Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #121  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Has anybody had trouble with running? I'm in the second week of keto and down a SHOCKING 12 pounds, but I'm finding that my runs have slowed waaaaay down and I feel sick after running now. I feel like I'm past keto flu overall, it's just exercise that's giving me trouble. Any advice?
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:59 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

ImpalaHoarder decrease of fitness is often described as one symptom of "keto flu". Your body is transitionining to a completely different metabolism and it needs some time. You are just in your second week, Are you supplementing electrolytes? You might be short of them which would, again, decreased your fitness.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:27 AM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBabiesBe View Post
Hi Ronja,
Thanks for the welcome! I'm using my Fitbit food log to track my macros; calories are in and around 1200 to 1400 per day, depending. But I can generally tell when I'm in keto because I feel so d*mn good all the time! But yes, I think the PCOS and now peri-menopause really are slowing me down. (ahem, the fun never stops eh?).

My plan is to just keep on because the mental/wellbeing side of keto is worth it....onward!

BBB
You are so right. The fun never stops. I have juist recently realised that by the time I will be done losing baby-weight, I may be actually entering menopause. It's a never ending story!

I'm glad you feel so good on keto. I was just wondering another day when I was going to feel so energized and full of energy they claim you feel on keto? And then I realized I have been sleeping 6 hours a day top, running around taking care of my 5 kids all day long and I still have enough energy to sit at my computer at night and work.

My sister was visiting the other day. She has 3 kids so tha's lot of work too. They get up around the same time as my girls, and my sister is dead tired by 9 pm. Myself, I just work until midnight or 1 am...that's 3-4 more hours a day I can get thanks to keto. And that's pretty amazing!
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

ronja I think I am going to try milk in my coffee, thank you!! OMG, that is amazing that you have the energy to stay up and work that late with 5 children!! I only have 2 and have to fight to stay awake on my way home from work and by 8 I am in bed for the night! I hate weeknights with a passion!!

baby Thank you for the suggestion, I am excited to try that this weekend!!

I have not gone over 27 net carbs per day since Sunday (11 of them come from my coffee in the morning, but I am changing that now). I have not lost an ounce of weight... I think I am going to use myfitnesspal to check my macros because I feel like I must be doing this wrong!!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - love reading all your posts!

Brainsbabie - Where in Canada are you? I live in Bowmanville, ON and work in Richmond Hill, ON.

I found Thanksgiving holiday a real challenge and had all kinds of things I should not have. Been struggling this week to get back on Keto and my scale also went up, even with just a couple of non-keto days. Lesson learned - so far today totally back on plan.

All - good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #126  

kfunk6113 I do have a sleep-in once a week or so, when I sleep until 8 am, but that's it. Maybe all the nights I had been awake taking of my kids ruined my sleep forever

I'm still enjoying the sweet beginning of ketosis. And when I say sweet, I also mean the way my urine smells (sorry for TMI!) It's so noticable. I also used ketostix again and instead of nice pink colour it got deep red. I call it KETO! It's fun, but it's also very motivating. For example, there was a cake today in ym house. Even on diet, I would have a bite or two. But I did a quick counting to see how many carbs it would be and I saw it could easily knock me out of ketosis so I just didn't have any. The red colour on my stick is a palable proof of me doing things right...and it feels good! It prevents me from making stupid choices (for now, undoubtedly there will be mistakes further down the road).

bandit2
I can get easily up six to eight pounds in two days if I start eating carbs. It's the water weight - as you probably know - because glycogen, the body's way of storing energy from carbs, is bound with water in the cells. So once your body gets the carb it needs, it will create glycogene and store it in your cells together with a considerable amount of water. It's also the weight that goes easily down when you get back to ketosis. However, it's getting back that's sometimes to difficult, because carbs make you crave more carbs...and the body is weak! But it's, as always, mind over the matter: YOU CAN DO IT! You will. You've already done it! You just need to repeat all the steps you know. Stay strong!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #127  

Hi everyone - Ronja, thanks for the reminder & information. I needed to read that, did OK for a couple of days but then got off track over the weekend. I have my weigh in tomorrow & I know it won't be pretty. But I will still go and face the music. Today I am going to drink lots of lemon water & behave myself.
I find when I have things I shouldn't have in the house & I this "stinking thinking" that I have to eat though everything, then start again. I was doing great until holiday weekend & packing up my trailer and brought home lots of snacks that I should have just gotten rid of. I was watching some videos and some say it is easier staying on track doing keto 100% and not "almost doing it" since you just keep knocking yourself out of ketosis. So that is what I have to remember.
Anyway, start of a new week. Hope you all do well.
Gail
Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all.

As far as creamers go, try HWC then a little vanilla. Or try the SF syrups.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpalaHoarder View Post
Has anybody had trouble with running? I'm in the second week of keto and down a SHOCKING 12 pounds, but I'm finding that my runs have slowed waaaaay down and I feel sick after running now. I feel like I'm past keto flu overall, it's just exercise that's giving me trouble. Any advice?
It really takes about 4 weeks for your body to be fully fat adapted so your body is still having trouble figuring out how to use fat as fuel instead of carbs as it used to. Once you are fully fat adapted your workouts will be much easier. This took me a while to understand. I remember playing in soccer games and felt like I could barely move and thinking "all the people that said they have infinite energy are full of $hit." Stick to the plan and you'll see all the fantasy like symptoms of keto will be true. Your workouts will be amazing, you'll have infinite energy and you will likely lose your appetite and end up skipping quite a bit of meals or just start doing intermittent fasting and has a 8 hr or smaller eating window
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #130  

Hi everyone - I was up 3.5# at my Tops weigh in, so wasn't too happy with myself. So back on track since Monday and really going to get serious about this.
Thanks everyone for all the information you are posting, and all the tips that have helped you. I am still new and learning as I go, but I do know too many carbs make
the scale go up.

I read a phrase which I liked so thought I would share. It is "Day One or One Day" the choice is yours!

Have a good Wednesday, Gail
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #131  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Hey everyone I was distracted and off plan last week...it was Thanksgiving, my birthday and I had a house guest for the week, so while I started out with good intentions, by the end of the week I was really running amok with my eating and choices.

It all came off fairly quickly...like about 5 lbs in the last 3 days, but I am a bit sad that I wasted that week, plus these three days to get back to where I started in October. Anyway, it's not a race, and I'm fully back on plan now. I hope you're all doing well.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #132  

I'm back on keto as of yesterday, after trying to do Intuitive eating for some time... The weight gain and the pain in my feet, knees and lower back is just not worth it. Keto kept that inflammation in check, and I have to remember that the next time I want to go off keto. Anyway, starting over! Hi ladies.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #133  

Speaking of Thanksgiving, does anyone have ideas for keto Thanksgiving dishes? America's Thanksgiving will be next month, and I'm trying to come up with things I can eat. I am the only one in my family doing keto, so the struggle is real. I know there's turkey, I can skip the stuffing and just make enough for the rest of the family to eat. I could make cauliflower mashed "potatoes" (made with dubliner cheese, it's really good!), green beans... Maybe some olives? I was thinking I could get away with a small sweet potato with keto sweetener and cinnamon... But I'll have to check the nutrition facts, that might have too many net carbs. And for dessert I was planning on making a keto pumpkin spice mug cake with cream cheese frosting.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:56 AM   #134  

Or maybe when there's a holiday you just go off keto and eat the same stuff as everyone else? What do you ladies do?
Old 10-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #135  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

NFTM17 -- I saw a lot of keto Thanksgiving ideas on pinterest...my favourites were mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes, and stuffing made from fathead dough bread I'm still recovering from my Thanksgiving mishaps, I lost the extra weight quickly, but I've been stalled for a week since. I hope you do better, good luck!

Hello to everyone else
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote