Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #1  

Default Help!!!!

Ive always been over weight and after having my first child i decided to finally do something about it.. hes turning 2 in September and ive lost 0.5lbs!!! I have tried pills and i go to the gym 4 times a week.. im struggling a lot with dietting. I just cant seem to control my snaking ... im looking to lose 50 lbs and just dont know what to do.
Julz.b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Losing weight is- unfortunately- 95% diet. Seriously. The first time a doctor told me "You lose weight with diet, you get fit with exercise" I thought he was insane because as a teen/early 20's person I never had a weight problem and I ate anything I wanted. But starting in my late 20's I found out he was totally right. You have to come up with a diet plan you can follow long term, and tactics to limit your snacking. As Jillian Michael's says, "You can outeat any amount of exercise" and that is absolutely true. Exercise can help you lose weight by increasing your calorie deficit, but not if you use it as an excuse to eat more.

Only you will know what diet strategy will work for you. Some people here are strict calorie counters or food weighers. And that works for them. I hate doing that, so I use portion containers and a lower carb diet (primal/paleo-ish) because carbs are my weakness. I find that my limiting my carbs (to about 100g per day) I eat more protein/fat and those foods keep me more satiated and thus I eat less calories overall.

Re snacks: Either don't snack in between meals, or plan your snacks so that you aren't going over your daily caloric goals. Either way can work. Many people do the "six small meals a day" route and lose weight. I'm a "3 meals per day" person and no snacks and that works for me. And then there are people who do intermittent fasting that might eat only one huge meal per day and fast the rest of the time (IF definitely has some scientific backing). Again, you have to find what will work for you and be sustainable. The last thing you want to do is starve yourself to the point that you binge. Then again, some people find it really rewarding to fast and then have that one huge meal. Only you know what meshes with your personality.

Don't do pills. That's not something you can keep up, and they aren't healthy.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #3  

I believe it always helps to go back to basics. In the very first place, why do you want to lose weight? For health reasons? To look better? Better quality of life? Clarify that in your mind and keep it in your heart.

Once you have, keep your eyes on the ball. When you get tempted to each something unhealthy or indulge, remember why you're trying to lose weight. It will help you control unhealthy food cravings and maintain more discipline in what you're eating.

It also helps to involve your family and friends. Ask them to give you support and remind you of your goals when you're faltering, cheer you on when you're discouraged. Some people even get their family into the program. Healthy meals for the entire family and all that. Of course, it really depends on you and your family.

Finally, you need a weight loss program that's sustainable and can be integrated into your lifestyle. It takes about a couple of months to form a habit. Once it becomes a habit, you will have an easier time (not easy, just easier) moving forward.

I invite you to get this free ebook to help you kickstart your weight loss journey.

http://asktravers.clkpfct.com/go/wwl-optin

All the best to you!

[Free] Find the Motivation to Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
http://asktravers.clkpfct.com/go/wwl-optin
Keiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 435/342/215

Height: 6'2"

I just got back on the wagon after being gone for a few years and gained back weight. I like using an app to keep track of everything I eat. Don't buy junk food. Keep your snacks as clean as possible. Lots of veggies and fruit. Good luck!
joannaspsyd is offline   Reply With Quote