Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:55 AM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Alright! This place is bouncin'! I love seeing so many here, and lots of new faces too. Great! Thank you all for joining up. It makes it so much more fun when lots of people are doing this thing together!

Hotsplashes, good to see you back with us. Didn't know if you were going to make the leap between threads! OK, DAY 3. Isn't it just amazing the way WHAT you eat makes such a difference? I think, at least when I was growing up (and still in the States, that everything was about the almighty calorie. There was a book written I think in the 60s that was called "Calories Don't Count" but it soon faded from sight. I think that was the predecessor of all the low-carb diets. Well, I really think that processed foods, flours, grains and sugar is what does us in and yet the big businesses keep things pretty hush on a lot of things. It's like smoking used to be. Smoking was not considered bad for you! Do you remember those days? Maybe you're too young. Actually, I don't remember them but I do remember when the big kick toward NOT smoking started.

And Bo-Beena, with one of my favorite handles, good to see you too. You're almost there! Doesn't the motivation just kick in though when the numbers get high? It's great and why I love this challenge so much! I tell people trying to push "just a little bit of sugar" on me that no, I'm staying away from it and they ask "Why" and I just say, "Because I'm doing this challenge that says I'm not going to touch the stuff for 21 days and I'm just not going to eat it" and they seem convinced. Actually, they probably just think I'm ripe for the loony bin but don't want to say anything!

Oh, by the way, Bo-Beena, thanks for saying not to stay away too long. I may make this the first day but I'm not sure yet. Probably so, just don't want to commit just yet. I haven't had any sugar today and oh, my, yesterday did I ever pig out on it! It felt great but I too looked like a balloon, yes, and now with some sunburn from this morning, my face truly looks like a red balloon!! Well, actually the bloating is pretty well gone but that sugar really puffs you up!

And a BIG WELCOME to cat lover PyePye9!! You are a cat lover, aren't you? I think I read that somwhere. Your challenge sounds VERY ambitious but I think you can do it. When I first came to Tokyo I had been a sloth for years (though I was a very active kid and teen. I started losing weight at last and I did it by walking. I was so out of shape that my arms would hurt the next day just from swinging them as I walked! Well, good luck to you and remember, we're all waiting here to hear you come in and say, "Hello! I've made it through another day. I walked for 2 hours!"

By the way, I had a cat named Pi. I called him that because he had a twisted leg as a kitten when I found him. Eventually, miraculously, it straightened out. I massaged it a lot and kept sending him healing energy! I named him Pi from the mathematical sign for infinity as a prayer he would go on and on safely. Also he was black and white like a piebald horse. Sadly I found hi dead in the street a couple years ago though there wasn't a mark on him. I still have his brother and sister. They were all strays in the neighborhood who I took in. I have 3 others too.

And FunATA2d, OK, you are ON! It's going to be writing is it? OK, write on, you! And floor exercises daily. Another ambitious entrant! Power to you!

WOW, we have yet another new face! So good to see you, M.N.J.! Lots of water every day. 8 glasses. Ok, you can do it. Do you drink just tap water, or mineral water, sparkling? Keep it up! I keep water next to me all the time at work and just drink it in moments of boredom, which are OFTEN!!

palemoonnight, with the beautiful name, is registering in a successful DAY 1! Good going! The first days are the hardest so give yourself a big pat on the back. That was an awesome save on the walk. When I read your post I got shivers. It was inspiring!
Okay, and last but not least we have DewCan tallying a successful three-way challenging Day 1. Great stuff!

Keep it up all!! Bye for now.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:30 AM   #17  
deleted2

Going into Day 8!

It's great to see so many new people, and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

My challenge today is getting thru a reception at work [I'm a cook!] and having a talk with a co-worker. Always a little stressful...but I'm determined to get thru it without turning to emotional eating.

palemoonlight, I was inspired also, by your bold save on the walk!

Old 09-04-2003, 08:30 AM   #18  
Never give up

Smile you can do it!

Eydie, you can do it! Day 8 is just one day before so keep it going. I am the worst with anxiety ridden talks and will eat like it is going to help make it better. Tonight I was thinking of that very thing. Just what does eating change, really?!!? Nothing, absolutely nothing (was that James Brown?)

Well, power to you Eydie.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-04-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

WElcome to all the new folks!!! I have just done my weigh in today and am down a pound...a pound is better than maintaining and maintaining is better than Gaining!!

All these wonderful and ambitious people!! We can do this LAdies!! Yes we Can!!! My goal by Day 21 is to be below 180. I am on day 4 right now...so I still have 17 days to lose at least 3lbs.

Redballoon, you are soooo inspiring!! Keep up the awesome work. Yes the calorie thing here in NA is rediculous. My brother lived in Okinawa for years and became Macrobiotic or ate of the Shoku Yoto? style? Ate tons, lost mass amounts of weights. I too was a complete vegan for years and was incredibly thin...just not incredibly healthy...my body couldn't handle all the carbs...but I did lose weight. This time I'm following Dr.s orders and can see a big change in my health.

Good luck ladies and see you later!!! Keep all the good LOSING ladies!!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #20  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!! I'm pretty new here but I'd love to join! My goal is for 21 days to do at least 15 situps and a few pushups! (i can only pull off maybe 3-5..... im a weakling.. lol)

and of course work out on the exercise bike and walker!!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #21  
deleted2

Thanks for the kind words, RedBalloon. I made it thru the day, bearely. I must admit that I had a few cookies but I'm still staying within my 1500-calorie budget and am still calling the day a success. Also, I walked 7 [!] miles on the treadmill, just so in my mind I feel like I walked them off. Okay, I know that's alittle compulsive---don't scold me!

Hotsplashes, could you give us some info on your diet? Sounds interesting---I always like to hear what works for different folks.

Welcome, xDas7x!!! I've gotta tell you, I love that little bobbing floating creature under your name!

Old 09-05-2003, 12:41 AM   #22  
Never give up

Smile movin' right along

Well, I'm on Day 2 here. I did start yesterday after all. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to still pig out on sugar but I didn't. Everytime I thought I would I just thought, ''What for? It's not that great. I could be starting another block on the 21-day challenge instead of putting it off yet again!!'' And so, doing that all day long, I got through the day and then it was late and I went to bed. And, that's the rest of the story! So, I'm doing it again. No sugar at all for 21 days. I'm not adding anything to my challenge at this point. I AM going to be doing some other things as a test run, like counting calories and staying below 2,000 but I don't want to make that a challenge yet as I'm not used to it and the planning it's going to involve.

OK, let's give a big hand to Eydie for another day tallied. What does that make it, by the way? Give me a number. Oh, wait, I remember it's floating time. Eydie is currently on Way to go!
Oh, and, 7 miles on the treadmill. WOW!

to you Hotsplashes for yet another pound gone, poof! You bet it's the best thing going! Four down, you're on you way. You'll vanquish those 3 pounds in no time for sure.

WELCOME, xDas7x, new is great. Come on down! So you're going to shake that booty for your challenge. OK! Let's rock. Situps and pushups, oh my, and biking and walking. Good luck! And I too find that little creature bobbing and flapping under your name very intersting! It's an angel kitten! with a . . red balloon! Majorily weird, but cool. In fact, it looks like something you'd find here in Japan, The Land of Weird! (and I can say that. I've been here for 20 years! Now, who's weird?!!?)

OK, everyone out there doing this challenge. Good luck in your efforts and we all hope to hear from you soon. Bye for now!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:54 AM   #23  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, sounds like all are doing well. I've succeeded today. Water=day2, exercise=day2, situps=day2. Wish you all luck on your bigger day number tomorrow.
Diana
Old 09-05-2003, 05:04 AM   #24  
Never give up

Smile DewCan can do!

to DewCan for a successful Day 2. Good for you! Slowly but surely you are counting down to 21!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:38 AM   #25  

Good morning! Yesterday - Day 1 - Success! I journaled and exercised. A party at work yesterday, lots of pizza, lots of cake. I didn't overindulge but wasn't deprived. Counted my 1 pc of pizza and I cut a very small piece of cake -- loved every bite of it. Stayed on track, too. Whoohoo!!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #26  
Gonna be strong and fit!

Default day 18!

