Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:31 AM   #121  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 174.2
Down: .2

Have a great day
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #122  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone today

WI went well this am dropped back under 160...again. It just never sticks and you know I get so frustrated over my ouncy bouncy game. So much so I ordered a new bathroom scale from Amazon last night really I did. Will be here Friday. Anyway with that being said I know it is not the number on the scale but how healthy your insides are too.
Since going low carb last October my co-workers are amazed that I have not eaten any bread, pasta, rice, potato (starchy veggies) breaded food. This week I made DH some lasagna and I tasted a small piece of the noodle and ended up spitting it out. To me it tasted aweful and I don't know if it is because it has been so long or I made really bad lasagna

I will check back in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #123  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

got to work this morning and got turned around by the guard at the guard shack...somebody forgot to let us all know to park offsite today! had to go park in the neighborhood in front of a house, and since the shuttle was nowhere to be seen it resulted in unintended exercise! A 10 minute walk half downhill and half uphill...looking at the bright side!

day will look like this so far:

breakfast - leftover pork ribs, hard boiled egg
snack - organic cinnamon applesauce (trader joes)
lunch - salad! romaine lettuce, buffalo flavored canned chicken (costco), half an avocado, Hidden Valley greek yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing
maybe another snack of mixed nuts if hungry after that...
Dinner is TBD - DH is taking about barbecuing some Omaha pork tbones and boneless chops, and maybe some filet mignons. We'll have meat for a few days!

back later!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #124  
Expert YoYo Dieter

S/C/G: 332/319/225

Height: 6'2"

Diana3271

Thank you so much for writing down your meals! I love looking through them for ideas and knowing you can eat good foods while calorie restricting. I am going to try and hang around 1,000 calories for this first month, then bump up to 1500-1700 on day 31 when I start to incorporate moderate exercise. Do you use a tracking app? I downloaded MyFitnessPal and really like it.

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Pure Protein bar + coffee - 200 cal
Lunch: 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, spinach scramble - 163 cal
4pm: broccoli and balsamic - 70
6pm: Progresso soup - 220
8pm: tuna to go cup on toast with mustard and pickles: 170
total: 823

I think I could make it all day without eating, but after 3-4pm it seems I get so hungry... so I'm trying to spread out my dinner to suppress some appetite

and I've always read to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a peasant.. but I've found that when i start the day with a huge breakfast, I cannot stop throughout the day... so i'm taking the old adage of calories in vs calories out... control what i can control

thanks again for all your posts!
McDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #125  

Hi everyone

I hope you are all doing well. It really is amazing how fast the time is going by! I feel so far behind just not posting a bit over a day.

I lost 1.6 so far this month, I did some working out this morning and well , have to get moving again! I did make it to the market the other day as planned and got all of my stuff. I plan to make mini meatloafs tonight with salad. I will catch up more later, just wanted to say congrats to everyone on another new day and for plugging forward!

nancy I made zoodles last week with meat sauce but as far as lasagna goes, we are crazy for the eggplant lasagna! I have not made it in a while but it is sooooooo good! I bake the eggplants with sauce (sliced) for plenty! I like them tender! anyhow, if your interested I can try and post the recipe, I go by eye but will do the best I can! DH likes it better than regular lasagna now and so do I! seriously! lol congrats on being in a new decade girl! woot!

sorry for not doing more personals right now, I have to move before I plant roots and hope to catch up to you all soon! Keep up the great work everyone! Hugs
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #126  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDiet View Post
Diana3271

Thank you so much for writing down your meals! I love looking through them for ideas and knowing you can eat good foods while calorie restricting. I am going to try and hang around 1,000 calories for this first month, then bump up to 1500-1700 on day 31 when I start to incorporate moderate exercise. Do you use a tracking app? I downloaded MyFitnessPal and really like it.

I think I could make it all day without eating, but after 3-4pm it seems I get so hungry... so I'm trying to spread out my dinner to suppress some appetite

and I've always read to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a peasant.. but I've found that when i start the day with a huge breakfast, I cannot stop throughout the day... so i'm taking the old adage of calories in vs calories out... control what i can control

thanks again for all your posts!
Hi McDiet Welcome to the check-in. I don't do any other tracking beside what I do on this forum and another fitness forum. I am not very familiar with everything about Intermittent Fasting. But maybe it will work for you. If you don't want to eat during the day, you can have that time for your fast and then eat in the evening. You can research it and find something that will be perfect for you. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #127  

Hi girls, waving. Oh and here comes my kitty! lol

Mcdiet, welcome!

Just checking in to report all is okay here. What started as a ho hum day was turned around by my starting the Leslie Samsone tape! It all went uphill from there! I did all my workouts and am soooo ready to call it a night now! I hit 10k already, the only thing I have left to do is make dinner which will be easy and a no brainer!

Amazing how much a workout can trigger our days events and one we can relate to or identify with! Again thanks for being here, you all here have helped me tremendously and I hope we keep trucking along....through good times and through hard times too! Keep shining ladies!

I am off to prepare dinner albeit early, I just want to get things rolling so I can sit after! lol The wind is still whipping, let it whip! I am whipping my butt in shape while it whips!!!!! Have a great night and I look forward to posting soon!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #128  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!!! It's a beautiful day outside, I actually have a window open
Currently snacking on some baby Guavas and a cup of coffee. Laundry is in the washer.

Today's workout: MMA Plyo & Core Kinetics -- MY LAST DAY OF CORE DE FORCE!! Finished the 30 day program after this last workout. I only lost like 4 lbs but I can feel how much more fit I am... so it wasn't all for nothing right?????
So since it's my last day, I'm taking off Friday through Sunday sort of as a little break. Might do a turbojam or two with my sister but that's easy stuff for me now!
I am starting Insanity Max 30 on Monday!

Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeo w/ PBfit, a banana and spinach

Snack: Some greek yogurt with peanut butter, a handful of special K cereal, a few almonds, a few walnuts

Lunch: Last night's leftover stir fry!

Snack: Guavas and Coffee

Dinner: Salmon and Zoodles Probably will season with Ginger.

Syckgirlsfv- that salad sounds DELICIOUS. that buffalo chicken - how big is the can that it comes in?

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 03-09-2017 at 04:39 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #129  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Emily it's the big can like the regular Kirkland brand at Costco. There are 6 servings in it, I think, because instead of being chunk it's shredded so more fits! It was so good in the salad

So I didn't have my applesauce...got too busy. DH is getting ready to barbecue and I'm getting ready to leave work and hit the grocery store real fast on my way home. Need more salad! No exercise today since I'm pretty sore from my run/hike on the treadmill last night. Really feel it in my legs. Good stuff!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #130  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
500 jump ropes
Old 03-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

UGlad to help msgooch.

I watched a video once about longevity.
Eating fish twice week.
Walking 15000 steps
getting health benefits from nuts
Getting vitamin D every day
Fasting , protein restriction
Healthy weight
Detoxing liver, gallblader, and colon.

But I've added pre and probiotics, anti oxidants, anti cancer foods, Immune boosters. And lastly over a five years . Synergistic food combinations for better nutritional uptake.

Today my fish dinner is cat fish and redbean salad.
Mercury is an issue with ocean fish so I balance fish dinners with fresh water catfish and skip Jack tuna.

Catfish helps to be sensitive to the full feeling . And so does red beans. Since I practice 4:3 . The day before my last fast I want to feel full all day. But I don't want to over eat to feel that way.
Red beans also is extremely high in anti oxidants. So it's fits nicely on Thursday before my last fast of the week.
I snack on walnuts ,blueberries,cherries,and strawberries on fast days now.
Those are all power house health benefit foods. Plus I drink alot of green tea sweetens with stevia and lemon .
So even though it's a low calorie day. It's still potent with health benefits from what I do eat.
I agree it must taste good enough to look forward to it. However after being on Fasting. For a few weeks. I'd eat tree bark I get so hungry. But I like dried blueberries,cherries, and strawberries plus walnuts Instead.
I get them from trader Joe's. No sulfur or added sugar. Has a bit of sunflower oil on Them. But it's less expensive and doesn't spoil. Walnuts can mold, so I keep them in vacuum pack. In air tight Containers. Away from sunlight.

What I'm getting at is for me personally. I needed to have more than weight loss as the motivation. I need there to be health benefit as well. Honestly if I don't see it that way I cheat too much. So it's my path for now .

OK then I get an invite to go eat at restaurant. This could be difficult with so much temptation. But I started looking at the fish menu. If I toss out the breads. It's usually close to a normal calorie day. Yea for weight loss with friends a social life, And my kitchen don't stink like fish.

Last edited by Pang; 03-09-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #132  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Weekend thank you for the tip on eggplant. I know DH likes it too in the form of lasagna but it is not in season. I actually have a good recipe for one so I think next round (and eggplant willing) that is what I will make.

Today was sooo boring at work. My department has been slow all week and it is making me nuts. I work for a large property management company with over 600 single family homes. I am head of the leasing department and right now our inventory of available homes is low so that means slow times for me and the team.....when I am not busy I am looking for food. Not a good combination.

Anyway I have my fingers crossed about the scale in the am. I did eat more than my normal carbs today but not over my limit...

and a for all of you...you keep me sane
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #133  

Default March 2017

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I decided to go back to swimming almost everyday...and hopefully my knee will get better fast. I swam the past two days. I did not do a lot of laps, but I got in the pool and did something. I think I will do some leg lifts at home, too.

I did some more planting and I checked on an order for seeds. Hopefully, they will come soon. It is supposed to get really cold again. I checked out the flowers...there are some crocuses, reticular iris, forsethia (sp?), daffodils and a few primroses blooming.

I bought some fresh veggies. Tomorrow I need to cut them up to make them more accessible.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning since it's my early day.

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 174.2
No Change

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 03-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pang - could explain your fasting days? I thought that literally meant no food.

Teri000 - I always hear how swimming is a fabulous exercise for the whole body. Especially with a knee injury. I'm dealing with shoulder issues so it's a non starter for me, but I always love how much improvement you get so quickly. Not to mention how good swimmers look!

I went golfing yesterday for the first time this season. Though, I shouldn't be too excited the weather is abruptly changing and it's getting really cold again. I'm ready for spring already!

And yes - this morning I hit a big goal - I have lost 30 lbs!! 30.2 to be exact. Before it was a long slog where I wasn't seeing a lot of difference on me, now I'm at the point where I am changing clothes sizes, I do see how much more energy I have, and as weird as this sounds, now I'm a size 14 I feel like when you look at me I don't feel like the first thing you notice is how big I am. Now I look like most other women. I'm starting to look online at clothes in anticipation of being a size 12. It won't take forever to get there either.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote