Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #1  

Default Fruit-Good or Bad?

Everyone seems to have mixed opinions on fruit. I have 1/2 a banana in the AM and about 1.5cups of watermelon and strawberries for lunch.

Is this hindering my weight loss? I eat it because I enjoy it, but should I be limiting my fruit?
toomuchfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I think it depends really on you. The reason I say this is some people are extremely sensitive to carbs, and others are not. I happen to be very sensitive and lose weight more easily if I limit my carbs, even healthy carbs like fruit. Still- you aren't eating that much. It sounds like you're only getting 2 to 2-1/2 cups of fruit a day, and that's not too bad. But if you are sensitive to carbs, it might be worth cutting all fruit for a couple of weeks and see how it affects your weight loss. Sometimes you have to be your own test subject, since our bodies are all so individual.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #3  

Thank you for your response. I really should cut it out for a couple weeks and see if it helps my weight loss. I guess I chose watermelon because I can have a decent amount for low calories.
I have a typical desk job from 8-5 and I truly sit pretty much the whole time (I hate it, but that's another story)..so I'm struggling to find something small for lunch, as i don't exert any energy, and I do best with a low calorie diet.
I have special k for breakfast, but it's a touch boring sometimes.
I also do best with eating the same things every day, but not the same food for breakfast and dinner..what are some good ideas for lunch that doesn't contain fruit?
toomuchfood is offline   Reply With Quote