Only have a minute this morning. I am on day 18!! Bad weekend coming up though. I have 4 parties to go to!! Yikes! I can do it!

to you all new and old 21 dayers!

BoBeena
Old 09-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #27  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey all!
Reballoon (and Im sorry the other person that mentioned it.. lol) its actually a Moogle from the Final Fantasy video games! So yes, Japan is right!! Wow I would love to see Japan one day!! Redballoon, your such a motivator! Thanks! *shakes booty!* lol!

SO far its day 2 for me and I did my 15 situps and 5 push ups!! Im so proud!! I worked out yesterday for 45mins on the walker thingy.. i didnt get to do the bike.. and I know today I wont have time for the walker or bike.. cause my schedule is hectic.. but i made time for the situps and pushups!!! im so proud!! :-D good luck to everyone else!! I love this message board.. I dont feel so alone.. its good to know we're all in this weight loss thing together, almost like a family! and i know ppl wont make fun of me here.. and i feel really good about that.. thank you all! *warm hugs*
Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 PM   #28  
deleted2

Bo-Beena, you're right about this weekend--I'm not going to sugar coat it [if you'll pardon the expression!], just think how it'll feel like a major accomplishment when you come thru it. is there something you've been putting off getting for yourself? [As long as it's not food!] Maybe reward yourself when you make it thru all the parties----you WILL make it, I know you will!

DewCan, FunAtA2d, and xDas7x, you're doing so well! And RedBalloon, I'm glad that you decided to jump back in right away.

Okay, I've got to start my workout or I can't say I've successfully ended Day 9!

Old 09-05-2003, 07:48 PM   #29  
Never give up

Smile Block 3 Day 3

Okay, I'm starting out on a Day 3 Saturday. Yesterday was tough! I went to this store that sells all this imported food and the cakes and brownies and chocolate were calling to me! But I resisted and just got some bagels (a rare treat) and some organic all-natural peanut butter and some Triscuits (no sugar, I did read the label!) So, I'm OK and heading into Day 3. This will be another tempting day but this place keeps me strong! Thanks for being here!

FunAtA2d, heh, I just understood your handle! Fun Attitude! Duh, little slow here. I love it! Congrats to you for a rockin' Day 1. Writing and exercising. Excellent work at the party! See, it's not about deprivation. It's about YOU callin' the shots! Keep it up Fun!

to Bo-Beena, a mighty 18! You are burnin' tracks in this ole challenge Be strong over the weekend. Four parties! Wow! Party maniac! Way to go!

xDas7x, I knew it! I knew it! It's a Japanese thing, that little thing under your name! I really hadn't thought it was, it just looked like it could be. I don't know anything about animated movies and video games even though I'm here. I did see "Spirited Away" though and liked it.

A big hand to you for getting through Day 1. The first days are the hardest. They really are. The numbers are low and uninspiring. But it gets better and better as you go along, and like Bo-Beena, when you're past 10 the momentum builds and helps push you along. You SHOULD be proud. Doing those situps and pushups and 45 mins on the "walker thing!" Cool! Cool! And you are NOT alone. So check in any time you need a boost. We's here for ya! Heh, where are you in the Garden State? Anywhere near Manahattan?

Eydie, veteran challenger, good luck on the weekend too. That's a good idea about finding something to reward yourself with. We turn-to-the-munchies types gotta think hard I think about what else besides food is out there for us. It's hard but there's a lot. It's a lot about habit, isnt' it?

Okay, all, good luck, good luck! Be back soon.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:31 PM   #30  

Height: 5'1"

Hello-
Sorry I didn't post yesterday.
Today is day 3 and I'm not quite getting the full 8glasses a day down, but very close. I get in 6 glasses almost 7 and then I pretty much feel like I've had enough. (maybe if I quit drinking all the lemonade!!)
But hey!!!! That's 4glasses more than what I have been taking in all summer!!! So I still feel like I'm accomplishing something here. I am still trying to get all 8 if not more (won't that be something?)
Has anyone heard of how much water your body needs? I can't seem to remember but for some reason I'm thinking that your body needs half your weight in ounces..... has anyone else heard that?
Ok. I will post tomorrow how I'm doing.
Until then!
Marti
Closed Thread