Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #16  
a work in progress...

Mornin' lassies...

It's raining here too...next four days are predicted full of rain too. I guess I should have cut the grass last week before the sailing expedition...I'll need a machete to hack my way through the jungle if it ever stops.

We must be on the same wavelength, Tina...not only did we both get the hummus, (Cedar's Roasted Garlic and Chive) I bought the most delicious grapes too! These were black seedless grapes...I never saw them before, but they were wonderful! I say were, because the three of us powered through them like gang busters! I also bought the Kudos recommended by Miss Tina, but I haven't tried them yet.

Well, we went to see my daughter yesterday...nose ring/schmose ring...it was SO good to see my girl! I really miss her a lot. She's having a great time, she's working hard, and she's made some nice friends...yeah, the ones who also got pierced! I really wanted to not like them and be pissed at them for leading my young one astray.........and they are just so sweet and young and away from home for the first time and spreading their wings and trying their freedom on for size. (Besides, i was told that my daughter was the first one in the piercing chair!) We took them all to dinner...my daughter, her four friends, dh, myself, my son and my nephew. It was nice getting to know them, we had a good time. The nose ring isn't as bad as I had feared...it's a very tiny little diamond...you'd almost miss it if it didn't sparkle.

Wellllll...I've got to help my son find something to wear to orientation this morning...Tomorrow is his first day at middle school. My baby.

We got one off on her own...and now, the other is just climbing aboard the teen age merry go 'round...here we go again!

see you all later...
Old 09-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Oh Kat... how well I remember those days.... I am glad my kids are "almost" grown up.
I also remember when my youngest wanted to pierce her tongue too.
She reminded us how she was "of age" ... 18 ... and she did not need our permission. We gently reminded her that she DID need our money and we weren't paying for college for anyone with a tongue piercing. I guess we were lucky that she turned 18 while still home and in high school so she knew our views before she headed out to college. LOL

On the topic of humus... all humus is NOT created equal.
Some our fairly good while others are blah. IMHO (in my humble opinion)
I again was lucky that I had a daughter who liked all humus so I could buy many different varieties and not waste any that I did not like. I suggest you try a few different flavors.

And I also LOVE black grapes.
I too bought some last week. My favorite by far !!!

Still raining here today. UGH Plus... it is almost COLD outside. Brrrrr
No swimming for this girl today.
Tomorrow it is suppose to clear off and warm up a bit.

My food started off bad again today. BUT that does NOT mean it will stay bad. I CAN AND WILL get my act back together.

Okay ladies... have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:06 AM   #18  

Thumbs up

WHY are people so stupid?????

I just have to ask, cuz people just open their mouths and don't think.

I went to open house today to meet the kids teachers. They are both very nice, but my daughter's preschool teacher got off on the wrong foot and said that she "noticed that I was expecting soon". Without missing a beat, I looked her straight in the eye and replied "No. I'm just fat" then grinned at her . This is my standard reply to this mis-observation. She looked like she was going to fall over dead , then started stammering about how oh so sorry she was. I just let her stammer until she could stammer no more, said it was just LOVELY meeting her, and left.

Once again, just as I start to feel like my weight loss is progressing and I'm doing so well, someone has to open their big fat mouth and take me down a few notches. It's like some force of stupidity is out to make sure I NEVER have self esteem and that I stay self concious and hate my body forever.

Sorry to come in and gripe to you guys, but you are the only people that would truly understand. Oh well. Give it a few months and I'll show them. Won't I?

Phooey. I'm not up to doing responses at the moment, so I'll check back in later.

Jen
Old 09-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #19  

Don't let her get you down. Keep your chin up!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #20  

Hey chicky friends,

We got back yesterday from our camping trip. The kids had a blast and it was great family quality time. The first day I was getting a little worried that this would be the trip from ****. We set the tent up only to find that it had a huge slit in the side, but hubby sewed it up enough to be used this one last time. Then our air mattress was flat by the middle of the night, then I wake up friday AM with a sore hip from hitting the ground, go to the potty to discover TOM has decided to join our family trip......this was not planned. So, I had to drive to the nearest store in the middle of no mans land and buy some tampax, and I ended up paying $3.99 for a box of 10..... but, I would have paid 10.00 if I had too, I'm sure you all agree. But after all that we ended up having a great time.

Today was the kids first day back to school, so they were excited about that too. Hope all is going well for them. I had today off and went grocery shopping and all that good stuff, and after a summer of having to take the kids with me, it was a nice change to go all by myself.

Hummus: I love the stuff, I love it on a wrap with roasted turkey, sharp cheese, and sprouts.....yummy . But there are all sorts of flavors that I have not even tried, I get stuck in one thing you know.....

Jen: Don't let that lady bring you down. You have worked hard for what you have done. You can continue to do well. I bet the next time you see her she will be kissing your butt big time. This could work to your advantage......Look at the bright side, you got her were you want her.....{{{HUGS}}}}

Well, I hate to run, but I spent forever reading to catch up.....I will be back later gators....
Hugs,

Sandy
Old 09-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Jen....

I don't have a lot of time to post, but I did want to say this to you: PHOOEY on that big dummy. What she said was her problem and not yours. I'm glad you just let her stand there and stammer. Serves her right. Fortunately, I've never been asked the old "Gee, when are you expecting" question, although not for fear I would be. I think I'm more round all the way around versus anyone looking at me and thinking I was pregnant. I think it's easy to see I'm just fat. I hope after you left she was mortified. Don't worry girl.... what goes around comes around and when she sees you later on this year, she'll really remember that humiliation. Keep your head up, ok? {{hugs}}

Everyone else.....I love you and I'll pop back in later. I had a delicious banana nut muffin (low fat) and some of those grapes this morning for breakfast. The sweetness of the grapes really offset the nutty flavor of the muffin. SO yummy.

Also, Pam ......with the grapes being so small, it would take Tony......uh, I mean, Ron a long time to feed them to me, wouldn't it?

Have a great day ladies.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #22  

Jen,
You know that women is a big idiot to say that to someone. Just think about it for a minute, she'll ALWAYS be a dunce, but you won't be "pregnant" for much longer. Wait until she takes a look at you when you hit goal.

Well girls I am back from MIA. It was a pretty crappy holiday weekend cause I spent most of it in the bathroom. But I am back to myself again. I've neglected all of you, I have to go back and read, read, read.
I just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm ALIVE!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Well ladies here I am again. I know I said I was not going to swim today because it was still raining here... but ... the rain stopped and I just felt I had to exercise to make up for the food I have eatten lately. The water was FREEZING COLD !!!!! It is only in the 70's here and the water temp was too. BRRrrrrr !!! I figured my metabalism had to crank itself up to just try and warm up my body temp.

I remember watching Oprah one day and Bob Greene (her personal exercise guru) had this guy he was helping on her show... He told him to make exercise a daily part of his life. Not to worry about the food yet... EXERCISE came first.
This guy ate whatever he wanted but exercised daily. The day finally came that he wanted to improve his food habits to get total advantage of his exercise. I keep remembering his success overall.

I WANT my food back on plan... I don't want to continue eating off plan.
If I just keep exercising and keep focused I will be back to my better eating habits.

Jen... I know it is easier said than done... but forget about that stupid comment.
It was a HUGE mistake on that womans part... but I guaranntee she won't be able to forget it either. Don't waste another minute of you energy thinking about it. It is true....

When you focus on a negative.. the negative increases..
When you focus on a positive ... the positive increases.
What ever you choose to focus on ... will influence your life in that manner.

Jen... it is the law of nature. So set your thoughts on positive influences not any negative ones.

Tina.. I am like you... no one thinks I am pregnant... they just say...
WOW !!! You're FAT !!!

Sandy .. welcome home. I sure miss those camping trips. Hopefully next summer I can go again.

Workinprogress... That was sure nice of you to post to Jen.
I hope you decide to post more often here with us.

Okay... just want to tell you all about my hummingbirds.
I only had one feeder out since we moved here.
Yesterday I put out three... and I have a dozen hummingbirds now... all fighting for supremcy. LOL They are sooo cute. They fly within a foot of me constantly. They are noisey little fighters too. No body wants to share. LOL I am going to buy me some more feeders. If they get established here this year they will come back next year too. I am soooo happy about this.

Okay.. I am going now.
I WILL be successful with improving my food choices.
So it is written... so it is done !!!

Ooppss.. Natalie... i almost forgot you.
I am so sorry you spent most of your weekend in the bathroom.
That does not soundlike fun at all.
Hopefully you are feeling better now.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-02-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:30 PM   #24  

I am, starting, once again, to try to get healthy, lose weight - I just turned 52 and my motto for the year is 53 by 53, meaning I need to lose at least 53 pounds this year. I read an article in the Tribune last week about weight loss blog sites and I found this site through that article. I will be looking to share inspiration etc - it is 4:20 pm and so far so good today, but I am on my way to a meeting where they will have cookies (good ones) I know I need to make a plan and that is to sit far away from the table, and take 2 bottles of water - I am glad to meet all of you out there struggling to be healthy.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Hello chicklets
WEll our new girl started today. She was overwhelmed but she will do fine it will take time.

DH left for Indiana again he will be back Wed I hope. My son called me at work about 5:30 and said mon do you want Chinese for dinner? Meet me at the chinese resturant and i'll buy.
So I did Oh well tomorrow is another day
I am back down though, to the weight I was at when I started the Prednizone.

Glad to see so many of you here Love all of you. Pam sorry I keep missing your calls.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #26  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Back from the football game....

and we won 20-0! Woo Hoooo! Go Falcons! I guess what I mean by saying that we won, is that Trey's team won. This was his very first game of the year and what a way to start it off. I was VERY proud of him. He sacked the quarterback twice and took a running back down that had the ball once. There's always this guy there that does a very good job videotaping the game, so we're getting one from him next week....you know, kinda to preserve the memory, and of course, give dh and Trey something to talk about for weeks. Well, at least until the next game.

Food has been really good today and I got in my 1 mile WATP. What about you guys? Did you get your exercise in today?

Thin: I am totally with you. 30 lbs. gone by Christmas sounds like the perfect present to me!!

janealice Welcome to our little corner of the world. You've just joined a fantastic group of women. Post and post often...that's the best way to get to know you!

Mary: Good to see you....hope you're feeling better. So.....your dh is going to Indiana huh, any chance he might bring a certain someone back with him for me?

2cute: Good for you for exercising today. You even made the water sound fffffrrreeezzing. I know your food plan will soon follow suit....it just takes a matter of getting it all together and I know you can do it.

Natalie: I have been wondering about you little woman...good to see you back safe and sound. Sorry to hear about your crappy vacation. (no pun intended) Well, maybe. Hope you feel better soon.

Sandy: Geez, it sure is good to have you back here with us Miss Camping Queen. Sounds like you didn't have a wonderful time, but made the best of it. Sorry to hear about the TOM thing....doesn't it always know when to show up?

Ok ladies, I'm going to try and get me some shut eye. I didn't sleep very well last night so I am really tired. I hope you all have a wonderful night full of OP dreams!

Love you all.....
Old 09-02-2003, 10:18 PM   #27  

Hey chickies - sounds like you all had a nice Labor Day weekend. Me, I didn't do anything special. Just stayed home.

I've finally caught up reading the other threads. I'm not going to do individual replies tonight, I've already spent a lot of company time reading the other posts.

I do want to WELCOME Jane Alice to our little group. So glad you found us. Just make yourself at home. This is a wonderful group of ladies.

I want to ask - what is hummus? I've heard of it but have never seen it.

I've spent today and yesterday getting stuff done at home before I go in for my procedure Thurs. I've done the laundry, cleaned the bed sheets and bedspread, and cleaned up the car. Just need to vacuum and mop my kitchen floor. I've got to go stock up on food which I plan to do after work. I've put fresh batteries in my TV remote. Will try to get to the library Wed and get a couple of books.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. If I don't get back in here then, you will be hearing from me next week. See you all later.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:58 PM   #28  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation drumroll!

WELCOME JANE ALICE! This is a great group of people and they really help keep you in line, right ladies ?

Tomorrow is *the* day..the day where I weigh in and see how well I've done for the week.

Today wasn't bad at all..I ate well, and I had manicotti for dinner (it's only six points for two frozen pieces ) For desert I had an ice cream sundae, but I used reduced fat ice cream and whipped cream...damn that low-fat ice cream is as hard as a brick! I had a heck of a time getting the ice cream out
I got a lot of errands done today too :-D Tomorrow I'm going to start lifting weights...ten pounds...just so I can start toning up all the flab :-p Tonight I'm going to brave our foyer...all full of packed boxes..and search for my walk away the pounds tapes and my weighted balls :-p Wish me luck braving all that junk

Thin: My career in merchandising is well on its way...I already work for about three different places, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an eventual part time regular job..that way I can have some sort of base income and then pick up other projects for extra cash :-D And don't worry about giving too much information about your sex life ...it's true and some things just have to be said

Mary: Good morning!! Well it's evening now...I haven't heard much from you in a while...you haven't been talking much, stranger! :-p

Pam: While you worry about going "back" to work on Tuesday, I'm doing a jig because my long weekend is over!! Ha! That's what I get for working on a retail schedule...never can relate to anyone! I have never ever had a regular 9-5 job..and I'm not so sure I would ever want one..I really love being out during the week, I hate fighting all those crowds on the weekends unless I'm being paid to do it

Kat: Nose rings are so bad...just be happy that it's a nice tame location..and yeah I think it's a rite of passage..I assume she's off at college for the first time? Talk about a scary experience at first
I don't ever remember feeling so excited yet sooooo scared about anything in my life. I'm so glad I went away to college though, I had some wonderful experiences in my all-girl dorm (I was also thankful for THAT..I didn't have to live with boys ) We used to have lotion fights and hop like bunnies in the hallways...we did such crazy things during finals, we needed release from the stress!

2Cute: I toyed with the idea of getting my tongue done years ago and then decided that there were three things I was accustomed to doing: tasting my food, singing, and having nice teeth ...so long to the idea of pierced tongue! By the way, how is the house coming? Mine is a wreck and I don't know where half of my stuff is I need to find my exercise tapes before they get lost in my foyer forever! Oh, and I totally understand how the food/working out thing works..for some reason I NEVER SEEM TO HAVE THE TWO NSYNC..it's really annoying because last summer I probably could have lost a lot more weight..I was so dilligent about working out too

Jen: How utterly rude! I would NEVER EVER say that to someone unless I was TOTALLY sure they were pregnant, just because there IS a possibilty that they might be overweight. *sigh*..what can we do?

SPEAKING OF RUDE PEOPLE....
People are just MEAN..today I was backing out of my driveway (we have a blind driveway) ..and the speed limit is posted at 40mph on my road, yet of course people whiz by at alarmingly fast speeds so you have to be really really careful and fast. Well I always am, and I noticed it was clear, so I backed out, and I looked behind me to make sure all was ok and no one was about to hit my rear, when this OLD HUGE PICKUP truck comes ZIPPING around the corner and since i'm still partially on her side of the road as I back out, she has to slow down for a minute, I look out of my window so that I can wave an apology, and the redneck ugly lady flips me off!! I mean hello!! Sorry to inconvenience you maybe I should have just stayed home!

Sandy: I Know the feeling..especially since I'm an extra heavy flower ever since I gave up the birth control pill ...Seriously..a box of ten might just barely last me the weekend, but I'd also make sure I bought a bundle of overnight pads too..just in case

Tina: Exercise starts tomorrow :-D Weights, baby

Dixie: Hummus is found in the dairy section usually..bear with us..it SOUNDS bad but..it's good...it's mashed chickpea spread You put it on breads or crackers or whatever and it's really quite tasty and filling
Old 09-02-2003, 11:50 PM   #29  

Miss Meliss - I will have to check out the dairy section; chickpea spread?? - I dunno. I really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I will give this a try and see how I like it. Is this kinda like taking mashed up pinto beans and making bean dip? Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

I may get to leave work early tonight - whoopee!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:47 AM   #30  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Connie:

It doesnt taste like you would expect it to!! It's kind of like..you know...the guacamole of chickpeas LOL

You can get them in tons of flavors, like garlic and roasted pepper..but make sure you get Cedars :-D That's made right here down the road
Closed Thread