Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 07:39 AM   #61  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation Fab Friday!

End of week but still no rest. I'm into the church this am for catch up volunteer stuff...and then I work tomorrow, so it will be a busier than usual week end.

Having some real elbow hand to mouth issues here. I wanna EAT after 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The brain sez no, but the rest of me is droolin'! I gave up last night and went to bed before I sucumbed.

Cerise I love fantasy too...especially the kid's stuff. More often than not, it is better written than the "adult" stuff anyway. And as a librarian, I don't have to defend my reading of them...I have 2 juveniles upstairs at the moment, calling m-e-e-.

No, too much to do. The scale is being a , but my jeans are looser I'll just muddle on.

Kaylets, I'm glad you are adapting to the death of your uncle. It is hard when we permantly lose someone we love, and there are so many ways to lose them. You certainly were up BEFORE the birds this a.m. QOD...hmmm...that has a lot of aspects. Survive? An axe. Just want? A fully equipped dog kennel...as in the whole building. QOD before....follow the dictates of those who elected them. It is too costly to have referendums all the time. Politicans are to represent their constituency, not platform their own agendas. We have that happening up here with the same sex wedding issue.

Yup Eydie is a cutie...those wisps eh Arabella...how are yours coming by the way? And I'm glad that you made it back from Fundy. Where did that word come from anyway? How was week one on the job?

Zadie! Too funny! Glurpy...nice images there

Frogger hope your DH finds something more suitable...my dh is also an electrician...for an automotive company.

Anagram! a loss is a victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well must mosey on and eat! Not hungry now...figures eh?

Ceara
Old 09-05-2003, 08:47 AM   #62  
deleted2

Cerise, awwww shucks. Thanks for your kind words, and since it always annoys me when I compliment someone and they tell me all the reasons I'm wrong, I'm just going to say 'thank you'! Now how about a pic of you? I have a vision in my mind and want to see if they match.

Zadie, I think I've had that soup before too! 'Blurp!' Not even recognizable as food. Sometimes those soup cup things acan be really good, other times not so much!

Anagram, congrats on losing that .2 pound. You must be excited that you're getting close to your lowest weight in a while. That club sandwich thingie sounded interesting. What kind of fruit? I may steal that idea for some of the receptions I do.

Ceara, I'm still observing the 'no food after 7:30' rule too. Yep, sometimes it's really hard and I get sooo hungry---I just keep chuggin' water to fill up space.

Frogger, I hope your husband finds another job soon. Pretty bad of his current employers to switch the rules on him like that.

Ceise, I just asked DH about Robin McKinley. He's a bookmobile librarian, and he said he really 'pushes' her when the kids say they can't find anything and he says after they try one they want more. Do you have a favorite?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:48 AM   #63  

Hi folks, I'm in for this new challenge. It has been tough lately I gained 7.6lbs back after being on vacation and having two weeks before where I felt I had been at this long enough I just couldn't find a food to satisfy my taste buds. I missed the meeting right after finding out about the new flexipoints because my daughter was in the hospital but I did go back on Tues this week to find out I have lost 2 of those nasty 7.6 I put on. So here I am ready to go and I have been giving the new flexi program a good go this week. so my goal will be to lose the remainder of what I gained plus 5 more that would be 11 all together I would be very pleased with that. I have one more goal and that is to try to be here at least 2x's a week because I really miss it when I can't get here. Well have to run or walk that is to work and pick up my cheque. This is the last day of this weeks vacation back to work Mon. Take care all.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:24 AM   #64  
Empress/Queen

Guys, this is another good-bye cruel forum post! Nothing to do with anyone in this group. Just considering some recent events and realize that there are things I don't need to voluntarily expose myself to.

Best of luck, The Axe Handler!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:57 AM   #65  
Momma Frog

Does this mean you are leaving us Amarantha?

Did I miss something?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:01 AM   #66  
Momma Frog

Forgot to weigh in this morning. I'll have to do that first thing Sat. morning and post.

Saturday is my birthday!!! We're having the family over and I will be cheating. Yes I will. A piece of cake (literally). That's my cheat.

Bad news. DH got fired on wed. He was going to quit anyway, but he was there late again and the foreman let him go. Said he had excessive tardiness and absenses. DUH!! When you send him home everytime he's late that would be an absense. So mad!!! But he has an interview with Sears today to see if he can do something there and then he's going around to apply at other jobs. I'll keep you posted!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #67  
Spreadin' the luv.

Unhappy Fond "See-You-Later" to the Empress

Darling, come back soon, OK?

Frogger, a lady in the forum was being pretty habitually rude to Amarantha because they didn't quite see eye to eye. I reported one of the more offensive posts and said lady has disappeared. That's all I know.

Eydie, I'll get a picture on here sometime soon. I have TRIED to pick out a favorite book of Robin McKinley's (she has 2 short story books and about 7 or 8 novels, all of which are brilliant) and can't, but a good "starter" book is The Blue Sword, I think. Your guy is magnificent and wonderful for pushing her. He might be interested in her website, robinmckinley.com. She has a LONG faq and says a lot about her life in England (she's American-born). Plug over again.

Ceara, I was a librarian in college! Dewey was my best friend. My favorite job was reshelving, can you believe it? A testament to how really anal I am. I always envied the book restorers, though. I wasn't allowed to touch damaged books, and rightly so. Now that's a cool job. I miss librarian work...

Frogger, aren't Forepersons a pain sometimes? I'm so sorry for your DH and you. Job hunting blows. I'm sending him confidence vibes today and hope that this change the Universe threw at you will do nothing but strengthen and improve your lives.

OK, time to work, Chickadees. Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am to know each of you?

Last edited by Cerise; 09-05-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:42 AM   #68  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday everyone!

Life's a little rosier - especially since I've decided to just give a few things up to fate and let be what will be. I guess I'm a control freak, bent on extreme attention to details (bordering on anal retentive) with a dash of taking things too literal for my own good. Not that I'll ever permanently change - but I have to know when to just let life happen.

A little excitement last night - our "little" forest fire went from 60,000 acres to 80,000 in the span of an hour yesterday afternoon, resulting in a 20,000 foot high atomic bomb-like mushroom cloud visible for over 300 miles. Then when the air cooled ash started dumping all over... When is it gonna snow?????

Bo-Beena, you got parties???? Whatcho' doin'?? I don't remember you mentionin' no parties! I wanna go! My answer on how to survive them is the standard "eat before you go" - after that, duct tape your hands into little balls so you'd have to go bobbing for party food!

Anagram, congrats on the loss! I agree completely with what you'd said earlier - ANY loss is good, countable and should be celebrated!

Zadie, your green glop story reminded me of exactly why I avoid the "just add water" split pea soups - blech! I seriously wonder what they put in that stuff - for some reason, the movie Soylent Green comes to mind.... (eeeew!)

Cerise, nibble, nibble, nibble! Very exciting that you'll get to meet your favorite author! Get pictures!
I've been thinking of posting a pic myself - one of these days....

Dollar, you've been missed! Good to hear you'll be checking back in more regularly. How is DD doing?

Q o' the day ~
The one material possession I would buy (as in pay off) would be my home. Since working in the tenderloin of San Francisco, and having to step over the homeless to get in the building to go to work, I've had a perpetual fear of being homeless. Common sense tells me that I have too many friends and too much family for that to ever happen - gut fear doesn't understand what common sense is.

, 's and es to everyone! Have a great weekend, enjoy, and see ya Monday!

Terri
(aka, Punkin o' Friday - and IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!)
Old 09-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #69  
Is it Friday yet?

Back again!

Frogger - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Enjoy that cake!
Poo on DH job - honestly, they were being completely unfair to him and imo, he's better off without them. He's trained in an excellent, very marketable trade and he'll be able to find something soon - I just feel it!

Cerise, thanks for clueing us in to what happened with Amarantha. They're few and far between, but there can be some pretty rotten eggs 'round here. Play nice everyone! (not directed at any of us, of course!)

Toodles, again!

Terri
Old 09-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #70  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Wow, Amarantha gone? That is a total bummer. Why it it that rude people are allowed to scare away nice people like that?

At any rate, things are good. I had a work meeting this morning, which was nice becuase it has been so darn quiet arround here. Next week will be hectic becuase there is an appeal that we are doing on Thursday, but I will be out on Thursday and Friday so I will miss it. O well. I ahd plans far before the court scheduled our appeal for septmeber 11th of all days.

Punkinseed - how close are you to the fire? Arround here we are waiting to see if the boundry waters canoe area will go up in flames becuase we have had very little rain and there was a storm a couple years ago that knocked over thousands of trees. I think it may hold off this year though.

Anagram - congrats. I agree with everyone that every loss is a big deal.

Some day I will post a picture. I mostly post at work, so i do not have all of my picture files. Plus I tend to make extremely goofy faces in most of my pictures. I do not know why, just instinct I guess.

Happy birthday frogger. It is now international frogger day and you are the birthday princess.

At any rate, everyone have a great day. I must return to working. Very hard on a quiet friday.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:48 PM   #71  

Punkinseed so nice of you to ask about my daughter. She is home, she came home a week ago this past Wed. I was in shock because they said they would keep her if she deciced to come home, but they had nothing to keep her on. It was very hard when she came in because I had all kinds of emotions running through me, fear, anger and happiness all rolled up in one. Thank goodness she seems to be doing good, she has started school and things are going well, we have set guidelines and she is more then willing to follow them. I think she really scared herself. Sept is a bad month for her, her birthday is the 26, but 4 years ago my father in law died the day before her birthday and the next year my mom dies 3 days before her birthday and the funeral was on her birthday, she has not gotten over that so this month is very long for her. I have taken vacation this week and I definitely needed it, I have enjoyed this week more then I have any week in a long time. I guess what they say 'silence is golden" is very true the house is so lovely and quiet. I think my diet also need this relaxing week I seem to be right back on track.
Anyway must run the dryer is calling me and I have more baking to do. Again thank you for your concern.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:41 PM   #72  
Is it Friday yet?

Dollar, I'm SO happy to hear she's doing better and home. I do care - it's really no secret amongst my friends and even some of my family, that while I was going through all the emotional **** at the end of my marriage, I thought long and hard on doing what your DD tried. My ex is a cop, with the required paraphernalia lying around - during the worst times it was very, very tempting. So I feel for your daughter - I've been close enough to what she's going through to remember that type of pain quite keenly. Matter of fact, I'm shocked right now at how fresh it all still feels when I talk about it.
Thankfully I believe everything in life is a lesson and you have to live through every positive AND negative experience to pass the test - "checking out" early isn't an option Give her hugs from your cyber friend, ok?

Zadie, our little "camp fire" (how big would a marshmallow have to be for an 80k acre fire??? ) is far enough away for me to just be annoyed - not scared, like I was during last year's fire!
I believe it's about 30 miles away? Close enough for smoke, ash, and glowing red hills, but not to be a danger to us. Besides distance, there's a huge grassland area and 300 foot deep and 100 yard wide gorge for it to cross.
I hope your dry areas stay the way they are!

Back for a quick edit - found the picture on the front of my newspaper online - impressive and a little scary! Gonna get offline now since I hear thunder coming...
http://www.bendbulletin.com/

See ya all Monday!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 09-05-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:06 PM   #73  
deleted2

Frogger, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Got any special plans for the day?

Dollar, thanks for coming back to us!

And Amarantha, Please come back soon. You're missed like crazy when you're not around.

Speaking of that, where's our Wildfire?

Old 09-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #74  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question Friday

Hi guys.

I'm sad .

I guess I don't like it when people get hurt for being themselves. That being said...Empress A...how will we ever know how the flexpoints are going? And the maintenance club?

Happy birthday to Ms Frogger! And on a Saturday! Good planning!

Cerise! We used to have a book mobile too....that is where I borrowed books for a while. However it is off the road now.

Dollar, glad to hear about your daughter being home and resuming her life. September sounds like a terrible month for her. I hope things go smoothly for the both of you!

Punkin...maybe the marshmallow guy from Ghost Busters?

Bo-Beena...the duct tape idea sounds good. Were you wearing silver? Co-ordinate dahling! (said with a drawl)

Well gotta go and see what's happened to dinner...it might be crispy!

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 09-05-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #75  
Hot Stuff

I'm here! I'm here! (Thanks, Cerise for the heads up, and Eydie for wondering!) Been working overtime all week again. The money is great (close to $40/hr!) but it doesn't leave much time in the day. Really messing with my exercise time! So, since I get an hour for lunch and rarely take more than 15-20 minutes to eat, I said screw that....and I started a walking club! Each day at noon we get together to walk for half an hour. Four of us so far, but I think we'll get more as people find out what we're doing. Then we still have 30 minutes when we get back to eat our lunches. Everyone is watching their diets, too, which makes for great motivation (and a little competition!) at work.

What the heck happened??? Where is Amarantha gone? And why? Amarantha, if you be lurking out there, can't you just stay and post with us here on this thread? This is a safe haven. Just let anyone TRY to mess with anyone on our thread.

Frogger, Happy Birthday tomorrow!!

Good luck to DH on the job front. Sounds like he's better off being out of this last one!

dollar, glad your daughter is doing well.

Cerise, very cool that you get to meet a favorite author! Hey, how is Ramon doing with his new job?

I wanna see Eydie's pictures, too! I think we should all share pics! It would be neat to see everyone. 'Course, I'd have to actually get pics taken since I avoid the camera at all costs!

BoBeena, don't eat anything that you can have any old time. Like crackers and cheese, bread, chips, etc. If there's a new thing you'd like to try, then do so! Use those calories up on special treats, and leave the everyday stuff for regular days. Or, pick one or two things you really want and stick to them. Or take smaller portions. You'll manage, and be beautiful to boot!

Kaylets, it's tough being away from family when things like this happen. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm always in for tea, but I'll leave the kettle to you for a while, after my tea injury last weekend.

anagram, interesting sandwich! I sometimes have sliced melon as a side with baked chicken breasts. Nice contrast, and a change from the usual side dishes. Glad DH continues to do okay!

I know I missed some of you, but I should be able to catch up this weekend. I work tomorrow, but not for a full day. There's shopping to be done!!! Gonna buy some new walking shoes!

Last edited by Wildfire; 09-05-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Closed Thread