Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #151  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Syckgirlsfv How was the kabobs? Did you put veggies on them, too?

kelijpa DH is wanting burgers tomorrow night.

nancylmrn How was the interview?

Nicholsfamily Great job moving back down.

msgooch Great job tweaking your exercise. I find it interesting how everyone is different. Some people do better with longer cardio, some with short Hiit stuff. Heavy weights are better for some, while lower weight, high rep are better for others.

Waving Hi all around!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie's Red Mile, Jessica Smith Metabolism Booster Total Body Time Saver w/8's
Old 06-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #153  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 180.4
Down: .4

Have a wonderful day!

I love today's devotion.

opied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 17

Psalm 42:11
Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why are thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Our society would have us believe that the person who tries to do something is a failure unless he or she succeeds. Very little honor is awarded the person who gives it her best shot but falls short of the goal. How sad, for it is the person who does her very best who pleases God the most. When we decide to diet and we try to be as faithful to it as we can be, then we are victors in the eyes of the Lord. We need never grow discouraged when we don't lose weight, as long as we are doing the best job we can.

Today's thought: I judge myself harder than God does!
Old 06-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #154  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

good morning chickies!

Today DH and I are meeting with sister and BIL at a ships and sails event. It is a big festival that even has a giant rubber duckie LOL Lots of steps will be taken today!

I am feeling pretty puffy today not sure why, I ate ok yesterday nothing really crazy so carbs and calories were within a good range for me so don't know what is going on

Diana I hope the interview went well I should know by next Wednesday, and on a side note got a call from company I interviewed with at the first of the month and want me to come back for a 2nd interview...next Wednesday. I would much rather work for the interview yesterday, it offers benefits, the other does not.

I will check back in with you later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon!

I read posts this morning, I just forgot to write something. I'm up a few ounces which makes it a week now of not budging on the scale and tracking my food and exercising. I don't like that at all.

Nancy - I think I saw on facebook a picture of that rubber ducky! lol
Diana - hope you're feeling well.

I took about an hour plus nap before. This is why I love the weekends! I'm so worn out from exercise I think I literally need a weekend of rest and relaxation so I can face another week of exercise. I just made the week's menu, hubby went grocery shopping. I like to write out dinner each night, not just the main course, but the sides. Hubby impatiently tapped his foot while I worked through it all, but trust me, everyone will be thrilled come dinner time. Kids still hanging in there with my "diet" dinners.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (420 calories)
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken 340 calories
sliced apple 80 calories

Dinner (820 calories)
lean ground beef patty 240 calories
squeeze of ketchup, mustard, tomato, lettuce 50 calories
2 slices Dave's killer bread 120 calories
organic American cheese 60 calories
steamed yellow squash & zucchini 100 calories
1 serving Pepperidge Farms Coconut cake 250 calories

Exercise
1 hour swimming and just being in the pool
Old 06-18-2017, 07:39 AM   #157  

Good morning. Really no movement on the scale still. Instead of taking off the weekend of exercise I'm going to go hiking at our park with hubby this morning for father's day. I do believe food is the #1 reason for weight loss by a mile, but this really has me stumped. I am being strict, accounting for everything, weighing and measuring and if anything over estimating. I'm not sure how long to give it before really shaking things up somehow. I think a few more days. My daughter's birthday is Wednesday and we're going out to a favorite restaurant. Sometimes just throwing caution to the wind helps get things moving down. I haven't weighed less than this in 20 years, so I wonder if my body is just resisting this new level.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Father's Day!

DH & I still celebrate Father's day, even though our Dad's are no longer with us. I tried to get DH to go to a steakhouse since that's easier for me to maneuver. But he wanted to go to the Japanese steakhouse. UGH! Sodium! For the most part, the food itself is safe, again, except for the sodium. But they do give a ton of rice. I usually package that up (to throw away) as soon as they put it on my plate. I ask for a to go box as soon as I place my order. But, I was thinking. I can't be the only person who would rather have veggies instead of rice. I wonder if they will sub extra zucchini, even if it's an extra charge? Leave it to me to cause more drama, LOL. Since I will be causing drama, I wonder how well it will go over if I also ask for them not to use salt on my food since they already use that bottle with the soy stuff in it? DH might not ever want to go back there by the time I finish tonight.

msgooch
Hang in there for a bit longer. It does take longer to lose the closer you get.

Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 179.4
Down: 1 pound

I am finally showing a loss and DH wants to eat at the Japanese place. UGH! Something I do find interesting, every time I go swimming I seem to show a good loss. I wonder if it's dehydration from the pool or if it's a loss on my own. Meaning, if I had done a different workout, would I still have lost the same amount? I drank my large container of water when I got out of the pool, so I did have water yesterday. Interesting stuff. I just wish I knew the answer.

Have a wonderful day!

I love today's devotion.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 18

Mark 13:35
'Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning.'

Diets need to be taken one day at a time. Each new day means a new diet. If yesterday's diet didn't work, it doesn't really matter. Whether we diet tomorrow or not doesn't matter, either. What does matter is today. Too often we get caught up thinking about all the things we haven't done or dreaming of all the things we ought to do, and we have no time to actually do the things we have set before us right now. God's people live in the present. They learn from the past and hope for the future, but they make the most of every single moment of every day. Live for today and see the miracles begin.

Today's thought: Today's diet will be a success!
Old 06-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #159  
Work in Progress

Good afternoon to all!
This morning was my official weigh in for the week and I am up 1.5lbs. I am really scratching my head so I am going to have to shake things up for me. Just not sure what it is going to be? Calories come in around 1400 to 1500 carbs 20-30, I exercise formally 5 days a week and weekends I am always over 12,000 steps. I eat plenty of veggies, that is where the bulk of my carbs come from. I am worried that these now totaling 5lb gain since mid May is a backwards step to my health. I admit I still make good choices about eating low carb, I am just eating different than when I first started this journey, more variety than in the beginning. Does this mean I am destined to eat boring food the rest of my life to maintain or lose??

So starting Monday morning I am going to review my food logs from back in December the month I lost the most and see if I can pick up a clue.

Diana that is an interesting observation about exercise in the pool vs outside

msgooch, please hang in there I have been on this plateau since March
Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

My breakfast and lunch were the same today as yesterday. I ate lunch at the same place. For dinner we went to the Japanese place. I requested no rice but to sub extra veggies and they were able to do that for me. I didn't bring up about the salt, . So, my dinner was the onion broth, salad with the soy dressing, grilled shrimp appetizer, grilled zucchini, grilled jumbo shrimp, grilled scallops, grilled lobster, and the sherbet dessert.

My calories were way out there but the sodium is probably through the roof. For exercise I went on an outdoor walk (1 hour 15 minutes) with one of the church family. She lives around the corner from me.

That was my day. I will show a sodium gain. But I managed the food pretty well. Tomorrow is back on plan.

Enjoy your evening!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #161  
Work in Progress

Good eve!,
well calories were over tonight I indulged in some sweet potato fries so that shot my calories up to 2200 and carbs to 33 yikes. And starting tomorrow I am back to hard core low carb. I am going to go back daily weigh in just to keep myself in check. I will do this I think until my birthday in July I am so discouraged with this gain and I will continue with my morning workouts....

OK here I go
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

nancylmrn You've got this!

This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 181.4
Up: 2 pounds

Have a great day and start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 19

Isaiah 43:2
'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.'

Diets are endurance tests. How long can we hope when we feel as if the end of our trial is nowhere in sight? There will be an end to our diets, even though we often can't see it. It is good to know that God is with us and He is there to listen to us and share with us throughout our diet. God will be faithful to turn every kind of bad situation to good use. God is the source of our hope. Even when we can't see an end, God will give us the strength and determination we need to succeed. We cannot be beaten in our diets as long as we place our hope in God.

Today's thought: I can always make it through just one more day!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #163  

Ugh, still no movement on the scale.

What's even worse is how annoying hubby is too - lol. This morning he's like, it's really not possible, you exercise like crazy and don't eat. I am measuring myself and I did lose a little off my waist, but more off my thighs. I need it off my belly - not my legs!! lol He thought maybe the weights were doing it to me and I needed more cardio - I don't think it's possible to exercise more than I am. So I told him to stop victim blaming - lol.

I'll admit I never before understood people who were on a plateau - I thought they were probably eating more than they thought or the the wrong things. Now I get it. I'm doing exactly the same thing, eating the same foods. I also haven't been below this weight since before I had my babies. My babies are in college. So I wonder if there is something to the set point theory. I'm also still overweight so it's not like I'm a size 2 wanting to be a size 0.

I'm going out for my d's birthday to a nice restaurant Wednesday night. I'm going to just eat whatever and see if that somehow triggers things going down.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #164  
Work in Progress

good morning everyone!

I did not do my WI like I planned because I am still feeling puffy. I did however put my fitness pal on my phone I have not used that app in years. I am going to switch to it instead of the Atkins food and weight tracker. I know it really does not make any difference which I use if I am still doing the same things but it is more of a mental shift to kick start me to another way of thinking.

Week 5 of my 8 just started and I am doing good. Today was a total body workout and an extra credit upper body. Yikes. My heel is still giving me problems so I had to do a few modifications today but I hope it heals soon.

Well I am off for more online job searching ...oh the joy
Old 06-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 212/209.6/160

I am back on plan today. I've been sick with vertigo the last few weeks. Managed to not gain weight during that time. I did get some exercise and stretching in.

B: Shake

S: Yogurt or veggie broth

L: Salmon, spinach, salad

D: Shake
ChelsieT is offline   Reply With Quote