Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Diana - hope your swelling is coming down today!
Lurch - what program are you doing? Congrats on the weight loss - that's amazing!
Syck - when do you find out about the first section? Can you take the others if you don't pass the first and go back and retake what you didn't pass? I'm so glad taking tests is not a part of my job, I'm no test taker.

The scale is hanging on like grim death this week. I suppose that's what I get for such a big loss last week. I don't really know what to tweak or do at this point. Do I just hang on and keep on with the plan or do I do something different?
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #122  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 180.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 14

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

In battle, the helmet is one of the most important protections. Head wounds can be fatal, and so the helmet must be strong. No soldier would think of entering the fray without proper head protection. Thessalonians says that our Christian helmet is the hope of salvation. Christ gives us that helmet. Through the hope we have in Christ, we are protected and prepared to meet the challenges of our lives. Dieting is just one of those challenges, and without hope of success and completion, we are ill-equipped to meet that challenge. The greater our hope, the better our chance to lose weight.

Today's thought: Lord, give me a helmet which covers my mouth, too!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #123  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All!

It's storming here again today and I didn't want to get out of bed. Ugh. I need more self-discipline. There are a million things I would like do if I would just crawl out of bed after 7 or 8 hours. There is a scripture that is repeated twice Proverbs, so it must be significant:

A little sleep, A little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest, Then your poverty will come as a robber And your want like an armed man.

There are many types of "want" and "poverty" that aren't financial. Many ways of investing your life, instead of lying in bed, that provide great rewards. I know this and have struggled with it and pondered it for years. Yet morning by morning I stay in bed until I HAVE to get up. This is something I'm determined to finally overcome. So help me God.

Sorry about the rant and thanks for listening.

Diana: I am glad that you are starting to feel somewhat better! How much more challenging weight loss may be with angioedema thrown into the mix! Very inspiring that you don't let it derail you and you keep pressing on!

Msgooch: Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm currently doing Atkins induction. Keeping carbs at 20 grams, although some days it's closer to 25. I will be done with the two weeks on Monday and then see where I'm at and decide whether to stay in induction a little longer or move on to OWL.

Syckgirl: Sorry, I can't recall your entire name and I can't look back on this phone as I can on the laptop. I lived in Vegas for 9 months 20ish years ago, so I'm sure it's a different animal now. I was very young and I did some things that altered the courses of many lives forever. I wish I had never gone there. I can't blame Las Vegas, ultimately the choices were mine. I just wonder how everything would be if I'd never left MO. Looking back is pointless. It's just easy to adopt the culture that's around you, especially if you have "friends" who encourage you to do so, especially when you are young. As for the desert, the wind blows hot and dry, ceaselessly, and there are snakes and cacti. It's beautiful in its way, but not a place that invites a body to spend a great deal of time there. Your menu sounds delicious!

Have a great day!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #124  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to most and morning to us west coast kids,

Completed my workout this am it was mostly HIIT and core, then I did an extra credit 10 min lower body strength. So that now make day 3 of week 4 out of 8. When I have completed this 8 week schedule that will have meant I have worked out with a formal program 5 days a week for 16 weeks. This does not count the weekend stuff DH and I do. And still not a pound lost, as a matter of fact I am up 4lbs from the onset. Oh well but my Achilles heel seems to be doing better the key I am seeing is proper shoes when working out or hiking!

Diana: no I seemed to have recovered from my marathon workout last week, but I have a continues deep ache in my gluts but I do push myself when I am doing lower body with (in my opinion LOL) some heavy weights so by the end of either the 40 second interval or 10 reps I am feeling the burn.

Well off to more job hunting, oh the thrill
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #125  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

msgooch they changed the format of all four of the CPA exam sections in April. and I took one in May. They are saying because of the new test it will take them longer to decide how to score it on this first testing window, and are releasing scores on AUGUST 17th!!!! We are all just sitting here waiting! Usually it's only a few weeks until you get your score. The way the CPA exam works is you have to pass all 4 exams within an 18 month period, starting with the day you pass your first section. It's horrendous. I am told it compares to the BAR. I believe it! But yes, I can retake the ones I don't pass as many times as it takes but that gets expensive. It's close to $200 per test, and you have to pay for the ones you want to schedule all up front. In the end my bank account will thank me! It isn't required for my job, but I realize I can make a lot more money and have a lot more opportunities if I get it!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #126  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi all! Well done to everyone plugging away, and congrats to those losing.

I unfortunately am not in the losing group. I'm having the hardest time dropping some pounds lately. I should probably lay off the carbs. I'm trying to save money because I want to do a lot of traveling next summer before grad school. So I've been eating pretty cheaply the past week: lots of potatoes, bread, and pasta. Even though I've kept the calories where I thought I needed them, it ain't working. I just don't seem to lose as efficiently when eating high carb.

Diana - I was really sorry to read about your stomach pain. How awful.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Haven't checked in awhile and you know what that means. If I'm not checking in..I'm doing doing good weight wise. I'm up to 147.4. Working at going back down. My working out has never stopped just my bad eating habits and LOTS AND LOTS of concession hitting going on these days.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #128  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Evening All!

So far so good. Fried eggs with a small side of tomatoes and onions with a drizzle of olive oil, pumpkin with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a splash of cream for brunch. Tuna salad lettuce wraps, a green salad with a bit more tomato and onion with chopped boiled egg and Caesar dressing for dinner. Lots of water. Lots of steps here at work. DH is fixing a bike for me and I'm stopping at a 24 hour Walmart after work to look for a helmet!

Have a great night!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #129  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Jessica Smith Happy Hiit Walk, Jessica Smith Total Body Time Saver w/8's
Old 06-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

I'm humming the tune to Rocky today....I have lost 50 lbs!! I was beginning to think I'd have to do something drastic if the scale didn't start moving. I thought about it, I wanted to do something for myself to celebrate, and I just ordered a really cute pair of shoes. I love shoes first of all, people collect stamps, dishes, etc. I collect shoes.

WI - 176.6

Today is weight day. I actually stopped literally tracking calories this week, I eat a lot of the same things and have been eating at home so I know if I eat the food on plan, I'm fine. In order to hit my goal of 10 lbs in 4 weeks I need to lose .6 more by Monday.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

msgooch: Congrats, that's awesome!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #132  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

msgooch That's awesome news!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning - overslept

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 180.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 15

Romans 5:1-2
. . .Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Some days we just need to stop and congratulate ourselves on how far we've come. Perhaps there aren't a lot of outward signs of our diet yet. Perhaps we aren't even close to where we hope to be. Perhaps we still have a long way to go. That's okay. Sometimes we need to rejoice in the progress we've made in order to have the energy to keep on going. The Lord created in six days, and on the seventh He rested. In every endeavor, especially the difficult ones, we need a break to sit back and enjoy what we've done so far. Even if the beginnings are humble, we can feel good that we are devoted to doing something good for ourselves.

Today's thought: I'm better than I was yesterday, and I can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #133  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Afternoon All!

Chunkahlunkah: It's good to see you! I know what you mean about the carbs. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out something that works. Maybe focus on just maintaining until after your summer off and then get back to it? Are you planning any exotic trips?

Msgooch: CONGRATULATIONS! My goodness! 50 pounds down is an outstanding accomplishment! How long have you been working toward that goal?

Nicholsfamily: Hang in there. The hectic times are hard!

Diana: I liked today's devotion. Very timely! Thanks! Is your angioedema resolved?

I went to Walmart after not getting out of work until almost 1AM. I picked up quite a few groceries as was out of avocado, bacon, cheese, lettuce, etc. By the time I trudged over to the bicycle helmets, I was pretty tired. I was trying them on and kept pinching my double chin in the clasps! OUCH! So I gave up. LOL.

Be joyful!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #134  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I got my first ever massage today. It was glorious. I already made an appointment for next week too. There goes my savings account. I'm so sleepy from the massage. Just had a long nap.

nicholsfamily - I loathe the 140s! No decade has ever given me so much trouble. I feel like I've been stalled here forever. Well, I say "here" but I've actually been at 150 the last few days. Hang in there! We'll both get out of this dastardly decade someday.

msgooch - Wow, nice work! I like your celebration item. What kind of shoes did you get?

Lurch - Thanks, I appreciate it! I had gained weight to pretty much the same high that I started at this time, about 9 years ago. The weight came off so much quicker then. I suppose I shouldn't expect the same pace this time since I'm older and also not nearly as active. (Back then I was managing a Starbucks. That job was like a daily workout!) I'm actually off school all the way until Fall 2018. Yes, I do have some trips planned that I'm excited about! I'm heading to London in September for the first time. Next summer, I'd like to spend at least a month in Europe. We'll see if that one comes true, but the London trip this fall is for sure. Sorry about the helmets; they really are such frustrating things!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-15-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #135  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!
I have no real news. I weighed in even though I told myself not too and am the same as I was on Sunday. Did my workout and the extra credit so that was good.
Started my job hunting again, oh but I do have an interview tomorrow...sheesh I feel like these interviews kinda like your grade school days when you are the last one chosen to play LOL

Food wise being home I thought I would get bored and eat but I am finding that is not the case so I am happy about that. As a matter of fact I am finding I am taking more time to plan and eat my meals....I do need to find some creative ways to dress up eggs though.

msgooch---wowza girl that is awesome, I am a shoeahaulic too. Just never seem to have the right ones

Back again later

Last edited by nancylmrn; 06-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote