Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #16  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone...

I've been away from 3FC for a few months as I gave up nonessential internet activity for Lent. Easter came and went and I've been meaning to get back here and get back to accountability. The "internet fast" did break my addiction to clicking (my "acclicktion"). I am a recovering "clickaholic". Yes indeed. I also managed to gain 6 pounds while I was away. Sooooo......In my never ending quest for balance......going forward......I intend to use the internet as a tool, instead of allowing myself to become a tool of the internet. There is wonderful access to some of my favorite ministries 24/7, and you guys are here. It's all about being selective, right?

I weighed in this morning at 185.6. That is the heaviest I've ever been, pregnancies excluded. I started C25K a few weeks back. It's a really neat, free app, that can be downloaded to your phone, and it coaches you to run/walk, with the ratio of running to walking gradually increasing over the weeks until you will eventually run 5k without intervals of walking. I think it is a 9 week program. I completed the first week and was very excited, then life happened, and I quit. I am going to start again from the beginning, and hopefully being back here will help me to stay accountable. I also had re-started phase one of "The Best Life Diet", and was very excited about that. For about two weeks. Mercy! I KNOW I can do this. I don't know what is wrong with me. Well, LOL, I can think of a few things that are wrong with me.....but hey.....internet addiction is no longer one of them!

Diana: I know what you mean about what your husband is dealing with. I am a nurse (LPN), and I've learned, over the years, that different practitioners respond very differently to the same set of symptoms. After a while, you can almost predict who will do what, and learn who to approach for which patient. I hope the biopsy results confirm your PCPs prediction.

Weekend Boater: Hello girl! I hope to see you around!

Ronja, Nancy, Chelsie, Tacos: I hope to get to know you all.

Have a great day and be joyful!

April
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 284/276/140

Height: 5,3

Hello, I am Balletlover. I've actually never danced it before but I would love to someday! This is my first day coming here in years. I had never really posted before.

Anyways, I started a low-carb diet yesterday on the 1st. I didn't do too great for Easter and the rest of April was just a continual binge for me. I know low-carb is difficult but I have found that I lose at a good rate when I do it and I don't feel hungry either. I have PCOS and weigh almost 300 pounds. I'm 5,3. So yeah it really sucks being this large but I hope that I can find support and motivation on here.
Balletlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/209.6/160

Height: 5'5"

I am back on plan today, soup, salad and fruit for lunch, a shake for dinner.

Plan to exercise 30 minutes tonight, after planting a few plants in the garden. My back was hurting Sunday and Monday, not sure if I slept the wrong way.
ChelsieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

LurchMomma Thank you. Welcome to the check-in.

Balletlover Hi and welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your new program.

ChelsieT Great job getting back on plan.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

30 minutes treadmill
Old 05-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #21  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good evening everyone! --- personals later this week pinkie promise

So finished round two, week two, day two today of my fitness blender program I purchased and it was a killer, all body weight HIIT with extra credit it worked out to be 59 min long....by min 50 I was pretty much toast and barely even doing the low impact.

Eating today was good op! but did eat two lemon poppy seed muffins at lunch (egg, cream cheese, vanilla whey powder, lemon juice, poppy seeds, baking powder) sooo good so tonight it is a low calorie protein shake for dinner LOL

When this 4 weeks are done with the FB, I am going to take pictures. I took some before I started round 2 and really wish I had done so on round 1. I do think my shape may be changing but won't know until I put the same shorts and bra back on.

oh oh oh I know something I forgot to mention. Bought two different sized bras on Clarence the other day and wore one yesterday...I know why they were on clarence...the most uncomfortable piece of clothing known to man...I took'em back. Ok I am done tonight hahaha
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #22  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 178
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 3

Psalm 94:10
He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

Jill watched the television program to see the author of a diet plan she wanted to try. She settled in, hoping to be inspired by the man who had helped millions lose weight. When he came on, her heart sank. The man must have weighed three hundred pounds! How could you be inspired by someone who couldn't even practice what he preached? She had really hoped that at long last she had found a winner. Every time Jill put her faith in some new fad, it always seemed to fall apart. Jill guessed her mother was right: The only source worthy of her faith was Christ. Perhaps He really could help where everyone else had failed.

Today's thought: Following fads is frustrating and foolish!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #23  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone!

Diana: Thank you for the welcome! I'm wondering if you find the stretching to be helpful with increasing mobility, or if its more of a relaxation technique? I've tried to incorporate some stretching, but my balance is terrible and the older I get the stiffer I become. I'm so uncoordinated that I tend to avoid lifting weights, stretching, zumba, etc, because I feel ridiculous. I had an unfortunate encounter with a "step" in a step aerobics class back in the 1990s and I've never gotten over the trauma! LOL. I'd love to be able to do those things, and guess perhaps it's time to "get over myself" and flail around as best I can.

BalletLover: Welcome! Good luck on the low carb! I, too, lost a considerable amount in my late 30's and early 40's by following a low carb diet. I kept it off for quite some time. Then, I quit smoking, started working 2nd shift and entered peri-menopause. I had gained 50 pounds in the past 10 years. Now, to make matters worse, I work two 16 hour shifts instead of the five 8 hour shifts I'd been accustomed to, and have gained 10 additional pounds. Sheesh. You can do it! I'm betting you have youth on your side!

Chelsie: I envy your gardening. We've had strange weather here this spring. My husband always says to wait until after mother's day because of the late frosts. We usually at least have greens, lettuce and onions growing by now. We have had some challenges, so I hope we at least have a small garden this year. We usually have three sizeable plots. Congratulations on staying On Plan.

Nancy: Those muffins sound fantastic! I've made cookies in a similar fashion, with no flour and with nut butter, dark chocolate and baking powder. Never would have suspected you could make muffins that way! Regarding bras.....I have been wearing sports bras forever now. I don't even understand my body anymore. I am going to go to the thrift store today and try to find something that will fit. I've been putting it off in hopes that if my clothing was tight and uncomfortable I'd skip eating that slice of pizza. I've found that it just depresses me to be fat AND a slob since all I can wear are sweatpants and my husband's clothes. I don't want to invest much in a wardrobe because I don't intend to be this size for long. The thrift shop seems like a good compromise. LOL.

Wishing you all a blessed day....be joyful!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 05-03-2017 at 07:49 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! ;

nancylmrn
Yay for the long workout.

LurchMomma
I am using the stretch for flexibility/mobility. I am not known for my coordination, LOL. In school I was known as "there's the girl who fell in a hole". I was known for falling down in front of everyone. There are a lot of options that can help with balance and flexibility, etc. Jessica Smith has some good stuff on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBhxreiSHQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB7...UBe5TD10jIgxDg

Waving Hi all around!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Jessica Smith Hiit It Hard Cardio
Old 05-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #26  
Work in Progress

Good evening to all!!!

Today completed my workouts....51 minutes today and of course WI was up those pesky 3lbs that follow me all week then drop off on the weekend when I am lazy. Food wise op lunch was stir fry veggies, cabbage, zoodles, celery, peppers, and some kielbasa so yum to me! Tonight I have a halibut fillet around 10oz worth and I intend to eat every bite

I have a phone interview tomorrow with an accounting firm, and another company sent me an email wanting me to fill out a questionnaire before they decide on a phone interview. I looked at the companies reviews online and think I will pass as a possible place of employment. Besides way too many hoops if you are interested enough you can give me a call or send me an email to set up a call.

Lurchmama, you are not a slob stop saying things like that to yourself! We all have started this journey with more ups and downs collectively than the national debt. So you are strong and can do whatever you set your mind too. Lets see this one day at a time 'cause thats how we roll

Last edited by nancylmrn; 05-03-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #27  

Hi everyone

First and foremost it is always a pleasure to come in here! When I am away I feel like it has been forever.

Diana I came in the other night and got the update on your Dh but something happened and I had to log, I was so relieved and happy for you! Thank you so much for updating us and god bless T and you! Please do keep us posted when you get those final results as well. You sound so similar to myself in the way that you research everything! lol I make myself nuts sometimes but that is just how I am and hey, knowledge is a good thing! Keep shining! As for what you said about God believing in us and when some people didn't think you could make it, ohhhhhhh! You know Diana, when I was younger....I got to my ideal (130 something lbs. and I was SO fit). Friends along the way made comments, like they didn't think I could do it and this and that. It only served to fuel my fire, lol. I took all that energy and directed it toward accomplishing my goal and eureka! I believe in people! I truly believe that we can accomplish anything we set our minds to! Anyhow, you showed them indeed and I saw you were , are, a fighter! Keep on fighting and keep on shining!

Ronja Hey you! smile...gosh I miss you all so much, why does it feel like forever! Ronja ty for the kind words as well about taking it one day at a time, it is so totally what I am trying to do! Miss you and hope that you are well and oh my goodness, congrats on that 33 lb. loss, that is amazing! I know life comes at us sometimes but your a strong woman.....keep on shining too and let's keep fighting! I hope to see you around too, I think we should really try no matter what gets thrown our way.

Tacos Hope that you had a great weekend too!

Nancy Thank you so much, your not forgotten either! Your doing great with your exercises, keep it up! I look forward to us continuing to exchange stories.

Chelsea I hope that your back is feeling better

lurchmomma Hey you! Oh my goodness girl, it is so wonderful to see you here! Yay! I hope that things are well with you and it is such a pleasure to see you and hear your news. I hope that your new plan works well and I look forward to seeing you too! : ) I have to start mine too again, ay ay ay, I feel like I am back to basics, cutting the carbs and this and that before I go full fledged. Anyhow, so glad to see you! and welcome to this thread
Balletlover

A big hi to all of you and as always, sorry If I missed anyone.

Well, we still have the whole month in our hand! A big hug to you all
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

My computer was doing an update this morning, so I am getting on here late.

Last night I added on: Stretch 1 from Cathe Friedrich's Total Body Stretching
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 178
No Change

My chest and arms are still sore from the gym. I wonder how I would feel if I didn't workout? LOL

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 4

Proverbs 16:20
He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

Ben couldn't believe all the people he was talking with. They all wanted to lose weight overnight! None of them seemed to be looking at any practical programs. They had all latched onto crash diets with pills and books and foolish promises of miraculous results. Ben sat down and worked out a practical diet that he could live with, so that once he lost weight (and he realized it would take some time), he could stick with the diet and avoid putting the weight back on. When he said his prayers that night, he put in a special request for some common sense for his friends.

Today's thought: Trust is a must for weight to abate!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #29  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone. Just a quick note before I head off to the office.
WI down a bit ...did not see that coming since I always stay higher during the week. Round 2 week 2 day 4 done but no extra credit today my body told me it was toast. I started the extra and got about 3 min in and went I am so done I have no more energy left and I would be just barely going through the motions.

back later tonight!
Old 05-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!!

Started the second round of my workouts, woooo are they challenging! I missed day 3 yesterday, but I was so busy after work yesterday. My bf is sick so I made him some cabbage soup as requested and took it over to him. Originally I thought I'll work out after I get the soup down, but then I started cleaning up and folding a load of laundry that needed to be done. So I said after dinner, but I was waiting on my kids to get home they had went with their dad to see their brand new baby sister. Anyhow, by the time all was said and done it was 830 and I ate fast food with the kids and ended up snuggling with my youngest on the couch. I feel kinda bad skipping the workout, but it was nice to veg out with my son, I figure Sunday is my normal rest day and I'll just make it up that day.

Nancy way to go keeping up with your workouts! I decided to add on little mini workouts at the end of my sessions too. I found a short ab video for one day, a tricep video for another day and last a booty video. I plan on adding one of them at least 3 times a week but might if I'm able add the triceps twice, I feel like my regular routine doesn't do much for that area and I really dislike that part of my body.

Lurchmomma You are not a slob! I do understand the way you feel though. I work in a construction office and with the weight gain and the relaxed dress code I often don't dress to my potential. I decided today to not wear a big work shirt and to put on a little makeup, and I feel good. Wearing clothes that fit well and spending time on you just for you makes such a difference.

Balletlover Welcome!!!

Last edited by Tacos_in_Texas; 05-04-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote