3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#400 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31325-300-ready-try-again-400-a.html)

MichelleK 09-01-2003 04:30 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#400

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

MichelleK 09-01-2003 04:35 PM

OK Now I gotta post 'cause I want this one to be on top!

Can you believe we are on #400 ! That is so amazing!

I am having a good day today food wise. I made omelettes and bacon this morning! I only had 2 slices of bacon and counted the points. I made mine a veggie omelette with low fat cheese and mostly egg whites! I had lite toast w/butter spray. I have only eaten a 2 pt piece of cheddar cheese since then! I am making eggplant parm for dinner and want to save my points for the pasta...I love pasta. I am broiling the eggplant that came fresh from our garden so it will be healthy and low point! No fying for this babe!! I want these pounds to come off!

Oh Sandyyy....I haven't seen you around....where are you???

Ok I gotta go get started on the dinner but I will be back!

TTFN Michelle

QueenB 09-01-2003 04:44 PM

I just have to say.......

Happy Labor Day!!

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/5...4/32998169.jpg

QueenB 09-01-2003 04:50 PM

just got back from Walmart....

from buying food.....good for you food.

I got plenty of fruits, veggies, whole grain bread & pasta and lean meat. I am all set for this week! We had to fill up two buggies but it will be worth it. I must also say, after an extensive search all over the store, I found some hummus, (you know, because Michelle is talking about it all the time) and bought it too. But I do have to say, either I got the wrong kind (roasted garlic) or I am just not a chick pea lover, because honestly......gross. :no: I am not a lover of hummus. At least NOT the kind I got. :lol:

Other than that, it's been a real good day. Michelle beat me to posting the 400th thread....shame on you. :nono: Just kidding. I'm just so happy to see my girl here and posting again, she can start em all if she wants too. :yes:

I'm gonna hop off here for now, I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Labor Day. I'm rearranging my Tony room right now, so I'll be in la la land for a little while. :s:

See you later! :wave:

katrinabgood 09-01-2003 07:12 PM

That is SO funny, Tina...I got the roasted garlic hummus TOO! Just because Michelle has been talking about it...I haven't tried it yet!

Scared to now...

MichelleK 09-01-2003 07:18 PM

I LOVE the roasted garlic hummus and the roasted red pepper hummus and especially the eggplant one! The garlic is good with pretzels dipped into it! Yummy! Don't be scared Kat...even a picky 3 year old likes it!! Did you get the Tribe of Two Sheiks Brand Hummus???

I bought these sugar free gummy bears today. 17 of them are only 2 points...they are good too! Fruity tasting!! Nothing like the hummus! LOL

Gotta go give the boy a bath and get my lunch ready for tomorrow...John and the boy get to stay home tomorrow...its John's day off! Lucky them!!

Michelle

qsilver 09-01-2003 07:29 PM

Hey everyone :)

I finally got my article all written and sent off. You know, the one that had a deadline of last Wednesday. Pam, you ain't got nothin' on this procrastinating chick! I've just had so much spinning around in my brain the last few weeks, I couldn't manage to write an intelligent sentence. But I'm finally getting clear and things are coming together. :) Feels so good to have it done!

Today was our last day of water aerobics. Can't tell you how much I love these ladies. They are the coolest group of women. We had a potluck afterwards, and I felt kind of bad because I didn't have anything to bring. The fridge is pretty empty and I spent too much time writing this morning to go pick up anything. They were all cute and said to come anyway, there would be more than enough to eat, and they just wanted my company. Well, I figured because it was our exercise class that the fare would be health oriented. I was sooooo wrong! I should have snuck my wet self out the back door! One woman did put together a gorgeous fruit tray, but everything else was high sugar, high fat, and all the stuff we try to stay away from here. I kept portions very small, but even then it was pretty overboard. There was only one recipe I might even be able to share. Oops, just read that one over, and never mind. Not even an easy way to lighten it up! But it was still fun and some incredible person brought my favorite pumpkin chocolate cookies. Yes, I stuck to one of those, thank you. Of course, they are like 4 inches across and really thick...

I'm supposed to be getting in the shower before we head out the door to a family barbecue. Guess that limits reply time yet again. :( But I did want to say Thin's dh has newly qualified on the super romantic guy list. And Tina, I'm following the Curves diet plan. Michelle, I'm with you, hummus rocks!!! We even make our own now.

Ummm... I just got caught by the family. They walked in the door and I'm not in the shower yet! Oops? :o

Got to run! Happy Labor Day!

Andria

VermontChick 09-01-2003 08:04 PM

Note to all: I ALSO love roasted garlic hummus...on pita bread..hummus is so low in calories and points too, how can you go wrong?

I went out with my brother today to the 99 restaurant..i did well..i had chicken fajitas...all grilled :)

pjkdreamer 09-01-2003 09:29 PM

hello gals,

I had the hardest time getting on line this time!! the computer acts as if it is trying to climb a very steep hill!!!!! so I restarted and this is a little better, I was about to throw in the towel though! tooo aggravating for me, patience has never been one of my virtues:dizzy: :dizzy:

Never tried any hummus or couscous, but just might have to give it a taste..

today has been absolutely glorious!! visited with my family this morning, went antiquing this afternoon, had a nice quite dinner with Jane, all in all has been a fab weekend. I needed the respite from the mundane and the routine...

It is 8:23 and I have yet to do my exercise routine, I know, I know, I just kept finding things to do today instead, but I am going right after this post...I think that is what I said at the last post....procrastination, told you chickies!!

400 posts that is quite a feat!! is it more than the other groups??? we are some posting chickies:dance: :dance:

Have a nice evening all, what is left of it. I will ck in tomorrow am.

2cute2Bfat 09-01-2003 10:25 PM

Hidey Ho Fine Friends. :wave:
I have had a busy weekend...nothing special... but busy just the same.
Saturday my entire family came here and spent the day/evening.
My favorite college football team won. :D

I don't remember what I did Sunday.... Hmmm :chin:

Today we woke up to still MORE RAIN. :rain:
It has rained everyday since and including Thursday.
Did not get my exercise in. :( This is the first day I have missed.
DH and I later got in the car and drove to a nearby town that has lots of antique/junk stores. They also have lots of good restaurants too. But... we chose one with lousy food. :rolleyes:
My son asked us to baby sit AGAIN. We babysit all the time it seems. We told him "no" and i think he was shocked. But I just did not want to... I wanted a holiday too ... plus I see them just about every other day. And I had to cook for EVERYONE 2 of the 3 days. I wanted a rest.

I am going to bed early tonight. I have not gotten much sleep this weekend. I have been mad at my husband more than not. LOL My mind races and I just can't sleep well then.

I am not going to reply to everyone. Someone mentioned OSU and football. They played Nebraska Saturday not Ohio. Of course they are OU's main rival. Grrrrrr. LOL

Thin... we all want to hear more about your date. Did you write more that I missed ???

(yawning) I am sooo sleepy when I get on here.
I think I will head for bed now. Good night.

And don't forget.... ONE DAY AT A TIME.
If today was bad.... tomorrow is a new day.
If today was good... tomorrow is a new day.
Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

QueenB 09-01-2003 10:29 PM

Hummus...or not to hummus....

THAT is the question. :lol:

I wasn't saying anything bad about it, I just didn't care for it, that's all. I was very excited about it, and I usually love roasted garlic, but there was just something about it that grossed me out. Oh well, to each his own. I'm glad I got the chance to try it. I wasn't sure where it was in the store and it took four employees before one actually knew what it was. :lol: Don't be afraid to try it Kat, you will probably like it. Trey did. :yes:

Oh....in the produce section, I also got some champagne grapes. Have you ever seen those? They are so teeny tiny and very sweet! :T I just LOVE them. I'm taking them to eat with my cereal in the morning.

Ya'll have a wonderful evening and I will check in with you either in the morning or after Trey's football game.

Love you guys... :grouphug:

pjkdreamer 09-01-2003 11:19 PM

Girls,

Just so you know, I did my exercise!!!!! good night!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

VermontChick 09-02-2003 02:52 AM

Well, I've been pacing for the past half an hour to avoid snacking...I had an emotional night and I found that all I wanted to do was eat in order to comfort myself...but...I actually stayed away from the food and distracted myself for a little while.

Darn boy troubles!! grr!! :( I'll write a full post tomorrow at some point.

Grannie39074 09-02-2003 07:35 AM

Good morning all

pjkdreamer 09-02-2003 08:19 AM

Hello Chickies,

Hope all is well with you this morning! Going back to work today..ugh!! but, I have had a marvelous little break. Off since Sat at 2:30p and do not go in till 3 today!! It has been just the respite I needed. I feel re-energized and I have had the opportunity to re-group!! I am most grateful.

Good Morning Mary.... :love: :grouphug:

MissMeliss, hope you made it through last night without giving into the :devil: of eating to comfort...he is a pesky old coot!! RELENTLESS SOMETIMES.

Tina, champagne grapes, sounds delicious, and decadent. We deserve a little decadence now and again, right?? Just imagine, ahhhhhh, Tony could be feeding you those!!!

:s: :censored: :tape: I will let you fill in the blanks!! :D :D . no seriously, let hubby feed them to you....;)

Chickies it is breakfast time, and I am :hun: