Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

I'm struggling on my planned break.
I'm observing 1 week where I don't make any plans and have no restrictions.

I think there is something here .
I mean something relevant to the 75% that see their losses negated as gains.

While doing self help internet research , I came across an article about planned break. The very small study was structured to find out why we stop dieting. And when we restart. They found the opposite result they were trying to prove.
I Don't want to confuse it up so I'll go strait to the positive finding.
Most dieters quit dieting in an unplanned way. Quiting in a planned way for two weeks no more . This extends restriction diets. Simply because the person knows exactly when the will restart.
That's HUGE.
Especially for yo-yo dieters.
The group like me that has demonstrated we can lose mor than 50lbs but we allow it to come back.
I need to lose 100 from the start point, I get to 50lbs lost and about the 1year-2 years I quit in an unplanned way. With no plan to restart.

So I restarted last December.
My plan is to divide the year into four 13 week periods.
The 13th week is a planned break , and the 14 th begins recalibrated.

OK that's all the back story.
I'm on week thirteen right now.
I'm struggling with the thought process of unplanned unrestricted meals.

To me this indicates I need to take a serious look at this trend.

I know what to eat and how to exercise to be in optimal health.
BUT
I fail to get back on the planned meals path once I wonder off if I wonder off unplanned.

So I'll take this non food plan week to look into the self sabotage aspects of maintenance. I know there a thread here , or was for the goal maintenance achievers. But also why we sabotage ourselves sometimes.

I was hoping this week would be like a food vacation, but I'm seeing the sabotage aspects, and I'm not happy.
So I'm off to throw myself into reading more about this piece of the overall puzzle.
And I'll share what I learn to the thread .

Best wishes everyone.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Twi: 140.6
Calories:1300
Exercise: 18 pitiful minutes on the stationary.

Hope everyone had a great Monday.
I've hit my low for the month.
Still 2.6 lbs away from my monthly goal with 5 days left of the month I'm thinking that it may not happen..
I can dream tho!!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #333  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Home Gym Intervals combined workouts w/10's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I stayed up too late last night, and I'm paying for it today. The result is that I didn't eat a proper lunch, and can't decide on a dinner.

B: whole wheat bagel, banana, coffee w/half and half
L: two slices jack cheese, triscuit crackers, low sodium spicy V-8
D: still trying to figure it out

E: Senior Yoga

Pang that is some interesting research. Sometimes I plan a day that I'm going to I eat whatever, but I've never planned a break longer than a day. A planned break is a neat idea.

msgooch I enjoyed reading your post.

Have a great Tuesday everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #335  

Pang How about maybe planning your meals? THat is my savior, anyhow keep at it.

So tired my friends and omg I am so hitting the hay! I was active again today, did my tape and close to 16k steps, I notice I am getting more active. With that being said, I also notice I am going to bed earlier! lol

I am hitting the hay! See youa ll very soon, big hug and wishing you all a great new day tomorrow.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #336  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all!

Weekend
I have not tried the store bought cauliflower rice but have grated my own... not really impressed for me the cauliflower really has a strong flavor. However I am loving my spiralizer! Tonight beef strogonoff with fettuccine sized zooles. Even DH liked the recipe and zoodle. And you should see what it will do to a whole onion or russet potato

Pang, I find that when I have gone off plan because of lack of structure I gained my weight back. With the promise to myself I will 'start' next week that never came. I realize I can not look at this as a diet but as a lifestyle and I think I have found the one that works for me 'now' 6 months to a year from now I will have to readjust maybe as my tastes in foods tend to change. For example I went years without red meat only in the past year have I found I do like it again. I found I despise chicken breasts no matter how I have cooked them but will eat thighs, legs and even wings. Such huge changes in my palette. I could not eat the same foods all the time until the end of my time. I have to explore flavors, textures all the while keeping an eye on the counting that works for me, which happens to be carbs.

Sorry got a bit winded with all this....so just to jump in again. My body is telling me YES you did a great workout this am and you will pay and pay and pay tomorrow OK off for the night
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:24 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

weekendboater wow 16k steps, I have no idea how you do it!!! No wonder you're tired, excellent job!

Pang that's interesting reading. I can't imagine having a week off, because I tend to slip easily and one slip leads to another, it would be very difficult for me to get back to my healthy ways. But then again your diet plan is much, much more structured than mine and while I admire it, I can also imagine needing a break from that. Let us know how it works for you,
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #338  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 178.8
Up: .2

Have a great day
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Pang - on this planned break are you sticking to maintenance calories? I'm trying to get off my cravings for sugar and refined carbs, when I eat them now I tend to get sick to my stomach. I would say there is something in the thought process that might be off. If most diets fail, what is needed is a lifestyle change. If you are truly doing something you could do forever, should you really need a break for a week?

WeekendBoater - I think 15k is my highest for a day. It's a good kind of tired though!

Nancy - I like cauliflower so it's easier for me, but have you tried the cauliflower fried rice?

I lost a pound so I'm 2 lbs away from a mini goal for next Friday. I desperately want out of the 190's! I'm meeting friends at the Kennedy Center who haven't seen me since mid-January when I had lost 15 lbs and I've lost another 20 lbs since then. They are super skinny, but have never once batted an eye at me or made me think they didn't enjoy my company no matter my size.

So, my foot with the glass if fine, but I've now injured my other - probably from walking funny and over exercising this old bod. Its the inside of my foot by the ball of my foot. Maybe my sneakers weren't tied properly, maybe the incline on the treadmill did me in, maybe I need to stretch my calves more. But it does mean I'm not walking today, which is really a bummer - I really need those calories burned through exercise! I often say, my body repels exercise. I really made the effort to slowly increase.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #340  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all!

missed yesterday...nothing new though. Ran the treadmill last night for 23 minutes after I walked the first 2. 25 minutes total plus a 90 second cool down

today's menu:
breakfast - 1/2 plain dunkin donut (I forgot my almond milk for cereal )
snack - deli sliced chicken breast, mini babybel light
lunch - SALAD (romaine, filet mignon, beets, BHF creamy cilantro)
snack - steamed zucchini
dinner - TBD

maybe no exercise as I've been hitting the treadmill for the last few days and lifted weights on Sunday

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-28-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #341  

Hi everyone

I am sleeeeeepy! I was up very early and maybe it's a combo of that and the greyness but I did manage the 20 min. LS segment and walking all around the house so I got my steps and I just want to relax now.

Thank you for the support and encouragement

Diana That's a wonderful way to keep busy, volunteering and helping the church.....constructive yes

magistra Nice going on the yoga! It's a start and I think it's wonderful! Good for you!

nancy Ditto on the cauliflower, lol. Your spiralizer thingy sounds real cool! OMG, guess what? You know how you said I inspired you with the zoodles? Well, you inspired me with the zoodles too! The other day when I made them, I was about to cook them and suddenly I remembered how you said you had stir fry! This time I put the butter flavored pam in the pan and stir fried them! I put a little garlic and pepper. Oh my goodness Nancy, they were delicious, better! DH said better that way too! Thanks girl

msgooch I am glad that that foot is ok. I hope your other foot feels better, if my foot starts pulling in any way I stay off too! Hope your day of rest did it good and you recoup quickly. Totally true how you said a good kind of tired about the steps. Congrats on the loss You are so close to a new decade, wtg.

nichols 18 min. is not pitiful! At least you did something. I did 20 min. tape and I had to force myself to start! hahaha so glad I did, just that little bit made me feel better. As far as goal and the remainder of the lbs. I understand because when I get close it's like I am so driven to want it, make me work harder. What you have accomplished already this month is amazing! I saw your chart the other day, you are doing wonderful

Hello to everyone and all of you and as always, sorry if I missed anyone.

Teri we miss you too! I miss our chats and story telling. It's hard for me to write too when I am not feeling well, you just take care and get better, that is the most important thing. I am glad your doing your swimming, that is so nice! Reading and whatever else pleases you and not too much news lol ditto on the fro me! Speedy recovery girl.

Pang I hope your doing well over there and enjoying your reading. It can be inspirational. Occassionally I watch a weight loss show too, it's inspiring.

Ronja Thanks : ) Really working hard, you know what I did? lol Well the outdoor walking and or the walking tapes help crank up the steps, stuck a lot int he house like this week with bad weather, I walk around the house! lol I wear my sneakers and walk at a good clip around and around and back and forth keeps me moving, it's either keeping my sanity during this trying month or I lost it! I don't count that as walking in my exercise challenge chart, I do it for my steps. Soon I will be able to get out again. I saw your progress and your doing great, congrats

Sychgirl I am planning a day off tomorrow too, as it stands now, to clean and do home projects and or go for a visit, who knows. Did you do 2 and a half hours on the treadmill? then run 23 minutes? Did I see that right? lol smiling.........curious, what keeps you from getting bored and able to stay on it long like that? A few months ago, someone suggested making a dreamboard and putting in front of my treadmill... a goal memo board of sorts. Anyhow girl, wtg on rockin' it!

OMG my menu! lol Last night I had fish, today I had thin n' trim chicken for lunch, grape tomatoes for a snack around 2:30 and leftover fish for dinner tonight. HOpe you all have a great and pleasant night
Old 03-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #342  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

weekend boater LOL no way! it was 23 minutes of straight running but I walked 2 minutes first...plus cool down. More like 27 minutes but then I remembered I walked another 4 waiting for the hubs. I would DIE if I tried to go for 2 1/2 hours! Oh but about zoodles!!! I used to cook them but I discovered that they are the BEST when used raw under spaghetti sauce. I put whatever sauce I'm using (usually marinara with some type of meat added) on top of them and nuke for a minute. They are much heartier that way! I want to do that tonight, actually - I bought frozen Just Sauce from Trader Joes, which is a frozen marinara with ground turkey already added. YUM

I am at lunch and it took me about 5 minutes to DESTROY my salad! I was so hungry I am going to study now, back later!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #343  

sychgirl omg, too funny! I do make the zoodles with meat sauce and marinara! Your the one I got the idea from! delicious indeed! I grate and sauté a couple garlic cloves and some white onion in Pam butter spray and make beef meat sauce and marinara! I just started the marinara, OMG! I have been using hunts no salt added for that for cal and sugar stuff etc. but got the marinara last time, to die for! I used Mezzetta marinara, the napa valley plum sauce one. Oh it's good to know about the Trader Joe's sauce! I like to go there next time we are up by that way, I will definitely keep that in mind and the zoodles, thanks for sharing your tips

Have an awesome night and dinner, yum! lol smiling......I Could live off of that stuff, seriously! Oh, have you ever tried it with chicken? I wonder how ground chicken would be with it, eh, doesn't sound great to me but I should try it sometime...........If I am going to live off of it then I would have to do that! lol
Old 03-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I have to know - what are zoodles?
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #345  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgooch View Post
Okay, I have to know - what are zoodles?
"noodles" made from zucchini. You can also use other veggies, depending on your tastes. You can also buy the veggies already spiralized for you in the produce department.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/grilling/...e-with-zoodles

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-re...packed-entrees

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-re...rnia-girlfredo

http://www.hungry-girl.com/recipe-ma...noodles-recipe

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.