Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 15st/14st 9/11st

Height: 5"4

Default Taking a look at myself and my weight in the mirror , (may be triggering)

Hi everyone,
I got my blood test results back today and the receptionist said my results were 'satisfactory' which I though was a bit weird, (normally they just say, 'yep youre fine.') but I'm guessing what she means is my results are a little abnormal but nothing to cause grave concern. She said I should make an appointment with a dr in the next 3 weeks to go through the hormonal results. So I'm guessing I may have a slight hormonal issue, but I know I also have dietary issues as well.
ive mentioned before on here that I grew up in an abusive family, but I wont go into the abuse too much, but I did have issues with food growing up.
Or so my family told everyone.
I'll admit i'm not exactly the best at trying new foods, or being forced to try them, but the thing is, growing up I only ever remember being given one thing, and not offered anything else.
For years and years my family would cook for themselves, but give me lunchables for dinner every day. and chocolate late at night.
So I cannot say it was exactly neglectful or abusive behaviour but I think to a child, not being fed the same is a clear sign of 'you don't belong here' and I wonder if that affected me.
I do get jealous when I see slimmer people at the pool saying they only come once a week and saying theyre going to get take-away after swimming, so I think I do have some biological issues. but what can I do about the mental ones? was it neglectful? TIA
Titanic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure what you're asking. There is no doubt that how we are raised plays a role in how we behave as adults. If there are issues from your past that you want to work through then it's important to find a therapist and get to work on that. It can only help. Therapy is a safe space to talk through your past and explore your complex feelings.

No matter what has happened in your childhood, when you are an adult it is time to learn how to take good care of yourself so that you can provide yourself with the things that you might have lacked growing up. Your parents may not have known how to take proper care of you, and believe me most of us can look back on our childhoods and think "I can't believe my parents did that" in some way. But learning proper self care is the most important thing you can do for yourself.

As far as the test results go, I wouldn't think too much about it. Wait patiently for the results and don't try to guess what is happening before talking to your doctor. Anxiety serves no purpose but to make you sick.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote