Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #91  

Height: 5'1"

Default Day Nine!!

Boy time flys doesn't it?? Already on day 9 for me. Feels like I just started.

I did VERY well with my water today. I drank 80oz so far today!! Hurray!! Been busy moving stuff out of my old house and cleaning it up. So I've been sweating like crazy. Drinking the water was easy today. Wish I could say it was easy EVERYDAY!!

Michireiko- Good luck on the Vegan diet. I think that would be the hardest thing for me to try... even if it was doctors orders. I like your "cheat" day you have saved. Thanksgiving is such a great time to eat isn't it?? Why do families have to make sooo much GOOD foods??

Lisa- I see you're doing great with the water too. Are you having to get up in the middle of the night?? When I started I was having to more than once, but I believe my body is liking what I'm doing and I've gotten used to it!! I'm liking it quite a bit.

Redballoon- Good luck with day 9!! Is your challenge to stay away from sweets?? How are can that be?? That would be tough for me. But everything is tough for me, so I guess I should say I couldn't do it without trying... right?

Well I hope everyone is doing great with there challenge. And Hi to all that I missed. (sorry) Gotta get used to all who is here,, which is a lot. And that's great!!!

Talk with you all tomorrow.
Marti

p.s. Redballoon- I looked at my eyes and just saw them scowling back at me.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:14 PM   #92  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all
well I succeeded with day 9, I walked over two hours (6.5 miles) for my 30 minutes of exercise. Tomorrow is weigh in and even with all my exercise, I know I've gained weight Hope you're all well.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Good job with the days! It's good to see you all going strong! Not too much longer

Wow 6.5 miles... I would have died on mile 2! Don't worry - if you gain and have been exercising, it's probably muscle gain ^_^

And everyone - keep it up with the water!! It's such a good thing to do for yourself
Old 09-12-2003, 06:15 AM   #94  
deleted2

Just passing thru! Off to work, I'll be cooking, arranging, serving food all day. Have a group there from 8:00--5:00 and they'll want food available all day. Send up a thought for me to avoid mindless nibbling, please.

Old 09-12-2003, 07:15 AM   #95  

Kudos to you Girl! Jumping right back in is the best thing to do! Be very proud of yourself!

Keep Smilin'
Lisa
Old 09-12-2003, 08:49 AM   #96  

Ok, I'm gonna do 2 things at once.

1. be a little nicer to my vegan diet.
2. stop cussing.

I think number 2 will flop, but can't hurt to try!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #97  

Hiya M.N.J.! Yes I do have to get up several times at night, but I have been drinking my water so early in the day it's down to just once lately. Yesterday I was done by 5pm. Today is going a little slower I think, so far I have drank 24 ounces of that fruit2o. I like that a lot!Good job on day nine M.N.J.!

Michireiko- Good luck on tackling two things at once! I am a whimp so I'm just starting out slowly with just this water thing.

Have a great day everybody!
Lisa
Old 09-12-2003, 12:09 PM   #98  

Day 8 --- Success!! I'm journaling and exercising. You guys are all doing great! I read every post and find them a source of encouragement.

Have a great day!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:52 PM   #99  

Thumbs up

Ok... So far, my first goal of not chowing down on a cow has been a success. But my other one... It's also been a success but I want to scream a long string of explitives...

Last night, my mom asked if I could pick her up from work and let her borrow my car. I said sure because I love my mommy. Well she called me and told me she was ready, so when I went outside, there was a semi truck parked in front of my driveway!!!! So I called my mom and told her, and she got really upset because she needed to be to my step brothers school... thing. Anyway, she called the police and within 5 minutes, the truck was moved so I sped to the bank to pick mom up... AND SHE WASN'T THERE!! She took someone elses car and didn't even tell me

Last edited by michireiko; 09-12-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:27 PM   #100  

Hi everybody! I followed Lisa and Michireiko over from our other thread, thought this might be a good place for me to get myself on track. I had previously tried another challenge board, but those girls were all so advanced, it was a little intimidating to even think about keeping up.I have a bad habit of jumping in all gung ho and then getting disgusted or bored after a couple of weeks. I want to make small changes this time that will last, so that I can find long-term lasting success, instead of the doing the yo-yo thing over and over again.

So my 21 day challenge to myself is:
1) Get a minimum of 64oz water down every day
2) Stop expecting overnight perfection
3) Do at least 20 mins of exercise daily

Challenge Begins: September 12,2003
21st Day: October 3, 2003
Old 09-12-2003, 10:15 PM   #101  

You have great goals Darken! I totally understand what you mean by jumping in and then expecting perfection instantly! I've learned to look at it this way - I didn't get fat over night even though it seemed that way, so I won't get skinny over night, but someday I might be able to say it seemed that way!

I haven't cussed! I haven't eaten meat! YAY! Day one was a success!!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #102  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry Nearly halfway!

Hello there all. I've been so busy I haven't gotten time to get many posts written but I'm reading all of yours and wishing you the best all along. I've made it to Day 10 and feel pretty strong about it now that I'm over some of the rougher spots of this past week.

Hey michireiko, How are you doing? What day are you on with your challenge? I'm a little confused as to how you're gauging your challenge and countdown. The best way to make this challenge work is by keeping the rules sweet and simple. So tell us a number, OK. And then we can root for you!! I love your writing style by the way, ''chowing down on a cow'' Great way of putting it! Oh, and, ok, you're not Japanese but you've got it listed in your profile as an interest. C'mon, mystery person, clue us in on your enigmatic personality!!

friendsoffitness, Thanks for all your supportive posts. You sound like a real sweetie and I'm so glad you joined us. What day are you on? I'm sorry I've lost track.

M.N.J, to you for making it to Day 9! Nine is fine! Yes, my challenge (this is my third) have been based on eating NO sugar or sweetener (except the little bit I allow, sweetener that is, in a bit of sugarless chewing gum). It can be tough at times but the benefits are fantastic. The fat has always centered around my waist (where it should be!) and now it's leaving it. I think I'm one of these insulin resistant types or whatever they're called. If I have just a little bit of sugar I become like a rolling boulder crashing down a hill picking up moss or whatever it is rolling boulders pick up. Cravings disappear if I stay totally away from it, including all sorts of lurking, added sugars in sauces, dressings, breads, etc. And I also don't eat honey or brown sugar because it tends to be processed as well.

DewCan, Congrats to you for Day 9. Two hours of walking! Wow! Don't take any scale reading to heart though. Even if the scale says higher you have no doubt lost fat or are about to lose it. The body needs time to adjust and get the fat out of your system. It may be on its way out but just is still in there (like a traffic jam on the expressway exit ramp) and that still weighs something. Don't be discouraged. Slow and steady! No panic, OK?!

Eydie, I am sending you waves of powerful energy to keep you IN CONTROL in moments when temptation is strong! You have been doing so well. Keep it up, OK!

And FunAt2d has made it to 8! Great for Eight! I'm glad we're all encouraging you Fun. You are our encouragement so don't forget to be here for us, too, OK?

Welcome Darken, with your three-way challenge. I like the not expecting perfection part too. So much of it is mindset! Power to you! Oh, and heh, this is a great place to start AND a great place to continue. Advanced! Schmantz! It's the same simple decisions we need to make over and over again. They don't necessarily get easier. They may become a habit but it's just about consistency and keeping it going! You are in the right place!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-12-2003 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:48 PM   #103  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

michireiko, You and I must have been posting at the same time and I missed you. OK, you've answered my question. You are on Day 1. Keep it up!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:35 PM   #104  

As a snack, I am having celery and carrots. It's pretty good! I didn't know being healthy could be.... GOOD!

Thank you, redballoon, for complementing my writing style. I'm on page 173 of the book I've been writing since May of 2002 I hope to have it published someday!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:47 PM   #105  

Height: 5'1"

Default Day 10

Day 10 and almost at the half way point. Doing pretty good. It was hot out today and I did a lot of yard work. My arms will be sore tomorrow.

I drank my 80oz. and a little more. Doing pretty darned good. Next weekend is my weigh in (I weigh in twice a month) and I'm looking forward to seeing if it has budged or not!! Let's hope so.

Anyway,, I noticed that it said this was the last page... does that mean we have to start another thread??? I always get confused, especially when I see others with many pages!

I would chat more but I need to get going. Just wanted to update you all.

Good luck ladies!!! We're all doing FANTASTIC!!! And just to let you know, you are all helping me keep motivated!!

Marti
Closed Thread