Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #121  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Yo-Yo Dee's Here!!!!

Yo-Yo, welcome to a fiiiine bunch of ladies. Dig in and stay with us!

The soccer wishes she were dead. I'll check in in a few hours, dearies.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #122  

Thank you for the welcome... I'm just off to the gym - I did not go to the bar with BH but phoned my friend and demanded she come the gym with me!! I'm just too weak willed at the moment and if I start going the bar/pub so early in the week that's me off the plan.

So I'm going to be good and do about 1.30mins xskier/running/cycling and lifting some weight I need to be focussed!

Why does the soccer wishes she were dead? Are you aching? You need some wintergreen oil to rub into your legs (that's what it's called over here if I can I'll look the latin name up for it)

Right speak to all later - so glad the great one's decided not to leave

Dee

ps If you need a really scary picture to keep the children away from the fire go to UK Chicks photos I'm there!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, Yo-Yo Dee, as said above, nip in any ol' time thou pleaseth and welcome to ye!

Anagramatic: That's indeed slivey of them to close your pool! Hope you can come up with an alternative.

I sort of know how that feels because I went to the state park Sunday to hike for the first time in a year and found it's only going to be open on weekends until December. It's located very close to town and is a nice place to walk. I used to go several mornings a week.

It's a pain when we rely on something to help in the journey and then it isn't there.

Frogger: What a nice brother you have!!!! (And how nice to have clothes hanging on thee!! Wowza!!!)

Zadie: Thanks for the welcome back!!!! As thee can see, my hiatus was brief!!! And, yes, I'd say stripping wallpaper definitely counts as psychic walking!!!! So you get a
BLUE RIBBON!!!! Huzzah!!!

Punkin: I emailed thee!!!!

Ceara: Thou be a wondeful volunteer for thy community!!! Hope thou feeleth perkier as the caffeine perks!!!!

Soccer ... hope you get some more rest!!!

Kaylets: Art thou swimming today?

Wood Nymph, Eydie, and all other STALWART END O' DAYLIGHT SAVINGS/TIME FOR A CHANGE CHALLENGERS, mentioned and unmentioned:

I'm working tonight in the mountains, so taking it easy today, except for earning activity points. I have three from the gym today and need one more to meet my personal challenge.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #124  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Red face YO!

Just checkin' in with the great ones!
Am now off to the paying job...
O of soccer! A bit c-r-ea-k-y are we? I'll be thinkin' of you when I'm on my desk about 3:30 this p.m.

Welcome to Yo-Yo- Dee. Hopefully you'll have a great time on this thread with us all...we are eclectic, but fun...and funny sometimes.

Thanks Anagram....right now I'm wired on caffeine..just wait until 8

'later 'gators!

Ceara

Slivey??????? Be that pirate???????
Old 09-08-2003, 03:27 PM   #125  

I've been to the gym and achieved my goal there; food wise had a very good day-stuck to my food plan; NO ALCOHOL!!! And now I'm very tired but not as tired as ceara will be at 3.30am

I love the inspiring posts on this forum and how people contribute so positively so once again thank you very much for making me feel welcome

Going to read a little in bed and then have an early night - I've just gone back to work after being off for 5 months (yes that's right!) I had a hysterectomy at the beginning of April and that's one of the reasons why I want to lose the weight - heart disease is prevalent in my family and I didn't want to start having trouble with the old ticker. So I'm being broken in gently at work but I do get tired. Guess what, here in the UK we've had one of the best summers for years - I couldn't have planned better!

See you later - keep

Dee
Old 09-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #126  
Is it Friday yet?

How can one sit at work for 6 hours and not get a blessed thing done????

everyone! I guess this will be a real live fly by postie - as I thought I had time to post, but nope, t'was only a mirage....

Terri
Old 09-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #127  
deleted2

Welcome, Yo-Yo Dee! Always great to have a new poster here, and as you get to know us, you'll see that we're all fabulously cool and adorable.

Anagram, that's too bad about the pool. Is there an alternative closeby?

Frogger, such a shame that you'll have to buy new clothes. Cry me a river....

I was with you in spirit on the psychic walk---walked 3 miles. Of course, part of that walk was walking to the new Mexican restaurant in town.

Punkin, thanks for flying by!

Amarantha, what are these diet bars? Surely you don't mean Dr. Phil diet bars????!!!!

Cerise, 'twill pass. Just keep taking deep breaths and don't stop going!

Ceara, isn't coffee the loveliest beverage ever? I heard on the radio today they used to call it 'Turkish wine'!

Zadie, how's the home improvement progressing? When I get started on something like that, I can't stop until it's done. probably why I don't do stuff like that too often!

I've had a great healthy day. Calories under 1500, lots of water, 5 miles on the treadmill and 20 min. of yoga, 20 min. of Pilates and 20 min. of dumbells. Feels really good!

Wildfire, Arabella, Dollar, post and let us know how you are!

Old 09-08-2003, 06:51 PM   #128  
Hot Stuff

Hey, welcome, Yo-Yo Dee! Great work at the gym and for avoiding the pub!

Kaylets, hope whatever you have doesn't take hold! Does echinacea work for you? I've saved myself from many a cold if I take it as soon as I feel symptoms. Just two weeks ago, in fact...had a scratchy throat and that body stone feeling...knew I was coming down with something. Took the echinacea for a few days, and it never materialized into anything.

frogger, glad your birthday went well! When are you going shopping??

Cerise...hot bath with epsom salts! On the double, girl! The second day always hurts more than the first.

Amarantha, drive safely in those mountains!

Punkin, zadie, ceara, anagram, Eydie, and anyone I'm missing.

I'm off for my second walk of the day!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:13 PM   #129  
deleted2

Kaylets, are you feeling better? Hope it was just a false alarm!

Old 09-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #130  

Hi, well I missed the day for your superwalk but maybe this counts. I played golf yesterday 21 holes to be exact and we walk to riding cart for us. It took 5 hrs so I guess that would count in your superwalk. My legs are still having arguements about it. I have stayed op all weekend so Im hoping to have a really good weigh in tomorrow. I like the new flexipoints it seems to be fairly easy to follow and it is nice to have those extra points to use as you want. well got to run mess from dinner to clean up and get ready for the morning. After taking a week off work with no one doing my job I need to work an extra week to make up for it.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #131  

Good day for me today. Under 1400 calories - something I almost never do. Lots of water. A decent walk.

Dollar, I'd say 21 holes of golf is a SUPERWALK, for sure.

Eydie, I think I'm just going to stick to walking. They offered an alternative pool which is small, dark and unappealing. I'll give them a week and then call and see when they think they'll open up. They've been doing some work in the ladies' locker room for weeks and need to do some in the mens as well - mold, actually.

punkin, hope your next mirage lasts a bit longer and that work is smoother on the morrow. Liking your number, girlie.

Almost quiting time, Ceara. Hang in. And sleep well tonight.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:50 AM   #132  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Good Morning!

Lamentably, a fly-by self-centered postie. Again. But I figure it's better than nothing, and I'm going to try to sneak in again later. I feel like I really want to produce on the new job, make them glad they hired me Woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap -- headache, sickish to my tummy. Stayed in bed for a couple more hours and gradually felt well enough to carry on, if not what you would call well. Today it seems to have coalesced into a cold, so I'm trying to get work done/take it easy simultaneously. Seems not coincidental that I've been crazy busy and stressed for about a month Feel good, moodwise, though, which makes it all somewhat bearable.

Sorry for the brevity, and me-me-meness. I love you all, and hope to ... um ... "prove my love" later with individual posts to the best and most beautiful bunch of women! Let's make this a good one!
Old 09-09-2003, 06:34 AM   #133  

Hello all!

Welcome Yoo Dee! Glad to meet you!

Yes, I officially have a cold-- sinus/ allergy pills are making it bearable but I was in bed early w/ the nightime syrup and will be carrying the daytime stuff too.

My shoulders feel heavy and sore too, looks like I've gotten it good.
Thought of the day:

"Its not enough to stare up the steps, we must start up the steps"---Vaclav Hacel

Question of the day:
"What's the best head cold remedy?"

take care all!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:36 AM   #134  
Momma Frog

Well, things have gone from bad to worse on the homefront. Still no job for DH although a couple of places have called for interviews. AND, yesterday I had stopped at the store to look around. When I pulled out of the parking lot something like popped or hit underneath the car. My brakes started grinding really bad. I took it to the first place I could and grand total is $1086 to fix the struts (which were shot) and the rotors and brake pads. WHERE AM I GOING TO GET THIS MONEY FROM!!!!!!! I just feel like crying sitting here at work. We could put it on our credit card but the minimum payment is already $200 a month. I'm saving our savings account because as of next month, I will not be able to handle the mortgage payment and all the bills by myself should he not have a job yet.

Sorry about the me post, but I have no body else who listens here at work. Everyone else here at work has money, has a big savings account, has a husband who works. They don't seem to care to listen.....
Old 09-09-2003, 10:21 AM   #135  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

YOWZA!!! It's a great day for stayin' on course and reachin' goals, shiver me timbers!!!

Kaylets, me hearty, I emailed ya last night askin' if the site were down, 'cause I couldn't get on after me last postie, but mayhap it were me own server, since you'se guys got on!!! Hope thy cold get bettereth!! QOD: Best head coldy remedy IMO be sleep!

Ceara: No, slivey be not piratese, it be Lewis Carroll, shiver me timbers!!!

Eydie: Adding thee to the
BLUE RIBBON BRIGADE for that psychic walk on SUPERWALK SUNDAY!!! (drumroll!!)

Ditto that for Dollar, who gets a SUPERWALK SUNDAY
BLUE RIBBON for all that golf, wowza, that was a good workout, me hearty!!

Cerise: Hope thy poor soccer body be better now!! Thou be intrepid for sure!!!

Frogger: Have no sorrow for me-me posties ... thou hath every reason to feel frustrated and anxious and it's hard when thou be at work and thinking about all that stuff. Hope things look better soon!

Anagramatic: You're doing great with all that walking!!! Kind of spurs me on with mine. Walking be good exercise, sure and beglory!!!

Wood Nymph: I'd bet thy employers are even now contemplating how glad they are they hired thee!! I'd bet you're doing a great job and congratulations again on securing that post! Feel better.

Punkin: If you were sitting and watchin' me go about my day, you'd have no trouble believing a person can work for six hours and not get a thing done!!! Hope things go better today! Again, thank you for emailing me!

Dee: Sounds like you had a fantatic kind of OP day!!!! Me crystal ball telleth me today will be the same!!!! Yowza!

Wildfire: Wowza!!! Off for the second walk!!! You be doing great in the trodding department!!! Methinks we should have a second PSYCHIC SUPERWALK SUNDAY!!! This is kind of selfish, as I'm inspired by reading about everyone's walking or whatever!!!

TO ALL, MENTIONED OR UNMENTIONED, LET'S GET OUT THERE AND WIN ONE FOR THE TIME ZONE GIPPER! Huzzah!!!

Working late again so need to go to gym, do errand and etc., etc. ... oh the responsibilities of a hag!!!!

Avanti!
Closed Thread