Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #61  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! I've been busy the last couple of days, and I gained a pound today, but I'd been losing steadily for about a week, so I guess that's not so bad.

Ronja -- I track calories because, unlike most keto folks, I never forget to eat, and I have to have a limit

Kiwi -- I felt the same way when I decided to try keto, I'd gained some weight...on top of the weight i'd already gained, and said eff it too...I'll give it a try. I love it too.

MrsMcsMuffins -- Good job on your fast!

NFTM17 -- It's harder for me when I can't have stuff too. Tomorrow I'm going to a family pot luck lunch thing so I've decided to bring stuff that I can eat. I'm making a cheese plate for an appetizer, and key lime cheesecake tarts for dessert....all keto. You can buy pumpkin spice and make yourself little pumpkin cheesecake treats
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:42 AM   #62  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Angie. I'm going to do it once a month to prevent loose skin and tone up my mommy tummy...
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #63  
It's mine for the taking

Ugh...my plan for the family dinner yesterday didn't work out. For the first time ever I ate something off-plan (non-keto)...I ate about 10 scoops tortillas (to scoop some 7 layer dip) and 3 popcorn chip things. Not a lot, but enough to fill me with regret as I drove home...I should have brought celery. Anyway, I got off lucky and I still had a loss today and when I tested, I was still burning ketones...lucky!

MrsMcsMuffins -- I didn't realize that toning was a benefit of fasting, now I'll have to try it!
Old 09-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - been busy up here with all the nice weather, went up to the lake for the weekend & got in lots of walking & swimming.

Stayed on keto for the most part except for yesterday. Was a rough one & felt so guilty afterwards. Had a homemade pumpkin muffin which my dd loves & asked me to make & then later I had 2 cookies. So must have been having a sweet craving.
Been totally back on track today.

All - hope you all get back on track & keep up the good work.

Tonight am going to make "spicey cauliflower" which seems simple enough.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:06 AM   #65  
Keto Warrior

Hi everyone Yes Angie, I fasted not for weight loss but for autophagy. You can google fasting and autophagy, Dr Jason Fung is a good source of info on it. Basically during a fast the body starts to hunt for old damaged proteins that it can break down into amino acids to 'eat' during the fast. Loose skin is just damaged protein so it's up for grabs to be eaten during a fast.
Oh, forgot to add...it has to be a 'proper' fast - water and black tea or coffee only. Less than 3g of protein in your food will stop autophagy so no splashes of milk in your coffee!

Last edited by MrsMcsMuffins; 09-19-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Adding about protein
Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 AM   #66  
Keto Warrior

NFTM17 - just found something I think might be perfect for you Pumpkin chai low carb muffins if anyone's interested...
https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/201...uten-free.html

Last edited by MrsMcsMuffins; 09-20-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Awesome work on the fast McsMuffins. I do sort of keep track of calories but not as strictly as I did when I was just counting calories and nothing else but doing what I thought was right. I used to stay at 1200-1300 per day pre keto. I was hungry and not losing weight. Now that I am keto my daily meal plans are anywhere between 1000-1900. I try to stay at around 1500-1600 to be balanced. I am way more interested in my macros though. Things high in fat are generally gonna be higher in cals so for me to eat enough fat my cals are gonna go up. It's funny about the post that started a 48hr fast and turned into 72 hrs..... I was just listening to a podcast regarding keto stuff and the speaker was talking about how they never have a feeling of hunger and so its easy to eat more intuitively. OK OK OK OK OK.....so here's the thing, Im greedy! LMAO. In the last year I have started to have my brain try to talk to my body when its full so that I push away but when food is good, sometimes its hard to not just stuff yourself. Because of this, I am grateful for alternate day fasting because I could definitely skip not only a meal but a few days of eating. The problem is that if its not in my schedule I will eat something in the morning bc for the last 35 years of my life, I have been conditioned to eating breakfast and then in midday eating lunch(even if im not hungry) and then in the evening eating dinner (EVEN IF IM NOT HUNGRYYYYY). As I was cooking my dinner tonight, I was shaking my head bc I was thinking, I'm not even hungry but everything in my head is saying "its dinner time."About half way through my plate I was like, I'm full....but it was good and I kept eating. While there was a 1/3 of my plate still full I forced myself to stop and listen to my body. The stupid thing is that I still wanted to pick at it. Either way, I'm happy that I only ate 2/3 of my plate....I really could've skipped dinner tonight though...hahaha. Tomorrow is a fasting day so I usually do anywahere from 16-19 hrs, but I might seriously go 24 or more tomorrow bc I think my tummy can use a break. This is my dilemma of practicing a keto diet, but still being in a sugar burner mindset.

Oh and to answer somebody's(NFTM17 i think) question before regarding how much chicken I put on my salad....probably anywhere from 2-4 ounces (depending on what else is in the salad)
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #68  
It's mine for the taking

Bandit2 - Are you aware of the Keto Canada Eh facebook group? It's a great resource for ideas on food or supplements or whatever, that you can find in Canada. I'm on there (same profile pic).

MrsMcsMuffins - Thanks, I will look that up!

Kiwi1222 - I'm a habitual eater too. I've at least managed to break the lifelong habit of toast or a bagel for breakfast. I don't think breakfast would be the meal I would choose to skip, it would be easier for me to have a later lunch or an early dinner and then wait until breakfast again the next day. The challenge I find is that I have a 12 yo son who thinks he's fat (he's not) and I don't want him to notice that I'm skipping meals, since I've been telling him that he should not do the same. I'll figure that out soon enough though...

I was so excited to get below 250 yesterday (249.6) but I bounced up to 250.0 today...not a big deal, it happens, and since my period decided to show its unwelcome face for the first time since starting keto, it's not really a surprise. Still trucking away on plan. I thought I'd share my menu when I check in here, and I welcome anyone else to do the same, I love getting new ideas.

Breakfast: coffee, keto chicken tender
Lunch: beef tenderloin, mushrooms, broccoli
Dinner: not sure -- may skip dinner
Old 09-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #69  

Yeah, I am sure its tough when you have to be a good example for your kids and what we are doing doesn't always seem so normal: ie skipping meals etc. All I can say is just remember how you speak to yourself bc kids pick up on that and they do the same to themselves. You menu looks good today. I understand the annoyance with wt fluctuations. I am on a daily weigh in thread in the 30 somethings page and my weight this month has ben crazy up and down between 220 and 228. I am sick though so the cobo medicine and water retention is super annoying
Old 09-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #70  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello...

I am a KETO-ER. I have been keto since Feb 11,2017 -7 mos with NO cheats. I went from 194.2 to 160 in about 4 months (34 or so lbs). I have maintained since. I would like to lost another lb just so I can say I am in the 150's and 35 lbs down. I am 5'9" tall. I love this way of eating, I have never felt so good. Aches and pains are minimal now. My daily menu is something like this...

Breakfast

BPC in the morning with 16oz coffee, 1 T each of Coconut oil, Real butter (not necessarily Kerry Gold), HWC. I add a packet of gelatin (no flavor), this seems to help with joints. I also sometimes add vanilla for a switch up. No sweetners.

Lunch

Either fast (not hungry cause of BPC) or a small salad with keto veggies and full fat ranch dressing.

Dinner

Meat, whatever I am preparing for fam or whatever keto recipe I am preparing family eats and loves usually
Keto veggies
Usually a couple pieces of cheese while preparing dinner to hold me over.
Water or tea

I drink green tea throughout the day.

I am a lazy Keto-er. I have NEVER counted my macros. Or counted my net carbs. As I never usually seem to get there if I look back on my day.

I don't drink my water like I should.

We all know what to avoid if possible. Too much cheese. Too much sweetners. Or too many berries. All can be stallers for me.

I have made a ton of keto recipes. My family loves them.

Bacon cheeseburger casserole
Mississippi Beef roast, have also done a pork roast and chicken this way. YUM
Chicken cordon Bleu
Butter makes your pants fall off CHILI
Eggroll bowl
Strawberry cheesecake
Fried chicken
Fried pork chops
Fried radishes (love these so does fam)
Beef stew

I have made fat bombs once or twice. Too delish and over ate them. Probably won't be making them too often.

I snacked a lot of BBQ pork rinds in the beginning. Not so much now, the fun wore off.

If I need a snack I chose a couple of string cheese, regular cheese, keto veggie, few nuts, or mozzarella topped with a pepperoni slice baked in the oven til crispy. These two can be addicting. I also do cheese and jalapenos in the oven. These make a chippy kind of thing. Crunch.

No exercising, I hate it, have never done and probably won't. I walk some but that is about it.

Thanks for letting me share.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #71  

Please tell me more about this butter will make your pants fall off chili....
I need to make this just I can say the name when people ask me what it is. HAHAHa
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning everyone

Angie - will check out the Canadian keto site for sure. How about our weather? Unbelievable for us - but loving it!

Kiwi - I recently seen this Butter Bob as well. He is on youtube Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off & has posted some of this recipes.
I made the chicken fried in lard & was really good. Check him out.

Annie - thanks for posting your meal plan, really nice to have some ideas as to what others are doing.

All - I was down another 1.5# this week so total of 5.5# in past 2 weeks since starting keto seriously. I belong to Tops up here and get officially weighed weekly.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #73  
It's mine for the taking

I'm gaining this week, but still on plan..just a couple of ounces each day, but it's annoying! I have my period for the first time since starting keto, and I'm sick too, so I'm not worrying about it....just carrying on.

Hi Annie . I'd like to know more about that chili too please! Congratulations on your success. I hate exercise too...only walking at a comfortable pace, swimming for fun, but no gym or aerobic type stuff for me.

Bandit -- It's so stinking hot! I'm really ready for fall, I'm tired of frizzy hair and clammy air. Congratulations on your losses so far!!
Old 09-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #74  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I was curious about that Butter makes your pants fall off CHILI, as well, so I went ahead and googled it... hope y'all don't think I'm meddling with things...

There's a whole website called: butter makes your pants fall off... LOL doesn't look like the web site is up kept the last few years, but the information is all there. The duded lost 145 lbs. And butter is his secret. The chili recipe is there. I don't cook much, or claim to be a good one at that. But it seems its secret is keeping some of the ground beef's grease and putting it back into the chili.
http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfallo...-famous-chili/

Last edited by LittleBlueCat; 09-23-2017 at 01:42 PM.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Hey guys glad to see there is a little group of keto chicks here. I have been working on keto and fasting the past month. The fasting came first, but when I went off fast a large percentage of the weight would come back and my ankles would go back to a swollen mess. So I saw a lot of info with keto and intermittent fasting together. Both encourage ketosis and growth hormone production, so I am going for it.

Fasting is pretty easy for me, because I tend to be a meal misser. The longest fast on purpose has been 3 days. It has helped my a1c, cholesterol levels, and ect. Thyroid levels are still leveled out with the medicine I am taking. And that was while I was on a regular healthy diet. Since I have added keto, my ankles do not swell when I go back to eating. That's a good thing because they had been swelling to painful levels. I have to work on eating enough calories when eating because I tend to not eat enough, which isn't good depending on the the calculator I use it's between 2200-2700. I usually eat around 1500-1700.

I know I have a lot of weight to lose fasting maybe helping with skin is awesome. I saw a YouTube video where a lady talked about her lack of loose skin.https://youtu.be/i74Y4pVaER0 She states that her doctor has even said the reason she doesn't have as much loose skin is because she has been so strict on her sugars/carbs.

Last edited by qtkitty; 09-23-2017 at 01:26 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote