Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 09:09 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #7

Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread!

We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. These girls Rock!!!!

This month we are all going to do a challenge also. We can go by pounds, inches, jean size, etc. Whatever makes you happy.

We hope you come join us!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Well girls it is a new month and time for a new challenge. Since I bombed last month I am going to have to try harder this month.

My goal for this month is to do the best I can to stay on track. Last month I let is all slide and this time I am recommitting myself to making my goal. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:42 AM   #3  

Hey! Happy Labor Day!

Ok goals for this month.....

1. Stay On Plan, starting to get difficult
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day
3. Try to drink more water

I am going to aim for 145 this month. Am now between 148.5 and 149. I don't want to say any lower, because a couple of my challenges are getting discouraged, and being too hard on myself.

My best friend's wedding is September 27, so, I hope to make 145 by then. We ordered our brides maids dresses from Chadwick's, and I tried mine on this Saturday. I ordered a 12, and it was too big! So, I called Chadwicks asking for an exchange, and they said size 10 is on back order until 10/31. So, I am taking the dress to a tailor to have it taken in. If my chest were larger, I might be ok, but, being small up there, I have way too much room.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!! Dips, congrats on the 10# loss, that is GREAT! Are you using SB, sorry, I can't remember what you said your diet plan is.

Angie,

Lets try to stay on plan together. August was really good for me, but, I am getting the urge for sweets again.

Holly
Old 09-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #4  

Dips thanks so much for the kind words. You have such uplifting personality. I am feeling alot of positive vibes from everyone. Its a new month! Lets all start fresh. We can do it. Tonya are you out there? You are an inspiratation also because you are at my goal weight girl! Have a great Monday everyone. Julie
Old 09-02-2003, 06:12 AM   #5  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

It's a new month, a new thread and we even have some new memebers. I have a good feeling about this month. My goal is in full focus as I have finalized my vacation reservations in florida. I arrive in the sunny state on October 19th and I know that if I want to look good for Mickey Mouse I have to work everyday until then to acheive my goal. As I'm writing this there is a unit barbeque going on and damned if I don't want to run out and grab me a burger but I will slip away and enjoy a healthy meal in my room.

To all, let's really make this month worth while, I'm in it to win it if you are so let's do it!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:29 AM   #6  
No Limit Souljah!!

BY THE WAY...

Holly- Thank you for your encouragement. My diet and excersice plan consists of a 1200 calorie a day, low fat diet and about an hour or so of excersise 6 days a week. I (try) to drink at leats 64 ounces of water a day. I only drink natural friut juices no soda, or artificial juice. I take multivitamins and I come to you all for encouragement. Do I cheat? Yes! But cheating is a part of dieting. I think it's a must. I hat to admit this but I'm also motivated to go to the gym everyday by this really cute guy who I've been entertaining a crush on. I always want to be my own motivator but if the eye candy is there, why not look right?

Julie- You're so sweet! Thank you for the kind words, I really needed them today. I'm so glad I'm starting the work week on a tuesday. I start to outprocess this month and I'm too happy about that.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:38 AM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!!! Okay, I finally dared to step on the scales today to see what the damage has really been from a summer of eating. 146. It isnt as bad as I had expected. I had a dream the other night(you know the ones where you wake up and think they were real?) well, I dreamed that I stepped on the scales and they said 206 again!! I was so upset that I had let myself get that big again...until I realized that it had been a dream. Lets just say that I have been OP for the last 2 days thanks to the dream that could really happen.

My goal is to try to get back down to 140 this month. I am with Dips, I dont want to look bad and feel bad when I finally get to Florida either.

You guys are so great!!! Thanks for putting up with all my *****ing and complaining last month. I dont know what happened but it didnt feel like a very good month to me. I think I found my mojo and I am ready to move ahead.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #8  

Wow guys it looks like all of us are ready to get dwon to business and I am no exception. I will be on the 6 weeks cycle until Oct 6 so that is my goal. I am going to stick with this plan and make all of the great gains that I can.

FL was great but we couldn't get in the water b/c of the rip tides. It was really rough out there. The whole time we lived ther it was never that bad. Four people died thie past weekend because of the conditions. I can't believe that people would even get out in it.

Of course I ate a little to much but I am back in the mode again and ready to get rid of the water that is hanging around. I think mother nature is having something to do with this though.

I am glad to be back and I am looking forward to chatting with all of you and to us keeping each other motivated.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:45 AM   #9  

Hey guys, these are what lovebugs look like. I can't believe I actually found this picture. They are so gross!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:36 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

GROSS!!!! I would be grossed out to have them around too.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:43 AM   #11  

They are small but they get everywhere. I had to vaccum yesterday when we got home. We just did it before we left too. I have no idea how they are getting in the house. I even vaccumed outside around our back door. There were all of these little corpses on the ground. I read up on them on a site I just found and they are origianally from South America and have migrated up this way. The young ones fed on decaying leaves but the adults don't eat anything. There really is no way to kill them b/c they travel on the air currents. We just have to put up with them for about 2 weeks and then they will just be gone.

I saw tons of RV's yesterday onthe way home and it made me think of you Angie. I think it is going to be so much fun for you guys when you head to FL.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #12  

Greetings all!!! Hope you had a good weekend! I got a little off track due to a bridal shower I threw over the weekend, but today is a new day!!! Yesterday I went shopping and I was able to buy a size 12 skirt, which I am very excited about, since this was my original goal size. Got in a good workout at the gym this morning.

Kempy- I finally bit the bullet and bought and read the Body for Life book, which I enjoyed very much. The 20 minutes only of cardio kinda scares me though (I am used to doing much more). But I think I am going to do the 12 week challenge...It might help me to lose these last 25 pounds I have been whining about . Delay gratification does not come easily to me if you haven't noticed..I want it done YESTERDAY!!! But this weight loss journey has taught me some good lessons.

Angie- Glad to see you are back on the wagon!!! You have a great attitude! Good luck!!!

Dips- Hey, whatever works to get you to the gym!!!!! Maybe if I find a crush I will go more often!!

chickitababe- I am standing in a wedding in November, so it is my goal also to be in better shape by them. That is awesome about the size 10 dress. I hope for the day that a size 12 is too big. Congrats on your success!!!

To anyone I may have missed, I will check in later...Have a great day!!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #13  

Talking HI

Morning Ladies!

It's been a while but I am here. Any word on Noelle? - I heard a hurricaine was supposed to glance the Big Island and maybe Hilo too prayers are being said now!

My challenge last month was good but I started fading on the eating by the end. I made it to 145! yeah! My goal this month is to be under 140. It would be the first time since freshman year of highschool.. and to drink more water...and to increase my exercise beyond walking Fenway....

Welcome JackieO and Julie. It will be cool to get to know you more.

Dips I'm digging whatever motivates you! If it is healthy...eye candy in the gym or Mickey Mouse...why not?

Kempy and Angie good to see you motivated and willing again this month! You can do it.

I am loving the South Beach but it is so easy for me to over indulge in carbs so that is my weakness. There was a huge fun wedding Friday - so the normal amounts of wine I drink went out the door

Hope all are well! Talk to you later

GEM/Summer

Heaviest Weight: 175
Starting Weight:158
Current Weight: 146
Goal Weight: 125
Old 09-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #14  

Good Tuesday girls! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Thank god pms is almost over. I think it is okay to indulge a little bit during that time, if it keeps me sane. I just have to tell myself I can eat a couple of chocolate chips not the whole bag.
Kempy those bugs look nasty! We have a similar problem this time of the year with bugs that are called box elder beetles. They are a red and black thing that really freak me out.
I think I will get back on the treadmill today. Kind of took a break for awhile. Yesterday my mom and I were going through the JCPenny catalog and saw so many cute outfits. She said pick one out and I will buy you anyone you want for your birthday. I can't wait to get back into a sexy pair of jeans. I hate to get new clothes now before my weight loss, but I saw some really cute jogging suits with matching jackets. They stretch
Well have a good day. bye Julie
Old 09-02-2003, 02:27 PM   #15  

Jackie I think you should give the BFL book a try. I am not doing any cardio at all on my program and I am totally loving it!

Julie I think you and I were riding the same PMS bus this weekend. I am still have some feelings of being anti-social. I get this way right b4 I start. I just want everyone to leave me alone. That really isn't a good thing since I work in a gym and I am around people all day.

Summer what type of wine do you like. I have been into Pinot Nior lately. And I am into it more than I should be.
Closed Thread