Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #76  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Flower - It's good to see back. I just started back posting a few days ago too. I'm sorry about your health issues but it sounds like you're taking charge of the situation.

magistra17 - Congrats on the dropping scale! That truly is a wonderful feeling . Keep up the good work.

I'm still plugging along, tracking my points and hitting my step goal for the day. The scale seems to have slowed down so today I'm going to omit nuts from my snack and see if it helps. Tomorrow is my official W/I at Weight Watchers so I want to try and drop one more pound by then.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday

Today's Log
B: Watermelon/Honey dew, coffee w/SF creamer
L: Lean Cuisine, 2 Dove Dark Choc
D: Baked flounder, green beans
S: peach, plum
Exercise: Walk or DVD
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Diana I love today's devotion. It made me laugh.

GettinFit Good luck with losing one pound before weigh in!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all.... I've really fallen off the wagon. As of week before last I have not gained any weight back, and I'm finding that really surprising. I haven't been working out other than every so often taking a walk and jogging for a bit. Life's been super hectic, my parents decided to get a divorce in June, oddly as an adult I feel more stress from it than I think I would've as a kid. I'm not mad at either and see both sides one wants a life and deserves one, the other is hurt and is not dealing with it well. The part that sucks is one constantly talks to me about it and I can't deal I try and just listen and say nothing but it is hard. On top of that my brother's fiance seems to be meddling too much.... She moved in after my mom moved out. My daughter spent the weekend with her and, I feel like she was asking for information that she shouldn't ask a 13 year old. Question's about why my youngest brother is so moody (he's 19) and why my mom didn't my middle brother and his fiance to lunch one day. Then turned around and repeated to my dad incorrectly the things my daughter said. UGHHHHHH!!!!! On top of that my SO's father died and he isn't taking it well, that being said he's been either real sweet with me or really hateful. Saturday while I was out celebrating my best friends birthday, he text calling me names and saying he never wanted to speak to me again. Honestly I don't know what to do, I understand he's in a bad place, but it's not fair to me to be treated that way. I'm sorry to vent away, but I can't post this kinda stuff on my social media and it's stressing me out and I don't want to meal prep or work out I just wanna binge watch tv.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #79  

Tacos_in_Texas Sounds like you have a lot of drama to contend with and that can be very stressful. I come from a big family so I know how bad the drama can get. Sounds like you already intuitively know what you need to do. Just remember to take care of yourself because nobody else will. I hope you find some peace in your situation.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #80  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone
Todays WI 160.2 so down .6....water and salt ?? I am so close to a new decade --I was there for a week or two in April and have not seen it since
WO this am day two of week 8 so the end is in sight and then it will be time for the real test...those darn selfies
Eating has been op today too. Starting this new job has brought things back in focus as far as eating and I am less likely to eat the bad stuff except for the weekends....well sorta.

Taco You are doing the right thing and try to stay neutral, emotions are running high right now

kelipa I have been using overdrive for about 4 years now and love it. It is the only way I have time to 'read' is when listening in the car as I drive. Lately I have been stuck on psychological thrillers like gone girl and girl on the train

Gettinfit you have been doing fantastic with your loss, it is so wonderful
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

GettinFit Great job tweaking things as you go along.

Tacos_in_Texas Gosh, so much stuff going on. Hang in there. I hope things calm down soon. I don't come from a large family, in fact, I am just about out of family. It's just me and DH. But I am in a church group now, so that's more family than I have ever had. We all get along great but some people are known to say things and they just come out wrong, not even intentionally. My new motto with all of my new family is "when in doubt, stay out".

Magistra I thought it was funny too. I already lost my mind a long time ago.

nancylmrn Congrats on the .6

Waving HI all around!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #82  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories (I made this salad for my ladies church group. I used romaine, blueberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, grilled chicken & BHF's ranch. I also had some sliced melons. My goal was to keep it around the 700 calories. They also had various desserts and ice cream. I avoided all of this and ate the fruit. Yay me!

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Walk & Jog

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-11-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:36 AM   #83  

Goodness, I think I’m an almost vegetarian. Since starting this diet (plant paradox), I find that I’m actually craving plant food over animal food and thinking about cooking chicken or beef has become uninteresting to me. I just want to eat fish every day. That is such a bizarre side effect, but a good one. Fish is good for me because of my high blood pressure. I am going to start monitoring my blood pressure this week to see if it’s going down. One of my big goals is to get off my meds.

B: banana and blueberries, coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream
L: romaine salad with avocado and olive oil and lemon dressing, walnuts
D: romaine leaves topped with guacamole
D: two squares 90% dark chocolate

E: 20 minute brisk walk, 12 minute yoga

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #84  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
180.4 this morning

Diana funny you should say that about insomnia, of course last night when it was time for bed I wasn't tired...I went anyway, then Hunter starts barking about something around 1:30 am, apparently he had to pee, little bugger, oh well, that's why coffee was invented I guess.

TacosInTexas sorry about all you're going through, feel free to vent, better out than in.

Nancy I hear you about being in that next decade awhile ago and working to get back, not easy, but we're doing it!

Magistra glad you found something that works so well for you.

GettiFit keep plugging away, you'll find your groove.

So, I've been kind of ignoring this pot luck thing they're having at work today, alternating between feeling bad about not feeling like participating and not even thinking about. Well, today's the day, I didn't make or buy anything so I guess not participating won finally said to myself, what do you want to do, quit worrying about what you think anyone else wants you to do. I'm having a good week and don't want to derail with a bunch of snacks, so that's that, I'll go for a walk.

Flower

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-12-2017 at 06:51 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa
That's exactly what I am running into. Same thing again last night. I am exhausted, but get into bed and I'm not sleepy. Crazy body. Enjoy your walk today.

Magistra Keep us updated on how your BP does with the added fish. Which varieties are you going to incorporate?

I got into bed too late last night and I am exhausted.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 180.2
No Change

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 12

Galatians 1:10
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for it I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Granny wanted Ellen to lose weight. She used to offer her bribes all the time, to encourage her. The problem was, no matter how much weight Ellen lost, her grandmother wanted her to lose more. There was just no pleasing her. Instead of helping Ellen lose weight, Granny just made her more frustrated and discouraged. It wasn't until Ellen decided she wanted to lose weight for herself that it really worked for her. She prayed for God's help, and He delivered. Doing it for Granny wasn't enough, doing it for God and herself made it all worthwhile.

Today's thought: The more I care, the less I weigh!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #86  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Tacos - I'm so sorry about all you're having to deal with right now. Hoping it gets better for you soon. Hang in there.

kelijpa - Taking a walk during the pot luck today sounds like a great plan. We are always having food events at my work. Yesterday I had to order lunch for a lunch/baby shower next Thursday. I made sure to order salad with grilled chicken so that I can have that. Of course I had to order a cake but I am already planning to not have any. I hope all goes well for you today.

Magistra - Glad you've found your groove. Keep up the good work.

Diana: I hope your day is going well

Flower: Hope you're having a good day too.

I'm having a good day. I'm working from home today so I was able to go to Stone Mountain and get a 45 min walk in this morning. My new boss has told me that I can take advantage of telecommuting 1 or 2 days a week and I am so happy about that. My commute is 1 hour each way so it is a treat to not have to drive in even 1 day a week. I told my boss that I would use my commute time to exercise. (he's big on health & fitness) I also get to attend my favorite Weight Watchers meeting during my lunch break.

I hope you all have a great OP hump day

Weight: Stuck at 220

Today's Plan

B: Cappuccino (don't want to eat much before W/I)
L: Salad, ground beef patty
D: Salad, shrimp,
S: Watermelon/honeydew melon
Exercise: Walked 45 mins
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!!! Thank you all for the kind words. I'm trying very hard to just not let it all get to me and take my own advice on certain things. Easier said than done though, right? A/C is out at work and it makes me very sleepy being in the heat all day, but I went ahead and went on my walk/jog while my son was at football practice, my mom even came to join me and we added a little extra to what I normally walk. I was super glad I did! Eating yesterday wasn't amazing I was so hungry, like in pain hungry..... I don't think it's stress eating, I felt like it was real hunger and I only ate until satisfied I didn't feel uncomfortable or bad afterwards. After full belly and heat I slept like a baby last night!

GettinFit that's awesome your boss has provided such a great opportunity.

Kelijpa Don't feel bad, it's not like you are going and didn't bring anything. I should get in short walks on my lunch hour.

Nancy You got it! Boy do I feel you on the selfies! lol

Magistra That's a pretty great thing to crave. I wish I did I know fish is super good for you, foe whatever reason I just don't particularly care for it.

Diana your salad sounds so yummy! Maybe I'll have a salad for lunch.

If I missed you sorry! Here's to everyone having a great day!
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #88  

I start swimming today. I injured my plantar fascia a few weeks ago and have been staying off of it for the most part, but last night I really wanted to go for a walk and I did, and I loved it! But my heel is giving me burning pain this morning and I'm limping around. So, it's back to swimming. I asked my husband to show me how to turn on the automatic skimmer so that I don't have to walk around the pool skimming it. Usually by the time I get the whole thing skimmed, I'm pooped out and just want to go back in the cool house.

The other de-motivater for swimming is the bees. We have a lot of bees and when they are foraging, they dip into the pool. Sometimes they fall in with their stingers intact. If I swim into one by accident, I could easily get stung. It has happened to more than one member of my family. This is not desirable so I will try to swim in the early evening when the pool is shaded and the bees are not foraging.

Diana I'm trying to expand out and include all types of fish. My favorites so far are salmon, shrimp, halibut, and snapper.

Have a super Wednesday everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 07-12-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #89  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Today went well, I walked at lunch, it was hot and steamy, ate my stuff that I brought for lunch, worked out well. Then walked with my friend who went to the potluck, we walked a little longer since she didn't walk at lunch so I got in 14K steps!

Nancy I love Overdrive, I'm reading Game of Thrones on my kindle app and listening to The Art of Mindful Living. Someone left a paperback of Gone Girl on my friend's desk,I was thinking about reading it. There's not enough time to read everything I want to read

Diana Hope you get rested tonight!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

GettinFit Yay for being able to work from home.

Tacos_in_Texas I'm glad your Mom was able to workout with you.

Magistra That's scary about the bees. I like those fish, too. Do you like scallops? That's another favorite of mine.

kelijpa Great job on your day and for the 14,000 miles!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)