3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 AM   #196

Smile April 2017 More

Ohoh, I forgot to report in...

218/197.5

I can now straighten my leg 180 degrees. I need to bend my knee another 11 degrees...Hope I can get there.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:13 AM   #197
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/178.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I am so ready for a couple days off.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 179.8
Down: .6

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Devotion for Dieters: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5312050-post119.html

My ticker reflects my original high weight

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!
You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-21-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #198
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I went out to a pizza buffet place last night and wow, does my scale show it this morning. I know it's just water weight but still annoying. I was very mindful and started my meal with a giant salad and then had 2 pcs of a flatbread pizza. Really shouldn't have had dessert though. My sweet tooth still has a pretty loud voice in my head sometimes. Also very little exercise this week. Work and school are just so darn busy lately. I have got to carve out the time for my treadmill. Also signed on to mow the yard with my landlord. I get a discount off my rent if I keep the yard mowed. I immediately agreed to it and then realized how big my yard is. so I'll at least pick that movement up. Never realized that mowing is a workout.

I'm struggling with coping mechanisms today. I have used food to cope since I was a very young girl. Now trying to change that and find something new to help me cope feels like such a mountain to climb some days. Trying to make my treadmill my new coping technique. Just walk it off. Need some positive thoughts and prayers if y'all don't mind.

Back on plan today...all day.

Last edited by Vixsin; 04-21-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #199
Because I am wortth it

S/C/G: 186/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in gals.......WI scale up again today
So just a recap week 4 day 5 of 4 week program complete. Ate I would say this past month on target calorie and carb wise. My reward you ask.............more drum roll.........it gets louder.........gain of 3.8lbs go figure. Its official I have no longer lost 26lbs I am inching to losing only 20

My clothes are not loser, I don't see any body change but then again I don't feel puffy bloaty either.

Ah well back to more water water water.

xxooo to everyone I will try and check back in later

Goal one 10lbs by Thanksgiving -- missed met Dec 5
Goal two 15lbs by January one -- December 26
Goal three 20lb by Feb 21, 2017 -- January 23
Goal four 25lb by Feb 21, 2017 (spouses birthday) -- March 5
Goal five 30 lb by March 20, 2017--well it was wishful thinking...still waiting
Goal six goal weight by July 2017
Maintenance August 2017....sheesh that will be so much harder
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #200

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!!!

It has been a busy couple of days at work! I had a big bid to get out and they always stress me out big time. I didn't even stop til late afternoon to have lunch yesterday and then I over ate a little. My bestie made tacos for lunch, and I LOVE tacos Then after work my kids father called, he normally has them Thursday night, any who his girlfriend was going into labor so there was a lot of shuffling of kids and stuff. Due to waiting and the kid shuffle I did not work out yesterday. It was active recovery day so I'm not too upset I missed.
I did somehow manage to stay under my calories and my carbs.

Ronja I'm deeply sadden that you've never had Mexican, as I can't imagine my life with out it. LOL! Though I am from Texas and it more of a Tex-Mex style that I eat generally and not true authentic Mexican.

Diana on the subject of Mexican food I always try to eat moderately as well and modify what I can. I have a Mexican place in town that will serve fajitas as lettuce wraps. And at home I never make re-fried beans and try not to have rice, or sub quinoa. I really love a good batch of charro/ barracho beans, but they can have a lot of sodium.

Terri Prayers! I hope you figure out your medical stuff. I think a lot of people have a hard time navigating through the system so don't beat yourself up. Also, glad to hear of the improvement!!

Kelijpa Challenging, but sounds like you are in for some FUN!

Weekend Thanks! I like to try new routines cause I will get bored if I don't.

If I missed you, Hi!
hope everyone is doing great!

Here's hoping I see a little drop on the scale by Sunday.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:18 PM   #201

S/C/G: 313/188/150

Height: 5'8

Hello!

I haven't weighed in this month yet, but I'm feeling well as a whole. I've kept up my elliptical every day (for a year now!) until today. It started klunking and then the metal beam inside the arm attached to the spinning mechanism literally snapped in half. Scared me half to death and now I have no elliptical. I'm pretty sure it cannot be fixed, at least not without frustration and $$. I'm such a creature of habit I feel lost and kind of want to cry. Plus there's always the money you put into stuff. This one was bought secondhand new and no warranty.

I've been walking a lot with my kids and that has been lovely! It's finally spring time here. It's been in the upper 30s & 40s so it's been perfect walking weather.

My plan for today is to go running outside. I did my first 5k last weekend and it was a lot of fun. I'm happy I was able to actually do it.

I hope you all are well, all this talk of Mexican food makes me want to run down the street and get some!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #202

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Vixen
You're on a journey. Stay close to you're path. You'll make it.

Today I'm as hungry as an angry alligator.
To much to do to nap through it. I'm irritable and snappy.
I've got 5 teenagers here having a pizza party and I'm close to completing my 3rd fast day. Either I give in and gave some fun and not look back.

Or suffer the hunger pangs.
Not sure which path I'll take, thought to check in , while I'm struggling. See I've already ate food yesterday geared for health benefits , and am on hour 27 of 36 the semi fast.

For dinner yesterday I had catfish, broccoli, tomato, lemon, spinach, sweet potato , onion and mini sweet red peppers.

I think I'm going to have a zerocal vitamins water.
And a lemon peel with packets of stevia as a candy.

It won't help with pangs , and won't help with my woken hunger .
But it will be something I can have in my mouth.
I know lemon peel might not sound apeeling . But it like sucking on lemon heads. But actually very very healthy thing to do.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #203
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

About the Mexican food the other night. I went with the family of my friend who passed away. I just felt very weak and didn't even have the desire to make the best choices. There were better options there but I ate what I ate and tried to do it in moderation. It was just a tough day all the way around.

Tacos_in_Texas Sorry you missed your workout. I had people in my office today during my workout time, so I couldn't get it done. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

Vixsin I hear you on the coping mechanisms. Some days are really tough. Hang in there. You can do it.

Pang
How are you doing? Are you still fasting or did you have pizza? That would be hard. I tend to avoid pizza, Mexican food, etc. It is so difficult to have that stuff in moderation.

Teri Good luck with the continued progress with your knee.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +
No extra bites or licks

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled steak bites & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Nothing

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a
Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #204
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/186.4/150

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Hello Everybody!

Well, I fell off the planet this week. I had a week off from work and basically I threw all caution to the wind and just had fun all week, stayed up late, got up late, ate what I wanted, did some shopping. I guess I needed that.

I'm having a little trouble with motivation so I bought a new cookbook this week-- 100 Days of Real Food. We'll see how that goes. The woman who wrote it has a blog and I could have probably just gotten the recipes from her blog, but I liked having a new book in my kitchen. Now I just have to use it.

I also learned EFT this week (Emotional Freedom Technique) and was surprised to find that it actually works for my food cravings. However it only works if I move myself to use it. heh, heh . . .

I hope everybody had a nice Easter week. I just love the spring, can't wait for the summer . . .

Diana I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #205
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Magistra Thank you. Welcome back.

Happy Saturday!

Last night I did: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 179.2
Down: .6

Have a great day!
Daily Devotion for Dieters: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5312213-post120.html

a

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-22-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #206
Because I am wortth it

S/C/G: 186/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!

WI still above 160 at 161.4 don't know when I will get below again at this rate. I still have to do my physical fitness test before I start round 2 of my 4 week program. This time I am going to do the extra credit on mornings I am feeling strong just to push my self.

Teri000 that is terrific about your leg and my 'diet' I dont even think that way anymore it is just my chosen lifestyle of eating is not so bad at least for me. Last night I made pizza. No bread crust and not using cauliflower. It is made with egg and cream cheese

Vixen the only way up that mountain is one step at a time, just change one thing at a time

Tacos, I love some hectic but guess I am too old to want crazy hectic LOL

Jules, congrats on the 5K last weekend, I am not a runner, I tried it for awhile and said I would keep going until I could do 5k, one day I did it and it was not too bad the next day I quit

Pang sorry yesterday was a struggle I know I get very tempted, yesterday for me was a chocolate craving and I had no protein bar with me. I almost accepted a handful of M&M's from a co-worker until I looked up the carb count. One serving was more than a days worth of carbs for me

Magistra welcome back

Weekend, Ronja, Diana......waving with both hands, while jumping on one leg, .... just wanted to give you a visual

If I missed you see above

Goal one 10lbs by Thanksgiving -- missed met Dec 5
Goal two 15lbs by January one -- December 26
Goal three 20lb by Feb 21, 2017 -- January 23
Goal four 25lb by Feb 21, 2017 (spouses birthday) -- March 5
Goal five 30 lb by March 20, 2017--well it was wishful thinking...still waiting
Goal six goal weight by July 2017
Maintenance August 2017....sheesh that will be so much harder

Last edited by nancylmrn; 04-22-2017 at 10:45 AM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #207
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1530 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (450 calories)
Salad with grilled chickn & BHF's ranch 400 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (820 calories)
grilled chicken tenderloins 350 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
green beans 75 calories
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Parfait 155 calories

Exercise
30 Minutes treadmill, 30 minutes bike
Me and my church friend has been discussing joining a gym. There is one that is between her and I and right down the street from the church. It also has a pool. Some of the other church members are members at the gym. We went there today to discuss the prices, etc. She is a govt. employee and can add me on at a reduced price. She seems excited to join. We used the cardio equipment today and had fun. We haven't joined, yet. I wanted to join there before but didn't want to pay the full price. I am willing to join at the discounted price. I am leaving that up to her. At this point she wants to go back there and join on Monday. I'll go with what she says. We'll see. But we cannot walk outside with the sun and heat, how it already is. We would have to drive to the mall to walk, so the gym is a lot more convenient, too. Again, leaving it up to her.

a

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-22-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:23 AM   #208
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/186.4/150

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I got my haircut today. It looks nice, but itís 2 inches shorter than what I wanted and not the style I wanted. The whole haircutting event caused me some stress and I went home with emotions and ate a bunch of jelly beans. Ug. Iíll feel better tomorrow. Why am I so picky about my hair? Itís just hair . . .

B: cheese bagel w/ pepper jack cheese, coffee w/half and half
L: strawberry yogurt, w/nuts and seeds
S: jelly beans
D: chicken tenders, peas

E: none

Diana Your friend sounds nice. Itís great to have a friend who wants to exercise with you. A long time ago, my sister and I joined a gym together and that motivated us to go more often. I understand about the heat. Itís starting to warm up here too, but itís still cool enough to walk in the early evening. The only thing I have to watch out for is the mosquitoes.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #209
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Magistra I'm sure your new hair style is very pretty. By your avatar it looks like you have great hair. Remember us discussing about makeup? I am picky and weird and feel that I have to wear it and I prefer to fix my hair than have it pulled back, etc. I don't like feeling like that so I can relate.

Last night I added on: Tamile Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1530 +
Weigh In: 179
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Daily Devotion: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5312296-post121.html

a

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-23-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #210

S/C/G: 226.6/175.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

From easter it's been a roller coaster up and down the scale, but I am back to losing again.

Vixsin - I so relate to the struggle and using food for all the wrong reasons. I get mad at myself sometimes for thinking about how I want something unhealthy. I eventually talk myself through it. What I do sometimes is google weight loss blogs and read success stories. No one is ever perfect every minute, and if it was so easy we'd all be thin and healthy. I'm more on auto pilot now, but yes, I've cried about all of this a few times. It's hard sometimes, it feels like it's taking forever, I want to be there already, I'm afraid of gaining it back, etc.

magistra - the good news is, it's hair and it will grow back. But I hate when that happens. My current hairdresser is fabulous and I'll follow her around the world if I have to - lol

pang - I'll be curious how you made out. Just the smell of pizza in my house would probably make me either have to leave or indulge. It's way harder to do this with kids in the house.

I was looking at a stationary bike yesterday, the kind they use for spinning classes. I fear the treadmill, even though it's a commercial quality life fitness, is hard on me. My feet, my back...ugh. It's becoming a huge chore. If I only used the treadmill once or twice a week I think I could handle it. But I don't want my body breaking down and unable to exercise.

msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote