Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Syckgirlsfv Happy Anniversary!

I didn't get a workout in since I was helping get things together for the cookout at the church tonight. I didn't count calories but I tried to eat in moderation.

Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Syckgirl Congrats on your anniversary!

It was a gorgeous day today in LA, not too hot. I went to church with my family early this morning and the temperature in the church was pretty comfortable, but our pastor talked about how last week at the evening mass people were suffering in the hot church because the air-conditioning needs a repair. I’m so grateful my family is willing to get up early!

B: scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, sliced green banana, 1/4 cup walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, coffee w/coconut oil and half and half
L: Green smoothie - romaine lettuce, baby spinach, avocado, stevia
S: The smoothie kept me going until about 3:30, then I got hungry -- mango coconut yogurt, one slice of sourdough bread w/french butter
D: chicken tenders cooked in avocado oil, romaine salad w/lemon-olive oil dressing

E: Walking 20 minutes

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 07-03-2017 at 12:10 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We are going into work for a little while. We will probably close early. It still feels like the weekend.

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 180.6
Up: 1 pound

Have a great day and start to your week

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 3

Matthew 10:22
'And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.'

Christ has a powerful lesson for those who choose to diet. Dieting makes us different, and it is never easy to be different. Being Christians made the disciples different, and they had to suffer many things for their difference. People who are different are often excluded by others. Sometimes they are even abused and persecuted for their differences. There was only one reason the disciples were able to persevere in their faith, and that was the presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives. That same Spirit can give us the power to be different and the strength to persevere, even through a tough diet.

Today's thought: Christ helps those who choose to be different!
Old 07-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick hello this am
WI up 1.2 but had BBQ yesterday and I had a few items high in sodium
WO week 7 day 1 of 8 week program done
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/209.6/160

Trying to eat light the next few days, not exactly on plan but not overdoing it.

Went for an hour walk Saturday morning, there is a college 2 miles away, we walked through the campus and in one of the parking lots. It was so nice and peaceful to walk under trees, near lots of grass and away from traffic.

Weigh in will be Friday or Saturday this week.

Today’s meal plan

B: Shake with berries
S: Yogurt
L: Crab salad, pita bread and fruit
S: Fruit
Dinner : Lobster tails and vegetable soup

Everyone have a safe and fantastic Fourth of July!!!
ChelsieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #21  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Almost Afternoon Everyone!

Scale is moving in the right direction again. Today it says 176.2. I still have done NO exercise, other than what I get from being on my feet at work. My arthritic knee was traumatic to me. LOL. If I hurt myself to the point I'm unable to stand for 8 hours at a stretch, I'll be in trouble. I know I need to get on the bike and get moving, I'll feel so much better, and the weight will come off more quickly. I am the only one working, so it weighs on me more, I think.

Ideal: That is SO GREAT! What a feeling that must be!

Nancy: I have a feeling that you are going to wake up here in the next few days and suddenly be in the 158's. A big whoosh! I know you are low carbing, but I am seeing that calories count too. I quit losing when I started to substitute pork rinds and sour cream for the ice cream I used to eat every night. I had glanced at the pork rind bag, not one of the big bags, one of the ones closer to single serving size, and it said 80 calories, 5 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein, no carbs.....plus I was putting either cream cheese or sour cream on them.....Well, I looked again the other night, and it says there are FIVE servings in that one bag! So I was eating 400 calories in pork rinds alone! With the sour cream and cream cheese, another couple hundred calories. I cut that out, and now the scale is on the move again. I've been MIA for a bit, saw the good news about your first days at work. I want to try to cold brewed coffee. What happened with Jury duty?

Msgooch: WTG on the 5 pounds! I looked for you in the 170s thread but didn't see a recent update. I'm trying to catch you!

Syckgirlsfv: Congrats on the testing! Did you ever find out the results of the first one? Enjoy your vacation!

Magistra: Your menu looks tasty! I think another thing that stalled me was those decadent Macadamia nuts. OMG are they rich! Hard to stop eating the little suckers. Good thing they are so expensive. I can't afford to buy many of them at a time. I also like brazil nuts.

Chelsie: Your walk sounds lovely! I wish I had someone to walk with. It's hard to make myself do it alone. My husband is disabled, and can't walk very far, or ride a bike very far. I wish he would get a scooter and go with me, but somehow, I can't picture him doing that. I think one reason I don't get more exercise is that I feel guilty getting out when he can't. I do have my dogs! So no excuses, right?

Diana: Thanks for the thread. I hope you are doing well. I laughed about your peanut experience! When I was a little girl, I spent some time back in Tennessee, way out in the boonies. I had an Uncle Albert, big old guy in bib overalls, tobacco juice in the corners of his mouth, who grew peanuts. I ate and ate and ate of those raw peanuts. They were SO good. I remember him grinning toothlessly at my mom, and telling her, "that little girl's gonna get sick". See, even then, I had no restraint!

Have a great day all! Hello to everyone! Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm waiting for the caffeine to kick in. OH! My new favorite low carb decadence! Chia pudding made with heavy cream. MERCY. I only make one jelly jar at a time. I could eat a quart of the stuff!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 07-03-2017 at 12:32 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #22  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Everyone...

To my fellow carb control peeps: I've been craving hot cereal, but, alas, they are all pretty high in carbohydrates. I did a search for low carb hot cereal and came across one that is made from ground flax seed and chia seeds. It was so quick to make, and it put the fire out on my yearning for cream of wheat, grits and oatmeal. The blog has so many tasty, healthy, low carb ideas! I don't know how to make a link, but the site is here: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/

I hope you are all having a great day!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #23  
Fishing for a plan!

Well weird. That wasn't blue when I posted it. Guess I know how to make a link after all! I just didn't know I knew!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #24  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good eve to all

Was an early day at new office because of holiday so yeah! Sad news in I don't get paid for those lost hours

Lurch: you are a terrific optimist I won't hold you to your prediction but if it come true I will jumping up and down
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - boxing, upper body, lower body w/12's
Later I added on: 45 minutes treadmill
Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today was a crazy day of running around trying to get all my errands done between Sunday and Independence Day, but I managed it. Gonna have a nice relaxing day tomorrow.

B: Green smoothie - romaine lettuce, baby spinach, avocado, stevia, mint; coffee with almond milk, a pat of French butter, and a little stevia (this was delicious and tasted like cookies)
L: leftover chicken, romaine salad w/lemon and olive oil dressing
S: 1/4 c. walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts
D: baked salmon; romaine, avocado, shredded carrots w/lemon and olive oil dressing; one slice Costco bakery French bread dipped in olive oil

LurchMomma I know what you mean about the macadamia nuts! They could really fatten a person up. I measure mine out and put the nuts in snack size zip loc bags.

Have a lovely fourth everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:46 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lurch: Thanks! I love oatmeal too...I don't know if this will work for you but I have it every morning. It's filling and low carb (90 calories, 5 net carbs, 15 g protein)

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...gar-7-box.html
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and Happy 4th!

I've had company here since Friday afternoon. It was a lot of fun, kept me hopping, and I didn't really watch my food all that closely, I just tried to eat in moderation.

lurch - i completely agree about the calories vs carbs. I believe you're told to eat so much protein because it makes you fuller, but you can certainly over eat the calories on any plan. At the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out for weight loss. You could technically eat at mcdonald's for one meal a day and still lose weight if you burn more. Not the healthiest way, but you would technically lose weight.

I really don't know how I managed to lose 2+ lbs this morning, but my WI was 174.6 this morning. I leave Friday for Iceland and I had hoped to be 175. My next short term goal - I'm having a party in later August, I'd like to be 165 by then.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy 4th of July!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 180.2
Down: .4

Have a wonderful day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 4

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Christ allows us to declare a special kind of independence from the prison of obesity. Prisoners endure their captivity because they believe that they will one day find release. Through perseverance we earn the right to declare our independence from fat. God will stand with us as we fight for a healthier, more slender body. His Holy Spirit will help us withstand the temptations of rich, fattening foods, and He promises to bless our efforts to do what is right and good. Let us celebrate the freedom from flesh that God will help us achieve.

Today's thought: Faith in Christ can lead to freedom from fat!
Old 07-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #30  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Happy Independence Day in the US. Just caught up on June and July, sorry for the absence, got knocked down pretty good by TTOM, as I've said before, hope this is the last one. One good thing about feeling bad, it feels great when you don't feel that bad.

Diana thanks for the daily devotions, lots of inspiration. I never thought about the aspect of being different than other people while dieting, very interesting. I think I'm going to try listening to Belleruth more, I need to get my mind right wish me luck with that

I haven't had a very good WW week, but that's life, last week's topic was about letting go, so I'm going to let that go, I made my low fat banana muffins for breakfast today and we're going for a hike in our woods, so maybe I'm getting back on the right track. Not sure if this will work, mary engelbreit let go or be dragged https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0742/0579/products/LetGoOrBeDragged.jpg?v=1468528360.

Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful week!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote