad. Been biking daily and doing squats and lunges. Pool just opened up again after being cleaned.

215/212

I visited the Flight 92 Memorial a few weeks ago. It is a very serene place. Visited a new museum...very nice. This weekend, I revisited the area and saw the Johnstown Flood Memorial. I did not know that the Carnegies and the Fricks (of the coal and steel industry) played a role in the disaster, by not maintaining the dam when they purchased the lake.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We have been doing some hurricane prep. I didn't workout during work but I went to the gym with my friend and we did cardio. We went to Sam's and they are sold out of water and so is the grocery store. We have 12 cases plus some gallons so we are fine with that. We have also bought some extra food stuff. DH is talking with a company about getting a built in, whole house generator. I'm not sure if we will be able to get that done before the storm hits. He has been wanting one but never actually pursued it.

Tonight I went to the store about DH's prescriptions. I guess I was in the right place at the right time. There was a man walking around acting funny and a woman following him asking if he was choking. We were in the pharmacy area, I ran over to the desk and told them there was a man choking and to call 911. Then the woman tried to do the H. maneuver but he was a big man. I told them to put him over a chair. The pharmacist came out and started working on him. I was upset so I left. As soon as I got outside the ambulance was there. They got there very quickly. I was just shocked that people were walking around and trying to talk to him and no one had thought about calling 911, especially with all the phones that everyone has.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
30 Minutes treadmill

Enjoy your evening.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #49  
Work in Progress

Good evening to all
well today was good, I tried something new tonight broccoli and cauliflower tot's....Have to say not my favorite and really wont buy them again.

Wow Diana so scary, my sister started to chock once eating a salad fortunately he spouse and her are trained fire fighters so no harm.

terri what a wonderful time to visit such memorable places
Old 09-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Work went well today. I forgot to drink my water yesterday and this morning I woke up with the worst leg and foot cramps of my life. At about 5am I hobbled into the kitchen and got some water and a banana and went back to bed for an hour. After that I was fine. I have been drinking my water all day today. I won’t be making that mistake again.

B: one banana, half of a green mango, two eggs fried in evoo, coffee with coconut oil and cream
L: arugula, romaine and spinach salad with avocado, evoo and vinaigrette dressing, a few walnuts, one square of dark chocolate
D: roast chicken, baby broccoli, romaine and arugula salad, avocado, evoo and vinaigrette dressing

Diana I pray that the hurricane doesn’t travel your way.

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 09-05-2017 at 11:24 PM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:19 AM   #51  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
171.4 today

Angie good morning!

Diana you were in the right place a couple times, with your pastor's wife and at the pharmacy. That is strange no one thought to call 911 with all the phones. Our society is high on tech smarts, low on common sense it seems

GettinFit just get back on plan, the water retention will flush out, it's important to not cut back too far, just get back to your healthy plan. A lot of people say alcohol causes water retention. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Nancy, Teri, Magistra, GrannyNancy

Hope everyone has a great day

Thrilled to almost finished with book 5 of Game of Thrones, it's been great but I'm ready for it to be over I have a couple (5 or so) books in the queue I think I'm going to read It was me all along next, might reread Hungry. Ok, over and out...

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-06-2017 at 06:20 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Up early today. Please pray for an old college friends' daughter who is living in St Martin on a beachfront apartment. They could not get out and are boarded up inside. They tried.

Today down 1lb from my upswing. Weight 245.6

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt, blackberries, oatmeal
Lunch:
Lunch salad with lettuce, peppers, onions, squash, carrots. Falafel on the side
Dinner
Stir fry with tofu, celery, onions, mushrooms, and maybe curry spices-still working on what would be best...

Yesterday. The yellow beets were good and I don't like beets. So they are a keeper. Good to try new stuff.It seems they took for-ever to roast, though. But it was a great way to prepare them.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-06-2017 at 08:34 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch at the gym
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 182.2
No Change

Have a great day!

September 6

Job 22:27
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.

Gary took time every morning to pray about his diet. Some days he awoke frustrated that he wasn't losing weight. Other days he awoke with cravings, afraid he wouldn't be able to withstand temptation. Still other mornings he just wanted to thank God that he'd come so far. God helped make the diet bearable. Every time Gary found himself feeling ready to give up, a quick prayer to God gave him the willpower to go on. The power of God is a wonderful thing. We cannot comprehend how much God does for us when we call upon His name. Rest assured that God is with you in all you do. . .even your diet.

Today's thought: The more time you pray, the less you can weigh!
Old 09-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #54  
Work in Progress

Good morning all! waving and grinning at each and everyone

WI down a bit back under 160 @ 159.8 again....
WO none so far, just have gotten out of the routine and not been able to get my groove back.

Breakfast-none well water and maybe a cup of coffee in a bit
Lunch salad with lettuce, olive, celery, green pepper and turkey kielbasa
Dinner chicken thighs, steamed veggies
Most likely a protein bar sometime today
Old 09-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #55  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and afternoon to everyone! I just realized that I've been using this site for 10 years now, and I've lost and gained so much weight in that time! I'm glad to be back on the losing track.

Weigh in: 253.0 (-1.2)
Breakfast: Keto bagel, cream cheese, bacon
Lunch: Kielbassa & cheese, carrots and cucumbers
Dinner: Taco salad

Diana – What is the expected impact of the hurricane in your area? I’m hearing only about Florida in my Facebook news feed and from other sources, but I’m sure there are a lot more areas that may be severely impacted. Thank god you had a cool head in that situation at the pharmacy! One of my son’s friends got lost walking home from his first day at middle school yesterday; I was helping to look for him, and hoping his mom would call the police to help (after 2 hours) but she was so reluctant, and even though he’s 11, he never thought to ask someone for help, or to ask to use a phone…people make funny choices sometimes. We did find him after 2.5 hours..he’d finally found his way to a big park near our neighbourhood, and he knew his way home from there.
I’m not religious, but I appreciate the devotionals you post, and find that I can usually take something from them in my own way. Relative to your post today, I find when I feel frustrated or feel like giving up, I ask (God, the universe or myself) to help me see the situation differently, and it always helps.

Kelijpa – I loved the GOT books, I read up to book 7 and then watched the series until they reached the part where the books end. I’m pretty stubborn and I refuse to watch any more until book 8 is released, which may be never, so that will teach me to dig my heels in the sand!

Grannynancy – I hope your friends will be safe! I’m so worried for my friends in Florida, but they’ve done all they can to prepare as well. How were your yellow beets prepared, were they cooked or pickled? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen yellow beets!

Nancylmrn -- Congratulations on going back under 160!

Last edited by Angie; 09-06-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

Angie I'm glad you are able to take something away from the devotionals. Florida is the the next in line and we have potential after that since we are on the East Coast. If it comes our way, we will get it at the beginning of the week.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Angie-So far now word but they were in a strong apartment that had hurricane windows and was boarded up. I gather the storm surge was less than one story so........we will find out later.

The beets were roasted. I cut into wedges, drizzled with oil, wrapped in foil, cooked at 375 and then waited forever. They were very sweet. I could enjoy these since they are so healthy. And good. Might even learn to like the red ones later. Definitely plan to grow the yellow ones in our garden next year as they are hard to come by.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #58  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good afternoon ladies,

Diana - WOW what excitement. I hope the guy is okay. My sister is in Jacksonville, FL and they are preparing for the storm. She tried for 2 days to find water to purchase and everywhere was sold out. She finally got some at 7:30 this morning. I sure hope it doesn't hit too hard. They're saying that we will get rain from it.

Kelijpa - I went back to a meeting today. I usually go to a center near home but sometimes I go to the At Work meeting here. The leader has known me for years so she lets me come without being an At Work member. I was really motivated at the meeting today. Three of us challenged each other to track every single day. That should help me a lot. I just want to get back in the honeymoon phase of the program.

Grannynancy - I hope your friends daughter is okay.

Angie - Congrats on being back on track with your losing.

Hi magistra17 and Teri000 and anyone else I missed.

Today has been good for me so far. Going to the WW meeting today has helped me tremendously. I've tracked and I've drank more water. I also did a 20 min walk today.

Today's Log
B: String cheese, banana, coffee
L: Chicken wild rice soup, WW Pretzel Blast bar
S: Pirates Booty, melon
D: Lean Cuisine, green beans, Lorna Doone 100 calorie pack
Exercise: Walked 20 mins, Stretching w/ band
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #59  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Diana hope Irma stays away. Will be thinking of you.

Angie I loved the books, not sure if I'll watch the show, I watched the first episode and decided to read. I've been on here a long time, too.

GettinFit glad you enjoyed the meeting, I love my meeting p, so happy I found a good leader and a good time for me.

Well, almost bed time, wishing you all the best
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #60  
Work in Progress

Well I did get some short walks in today but my fitbit battery was low so it was on the charger for most of my bursts of activities.

I did splurge tonight and ate 3 pieces of thin crust papa murphy lite cheese, veggie pizza.

Diana I am keeping my eye on the weather and please be safe.

This weekend DH has to work so this means I get to travel with him to Orcus Island. That is the fun part the bad part it is a 2.5 hour drive to Anacortes and the ferry leaves at 7:30 am....yikes So for my reward for this all day of not much fun??? I made hotel reservations at town near ferry terminal and wont have to make the drive home until Sunday.