Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #76  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all

WI - no change
WO nope but have a new 4 week program starting Monday

Tomorrow we will be up and out of the house by 4:30 am so we can catch the ferry up to Orcas Is then spend the night up in the northern part of the state, come home on Sunday. So a working/mini vacation ???

I will catch up with everyone on Sunday

Have a great weekend and stay safe
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #77  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
169.0 this morning

Diana glad to hear it may not be as bad. I had to google Jim Cantore then I googled Jim Cantore memes, pretty funny. My dad got a generator and did all the wiring to be able to hook it up to the house. He was an electrician when he was in the Navy. They haven't had a long power outage since, I tell him it's because of his investments. Much better to have and not need than the other way around!

GrannyNancy glad your friend's daughter is ok, scary stuff. Hope all goes well for you.

Angie that recipe sounds great! Thanks

GettinFit I got a 25 pound charm at my meeting last night, yippee!

Nancy thanks, sounds like a great trip, pretty early, tho

Chunkalunkah congrats on the fun NSV I just heard Marty Stuart on ETown playing music and talking to the host. He said that he and Connie Smith had just celebrated their 20th anniversary, he's about 16 years younger than her, just sayin anything could happen...enjoy

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-08-2017 at 10:02 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Down a little today .6

Yesterday's menu
B: coffee w/coconut oil and cream
L: raspberry smoothie made with unsweetened coconut yogurt, a little cream, ice, and a few teaspoons coconut palm sugar
S: 1/2 cup of date smoothie made with unsweetened coconut yogurt, ice and a little cream
D: 1/3 lb grass fed beef burger with romaine salad, evoo and vinaigrette dressing, homemade dinner biscuits made with tapioca and coconut flour

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 09-08-2017 at 10:17 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

A funny story about the Weather Channel and Jim Cantore. Some of you, who have been here for a while will probably remember this. But since I am getting old and old people like to rehash old stories, bear with me.

A few years ago DH and I were going to OBX, NC for a 4th of July Summer vacay. There was a TD in the Atlantic the night before we left. We had reservations for months and were still planning on our vacay. The next morning, when we woke it was TS. We continued to pack and get on the road. We got on the road and it was a Cat 1 hurricane and named Arthur. I called the hotel and they said that the news was over exaggerating the situation and to come on. The weather was getting worse the closer we got to our destination. We were about half way there and it had jumped to a Cat 2. I called the hotel again and they flat out said everyone was lying about the situation. So we pull up to the hotel and the big Weather Channel truck, CNN, and every other major outlet was at our hotel and the surrounding hotels. We get in our room to watch the Weather Channel and come to find out Jim Cantore was at a restaurant right down the street. The name of the restaurant was Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar. Our hotel was right on the beach and we rode it out and did just fine. The weather was beautiful afterward. They put off the 4th of July fireworks until the next day and it was really nice. We went looking around and some of the islands got a lot of flooding (storm surge) damage.

So the bottom line, is that it's not a good idea when Jim Cantore comes to town.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-08-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #80  

Diana that's hilarious! Thanks! I needed that comical relief. I have been so worried about hurricane Irma!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #81  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday ladies

Chunkalunkah - That was a nice NSV for you! Enjoy the attention

Kelijpa - on your 25 pound celebration!!!

grannynancy - I love Pirate's Booty! I was so excited to find mini 2 WW Point bags at Sams Club.

Diana - I'm glad your situation with Irma has improved. My family's situation has gotten worse. They are in the Jacksonville FL area. The plan is for everyone to go to my parent's house which is more inland and ride it out. They considered coming up my way but the traffic coming up here is crazy right now and it's taking over 12 hours to make a 5 hr trip. We don't think our parents can handle being on the road that long. We're hoping and praying that it's not too bad.

to everyone else - Hope you're having a good Friday.

I didn't weigh today but my day been pretty good so far. Last night was a different story but this morning I got rid of what caused me trouble. I had some leftover tortilla chips & salsa that I binged on. This morning I poured water in the bag of chips and tossed them in the trash

Today's Log
B: Cheerios, Skim milk, honeydew melon, coffee
L: Lean Cuisine, WW Pretzel Blast bar
D: Grilled chicken, corn, green beans
S: apple, Pirate's Booty, watermelon
Exercise: Walk
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #82  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Ha, thanks guys!

My NSV today was grabbing the exact measurement of walnuts that I wanted on my first go. That thrills me way too much.

I'm off to celebrate my brother's bday soon. I hope you all have a great weekend. Wishes of safety and strength for all the people in Irma's path.

Angie - That recipe sounds good, thank you! Do you mix it by hand or use a food processor?
nancy - Enjoy your work/vacay weekend!
Diana - "All it takes is one little joggle and then Jim Cantore is in town." LOL! Love your Cantore story!
grannynancy - Sometimes being carded can be awkward. My sister and I ordered a drink at a local restaurant. The waitress asked for our ID's, studied them for a little, then said, "Wow, you two are a LOT older than I thought you were." Not the best wording. Do you typically abstain from dark chocolate bc there's little room in your calories for it, or for another reason?
Emily - You'll have your mojo back in no time!
kelijpa - I see the 160s are sticking around. Nice! Duly noted on the 20th anniversary.
magistra - How were the biscuits? I'm a biscuit fiend.
GettinFit - Destroying a tasty food that's counter to our goals is hard to do, well done!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-08-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Chunkalunkah. No I normally don't abstain but the diet I am on now is no sugar, real or artificial, (in the first 3 ingredients) and no flour (same restriction) and is based on an addiction model.

But, honestly, dark chocolate is full of good polyphenols so I struggle with that requirement and am not finding myself craving chocolate or drawn to it, say, like I am that box of cheez-its in the store.....

I do think I have an issue with wheat. I am not sure I have one with sugar. Even so 120 calories the product is largely fat and not a particularly healthy one. So I may keep it as a once a week treat. So I think I am going to take (based on some research) 0.2 oz/day of 85% savored after supper. It is not that much but an amount correlated with serious health benefits. That is like 40 calories....

As far as this plan. This is the FIRST time I have actually been able to feel physically hungry without craving any food. So I am going to stick with it.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-08-2017 at 06:49 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Please stay safe if you are in the path of Irma.

I'm not sure if I mentioned (I would have to go back and read and that would take extra effort, ) but we decided to get a whole house generator. It was installed today. Hopefully we won't need it but if we do we'll have it. DH was tired of worrying about that type of stuff every year.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled mahi wrap w/some BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Total Body Time Saver w/8's, JS Happy Hiit Walk

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-08-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:26 AM   #85  

B: two Omega 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, romaine salad with evoo and vinaigrette dressing, iodized sea salt, coffee with cream and coconut oil.
L: a few walnuts, a few olives, a half cup of sugar free mint chocolate chip coconut ice cream
D: homemade pizza made with almond, tapioca, and coconut flour, proscuitto, buffalo mozzarella, and mushrooms

Diana That's cool. We have a whole house generator and we've had the opportunity to use it. It does come in handy when the power goes out in the city from time to time.

Chunkahlunkah The biscuits were good. I posted the recipe for these a while back, probably in the August thread. These are the ones that taste like buttermilk biscuits but there is no buttermilk in them.

grannynancy I also took myself off of sugar and wheat this year. It has helped tremendously to lower my blood pressure and to improve my mood. I am prone to sadness and I am so much more cheerful now that I am not eating these two things. I also have a lot more energy. I did go through some withdrawal with that. What really helped kill the sugar and wheat cravings for me was a probiotic and a prebiotic supplement. At about the same time I started weaning myself off of sugar, I started taking a probiotic supplement. And then a month later I added a prebiotic. The two work together to keep those cravings at bay. The probiotic puts the good bacteria into your gut and the prebiotic feeds the good gut bacteria and keeps it there.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

magistra, what are you doing for the prebiotic? I am doing daily home made kefir and an L gasseri supplement for the probiotic and making sure I eat some of the more prebiotic vegetables. The large fiber load of the vegetables eaten whole (not in a smoothie or juice) really helps slow down any glycemic response. onions, oats, apples, bananas are all good as far as prebiotics go. I think okra is as well and I need to make some chili and add it. The other good reason so much fiber is preventing the gallstones that can come with sustained weight loss.

Getting ready for search dog training [we are local response, mainly dementia patients and kids on the autism spectrum--we don't do disasters] today and then some outdoor cleanup tonight. Last I saw was we are expecting about 5-6" of rain tomorrow and 40-50mph winds and some random tornadoes. Of course all bets are off if this thing keeps moving to the west and gets into the gulf .

Today-
Breakfast: Greek yogurt 8oz, blueberries 6oz, oats1oz dry
Lunch: Skip but don't make it a habit-take some celery sticks if hungry
Dinner: Tempeh 4oz + Stir fry (low fat) vegetables 12 oz.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-09-2017 at 07:09 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 9

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

Jessica was doubtful at first. She really didn't believe Mindy when she said the church would be a big help during her diet. Mindy had taken her to see the pastor, and they had told him that they were dieting. She felt silly at first, but the pastor asked regularly how they were doing, and Jessica liked that. It made her feel that what she was doing was important and a good thing. Other members of the church mentioned how good the dieters were looking. Before long, Jessica found that she enjoyed the dieting because she enjoyed the reactions of the church people and didn't want to let them down. Mindy was right: The church helped a lot.

Today's thought: Sharing the load of dieting makes the burden light!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #88  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning al!
168.9 this morning
this number gave me a moment of pause, not sure why, more real than169?

Happy Saturday! Have to go to the library today, missed renewing online, so my books are a couple days overdue. Dang. I'm reading "it was me all along" as an ebook. At first I thought, this isn't me at all, but as it goes on, I can see some of my behaviors, like secret eating and a few others. It's interesting how descriptive her writing is when writing about food and not so much in other areas. I wasn't sure I was going to finish it, but halfway through and want to see it through.

Stay safe if your in or near the path of hurricanes, wildfires or other nastiness.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #89  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I hope you're all well!

Yesterday's calories were greater than I can have for weight loss, in the high 1600s. We were celebrating my brother's bday though, so I gave myself the ok to consume more than usual yesterday. I didn't drink, so that helped minimize the caloric damage. I hardly ever drink alcohol anymore. It makes me too sleepy.

grannynancy - That sounds like a good plan for daily dark chocolate.
magista - I likely drooled over the biscuits last time too. My reaction to biscuits is more predictable than that of Pavlov's dog to that bell.
kelijpa - Well done falling further into the 160s. I know what you mean about 8 feeling more real than 9.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1530 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Dinner (570 calories)
"tuna noodle casserole"
Annie's white cheddar macaroni cup 220 calories
added in tuna 105 calories
spinach 75 calories
vanilla Greek yogurt blueberry parfait 170 calories

Exercise
1 hour swim - total bliss

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-09-2017 at 09:33 PM.