Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #31  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

JULIE- See what you did!! Now you have me thinking of Baked treats that I love; apple pie, croissants. NO I must stop now. It's all your fault I'm not your friend today.....Okay I forgive you

Angie- OKay I gotta come clean. Everyday I've been congratulating you on your being consistant on your OP's but now I must confess that I have no clue what OP stands for but it sounds very nice and I still congratulate you but why don't you hip your lil' buddy to the acronym.

HI TONYA- So good to see you back. TOM is upon me as well and I felt like crap this week because of it so we are suffering together. Feel better, Love.

Red Balloon- Wow, Tokyo!! Ka-nee-shee-wa (had to do it phoneticly because I can harly spell in english let alon Japanese. I spent some time in Korea, a year as a matter of fact. Asia is a different kind of culture isn't it. Yes that's me all decked out in my army greens in the avatar. I'm currently stationed in the city of Vicenza, about 30 minutes outside of Venice. that would be more toward the thigh if the boot so I'm no where near your buddy. I do love this country though, especially the food, yummy. I used to be in Augsburg I dig the germans too. Very friendly and ofcourse I went to Munich for the October fest. I get around cuz I'm in the army...what's your story??

Okay, I went to the gym to play raquetball with my friend. We played thre games, all of which I lost but i worked up a pretty good sweat! I'm sore in places I'm not normally sore. I guess I woke up some sleeping muscles, but I'm going back to the gym tonight to hang out with my gym crush. I'll be working out from a distance pretending not to notice him

Later

-Dips-
Old 09-04-2003, 10:52 AM   #32  

Good Morning all!!! Worked out this morning with my trainer and my legs were hurting SO BAD as I climbed the stairs at work. Those squats will do it to me every time--especially the pulsing ones...I hate those. When she is walking me over to the station for my squats, I resemble a death row inmate walking towards the electric chair. Pretty pathetic....But I feel better knowing it is behind me for the day. When I got home from the gym this a.m., I was finally able to pull a once tight pair of pants over my J Lo booty. That's progress!!! Anyway, I hope you are all having a good Thursday morning.

Angie- Yes, Congrats on your fine abilities to remain on plan!!!!

Julie- I like those commercials too. They make me think twice about what I am putting into my mouth.

Dips- I feel ya on the sleeping muscles. Good morning to them!!!

RedBalloon-Are you following any particular weight training program? How are you doing?

To all the late comers this morning: Have a great day!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:05 AM   #33  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!! It is pouring outside today so I had to work out inside today. YUCK!!!! I am going to miss my daily walks outside when winter comes. Working out inside takes me so long to build up to doing it and it is pure **** the whole time. I really should have been born somewhere warm.

Dips, On Plan. I got a big giggle out of picturing you in the gym staying out of sight and staring at your crush. That is what I would do too.

Julie, You can come bake for me. I had to do Pumpkin rolls the other day and yum. They smelled so good. I think I will bake a pumpkin parfait next week for a dessert.

Jackie, Congrats on fitting into your jeans. That is amazing progress! I love the feeling of fitting into a new pair of jeans.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:29 AM   #34  

Goodmorning everyone. Angie that is my problem I love to bake or just cook in general. Not only eating what you made but how it makes your home smell. It just seems so comforting to me, like when I lived at home. Today I feel like I really want to buckle down and stay Op. Last night I wanted to lay down on the couch but I got off my butt and did the treadmill for 20 mins. I keep telling myself the only way I am going to get there is if I work hard! I want to add more fiber do my diet to try and keep my belly fuller longer. Hi to everyone! Julie
Old 09-04-2003, 12:09 PM   #35  

Jackie I love doing squats. I love the way my legs feel the next day. I know I am a sicko but I know that I am really doing something when they are sore.

Has it started to cool off up there yet? It is still pretty hot here but they say it is going to be a little less humid this weekend. Hey, I will get whatever I can.

Julie stop talking about baking you are killing me here. I can't cook at all so there is never any kind of baking going on in my house.

Dips what is going on with the job?

Noelle how is your son?

Tonya, Holly, GEM, Summer, Chris and Sandy (and anyone else that I forgot) make sure you guys are keeping in touch.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #36  
The ever shrinking woman!

Hi everyone

Julie, I love the one a day weight smart, I started about a month ago, and before I started, I was struggling big time to stay under 125. I have been 123-125 for a whole month now! even when I mess up I don't go over 125, and that makes me happy

Welcome Red Balloon! Wow a lot of us on here are around the same body style, and starting weight, etc.

Congrats dips on your loss!!! 140 feel so good no?! I have 3 days left on my TOM, I can't wait til it goes away, I usually drop at least 2 pounds when it's gone, sometimes 3.

Hi Kempy, Angie, Noelle, CG, Jackie, everyone!

I tried a Lean Pocket for lunch today, they are pretty good, they started putting WWP on the box, so that's cool

Yesterday, man, I screwed up SO bad. This 80 year old blind guy came to my work selling chocolate candy bars I of course bought some, to be nice, then when they are in my possession, I can't not eat them! so I ate 2.. that was bad. TOM is BAD news for me when there is chocolate around haha! So today I am going to stay at 18 WWP, which is hard to do, that's not a lot of food, but I can do it!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #37  

Hey everyone! Ok, I fell off the wagon, a little. I ate 1 chocolate chip cookie last night (baked them for my 1st grader), and had a sliver, about 1/5 inch thick of cake today . I have to be more careful on my food choices. Surprisingly, this morning I weighed in at 148. I compensated for the cookie last night by eating a Lean Cuisine meal that only had 270 calories. Maybe I can enjoy little bits of the yummy food so long as I watch my total daily calorie intake? I have been walking 5 miles a day, and doing pilates every other day.

Tonya,

I bought the weightsmart, but haven't taken them yet. I read about alot of people being sick to their stomach, and others having heart flutters. Congrats on the 123! I would like to be close to that, maybe 130, eventually.

Kempy,

You work in a gym!? What do you do? I used to work in a gym part time in addition to my full time job, until I had my second child, then it was too much. I cannot do squats cuz I have bad knees. That also puts a limit on types of aerobic activity I can do.

Julie,

Oooohh, I love to bake too! And, yes, it makes the house smell sooo good, especially homemade white bread. I used to bake way too often, like every other day, and fatty yummy things too. Last night when I baked the chocolate chip cookies, it was the first baking I have done in almost 4 weeks. Probably why I have lost some weight, lol. Hubby and kids say they miss the goodies though.

Angie,

Congrats on staying OP. I must have given you my will power, lol. Now I am finding it hard to resist treats. Today is our anniversary, and Saturday is hubby's birthday, so, I guess this week will be a bust. Hopefully I won't gain any weight though .

Jackie,

Congrats on the jeans! I have been trying to fit into a pair of mine now for about 2 years, and was able to button and zip them without much discomfort last week. I know how exciting it is!!

That's all I have for right now, I guess that's what I get for being away so long!!

Hi to Noelle, redballoon, Dips, choci, GEM, Emily, Summer, anyone else I missed!

Holly
Old 09-04-2003, 01:53 PM   #38  

I am the Executive Director of the gym. I really do mostly back of house stuff. I am the organs of this operation. Red that is the type of Pro-Shop I am talking about. We sell clothes and supplements here so I have to get an order together for all of that stuff.

Guys don't beat yourself up for lttle mess ups. Today is a new day and you can start fresh and clean today. One day at a time!
Old 09-04-2003, 02:10 PM   #39  

hey Kempy- NO it has not gotten cooler in this part of LA, however, we have avoided the lovebugs so far. Today the temp in my car was 99. LOVELY. I burnt my thighs on my leather seats. (Maybe it shrunk some of the cellulite?). What gym do you work in? Local or chain? Have you heard about any good gyms in my area? I am looking for a change. Tulane is just too crowded, now that the students are back..
Old 09-04-2003, 05:18 PM   #40  
The ever shrinking woman!

haha Jackie, if it burnt some of your cellulite, I just may borrow my mom's lexus and try that myself!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:28 PM   #41  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, How is Echo and the kitties? I havent heard much about them lately. Has she done any more training or trials?

It stopped raining so me and Jay got in a nice long walk tonight.

Brit has a soccer game tomorrow night. It seems weird that she is doing sports because me and Jay arent athletic by any means.

5 days on plan. YEAH!!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:30 AM   #42  
No Limit Souljah!!

Today Is A BAD day

I got called into the office extra early this morning because we had a unrinalysis. I haven't eaten breakfast and I can't because I have a physical at the clinic later this morning and you know how they starve you before hand. Further more I didn't get much sleep last night because me and my Fiance had a fight. I don't think i could have dealt with all this on any other day of the week so TGIF!!

Angie- "on plan" DUH (slapping my forehead) I should've figured that out. See how fast a week goes by?! I'm so proud of you

Kempy- Work is going okay, I geuss. I'm less involved with the office these days because I'm transissioning out.

Tonya- Thank you for your support, you're awesome! I think my TOM should be over after the weekend. I hope so bcause it really sucks. Imagine having a urinalysis while on the rag. Not the most comfortable experience. Now I have to prepare for a physical.

Julie- What's up girly! I hope you're having a better friday than me.

Good morning to all those I missed but I have to get to the Health Clinic for my physical. I'll check back in later today. With the exeption of RED Balloon, you're all probably sleeping at this hour anyways

Later

-Dips-
Old 09-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #43  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

ΚΚ Dips, a big Konnichi wa! to you too (for all you non-Japanophiles that's "Good day!") Well, actually it's Konban wa now since it's evening. I'm getting ready (have been ready) to get some sleep but wanted to get back to you all here. Yes, the time differences usually mean I'm out of the loop kind of. People are writing away and I'm asleep and vice versa! I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad day. It all does sound a real downer. I'm sorry to hear about the fight with your fiance. I'm in between boyfriends now (I'm being optimistic here) Just ended (had it ended) a long one that wasn't really going anywhere but I hung in. Oh well.

Heh, in that picture are you a communications officer or on the radio or something? I never got to Venice. In fact, I didn't get much elsewhere than that little village though I drove through a lot of places, zoomed down through the Alps and into Rome with a German friend once but he just dropped me in Rome and I caught the train to Peschici. And, that's right, he was from Augsburg. They have a funny dialect there. Lots of "sh" sounds. I got to the Oktoberfest a couple of times, once all-expenses paid from Japan to do a story for JAL a few years ago. When I lived in Munich though I didn't go much. I was there for four years. German was my major and I went for a junior year abroad thing but dropped out and stayed on in Munich. I was drinking like a fish then (that's actually where I learned to drink as I never touched the stuff in the States) I ran a student bar up in the student housing area I lived in. Gosh, those were times! I'm lucky to be alive, probably! I was never in the military but I did work for Pacific Stars and Stripes, which is the military paper here in Asia. That was back in the mid-'80s. I was local civilian hire but I got to use the base facilities and there are lots in the Tokyo area. It was a lot of fun. It was like leaving Japan and going to the States every morning! Oh heh, Dips, by the way, where are you from originally?

jackieO, Hi there. yes, aren't squats killers? I'm like Kempy. I love them in a sick way. Or rather, I'm sick and I love them! I know the apres squat shuffle (lurch?). It's the 100-year-old grandmother bending over and moaning with each step. Oooh, congrats on the once-tight, now loose pair of pants. Doesn't that feel great! Not that I can remember, have you! Oh, about a plan, no I'm not actually following anything now, just trying to cut calories. I think I eat very healthily, just too much of it. I juice my own vegetables and eat only brown rice, other grains, beans, lots of veggies. I also stay away from sugar (now completely for six weeks since I've been doing the 21-day challenge. I stayed off it for a year. It's the greatest thing. Cravings vanish, pms vanishes, it really does! I also only allow myself one caffeine fix in the morning and recently before a heavy workout. Alas, it all sounds great but I just eat too, too much, I guess, because I stay seemingly stuck at 150. But I've always had a mega-appetite, fueled by any sort of emotional tremor, even those undetectable by most! I think I'm getting it down though now and coming here chatting with you all helps a lot!

ΚΚ angieME, hope things are looking well for you. Do you have a gym in your area you can work out in? I know what you mean about working out inside. It's so . . . not easy.

jbbm, hi to you too. That's a great save on the exercise you did the other night. Very inspiring!

ΚΚ Kempyd, you sicko, you! Isn't it cool the way squats make all different parts of your legs ache? It's not just blah, your leg, it's here and there and around the back and inside and you realize you have all these great muscles in your legs.

Hi Tonya, Thanks for the welcome. Yes, a lot of people here do seem to be similar in height and weight. Wow, awesome, struggling to stay under 125. I sure'd be struggling too! Just kidding! It's like I can't remember 125 since I was still growing and mean vertically! Well, good luck to you! It looks like you've got things under control. Which reminds me all. saw a great acronym the other day. *****. It stands for Being In Total Control, Honey!
ΚΚ

chikitababe, How are you? 5 miles a day?! That's a lot. Where do you walk, treadmill, outside?

Okay, all, I've got to get to sleep. Good night! ΚΚ

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #44  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I just got done with my walk. That sun is so hot on my face.

Dips, I hope your day turns out better than this morning. I hate having to have exams while ragging. YUCK!! Notice how they always work out to be that time of the month though? I should be hitting PMS soon. I am lucky my period only lasts 3 days tops.

Red Balloon, My house looks like a gym. I have a treadmill,a recumbent bike and an elliptical machine sitting in my livingroom. I still would rather walk outside any day though.

Noelle, How is your son doing? I hope he is feeling better.

Kempy, Hey girl. How are you doing? We havent had any time to sit and chat forever. This will be my last busy weekend so maybe I'll start PM you in the afternoons.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #45  

TGIF!!!! Good morning (or evening to red Balloon ) all!!!!

My goal is to stay completely on plan this weekend. I am sure it will be diificult yet again, because I have another bridal shower to go to for a wedding I am standing in. Damn those bridal showers!!! Anyway, I am planning to write my goals down and develop a relapse prevention plan, if you will.......

Red Balloon-I feel you on the sugar issue. I completely gave it up 2.5 years ago and have never felt better. Heartburn, indigestion, and cramping are gone, not to mention the lovely mood swings. It has also helped me to lose a nice amount of weight (definitely a benefit). I also only eat whole grains, no refined carbs. The legs are better today..guess those squats didn't kill me after all.

Angie- Impressed with your early morning workout done already. At least you don't have to think about it the rest of the day. Enjoy your weekend!!!!

Dips- I hope your day gets better Sweetie! I had one of those on Weds (minus the fasting for a physical). I hope things improve today and you are able to enjoy your weekend.

Tonya- That is exactly what I am talking about..never thought when I bought my Lexus with the leather seats, it would turn out to be a cellulite burning machine. HAHA!!

To everyone else that comes later, Hi and Have a great Friday. I will check in later- Ashley
Closed Thread