Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #16  

I like anything that is more dry than sweet so Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Sangiovese and some cabernets. I just tried this Italian Nebbiolo - Yummy! and that's just the reds!

Whites are Pinot Grigot, some Chardonnays, Sauvignon Blanc, some Reislings and Pinot Blanc. More yummy!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #17  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HI! The weather doesnt know what it wants to do lately. We closed our pool up this weekend for the year so for us summer is officially over. It went quick this year it seems like.

I had to rake Candi's hair out last night and I cut the **** out of my finger with the rake. OUCH!!! But she is gorgeous now. Tonight she gets her bath and a new combing tomorrow. I am sure she will be happy.

Rebel had his bath the other night and he is a white dog again. Who would have guessed it??!!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:39 PM   #18  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry please take me in!

Hello there! I've been reading your thread and like the sounds of it. Mind if I jump aboard? I'm fairly new to this board, have been doing the 21-Day Challenge (just started up a new one, by the way, please come join us ) and really love the place. It's kept me off sugar for the past 6 weeks, 'cept for one day in between challenges where I pigged out!

I'm at 150 lbs now, am only 5 feet 1.5 inches and would like to get down to at least 130 and then lower probably when I see what I'm like there. I do a lot of heavy weight training and have a lot of muscle (know some of your names from the Ladies Who Lift thread) but like the positive, up and lively feeling on this thread and wanted to jump in. Maybe spreading myself a bit thin. . . but, heh, isn't that the idea?!?!

Please ask me anything. I'm kinda shy about talking about myself but if you ask me I'll talk. . .and talk and talk!

Old 09-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #19  

Hey Red Balloon!! Glad you found your way over here..how have you been? Like you, I decided to start posting on this thread after reading so many friendly posts. I like the Ladies who Lift site, but feel like it is a pretty established group, so much of the time, I get no responses. How is your challenge going? I just finished reading Body for Life and think I may try one of the 12 week challenges...it can't hurt!!! talk to you soon.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:47 AM   #20  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey redballoon Welcome to our little thread. This is a great group. You are about the same height as me. I wam 5'2" and right now I weigh 146(I had a little too much fun this summer. ) I would like to get to 135 and go from there. I need to start weight training too but it seems like I do so much cardio and then I dont want to move at night.

3 DAYS OP!!!! YEAH!!! I think that is the longest I have stayed OP all summer. Tonights supper is fat free hotdogs so today should go as planned also.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #21  

Hey guys. I am supposed to be ordering some things for our pro-shop but I am sneaking on here instead.

Angie have you started to read that thing i sent you yet? I have gotten to about page 90 and I am getting some good info that i think you might be able to use. It talks alot about nutrition once you get the chapter about positive thinking.

Hey Red. You must be following me too. As you can see Jackie is here from LWL too. You are over seas aren't you? Our Cosmo girl is over that way too. Maybe she will pop in and let you know exactly where she is.

What is everyone up to. Noelle where ya at girl? I think we lost Chris and Sandy too. Come on guys don't give up on us. YOu know we are all here to give support so lay it on us. I really liked that we are getting such a big group of girls. I hope we can keep it that way.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #22  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

And so it starts. The evil TOM is upon me but I have to go to the gym today. I went to an aerobics class this morning and it kicked my butt! I've been avoiding the eveil afternoon instructor but I must say she had a lot to do with my latest weight loss so I have to go back to her today.

Red Balloon- Welcome, girl!! I love seeing new people and what a character you are !! I'm 5 feet even, I feel like slowly but surely, us little gals are taking over!

Kempy- What's good girl! Getting educated I see. Books are very helpful but i hardly have enough time in a day to flip through a magazine. What the heck is up with those bugs??!! EEEEWWW.

Angie- You're on a roll Girl!! I am so proud of you! I knew you would find your groove again. and yes, weight training would help you a great deal, you'll see. Let me know how that goes!

GEM- Hey you, I'm feeling like a Do-Do bird now because I'm in thw wine capital of the world and I have no clue on the subject. And here you are, the wine expert!

Jackie- Trying a new challenge, huh? I say go for it! The hardest part is getting started anyway. Once you have your momentum, you'll be good to go! Just ask Angie

Okay I'm off to the gym now, I'll chat with you girls in a bit

Later

-Dips-
Old 09-03-2003, 12:27 PM   #23  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi everyone!

Angie invited me over, so here I am. For those who don't know me, I started a serious attempt at losing weight last October and took off a little over 50 pounds. Over the summer, unfortunately, I gained about 20 back and now I am more determined than ever to reach my goals.

I started back up last Monday and I'm down 8 pounds; only 12 to go to get to where I left off. After that, I've still got at least another 50, maybe more, depending on how I feel when I get there.

For now, I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time. Make that: one pound at a time! But yeah, my goal for the month is another 12 pounds. Sounds like a lot, but I have a lot to lose, so it should be doable.

It's nice to be back.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #24  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Choci!! Glad to see you came over. You can do this. You have had an awesome week so far.

Dips, Thanks for the encouragement. I went to Walmart today for some Fat free Blue Bunny because it seems to be helping me not binge if I eat some at night.

Kempy, I saved the book but I havent actually gotten around to reading much yet. I will though. We have the Fly in this weekend so basically this weekend will be about it for major tourists...until the leaves change.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I'm here...recuperating from the weekend. My boy had a little food poisoning I think, from a hot dog he ate on Sunday so I kept him home yesterday, didn't have much time to post. My day's gonna be another busy one but I just needed to stop by and say hey.

Welcome Red Balloon (one of my favorite childhood movies BTW), and Choci! Glad to have you both here. It's so exciting to have this thread grow like this. I have a nail appointment (so vain, I know ) at 9 a.m. so I've got to scoot. I'll definitely be back later to catch up. Have a great day!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #26  
The ever shrinking woman!

I am here! Hi everyone

wow it's hard to keep up with this thread anymore! I gotta go read back on the old one, and this one, then I can do more personal replies

well next week I am going to tighten up my belt! its TOM for me right now, and it's been a rough one this month..

so I blew 3 days in a row already... *sigh*

OK I will read back, and catch up when I get a chance! have a good day girls!
Old 09-03-2003, 05:33 PM   #27  

Good Wednesday everyone! Tonya glad to see your back! Welcome new members. I can not believe it September! It seems like I was waiting for summer to come and now it is almost over. Every fall I get the baking bug. I want to make apple crisp and the fall goodies. Just have to do it in moderation. I love the nutri-grain commericals where they just tape the sweets and baked goods to their a**. I might as well do the same thing because that is where it goes. Have a good day girls. Check in later. Bye Julie
Old 09-03-2003, 07:06 PM   #28  

Tonya I have a quick question for you. I see on your fitday link you take weight smart one a day vitamins. I was thinking on starting on them. Do you like them or notice a difference when you started to take them? I know they contain chromium which I heard can help better use insulin in the body. I feel for ya hon with that damn TOM. Thanks alot. Julie Hi to everyone
Old 09-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #29  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

4 DAYS OP!!! YEAH!!!! I am so psyched!!

I found a 12 year old Yorkie for adoption on Petfinder and I emailed the lady about her. She sent me some pics and she is so cute. I cant believe noone has adopted her yet.

Tonya, I hear ya on the PMS. Mine is due next week. I usually get my groove back just in time for that and then I fall off the wagon. I am going to try my damnedest to stay OP this month though. Someone may need to come lock my fridge for me though.

Talk to ya all tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #30  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry thank you for all the welcomes!

Hi everyone, I'd been wanting to get back to you all but had to talk long on the phone and now I've got to hit the hay if I'm going to get to the gym early tomorrow. Thanks all for the welcomes.

jackieO, yes, I've seen you on the LWL site. I know what you mean. I guess every place has its own feel. Well, obviously I guess, it's just like people getting together at a party. And personalities and so really do come through in one's writing, 'specially when you're chatting like on these boards. Hope to get to know you better here. Sometimes on other threads and so you feel kind of hesitant to really let your personality come out. I can be very secretive but it's not really my nature. It's more something I've learned, but I don't like it!

angieME, hello there. I'm noticing there is an abundance of short people here. Well, just tonight I learned yet another advantage of being short. I, for one, love it, because I work with horseracing here a lot and am always around jockeys! But, oh yes, the reason. There was an awesome lightning storm in Tokyo last night and three people were killed. They had some show on TV tonight explaining why the one jogger was hit and others jogging weren't. They did this little experiment, zapping mannequins and all and then concluded that he had been the tallest and even if a shorter person is carrying an umbrella with a metal tip, the taller person (since humans conduct and attract electricity) would be the one to get hit, even without an umbrella. Interesting! Well, Angie, you're already a good 4 lbs less than me and being a whole half inch taller I'd say you're way out in front!

Kempyd, Hi there. Yes, I've been following you! What kind of pro shop are you working in? Yup, I'm in Tokyo. Who is this Cosmo girl? Is she from Tokyo?

Dips, Thanks a lot for the welcome. So, I'm a character, am I? Well, I didn't know you could tell so soon! Uh-oh, must go into hiding again. Yes, another shorties. I would NOT ever want to be tall, really. I say that and people don't believe me but heh, I mean it. Where in Italy are you? I have a friend over on the east coast in a little fishing village called Peschici. It's right on the spur of the boot. I used to live in Munich and we'd go down there at Christmas. It's a beautiful little place. She just got back in touch with me after years recently. I like Italian and was studying it a bit more. There's an Italian jockey who won the first two legs of the Japanese triple crown. He's going to be coming back in the fall for the third leg. I hope he wins. He's a young guy, Demuro is his last name. He's big in Italy but unless you're into racing I guess you wouldn't know him. Are you in the military? You look to be from your picture. That is you, isn't it? Well, you know, I think one of the things that made me want to join this thread was you admitting to your crush on the guy in the gym. That was too funny. I know just how you feel. I go to the gym to train, yeah, sure, but the thing that really gets me there is sitting there in between sets just taking in the scenes! Mmm, yum!

melekalikimaka, is that your name or what does that mean anyhow! It sounds pretty whatever it is. Thank you too for the welcome and YES, the French film is where I took the name. Where in Hawaii are you? I just got home from a parttime job here I do and the guy who runs it is a Japanese-American fellow from Hawaii. I've never been there except in the airport on a stopover and that was years ago when Korean Air was flying to the States via Hawaii. How is your boy? Food poisoning, that can be really nasty. Hope he's OK now.

OK, I've got to bed now. I wrote all that after saying I couldn't write! See, I told you I can go on and on! A big HELLO to everyone else I didn't specifically mention by name. Hope to get to know y'all better.

Good night! Closing out Thursday here. Got a jump on you all!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-04-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Closed Thread