Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #31  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I think my increased activity this week was a shock to my system. After my walk yesterday, I was so tired. I felt like a groggy zombie the rest of the day. I ended up falling asleep around 8pm and didn't wake up until nearly 10am today! I felt so much better after my 14 hour slumber. I hope that's not how much sleep my body will regularly require just to walk a few miles a day.

Lurch - I'm right there with you with having no helmet and for the same reason. They never seem to fit me right. I must have a deformed noggin. When you said you better get a helmet, it made me laugh and reminded me of how my family and friends used to tease me years ago that I should always wear one after I'd given myself a concussion. I'm definitely a member of the klutzy club!

nancy - I hope you find someplace that's a good fit soon.

ForTheLose - Good luck with your goals! How have things been the past couple of days?

Diana - I've decided to make myself do some really minor exercise after I use the bathroom. I figure that's an easy enough and regular enough reminder.

Jules - D@mn, fabulous work. Enjoy your new car!

msgooch - Sounds like a great plan.

graciey - Oh yikes, that tug would freak me out too. Stay safe! Good idea to visit the trainer for form instruction. I have a Jillian Michaels dvd but it'll be while yet before I can dig that bad boy out. It's no walk in the park and that's literally about all I'm capable of now.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-03-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

msgooch
Where were you in SC? I'm in SC. I hope you had a nice visit. You did a great job while away!

graciey Good luck with Jillian. I also have some of her workouts. I go through stages with her.

Chunkahlunkah Your sleep sounds awesome! There are days I wish I could do that.

Waving Hi all around!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1335 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (400 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories

Dinner (675 calories)
zoodles w/meat sauce & meat ball 400 calories
piece garlic bread 75 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
yogurt 100 calories

Exercise
Body Pump @ gym, then 30 minute swim after
Old 06-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm really glad to have found an active forum for weight loss.

Yesterday I finished at 1,956 calories, and managed to keep snacking calories at 210. My 3-year-old has been sick the last 3 days, so sleep schedules are all messed up and house chores are undone. I need to get everything done before our vacation starts (one week from today). It will get done, but I'm going to have to be super regimented this week.

Today, stress nearly ate me alive when my husband decided to install a home security camera set up ("it will be easy!"). It took almost twelve hours, and there were tools left out, and pieces of camera system within reach of the kids, and baby gates left open everywhere, etc. My back is killing me because I had to hold the baby all day while my husband told me he couldn't contain the mess and he was "almost done." If I had known, I would have just made plans to go to the museum for the day. :P

BUT, it looks like I'm coming in at 1,836 calories today. That's pretty good for me, and really good for a high-stress day, so I'll call it a win.
ForTheLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

ForTheLose Good job on your day.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #36  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limer
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1335 +
Weigh In: 180.8
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 4

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

There will be those days when we feel we're never going to lose any weight. No matter what we do, the pounds stick with us, and we begin to feel foolish for ever supposing we could lose weight. We find ourselves ashamed for believing that we can lose weight and ashamed at having such defeatist thoughts. It's a very hard position to be in. Luckily, we never really have to feel ashamed of the things we try to do that are good and right. Even though we sometimes lose heart, we still have the love and support of the Lord, who will strengthen us and guide us through His Spirit.

Today's thought: I'm proud of what I'm trying to do!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-04-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #37  
Shorty getting fit

It's not even been a week yet that I've been eating less and moving more, so too soon to complain about no results. But that won't stop me. I'm actually up 0.6 today, sigh. I think it's probably water weight from exercise. My body's always been highly susceptible to that. I'm looking forward to when the numbers start dropping!

I wonder if I should also change up the way I'm eating. I've been eating just breakfast and lunch, and then if hungry later only a small snack. I might try eating more frequent small meals. That's how I ate in the past when I was in really good shape.

Diana - Not gonna lie. That hibernation was glorious.

FTL - Significant improvement in your snacking, nicely done! Haha, I hear ya on wishing you'd known the time for installation from the start so you could've gone to the museum instead. I hope your arms get a bit of a break from baby weight today.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Somehow I managed to gain ANOTHER .8 this morning. I golfed yesterday and stuck to 1400 calories. I said I wanted to LOSE 10 pounds in 4 weeks, not gain. I see I am not burning as many calories a day as I used to - which is certainly no surprise as I lose weight. However, seeing my hubby burn over a thousand more than me a day is really irritating.

Diana - The conference was in Myrtle Beach. I much prefer Hilton Head for a beach and vacation, but since it was a conference, I'm just glad it was at the beach. I love Greenville though as well. Actually there are many charming areas of SC. Hopefully this conference will help us get our foot in the door in SC.

forthelose - gotta love the hubby home projects. I've been married 25 years and I've yet to see one go as quickly and smoothly as promised.

Today is my off day of exercise. Tomorrow I kick it into gear. It's nice out, our boat is back and functional so we will be skiing and tooling around this afternoon.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #39  

Hi everyone

I don't even remember even if I signed up for June but I am in. Regardless of the craziness right now, my aim is to keep in as much as I can.

Read all your news and it was a pleasure as always. Diana, happy birthday to Cody, Nancy, good luck with the job interviews. Lurchmomma, I hope you leg is feeling better and yes indeed you can strengthen it, don't despair! A big hi to all of you and sorry for not doing all personals.

Things are going ok here and busy as heck, I finally wore my fitbit again and lo and behold and I am averaging about 17k steps a day with all this work, lot's of sanding and painting. IT was a very busy weekend working and I so look forward to taking tomorrow off!

My goal for right now is to just post when I can, really! I will take it one step at a time and continue with stating my goals as I see how things go and how things pan out here.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and I look forward to hearing and sharing our news in the near future.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Chunkahlunkah Hang in there.

msgooch Myrtle Beach can be a crazy place. We also enjoy Greenville. I'm glad you were able to get to the beach.

Weekend Boater Check-in when you can. Good luck with all you have going on.

Total Approx 1205 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (530 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
apple 80 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (415 Calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
OJ juice equivalent to 60 calories

Exercise
TF Hiit 15
Old 06-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1205 +
Weigh In: 180.4
Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 5

1 Peter 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Fighters have to prepare for their bouts in every way possible. They train for a long time, working toward physical perfection. They eat properly, they rest regularly, they follow the instruction of their trainers closely, and they psych themselves up. Psyching entails a preparation of the mind that equals the preparation of the body. Dieters need that kind of mental preparation. As the Scripture says, we must 'gird up the loins' of our minds. We are fighters against fatness, and the only way we can hope to be victorious is to prepare ourselves completely, day by day, in body, spirit, and mind.

Today's thought: I'm ready for a good fight against fat!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #42  
Shorty getting fit

I'm still up 0.6 but today I know why. It wasn't supposed to be TTOM, but this morning it said, "Ta-da, I'm here!" That also helps explain the coma I was in the other day. I love when it all starts making sense.

Weekend Boater - Your steps are amazing! I hope you're able to get some rest soon.

Thanks, Diana.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I'm starting my new workout program today. I haven't decided if it will be for 4 or 8 weeks yet, we'll see how it goes. Today I did a hiit on the cycle - 30 minutes, 8 pushes. Good grief, it's a good thing I waited until I was in okay cardio shape before attempting it.

I planned all my dinners this week, I pretty much eat either steel cut oatmeal with berries and a yogurt or 2 eggs and a yogurt for breakfast. Today was oatmeal. As long as I have it all written down I can handle it.

Anyone ever get discouraged reading stuff online? It feels like there is no real consensus on diet and exercise so when I try and research anything there is just a lot of naysaying. One person could never possibly eat everything in the quantities suggested for good health and stay within reasonable calories.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey, guys!!! How is it June?? Time is just flying by! New month a new chance to get it right. May was an okay month, but a lot of cheat days. Time to refocus, hoping kids out of school will free up my schedule a bit.

Hope everyone is doing great!
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #45  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

I started Adkins induction today. I hope to see some movement on the scale by next week. Trying to remember to drink water.

Breakfast was eggs, 1/4 avocado, 2 small slices tomato
Lunch was tuna in oil mixed with mayo and 1 tbsp. onion wrapped in lettuce, small slice tomato, 1/4 avocado
Dinner will be hamburger patty with cheese, onion, remaining allotment tomato and 2 cups green salad

Starting weight is 186.2

and away we go!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote