Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:59 AM   #136  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink I'm on Day 13 and it's gonna be lucky!

Good going, DewCan, You have single digit numbers left too! Just keep on with the exercise, why don't you? Otherwise you may give up on it all together. Start over on the exercise or just note the one day missed later.

michireiko, I'm going to pass on that link to some people on another thread. It was really very informative. I can imagine a lot of people don't really know how to answer when asked why they're drinking all the water. It's good to be prepared with such a well-informed answer. Knowledge is power! What's Culligan water, by the way? Mineral water I take it? From where? Or is it distilled? The Tokyo water is gross too. There's so much chlorine in it. I'm always drinking mineral water. I love French Vittel but it's a lot more than the Japanese water, which is fine, just not as nice.
M.N.J., Good luck on 13. I'm sure you'll get there. You're this far along You can do it!! And yes, I think people are doing just fine. We're missing some but maybe they'll check in. Still, we're still here and that's something!! Anybody who's missing, please come back!

friendsforfitness, A dance for day six! I'm sorry to hear about the dentist and the sore jaw! But you still drank your water. to you! This challenge is great. Like I keep saying, it's my third time around and I would never, ever, ever have stayed off sugar without this place to check in to and encourage others too. Like you said earlier, cheering others on really helps in your own efforts, doesn't it?

Last edited by redballoon; 09-16-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:10 AM   #137  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All
I succeeded with my water and situps today, so that's 13 days Thanks for the encouragement to resume my exercising. It's been so cold here the last few days that I just want to stay inside. I'll do some videos. I'll restart my exercise challenge, but it's going to be to exercise 6 days a week. I'm going to add a 15 minute ab video daily.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:55 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Yuck

Redballoon - Culligan is a big pure water company. That's all i know One thing is for sure - it's better than city water! Yuck!

So DewCan, how is the water and situps working for you? Have you seen any results? I think its a good goal

Glad to see everyone's getting to the double digits

Day one was a success! Sooooo much water >: (

Oh if there are any Ayumi Hamasaki fans, I totally suggest the song 'forgiveness'... It's very good!

I'm updated my weight loss page if anyone wants to check it out. Ta ta. (ta ta? Beat me up, please...)

Last edited by michireiko; 09-16-2003 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:42 AM   #139  
deleted2

Day 20!

I have to cut back on sugar. I noticed yesterday [with my food journal] that I'd had 3 sugary things during the day. I'm not really anti-sugar or anything, but that's too much for me. I have to be more awarer today. Good news is I stayed within my alotted 1500 calories.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #140  
Never give up

Smile Day 13 is done and gone!

DewCan gets a big for Day 13 done. Heh, why don't you join us over on the week-at-a-time challenge. It's something else I'm doing along with this one. You could do your exercise on that.

michireiko, I'm a bit confused. Are you back on Day 1? You've got a yuck symbol in the heading. Did you slip up? How do I get to your weight loss page?

Eydie, You're almost there! Day 20! Allright! The journal shows up some things, doesn't it? Sometimes I find old journals of mine from years ago and I think, what was I eating?!?!!?

Well, I've made it through Day 13. Hurrah for me!

Good luck to everyone else out there! Please check in soon!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-16-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #141  

Talking Getting back to normal

Hi all,
I'm on day 7 and it's off to a pretty good start. My jaw isn't 100% yet, but it's much better than yesterday. I like the sit ups challenge! I may imitate you on my next challenge. Everyone is doing so well YAY!!! A BIG round of applause for us!!

Have a great Day!

Lisa
Old 09-16-2003, 12:18 PM   #142  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi! I know I dropped off the planet..... sorry! Ive been busy with school and everything.... its been rather hectic.... i think im on day 10 or 11 i need to check..... but going strong none the less!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:19 PM   #143  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

sorry.. Im on DAY 12!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #144  
Never give up

Thumbs down xDas7x checks in, reports everything is A-OK!!

Good luck on Day 7, friends. Let's make it a Lucky one! Yeah, the situps are good. I can now do a lot more at the gym on abs and that was my most hated part to work on. But because I'd done a challenge that had me doing situps I got stronger and now can take it to the next level.

xDas7x, I'm glad to hear you're still with us! Didn't know what had happened to you. So glad to hear you're still doing the challenge. to you on getting to Day 12!! Way to go!

Old 09-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #145  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Day 14

Day 14.... it's getting close to 21 and my bladder isn't as upset with me as it was when I started!!!! Fantastic!!

Doing well today. Have my water down already. But my eating is terrible. I think what I've ate today is one reason why I'm drinking so much. Sheesh!! But I'll do better tomorrow. I'm already thinking of a better and healthier dinner.

Ok, I've got a question. Somewhere on the support forum... while I was browsing... someone had mentioned pumpkin parfaits. Did any of you see that too? I can't remember where I seen it, but I'm very interested in getting a recipe. It sounds good. And I wonder how "bad" it is for you. Could be a lowfat recipe, I don't know. If you know.... let me know. I will PM the person who mentioned it.

Ok ladies. Gotta get going. talk with you tomorrow.

Marti
Old 09-16-2003, 10:42 PM   #146  

Day seven was a success! Now let's hope day 8 is just as great!Congrats to M.N.J and hello and congrats to xdas7x too!

Very tired,
Lisa
PS Hi Redballoon and thanks for all your cheers!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #147  
Never give up

Smile 7 is lucky and M.N.J. on lookout for pumpkin parfait

Allright!! friendsfor fitness. Day 7 was indeed a lucky day for you! I know, I know, what's luck gotta do with it? Still, we just say that for fun! No sweat on the cheers. I love doing it!

M.N.J. , 2 weeks down, 1 short one to go! You can do it! The pumpkin parfait lady is angieMe I believe, from the weighty issues thread. PM her and ask. She's always talking about food and scrumptious-sounding things 'cause she loves to cook. I don't think it was lowfat but I'm not sure.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:55 AM   #148  

Unhappy Help "TOM" is trying to kill me!!!

I am hurting so bad today arggg! My lower back is splitting open soon I'm sure of it! Today is day 8 and water's going down a bit slow to begin with, but I'll get there. If I live. I just wanted to pop in for a good whine.

Take Care and be happy!
(unlike me)

Lisa
Old 09-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #149  
deleted2

Day 21 is half over and I think it's safe to say that I'm gonna make it unless I'm attacked by some cheesecake-wielding fiend. Hey, it could happen!

I've set a goal for myself. I started yesterday---I want to walk 35 miles between now and next Tuesday. I walked 7 miles yesterday and 4 1/2 this morning, so i've made a dent in it already.

And I'm down another pound too---at 143 lbs. now!

Old 09-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

WOW! Eydie you are doing some serious walking!!! If I were you, my legs would have fallen off That's a pretty cool goal, though

Why the back pain Lisa? If your lower back splits open... that would be pretty messy >.<

M.N.J, you'll be done with your goal soon Keep up the good work!

Li, I like those kind of surprises where you think you're not as far as you really are

I fell off the face of the planet, just like Li... Well, actually I got my sleep on the right track, and I slept all day yesterday. I stayed up from 3 PM on Monday to 1 PM on Tuesday, and got up early this morning. So, I didn't get any water down! So now I have to start over, but that's ok.

I was having chest pains again, so my doctor is gonna do some research on diets. She said I might have to crash diet because I need to get weight off me fast. She might put me on a surgery diet. She told me that the water thing was definately good, so to definately do it. Starting today:

1.) Drink 64 oz of water.
2.) Do 50 sit ups before bed.
3.) Try to write at least one page in my book per day.
4.) Dance around and lift weights before dinner.
5.) No eating after 8 PM!
6.) Go to bed by 10 PM every night.

I piled them on, and I think I can pull it off I know all of these will be good for me, so I might as well tackle them all. I need a calender!

Redballoon, the addy to my page is www.moonprism.com/malloryprogress

Here is something pretty off-subject - I'm pretty well known for my Halloween costumes, and I finally decided what I'll be this year!! www.moonprism.com/halloween if anyone is interested in seeing the plans!
Closed Thread