July 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 9 of 17
Go to
  • Hello all,

Forgot to weigh this morning, I was 179.1 yesterday morning, but pizza happened last night, so I'm sure I was up. Got in lots of walking with the little dog today, he had fun in the woods running around, laying in puddles, wasn't so happy when he got a bath keeping up with tracking my food everyday so far, I've been pretty bad about that the last few weeks.

Magistra hope everything gets straightened out quickly with your insurance. Nice you have a friend on the same diet plan.

Msgooch sounds like a great trip. I listen to a podcast called Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase episode 136 called Ice Ice Baby is about her trip to Iceland. She's a flight attendant, I find her very entertaining. Chunkalunkah you might enjoy her podcast, being a travel nut

Nancy I got to go to Astoria a few years ago for a work trip. I loved it, lots to do, great food. I got to go to Washington state a couple times as well, it's so beautiful out there, I got to go to Mt. Rainier.

Diana it's so nice to hear you talking about your church friends. So happy for you.

Hope everyone has a good night and great week ahead
  • HI Everyone!

Today was a busy day with church and grocery shopping. I didn't get a chance to workout.

msgooch Wow, amazing trip, indeed. I love hearing about when people travel.

Total Approx 1265 calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
    Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
    coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (700 calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 650 calories
    iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (305 calories)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    Veggies for omelette 125 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 T. tomato paste 10 calories

Exercise
    Nothing
  • Today was pleasant. We went to church at 7:30am, and after making breakfast for everybody, I went back to bed. Nobody bothered me. It was so nice. I got up around noon and made lunch. I spent the afternoon watching Youtube videos and gathering new recipes.

B: blueberry pancakes, coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream
    L: cauliflower cooked in coconut cream with curry and cinnamon, romaine salad with avocado, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
    D: meatballs, mushrooms, yogurt topping, romaine and avocado salad, oil and vinegar dressing

msgooch I enjoyed your recap of your trip to Iceland. It sounds like you had the perfect plan.

kelijpa My dog likes rolling in the dirt and leaves, and she doesn't like having a bath either. She's quite clever and she always knows when she is going to get a bath, and she tricks my husband into letting her out the back door.

nancylmrn The maritime museum sounds like fun. I love hearing those kinds of stories about dangerous things and how people work them out.

Have a nice Monday everybody!
  • Good morning all!

Lunch packed, stretches done, ready to face the day.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Good morning!

I'm down a pound from what I gained on the trip - I'm at 176.6 I was 175.4 when we left and even had a day lower than that. I was really having trouble with the mindset of being back on plan. I was hungry, just wanted what I wanted and didn't feel like it. Yesterday I managed to stick on plan without pain and suffering so today I feel like I can get back to it. We bought this machine/contraption where you do pull ups on one side, but on the other you hold yourself up by your forearms and do leg lifts or knee bends. Just holding myself up is hard, which shows I have no upper body strength. My plan is every other day to do a few sets of 10 knee bends. I can already feel my chest muscles starting to wake up.

Chunka - the breakfast at our hotel had an egg station where you could have hard boiled eggs or scrambled, I had them make me an egg but they didn't understand over easy, over medium, etc. sauteed mushrooms, sausage (I couldn't tell what kind), they had out a plate of cold cuts, smoked salmon and pastries.

We're debating our next "big" trip. My kids are in their 20's now so we have more flexibility traveling. My parents loved traveling as they got older and I know my mother in law was always taking care of everyone else - grandkids, her parents, other elderly relatives, and didn't take the time to go anywhere or see anything while they were healthy enough to do it.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1265 +
    Weigh In: 179.8
    No Change

Have a great day and start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 17

2 Timothy 2:5
    And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

Susan lay looking up at the ceiling in her hospital room. She couldn't believe everything had turned out as it did. Jill had promised the pills were safe and that she would lose weight fast. All the pills had done were to make her violently ill and land her in the hospital. Shortcuts are not the answer. God has given us willpower and a miraculous body that repairs itself if we give it the chance. Dieting doesn't require chemicals or radical exercising. Dieting requires mastery over our base desires and our selfish natures. Rely on God. We need nothing else.

Today's thought: God can do more to help me than anything else I could find!
  • Good morning all
    WI up again 161.6
    New workout started this week so week 1 day 1 done!

This is super short for me today, more tonight
  • Hello ladies

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was busy but I stayed on track with eating and exercise. I am still stuck at 219! I keep bouncing between 219.6 to 219.0. I keep telling myself any day now I will see 218. It seems like each time I gain weight back it's harder to lose it. I was hoping that I would be down 10 pounds before I go on vacation in 3.5 weeks but I don't think it's happening. I will be taking a 16 hour flight and I would love to lose a few pounds/inches before then. I seem to feel more comfortable traveling when I have less fat in my mid section.

I'll just keep plugging along and accept where I am when I leave.

Have a great Monday afternoon everyone

Today's log

B: 2% cheese stick, watermelon, coffee
    L: Salad w/shrimp & ceasar salad dressing, 2 WW choc bars
    S: peach, cherries
    D: Sandwich Round, Sara Lee Reduced Sodium ham, 1 tsp mayo
    Exercise: Walk 30 mins
  • Hi Everyone!

Tonight we went out to celebrate my birthday. I will post my foods but not the calories since it's off plan and too many calories. Tomorrow is back on plan.

Total Calories Unknown

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
    1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
    2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (Unknown Calories)
    dinner bread
    salad w/ranch
    3 coconut fried shrimp
    prime rib
    mashed potatoes
    au jus
    mushrooms
    shared chocolate thunder from down under

Exercise:
    KCM's Lean Body Circuits - boxing, upper body & lower body w/12's
    30 minutes bike @ gym
  • I spent a lot of time on my computer today, more than I should have.

B: one whole avocado, coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream
    L: portobello mushroom pizza
    S: a few green olives, 1/4 cup nuts
    D: scallops, romaine salad

Diana Happy Birthday! By the way, I made the scallops and I used your recipe. They were tasty! My husband loved them! Success!

Have a great day everybody!
  • Good morning all!
    180.5 this morning

I was a little annoyed at my weight then remembered I ate popcorn last night. Have to keep focusing on the positives. my current meditation is on kindness, he says kindness to others starts with kindness to yourself. You're supposed to notice your negative thoughts towards yourself and think, what you would say to a friend who said that about herself. We had a similar exercise in WW. Speaking of exercise -wall sits- I don't like them, but notice a big difference in the noises my knees make when I quit doing them so back to doing them

GettinFit keep plugging! You're doing great, sometimes those numbers can be so stubborn but eventually they yield.

Diana Happy birthday!!

Waving Hi all around

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Good morning!

Diana - Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day celebrating.
    GettinFit - My take on weight loss is that it's not a day to day thing, but it is cumulative over time. So stick with it and then one day you'll wake up having lost a few pounds. At least it's how it pretty much works for me. I'd love to lose a little every day, but my body doesn't generally work that way.
    magistra - I'm having a party for my sister next month and I got sucked into pinterest. Enough said on the time spent in front of the computer!
    kelijpa - I like that meditation, I'm VERY hard on myself. If anyone ever said what I say to myself I'd think they were the meanest person on earth.

I'm getting an exam today for health insurance for work. I have to stop eating after 11 this morning. We also have a leak in our basement wall so someone is coming this morning to try and stop it. That's our gym, we had to have serv pro come tear out the carpet and cut out chunks of wall, replace our sump pump, but still we have a wall leaking that's very strange. But my nice basement gym is now no longer that nice.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!

I am setting a goal for myself. I want to stay 100% on plan until we take a mini vacation in August. I also want to make a food plan for when we are out of town. We will need to make some restaurant choices ahead of time. I do so much better when I plan, have a regimen, routine, etc. I also want to get some extra movement in during the day. I have been trying to do this but have not been completely successful with it.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
    Weigh In: 182
    Up: 2.2 pounds

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 18

1 Corinthians 9:12
    If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

Betty got so annoyed with Sarah. Sarah had lost so much weight, but whenever anyone asked her how she did it, she told them she couldn't have done it without God's help. That got old really fast. Why didn't she just take credit and let it go at that? Everything had to be a big spiritual production for Sarah! It's hard for some people to actually realize the power that Christians find in Jesus Christ. They can't understand our gratitude and thankfulness. We are partakers in a great and wonderful power, and it is right for us to acknowledge the source of that power. Christ saves lives, and He liberates us from things like obesity that threaten to make life less than it was meant to be.

Today's thought: I will give thanks to God for His help in my diet!
  • Happy belated birthday Diana!

Today WI still up 161.6, WO week 1 day 2 completed.

B: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites
    L: Salad greens with celery, cucumber, olive, tomato, turkey keilbalsa lite italian dressing
    S: 1oz unsalted mixed nuts
    D: Taco tue, low carb tortilla, crumbled left over hamburger patty, lettuce, tomato
    S: an adult beverage
  • Hi all
    Hope you are having a great Tuesday.

I need to be checking in for a while. The change in my eating plan, due to Epstein Barr virus diet, and a parade of spring and summer house guests caused me again to go into bad eating habits. 3 lb weight gain. So I want to take care of that. I have a 2 1/2 week time slot where no one will be coming for visits. Seize the opportunity to lose those lbs.

Today's food plan:
    B: Coffee with cashew milk and coconut creamer 300
    L: Salad with BHF blue cheese dressing and 2 chicken sausages 360
    S: peaches 180
    D chicken with vegetables in mustard sauce 300
    Total for the day: 1140

Will do personals tonight
    Sending lots of great thoughts and success sparkles to all!!!