Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Vixsin I was going to comment on the evil connection between lack of sleep and overeating (as someone who managed to gain A LOT of weight while breastfeeding twins...twice), but now I read your other post and awww, so sorry this happened to you! Sending you virtual hugs!! And so good for you to not let it be an excuse for eating off the plan, you-are-AWESOME. I understand the emotional burden this has placed on you. I'm really sensitive to work related criticism, if a client complains, be it rightfully or not, on a translation I have done, it bothers me a lot, I remember the exact wording of their complaint for weeks or months. I always try to figure out what I could have done better but sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Especially if the client admits being under a lot of financial pressure, she's most likely taking it off on you. It's not right, but it just happens. The best you can do at this point is acknowledge it and move on... but I know it hurts!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #92  

I have had a pretty good day I think. I ate on the plan except of an odd M&M's accident I had after lunch. When all the girls were finally asleep, I sat down to drink coffe and there was a pack of M&M's in front of me, so I opened it and ate perhaps 10 of them before I even realized it's sugar, sweet, unhealthy, not in accordance with the food plan I've set up for myself, and that I don't even particularly like M&M's So I got up and put the rest of it away before I could do more damage.

I discovered almond butter. It's just crushed almonds with no sugar added. Today I had slices of green apple topped with almond butter. It was amazingly delicious and very healthy, protein loaded snack. You just need to watch calories in this one. Super healthy but high on energy!

Excercise today: 8k steps.
Food log:
B: banana, glass of milk
S: string cheese
L: Stew and vegetable mix, two squares of chocolate
S: Apple with almond butter
D: Spinach soup

Last edited by Ronja; 01-30-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #93  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
I have had a pretty good day I think. I ate on the plan except of an odd M&M's accident I had after lunch. When all the girls were finally asleep, I sat down to drink coffe and there was a pack of M&M's in front of me, so I opened it and ate perhaps 10 of them before I even realized it's sugar, sweet, unhealthy, not in accordance with the food plan I've set up for myself, and that I don't even particularly like M&M's So I got up and put the rest of it away before I could do more damage.

I discovered almond butter. It's just crushed almonds with no sugar added. Today I had slices of green apple topped with almond butter. It was amazingly delicious and very healthy, protein loaded snack. You just need to watch calories in this one. Super healthy but high on energy!

Excercise today: 8k steps.
Food log:
B: banana, glass of milk
S: string cheese
L: Stew and vegetable mix, two squares of chocolate
S: Apple with almond butter
D: Spinach soup
Thanks Ronja! I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it did. I am trying to move on from it now. I do a good job for my bosses and I can't let this bother me.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #94  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Vixin for you so it off and for moving forward!

*brought to you by the chick who logged on at work and taking a 10 min break from those ...people
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 1/30/17

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Yesterday - WI 199.8, reached Onderland, but only temporarily... Calories 1908, ate lunch at Chili's and had a cheat day. Wonder if I'm sabotaging myself because on the same day I reach Onderland I have a cheat day....hmmm....no exercise, day off for recovery.

Today - calories 1,602; exercise 4.2 miles walking with dogs, burned 420 net calories. WI 201.6, up 1.8 from yesterday. Hope it is temporary from restaurant food.

My walk was wonderful today! Beautiful, sunny weather. I wish it could be like this all of the time. I cancelled my gym membership since I'm walking outside now and have been since October. If I miss it come summer heat, I'll just re-join.

Greetings and support to everyone, including the newbies! Have a great day!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up on the strawberries. They are believed to be the best natural food for angiogenisis. I think I spelled that right. Basically slows blood flow to cancer , basically starving cancer , before it can get worse In the initial stage while our immune system can rid it naturally. I'm a fascinated with the food is medicine angle.

It may seem early to walk to a 24HR gym. But I had slept for 14 hours.
I use sleep as a hunger management tool. I guess one of my bad habits is to eat when I'm bored, but I like long winter naps. Especially if I'm not working out as much as I have scheduled
Making it work.
I slept through my weekly weigh in.
I now weigh 240. Ive lost 2 lbs in 9 days. I was really hoping I did.
Was a hard week . I wasn't hungry when it was time to eat so I slept and was tempted with food my family was cooking when I woke up. I know that's when ferocious binge habits occurs. So I chewed on a single carrot (WITH SKIN ON). I had a headache I think from not getting enough to drink. I choose green tea with lemon and stevia. Then I ate 400 calories of oatmeal with pumpkin. I got past it without binging .

I hope to get a tablet . Then I can organize my info again. And be better at staying on relevant topics. It's that or getting one of those elliptical steppers. Tax check is huge this year.

P.S. I do still have a sweet tooth. I still fail the sugar allergy test.
So I keep 5 pieces of dark chocolate morsels in my prepacked 300 cal snack bag. I keep many of the antioxidants foods in them. 5 peices kills my craving for sweets. If it were 4 then 4 , but if it were 7 it would be 7. Dark chocolate is healthy. I get mine at the health food store. DRUM ROLL......................................
Dark chocolate morsels sweetened with stevia exists at most health food stores. !!!! finally low cal naturally sweetened dark. i eat walnuts and dark chocolate and dried cherries on my feed day break at work. and a bottled water. thats like adding 10,000 extra steps equivance to my health on a daily basis.
idea just popped in my head. maybe i could eat the snack with strawberries instead of cherries. -

Last edited by Pang; 01-31-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #97  

hi and hugs to you all, I was gone all day and quite busy! Ty for the well wishes regarding mom, the appt. went very well today. I am driving back over tomorrow for something else so will focus to get some sleep~ I went to bed early last night but for some crazy reason was awake a lot.

I have been doing good on plan and have so much to tell you! Again, I hope to catch up soon!

Vixsen I don't see you as patronizing one bit! Please forget that! Your client was probably upset about the bills. Bravooooo for resisting the temptations despite the stress! I agree that a good nights sleep sure makes a difference, not to mention all the other things you said. I hope you get a good nights rest tonight! Bundle up with a blankie and take care of YOU! Feel better tomorrow and indeed it is a new day! You will see that tomorrow you feel better! You are doing great , don't let anyone rock your boat right now! Sleep well, rest, and tomorrow we start again! : )

Wish I had more time for personals but have to log, Have much to catch up on. Keep up the great work everyone........2 more days to go to the month! No fresh haddock at the store, not even rotisserie chicken so it looks like it's grilled chicken breast for me again tonight (which is fine). I picked up a rib eye for DH. I soooooooo admire you all for these fitbit steps, my goodness! I am exhausted! lol I actually went to the grocery store twice! Once over by my folks to help them and by here but hey, it certainly is good exercise! Talk soon!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 191.0/182.4/145

Hello Everyone, not quite sure where to begin. I have been a yoyo dieter since childhood, now 48 and have recently topped the scale at my heaviest ever, 191lbs and I am SCARED to death! I know to some this may seem like nothing, but to me it's devastating. In 2007 I reached 181lbs, and in 6 months was down to 140 and was able to maintain for many years give or take 5-10lbs on the plan/forum I belonged to. Unfortunately the Forum was shut down and I lost my support group, and after struggling on my own since then, have gradually made my way here.
I have searched many forums and different plans and have not found the right fit. I have been reading through the posts here and would like to follow along if that is ok. I see much dedication, accountability, knowledge and compassion here.

I have had many "day 1's" over the past year only to fall off the wagon, gaining more each fall. I battle my pain(chronic back injury), sleep(insomnia) and emotional(family) monsters each day, some days I win some days I lose. I used to be able to fight them and need to find that inner strength again.

I realize I need to be held accountable, I need a place to come each day where I will be expected to stay on plan but not raked over the coals nor coddled when I fall. I am a true believer that there are reasons and excuses for failure. I have been using one big excuse after another for months now and it's time to stop!

I realize I can't fight this battle alone so I hope those of you here will help me get back to positive thinking and enter a healthy lifestyle again....
Heidilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #99  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Heidi!!

We are good group and you will find nothing but support here!

Welcome aboard!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

OK
Bought some kitchen tools.
My wife convinced me to stop buying auto tools if I no longer have a car to work on. Makes sense. I still budget $20 for tools so I've started buying kitchen tools.

I got a air fryer. I went to library and thumbed through air recipes.
Thought I made a mistake in buying it cause it's mostly geared to breaded foods.

I'm planning to eat fish tomorrow, tuna is getting , well tuna.
So I plan to eat catfish , carrots, spinach salad , and onions. I can put the fryer outside on the porch when cooking fish or onions.
Want to experiment, with sweet potato skins, and blooming onion. Only to use the health hummus as the dip.
Also bought two $6 6' ceramic knives. Was reading about micro metals from canned foods and old cutlery. For $12 It's cheap enough to just get it and forget it.

I have thrown out all plastics in the kitchen.
Now it's almost all Pyrex and ceramics.
And $1 store beer mugs. I can fit my hands in the beer mugs to wash and scrub them. Spent my months budget. But I'm pleased.

Last edited by Pang; 01-30-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Heidilove HI and welcome to the check-in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I wasn't so successful with my eating today. I felt incredibly stressed waiting for the delivery guys (washer/dryer), then even more stressed while they were doing the installation. I did my eating after they left. I really dislike home projects. After dinner tonight, I had to go to the store. My mind wandered into bad territory. But I was able to avoid that. I will post my foods and be accountable.

Total Approx 2245 Calories + approx 755 more than I normally eat

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (1140 Calories)
I was trying to go the protein route, hoping to calm my feelings.
2 Organic Valley Natural Balance chocolate shakes 380
Organic Valley vanilla fuel shake 260 calories
6 pieces thin sliced Dave's Killer Bread toasted with very thin layer of jam 500 caloires

Dinner (700 Calories)

salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

TF Fire 55
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #103  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Wow so much happens here during the day!

Doing good today and still op but bummed about the no loss for a total of 11 day...had to go back and count. Same pound just moving it around

I wonder if the combination of having a protein bar and protein shake in one days messes with me??? That really is my only difference in meals

I am going to aim for personals later this week...We are such a busy bunch Now if some of that busy energy could come my way and land on me in the form of exercise well then I would buy it
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:08 AM   #104  

hi all
Teri 000 great that you are having less cravings. That must be a huge relief

Vixsin sorry about the upstairs neighbor. AND that client who said those things about you. I too would have cried. I am so sorry you had to deal with that. What a terrible thing to say. People say I have a pretty acurate barometer for what people are like. I do not feel that you are those things he described. Congrats on not letting it cause you to go off plan

Nancy, I think plateau can easily happen at 3.5 months. But it also is possible that there is another reason. Hormonal? a bit of inflamation? I remember hearing many years ago that if a person gets to a plateau, eat a meal of read meat with no carbs. It will fire up the furnace. And the plateau will be history. I do not eat red meat. So I cannot do that. But I think it used to work pretty well. I just read what you wrote about the protein bar and shake. Are you watching your carbs? Higher carbs can mess with weight loss with many people, myself included. Perhaps you can try a few days with very low carbs??

Nicholsfamily really glad you are starting to feel your slim self again. WTG !!

MonteCristo you really are rocking that exercise/workout. Great that you did not gain even though you are more calories etc.

Ronja Almond butter is healthy and tastes really good. Yes, in moderation i think it is very good for health. Congrats on not eating more than 10 M&Ms. I think it takes strength to stop and put the package away

Zoniegirl Sorry you are having a tough time after reaching onderland. Sounds like you reached a big goal. And then perhaps relaxed a bit. I have done that over and again. Do you think that small monthly goals might help to get back on plan? IDK, but I thought I would mention it anyway

Pang thanks for the good info on strawberries

Weekend Boater so glad the appointments for your parents went well. I hope you can get some good sleep tonight.

HeidiLove Welcome. I too an a yoyo dieter. The good thing about this community is that if someone begins to go up, they can get support to get back on plan. Its hard. And I DO understand the fear of having gained. I have expereinced it countless times

Diana congrats on the washer and dryer. I totally understand eating to try to calm feelings after the delivery people left. Good job on not giving in to urges at the grocery store though. Ahhh i know all too well those grocery store conversations with myself. also, I know you will be back on track. You are so good with it all.

Tomorrow I have a dreaded dental appointment. high anxiety about it. It is for a cleaning. But the dentist is going to begin to assess my teeth for repair. these 65 year old teeth have seen better days. I did not have monyy to get the work done that I need. But my SIL is gifting me the dental work. I might be able to eat salad again after all the repair work is done. Unfortunately, the endodontist did not know if I needed just a crown on one tooth or also a root canal. She said to have the crown done. And if that did not take care of it all, then do the root canal (through the crown). hummm. Also I am not sure the other tooth can be saved. I think the abscess has gotten the better of it. any prayers you have for saving that tooth would be so appreciated.

Today I was fine with calories. around 1100. Weight down 1 lb after 7 of the last 10 days eating poorly. i didn't have Turmeric today. So I did not have to add that 1T of oil. I still have to do the trampoline. Been procrastinating.

I hope everyone has a great tuesday <3
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:57 AM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidilove View Post
Hello Everyone, not quite sure where to begin. I have been a yoyo dieter since childhood, now 48 and have recently topped the scale at my heaviest ever, 191lbs and I am SCARED to death! I know to some this may seem like nothing, but to me it's devastating. In 2007 I reached 181lbs, and in 6 months was down to 140 and was able to maintain for many years give or take 5-10lbs on the plan/forum I belonged to. Unfortunately the Forum was shut down and I lost my support group, and after struggling on my own since then, have gradually made my way here.
I have searched many forums and different plans and have not found the right fit. I have been reading through the posts here and would like to follow along if that is ok. I see much dedication, accountability, knowledge and compassion here.

I have had many "day 1's" over the past year only to fall off the wagon, gaining more each fall. I battle my pain(chronic back injury), sleep(insomnia) and emotional(family) monsters each day, some days I win some days I lose. I used to be able to fight them and need to find that inner strength again.

I realize I need to be held accountable, I need a place to come each day where I will be expected to stay on plan but not raked over the coals nor coddled when I fall. I am a true believer that there are reasons and excuses for failure. I have been using one big excuse after another for months now and it's time to stop!

I realize I can't fight this battle alone so I hope those of you here will help me get back to positive thinking and enter a healthy lifestyle again....
Hello and welcome Heidilove!
I think you have just found THE place you needed. We all support each other here and help each other stay accountable. Just hop in every time you need to, I personally log regularly to stay accountable and read about other people's progress. I know that as long as I stay around, I do well with my weight loss journey. Once I lose focus, I stop coming here and start gaining. As simple as that. But not simple at all. It's not easy to keep going, but we can do it together!