Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #31  

Yesterday I did not do well at all. I started off well, I had bacon and eggs for breakfast with coffee with cream but no sugar. And then at work, my coworker offered me a chocolate covered espresso bean. I had one, to be polite. Then my other co-worker offered me and my other co-worker free donuts and it all went downhill from there. So I ended up having pizza and ice cream and candy and ugh. Today I hope to do better. I need to work on my willpower.

Eating the donut upset my stomach so I don't know why I went all crazy with the food. I think I just figured I messed it up today, might as well mess up the rest of the day and start over tomorrow. Tomorrow now being today.

Last edited by NFTM17; 09-06-2017 at 01:04 PM.
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #32  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I’m feeling good today…I’m a daily weigher, and lost today (-1.2), I know that doesn’t work for everyone, but I am a control freak and just like to know. I was worried because I had a glass of red wine last night, but I was still within my carbs range and it didn’t hit me on the scale today. Being a daily weigher, I have to be very objective about the number on the scale, I know weightloss is not linear, so if my efforts today don’t show up in the next day or two I try to take it in stride. If I’ve been POP (perfectly on plan) then I know I’m making good choices, and the weightloss will follow when my body is ready.

Gail – I’m glad you got the cupboards cleaned out. I love that Keto is fairly easy to adapt…whenever I see something I crave, I just google the keto version of it, and I can usually find something that will fill that need. Tonight is taco salad for us, yum!

NFTM17 – Stay strong! You have a little guy, and so do I, although mine is 12 now…but sometimes when I can’t find all the motivation I need I tell myself that being at a healthy weight will likely give me more time with him in the long run. I used the same logic to quit smoking (non smokers live 9 years longer on average). Anyway, you know what works for you, just sharing what works for me in case you can relate.

MrsMcMuffins – Exactly, coming back to what’s really important when you feel like you need a fix right now, that’s what I have to do too. It’s a habit you have to work on and learn for sure. Eating keto I actually find I have more engery than I had in the weeks before. I don’t know if that’s all about the diet, or also a happy outcome of deciding to take charge and do something about my weight.

Faaizans – Just looking for some others who are doing keto as well to share struggles and victories …I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions and look to leverage other peoples’ experience as I continue.

Bandit – Congratulations on a great day 1!!

Last edited by Angie; 09-07-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #33  

Today went a lot better. I stayed on track with my food and I'm not feeling like I want to binge eat a bunch of junk. So hopefully tomorrow I'll be in ketosis and will show a little drop on the scale.

Angie, great job! 1.2 pounds is pretty significant. I tend to weigh every day, too. The only time I don't like weighing myself is when it's around my period, but usually afterwards there's a larger drop.

Last edited by NFTM17; 09-06-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #34  
It's mine for the taking

Glad to hear things are going better NFTM17!

I gained back that 1.2 lbs today, exactly the same amount i lost. I imagine it had something to do with our dinner out last night, but I'm not sweating it, it will go again soon.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #35  

Hmm. Even though I did well yesterday, I gained exactly one pound on the scale today. So I am up to 181.6. I'm not sure how that happened. Maybe I'm not in ketosis yet and my body is hanging on to water. I'm not going to stress about it though. Just keep looking forward and eventually it will come off.

I do think that maybe I overdid it on nuts yesterday, though. One package of cashews had 18 net carbs, and I had that for lunch, along with a pepperoni stick, 3 carbs, and two ounces of cheese at 1 carb each... But then I also had a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing for dinner, and I'm guessing that the whole day put me around 35-40 net carbs. I know most people need to be at 20 net carbs, so I'm going to aim for that number today and see what happens tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #36  
Create Your Motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
Hmm. Even though I did well yesterday, I gained exactly one pound on the scale today. So I am up to 181.6. I'm not sure how that happened. Maybe I'm not in ketosis yet and my body is hanging on to water. I'm not going to stress about it though. Just keep looking forward and eventually it will come off.
I apologize, if I missed something in your progress in this thread, which could change my opinion and thoughts here.

The body does not AND WILL NOT, stay exactly the same weight everyday.

Though the body tries to perform Homeostasis (tries to stay the same), there are to many variables to which effect one's weight each day (other than what they have eaten that day or the day before) for this to happen-though this does effect it

For example, you get up on a Wednesday, and weigh yourself (after 8 hours sleep, and in underwear), and it says (for example), 152.

The next day, Thursday, at the same time (and after sleeping 8 hours, again), and with comparable cloths, and it says: 153.3.

The difference (without knowing eating habits), could be urine in the bladder and feces in the bowel, and not even related to what a person has eaten.

If one marries the scale each day, they will marry confusion and stress, unless they know what they are looking at (and know there personal history real well), and understand body trends.

In my opinion, its best to weigh one's self at the SAME TIMES when they have a scheduled weigh, preferably in the AM (or when just getting up). Do not do this during the course of the day (as foods, and fluids will add..to this morning weight): This is not the true weight, but it will add weight and just cause confusion.

In the AM is what I call a person DRY: One hasn't had fluids or food for many hours, and the body hasn't been manipulated by consumption of fluids and/or food (which is the main cause of the body increasing a NORMAL few pounds during the course of the day).

One should where the same or similar clothing as well (if any). Over time, the BASE (the morning weigh) will drop, and the top end (weigh at the same time later in the day), will lower, if one is in a deficit to lose weight. Keeping things equal.

I would suggest, picking one to two days in the week to weigh yourself. Have this be at the same time, and with the same clothing. Any more questions please ask!

ROCK ON! keep on rolling to your goal!

Chillen

Last edited by Chillen; 09-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #37  
It's mine for the taking

Thanks for sharing Chillen . Are you following a ketogenic way of eating?

Nftm17 -- I'm definitely in ketosis (I've got pee sticks), and I'm fairly certain I'm fat-adapted, but I gained too. Personally I find I have to stay around 20-25g net carbs to lose...but if I'm over that one day I don't worry too much, I figure this will be a long journey.

Last edited by Angie; 09-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #38  

I always weigh myself in the morning, butt-naked, and after using the loo so I have a good morning pee. But I am not going to worry about the weight gain too much. I'm sure that as long as I stick with it, the weight will come off. Slowly but surely.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

yeah, I do an adapted keto where I don't count grams of carbs but use myfitnesspal to calculate my percentage of macros based on what I eat that day. I try to get close to 40g of carbs but no more than 50. Sometimes if you don't get enough carbs you'll lose hair. I don't wanna risk it and in the last 2 mos have lost about 20lbs eating amazing yummy food (that i used to feel guilty about eating). I luckily never had a sweet tooth, but just like anything it takes a while to adapt since sugar is so addictive. after 2-3 wks, my minimal sweet tooth is now pretty much non existent. If I craving something sweet I go for a diet coke, but in the last 2 mos of me being keto, I've had 1 can of diet coke.

Last edited by kiwi1222; 09-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

kiwi: That's awesome! I'm sooo happy for you -I know you were stuck in a plateau for a long time. I'm thinking of shifting to a more keto way for maintenance. Would you mind sharing a typical day? I would love to get some ideas!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - sounds like you are all doing well.

I was counting my carbs as per labels, but I think I should be taking carbs minus fiber = net carbs?
Is this what you do (don't want to sound silly, but this is all new & have been reading things here & there)
Yesterday I had 35 carbs but didn't subtract anything for fiber.

Since Tues I am down 4.6# which I am thrilled with.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #42  

Gail, I count net carbs, which is carbs - fiber. You can also do carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols, which tend to be used as sweeteners in sugar free products like sugar free maple syrup and sugar free candies. Just watch out for Maltitol, it can really mess with your stomach, giving you gas and intestinal cramps and make you run to the bathroom.

I'm from 181.6 down to 179.8, yay!

Something I've noticed with keto is that when I'm in ketosis, a lot of the aches and pains that I have in my knees, feet, back and elbows go away. I work in a grocery store and I'm on my feet all day long, so it's really nice to be able to get out of bed and not be limping around for the first 15 minutes of the morning.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi thank for the information.

That would be great if Keto helped my knees. Somedays they are OK, but other times get sore. I try to walk
everyday which helps.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #44  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, great to see we're all staying the course. I wrote a big long email with individual congrats then as I hit post my internet died and I lost the thing!!
Just wanted to add though that I also count net carbs and weigh in butt naked!!! Every pound counts
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #45  

I'm down to 178.8 this morning, another pound. Yay! And that's after I indulged in an entire pint of strawberry Halo Top ice cream. I'm so glad that there are companies out there that are starting to make more products for people who are trying to eat low carb.