Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!!!!

Just a quick note to say hi!!!!

Working on getting my mindset started for tomorrow when i am going to make a gang buster attempt to get back on track....

Took all my measurements again so I know exactly where I am going to be starting at again....

Have a brand new journal.... always like starting fresh....

Am starting to study for the real estate license..... have set up a reading schedule for this....

Also going to be joining the book club on here so will be reading that also....

Trying to go through all this and keping up the work load when i am not longer motivated at all.....

UGH!!!!

Well I am off to go the the South Beach Diet to get my grocery list together.

Then i am going to go for a walk around the neighborhood!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #62  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

I am in the best of moods. I weighed in at 180.0 this morning and am very excited. I know from past diet experiences that 180 has always been the "turning point" for me. If I can get below it -- I will be "home free". At my height, each 10 pound loss from here on makes dramatic improvements.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and finished my walk in the gym before 9:00 am. By 11:00 am, I was on my way to the mall with my daughter. She wanted to walk -- so we did -- I'm pretty sure we covered enough ground that I can consider today a "double day" for exercise. Since that's an outdoor mall; it was really pleasant.

I spent most of my time going into the more exclusive stores looking for "ideas" for later when I attack my piles of fabric. I saw some cute things; intriguing bits of design here and there that I can "retranslate" into something I like even better.

I feel much different now that I'm back on my thyroid meds. I don't know why I neglect to take them most of the time. I know that I have absolutely no energy without them. Since I am remembering the past few days -- I'm running around like the energizer bunny!

I also did some shopping -- bought my daughter some things. There wasn't any point buying more "chubby clothes" for myself, so I settled on shopping for her.

Other than that...today was really quiet. I'm a bit behind on my packages because we spent hours in the mall...but it was well worth it. I really had fun being with my daughter. She has so much homework, I rarely get to spend time with her during the school year -- so today was a real treat.

Hope you all had a wonderful diet day!!

Rainbowmyst

Old 09-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #63  

Rainbow- That is so wonderful!!!! YEAH!!!!!! you are doing great! I am glad to hear your thyroid meds help so much! I wish mine did.... but I have lots of different problems with various hormones since my hysterectomy....

They tried to leave my ovaries in which is now a BIG mistake because one day my ovaries work, one day they dont, one day they work alittle.... It is hard to give me hormone meds unless you monitor every single day....

Anyway, Went to the grocery store and bought lots of good stuff... bought some Diet Rite soda.... havent tried it before but it is made with Splenda which is natural vs Nutrasweet and all those.... thought i would give it a try.

Hope all is well!
Old 09-14-2003, 09:29 PM   #64  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello Everyone. Sorry to have been away for a while. I have been reading your posts but just didn't have time to come in and stay a while. It's late here now but I'm going to get some words down for y'all.

First of all, I guess I'm most concerned about rainbowmyst, hearing you crashed and burned and had a most disappointing, probably disheartening encounter with your now no doubt "former" friend. Wow, I wonder what the problem was about? Curious, curious, but of course I'm not going to push you for it. I've had things happen with people too and I've had to put them down for a while. Sometimes people just aren't good for you. It can be a bad time in their lives or in yours and it just makes for a clash. It's a shame but I'd just try to get out there and make new friends. You can't expect, if you're changing and developing to have the same people stay with you. I'd try not to see it as a shame or a loss, but as an indication that things are changing and heh, if you want things to change then it is likely to be positive. I know you may not be feeling like thinking about it so objectively but maybe soon you'll be able to. Keep your chin up and stop seeking solace in food. A little bit ain't gonna hurt you so just get back on track with your fast.

Ok, I see now in a later post that you are back. Interesting with the "punishment." It's too bad about your feet hurting now but it'll get better. Is there no way you can swim. That is the best thing as there's no burden on the joints.

LKBAngel, How are you? Thanks for the compliment. Oh, and I must get some exercises to you. I'll look for some links. You probably already know the usual shoulder exercises, no, arms straight out front with elbows straight (for front of delts), arms bent with hands on shoulders and elbows out to sides then lift arms straiht up (for tops of delts), bend slightly forward and bring arms from starting position together in front of body out to sides with elbow only slightly bent, raise to shoulder height no further, think of raising from elbows, which should stay above hands (for side delts), and lastly lean forward at waist and do the side delt one again but because you're leaning forward it'll work the back of the shoulder. These are the usual basic shoulder routine done with light weights to start with, a book in each hand, a can of food, a bottle of water. Maintain good form and go up fairly quickly, hold a touch and go down SLOWLY. You should feel a burn toward the end of a set when doing 10 reps, otherwise the weights are too light.
I still must find that book to give you a little routine of exercises for preventing rotary cuff injury, which is the most common injury and comes because very small muscles in the shoulder joint weaken with age and then, if suddenly used funnily, can be damaged.

By they way, those were very wise words you said about people. I find the same and am glad you're seeing where much of the problem, if not all, lies outside us. When we're younger or don't have much esteem then we tend to put the blame on ourselves. And also I like what you said about deciding whether our "faults" keep us down, though I wouldn't think of them as faults per se but more just something that may work for us at times but shouldn't be used as a blanket way of dealing with the world and other people.

Oh, heh, a big welcome to doIlookfat! How are you doing?

Lavender Girl, I see you got the colors working. I'm glad, it makes things cheerier, doesn't it? Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. What are you doing to lose weight? Just cutting back? exercising more? Are you near Stuttgart or Augsburg or around there and are you in the military (if you don't mind me asking, otherwise just ignore me ) I lived in Munich for four years. German was my major in university and I went abroad for my junior year, then stayed. I've been back a few times on stories and so but not for long. I like it but then got tired of the seriousness atmosphere of so much of it and the oldness, something I don't really like. I have found Asia to be a surprising compromise and much more open and tolerant, and I don't know, just freer feeling (for me at least) than Europe was.

Oh, don't you worry about me and dear Phil. I can't stand him but I'll read him (if I can find his book dirt cheap used somewhere down the road over here). Nothing like being informed. He just rubs me the wrong way, that's all and I don't like his smug style. But I don't want to talk about him. If whatever you read helps you then fine, go with it! I just got ticked on the Phil thread because someone had come in and said she didn't like him and that poster got shot down. What's all the defensiveness about? Other people's opinions shouldn't just be respected, I think they should be welcomed and encouraged. How else will we ever realize our own blind spots?

Sorry, I don't know of any recipes offhand. What do you mean by male plans and foods though? Anyhow, I'm a vegetarian so the things I eat would probably not appeal, although curries might. I love Indian food and make a lot of curry. They can be very easy to make if you get all the spices in them and you can easily take out the fat to make them healthy.

Heh, I am having MAJOR problems with my computer so let me get this out to you if I can and I'll catch up with the people I missed later. I wrote this last night by the way and it's already Monday morning here but I think I can send it now. Wish me luck!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #65  
Never give up

OK, I changed keyboards. Am now using an old one and that seems to have helped. Last night I couldn't do anything as I couldn't type and any application I called up it was like someone was holding a key down. Anyhow, it's OK for now. Probably the cats lying on it messed something up.

Well, let's see, I was going through all the old posts and replying by name and here I hadn't gotten to our founder Angel26 yet. Sorry! Since you have the most posts I was putting them all together at the end. You're so funny warning Lavender about me not liking Dr. Phil! Don't worry. I'm not going to go off pouting in a corner because people don't do things MY way! Like I said to Lavender before, it was the response to another poster that bothered me. I hate to see anyone being silenced. EVERYONE has a different way of seeing things and I believe we should always strive to really, I mean, REALLY, empathsize with another. This can be near impossible because we have drawn our own conclusions through our own perceptions on life. It's very important to form our own opinions as that's the only thing we can do. It's no good either to be opinionless as that would more or less constitute being without thought! but it is imperative that we always strive to see other realities. I think this is extremely hard for most people. Our realities are formed by what we have experienced but reading and imagination, an expansion of the mind, not an opening, can take us further than our experiences. OK, getting a bit heavy here.

So, Angel26, how are you doing with your weight loss? You sound to be gearing up for another onslaught. You sound fired even though you say you have no motivation. But what else can we do? Sometimes it works to go through the motions and the feelings will follow.

As far as an emotional roller coaster. I'm not really on one. It's just that things in my life right now are full of uncertainties. I more or less have lived without a net for years and enjoy it because being "hungry" I feel keeps you awake. It forces you to constantly rely on yourself. But now, things just seem to be hitting all at once and even I (the perennial "What? Me Worry? type) am not worried but feeling the crunch. And it's pissing me off. My friend is gettin g married in N.Y. next month and I would love to go but the lack of money (not a problem in itself as I'd just borrow) coupled with the mega uncertainties as to job, horse etc. (all money-related though) are making me think it is just TOO unwise to go. So that's annoying me.

But I am a fighter, resilient like you wouldn't believe, so hard times almost are perhaps what I need now.

As for the weight loss, exercise side of things, I'm doing great there. Well, I haven't lost weight but my body is definitely changing because I've been working out heavy at the gym and can really see the muscle. I feel strong again. I am strong again. It's so great working out and seeing some of the top bodybuilders here all around me, including women. The other branch of the gym didn't have many women working out heavy so it was pretty uninspiring. Anyhow, gotta get a move on it so I can get a good workout in today. It's a national holiday today and even though that doesn't usually affect my work as the paper is open all the time, it happens to be a press holiday too so I'm off. In line with the rest of the world (well, Japan) for once.

losinginillinois, how are you doing? You're so close to goal or are you there yet? Can you tell me a little about what kind of eating/lifestyle you do? It's very inspiring to have someone who is so successful. Good luck to you!

Well, hope you're all doing well. Bye for now!

Old 09-14-2003, 10:56 PM   #66  

Ok now RedBalloon is winded!!! Take a deep breath! How great is that long post.... its nice to get those every now and then... sometimes I think mine go on forever and ever and I might bore people..... if I do ignore them. You probably wont miss much!

Red- I hope all the money things come through for you.... I know what type of stress that can add as I am under them also right now with my commissions being cut and my exhusband no longer doing child support. Plus now I am looking at changing careers.... scary and streesful to say the least.....

I am so glad to hear about you gaining the muscle.... isnt that so cool??? When I was going to the gym alot at the first of the year and I started noticing that i had biceps i was always checking them out.... lol

As for the Dr Phil Site and people knocking down the negative commentator.... some of the posts back were pretty harsh to her and I dont like that either. I do like the rebuttals back and forth.... the great debates. That I think is great. I love hearing others opinions and getting into discussions about it. That is how you learn to look at things from a different perspective. Dr Phil does have his fans and I do like him.... do I think he is God? No - but he does make me think.... But I guess it is like going onto the Adkins Thread and posting how unhealthy and unsafe to your liver the diet is.... I would probably get blasted off of there.... so I always say if it works for you GREAT!!!!! Just be careful and stay healthy!

Well I started studying today and was suprised at how much I already know.... I have always been into real estate and looking at housing... I just didnt realize how much I have learned through the years. I am sure there will be more to for me to learn along the way but it is nice to know that I am not so far behind.

Well I made manicotti for dinner tonight - kinda my "Going Away" meal before I start South Beach Tomorrow - altough it really wasnt all that bad for me. I did it with a nice marina sauce and use low fat ricotta cheese and low fat mozzarella. It was good and not bad for us either..... My hubby and daughter are going to do this SouthBeach with me which I am excited about... I think we can all benefit from it... Ultimately what i am going for is to get rid of the bad stuff in our diet.... sugars, starches and white flour.

Anyway I am off to bed. Have a great night all!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:31 AM   #67  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Hi Eveyone!

I lost another 2lbs this week!! I don't know how since I haven't been exercising but I did, so I'll take it. That puts me at 216#. So I'm getting there.

Its been awhile since I posted so I'm not sure if I can catch up with everyone but I do want to say Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, Rainbow and Lavender, Way to go!!

I noticed everyone is talking about Dr. Phil, I tend to agree with those who say just do what makes you feel good. Dr. Phil just helps those who admire him bring out what is already there in the first place. You just have to find your source, that something that can bring out the best in you wether its Dr. Phil or Big Bird doesn't really matter as long as what your doing is healthy and makes you happy. Just because others don't agree doesn't make you right or wrong. If the person who says they don't believe with his philosphys thinks about it they may find they have a "thing or person" that when they call upon it will bring out their best too. But hey these are just my opinions

I had a great weekend, I ask my snl to watch my kids saturday afternoon and of course she did because I'm always watching her two, but anyway, I wanted to get some work done on my web site and find its easier when the kids are asleep or away so I did manage to get quite alot work done. It was supposed to be for the afternoon and turned into the evening and when I called about getting them she said she had already bathed them and put them to bed and that if I wanted they could spend the night with her. Yippee!! Its been along time since I've had that much free time, so I agreed except for the baby (shes 1) and I haven't spent a night away from her so I waited until the other two were asleep and them went over and got the baby(snl lives right next door), of course she went right back to sleep when I got her home and in her bed, so I was still able to work quietly and I did long into the night. It did a lot to boost my, I don't know how to say it, my happiness level? Anyway you get the idea. We all need time to ourselves sometimes, right?

I have a question, it may sound crazy, but do you think eating red meat can make you feel depressed? I had an expisode of depression this past week and it didn't occur until I had a small portion of steak for dinner. Until then I had been feeling great, and then the next day I woke up not wanting to deal with the world period. It took a couple of days for me too get over the feeling of not wanting to do anything, but I haven't touched red meat since then either. I'm feeling like myself again. I just don't see any other reason for me to go from being happy to "I hate life" in such a short frame of time. I didn't have any outside reasons for feeling that way. So I'm looking for some opinions here, let me know, okay.

Okay, I'll get my crazy self off here and go get some work done, house cleaning time.

Ya'll have a great day ladies,
Angel
------------------------
sw: 230
cw: 216
gw: 175 (for now)
Old 09-15-2003, 07:08 PM   #68  

Hey everyone-

Well I am feeling a little blecky today.... Hubby, daughter and me started a modified SouthBeach.... just really cutting out the bad stuff.... so I havent had any bad stuff today... no sugar, no white flour, no cokes...... have a headache right now..... I know it is just going through the withdrawals.... and I will feel better soon and am proud of myself for sticking to it today of all days....

Received a call last night about midnight that my father in law had a TIA- which is basically a mini stroke.... Luckily everything is fine but at first they didnt know what had happened (he had a heart attack 10 years ago and there was that fear).... he has been in the hospital all day and we have been waiting to see if we need to head out to Dallas.... so far I dont think we will - it looks like he is going to be out tomorrow.....

Anyway, we had that stress today, then work was a pain, and I completely reorganized my office.

Food has been pretty good so far today.... hopefully I can keep this up.... night is the worst for me.....

LKB Angel - Way to go on the weight loss and I totally understand the feeling happy.... feeling like you did something - accomplished something. YEAH for YOU!

I am off to finish the office... almost done.... talk to you soon
Old 09-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #69  

Ok- it is a little after 9:00pm here adn I just tallied up my calories for the day 751..... not good.... I havent really felt hungry today just had this headache which I am sure is sugar caffiene withdraws..... so I just made a glass of milk and pb and celery to put me at least over 1000.....

I know not to have under 1000 calories a day or else my body goes into starvation and I really didnt mean to.... I just havent been super hungry today.... will have to watch this closely tomorrow..... Hubby only had 1235 calories today - now he has been hungry today..... we have to up his calories.... I figure if he had about 2000 a day he would be good...

Office is done and I am off to bed since I got so little sleep last night.....
Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 AM   #70  
one phat chick

Hello guys! Just dropping by! I'm quite busy right now.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:27 AM   #71  

Good Morning Everyone!

Quick Note before I start work!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hi Orange Bootle..... Good to see you.

Suzanne has officially made a book forum - YEAH!!!!!

Got on the scale and lost over 2#s yesterday.... know it is water weight and hope to slow it down a little bit but have to admit it was nice to see......
Old 09-16-2003, 09:47 AM   #72  
Never give up

Talking Double congratulations!!

Congrats to two angels on the 2 lbs down, LKB Angel and Angel26

Angel26, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I wish him a quick recovery.

Well, I'm just stopping in to read and say that and now I've got to get some shut-eye. Will write tomorrow.

Good night!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:05 AM   #73  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

There's not much new with me -- I've been busy getting things together for my daughter's homecoming dance this coming Saturday. Today I'm washing rugs.

Things are so hectic at this time of year. No sooner does homecoming end then she gears up for the talent show. She's going to be singing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" from "Evita". She got a round of applause at the audition -- so I'm fairly sure it will go fine. I'm glad I don't have to do a costume this year (haven't the time to sew one at the moment). She's going to make do with last year's prom dress. It has enough "sparkle" to show up well under the stage lights. I am just hoping that will be her only number.

Other than that...I bought Dr. Phil's book because it seems the rest of you are reading it. I haven't begun yet...but plan to do so soon.

This is going to be short because I've two room size rugs to wash.

Hope everyone has a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst
Old 09-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #74  

Just wanted to drop in for a quick Hi! I have been working my butt off around the house the last few days. I am going to be busy the rest of the week so I had to get something done.

Congrads to all our losers!!! Yeah! Its great to have you guys jump on the bandwagon.

As for me my eating, exercising everything has been off with all of this company. I will be glad when everything is back to normal! Whatever that is!

Did get some good news today. That women ( as I nicely refer to her as) that ripped us off has been in jail since last Thurs.! YEAH! I hope that doesn't sound to mean but I just really want her to pay for what she did. I guess or hope that she will get the help she needs in prison also.

Well I won't be around much this week but will try and check in! Keep it up ladies!

Angel I don't know about your red meat questoin. Maybe someone else will answer.

Beth
Old 09-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #75  

Nice to hear from you Beth! Glad to hear about the lady being in jail.... maybe, just maybe there will be some justice..... Hope things are gong well on the house.

Well Day 2 on the new diet.... been doing great other than a headache.... although i am now remembering that I was having headaches every afternoon a few weeks ago and wonder if that is what is coming back or if it is the detoxing that is going on....

Did walk for a mile on the treadmill today.... 1st time in awhile. YEAH!

Rainbow- I know what you mean about things always going in full steam with kids.... my duaghter also sings in competition.... she has won about 25 of them so far.... came in second once and third one time.... she is really pretty good.... I dont have a clue where she got her talent... it had to be from GOD... she sang at my wedding for me back in May and there wasnt a drive eye in the place.... She sang "Over The Rainbow", "Amazing Grace" acapella which are my two favorite songs that she sings and then also "There you are" by Martina McBride.... it was wonderful!

My Father in Law has gotten out of the hospital today and is looking pretty good. The doctor thinks that some plaque broke loose and that is how he had the mini strokes... I hope they have caught this in time.... they just bought the new house and that could be awful if he became seriously injured.

Well I am off to cook dinner!

Talk to you guys soon!
Closed Thread