Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/221/160

2/19

Breakfast - 2 Apple and Cinnamon Rice Cake w/ 2 TBS. Almond butter - 28 carbs

Snack - Almost 1/2 a Grande iced coffee w/ SF vanilla and extra cream - 2

Lunch - None, I was too busy! - 0

Dinner - Roast w/ potatoes, carrots and mushrooms + a roll and a small side salad - 40

Snack - 1/2 C. Arctic Zero Brownie Blast ice cream - 11

Carbohydrates - 81
Vitamins/Thyroid Medicine - Yes!
Water intake (in oz.) - 100 oz.
Exercise - Rest Day!
Popsicle stick workout #19 // 20 Under the fences, 20 front kicks, 20 walking lunges - COMPLETED!

I spent the day with my sister! She and her boyfriend moved into a new apartment and we spent the better part of the day unpacking. We also made a big batch of healthy granola that I', going to try and replicate (only, by using sugar free maple syrup instead of raw honey). Next grocery list!
spnfullasgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #77  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos + a grande iced coffee w/ SF vanilla and extra cream - 19 carbs

Lunch - Roasted red pepper hummus with pretzel chips - 24

Dinner - Thai Chili Chicken Skewers w/ Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice - 12

Snack - 1/2 C. Brownie Blast Ice Cream - 11

Carbohydrates - 66
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and a 30 min. Leslie Sansone workout from her Daily Walk app
Popsicle stick workout #20 // 1 min. Fast feet,20 back kicks, 1 min. fast feet - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #78  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos w/ Turkey breakfast sausage, onion, pepper, diced tomato w/ green chiles, eggs and a very small sprinkle of cheese - 14 carbs

Snack - A small, green apple - 0

Lunch - Roasted red pepper hummus with pretzel chips - 24

Dinner - Jamaican jerk chicken w/ cauliflower rice and black beans - 15

Dinner - 1/2 C. Brownie Blast ice cream - 11

Carbohydrates - 64
Exercise - 60 min. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone
Popsicle stick workout #21 // 20 Sit ups, 20 alternating lunges, 20 supermans - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #79  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos w/ Turkey breakfast sausage, onion, pepper, diced tomsto w/ green chiles, eggs and a very small sprinkle of cheese - 14 carbs

Snack - A small, green apple - 0

Lunch - A PB&J on multi-grain bread - 25

Dinner - Copycat Chik Fil a chicken strips w/ Cauliflower poppers, pickles and sugar-free ketchup - 20

Snack - Half an iced coffee - 2

Carbohydrates - 61
Water intake (in oz.) - 115 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and a 30 min. Leslie Sansone workout from her Daily Walk app
Popsicle stick workout #22 // 20 Windmill toe touches, 20 side lunges, 20 squat jumps - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #80  

Breakfast - 2 Healthy breakfast taquitos - 14 carbs

Snack - The other half of my iced coffee - 3

Lunch - A PB&J on multi-grain bread - 25

Snack - Chocolate Rice Cake - 12

Dinner - Sheet pan parmesan garlic lemon chicken w/ roasted broccoli - 14

Carbohydrates - 68
Exercise - 60 min. Cardio w/ Leslie Sansone
Popsicle stick workout #23 // 20 Stepper knee-highs, 20 calf lifts, 20 side leg lifts - COMPLETED!
Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #81  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos + a grande iced coffee w/ SF vanilla and extra cream - 19 carbs

Lunch - A PB & J on multi-grain bread - 25

Dinner - A cheeseburger on multi-grain bread w/ olive oil mayo, green leaf lettuce and tomato, a smoked sausage link and homemade wedge fries w/ sugar free ketchup - 30

Snack - A grande iced coffee w/ sugar free vanilla and extra cream - 5

Carbohydrates - 79
Popsicle stick workout #24 // 1 min. Squat cross-punch, 20 bob-and-weaves, 1 min. squat cross-punch - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-28-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #82  

I've had SUCH a busy week. GAHHH!!!!!!!!!! Okay, better now.
As you've probably noticed, I've missed several normal week-to-week posts that I do regularly, but I'm going to spend the upcoming days making up for it!

Last weekend I spent a lot of time helping my sister unpack in her new apartment, I worked all week, my cat was neutered yesterday and so I'm having to keep a close eye on the little guy, have been working on early Spring cleaning and of course, getting ready for my next weigh-in!!!! I can't believe it's almost here. I'm nervous, but I'm super excited to see the outcome of all the hard work I've put in these last 4 weeks.

Coming up:

Weekly round-up #7
Weekly round-up #8
Top 5 Pinterest Pins of the week
Grocery day break-down

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-25-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #83  

Breakfast - 2 Healthy breakfast taquitos + my usual iced coffee - 19 carbs

Lunch - Hummus w/ pretzel chips - 24

Dinner - Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers (made w/ oat flour) and cheesy mashed potatoes (I know, bad bad ) - 30

Snack - Popcorn (and a movie w/ the hubby!)- 10

Carbohydrates - 83
Popsicle stick workout #25 // TMI, I know! But a new position w/ Hubby tonight - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #84  

Lunch - A leftover cheeseburger on Nature's Own sugar-free bread w/ fresh green leaf lettuce and tomato - 20

The taste of the bread seems just okay.. almost a little weird if I think on it too much, and there's not a whole lot to be excited over other than the fact that is IS sugar-free and low in carbs at 9 grams per slice. It's pretty high in protein too. -- I prefer the Sara Lee's 45 calorie Delight bread because of the high fiber count, it tastes awesome on its own and it has pretty much most if not all the above mentioned.

Dinner - A burrito w/ 7-layer Dip - Not quite sure, ready to work these extra calories off tomorrow!

Carbohydrates - 39 (+ whatever the burrito contained)
Exercise - Rest Day!
Popsicle stick workout #26 // Go crazy and dance to one of your favorite songs! - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #85  

.:. Weekly Round-up .:.
Week Seven!

A little late, I know! I'm sorry! - Also, I'll be working on week 8 and posting it today. Enjoy!

1.) Sabra's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Snack Packs w/ Pretzel Chips - These are the epitome of yummy! I bought a full-size tub of the Roasted Red Pepper when I made gyros (recipe for gyros in post #56) and it was so delicious I had to pile several of these little babies in my shopping cart for snacks... They actually ended up becoming lunches because they're super filling and perfect before a workout! I've only seen the classic hummus and the roasted red pepper, but hopefully there's others available soon to try. When that happens, you'll most likely see me going on about it here!

2.) Fifty Shades Darker - Okay, I understand this movie comes with some very controversial baggage, so if you're not interested please feel free to movie onto #3. I don't want to offend anyone!

I've read and loved all of the books in this trilogy, and the first movie in all of its naughty, cheesy goodness (okay, let's face it, the whole shabang is cheesy and way over the top) did not disappoint. My hubby and I went to see it last year for Valentine's and made plans to see it again this year... belatedly, but that's okay!
I love the chemistry Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson have together.. How does his wife allow him to take part in this role, I'll never know!
Anywho, I had a great time with my husband seeing this flick, and if you're into it I highly suggest seeing it with your SO or with some girlfriends. I plan to be in the theater for the third installment next V-Day for sure!

3.) Arctic Zero's Brownie Blast - If you're in a bind and need a chocolatey fix to get yourself through the rest of the day, THIS is what you need. It totally puts the Banana Pudding flavor to shame! It's dark chocolate ice cream w/ chunks of brownie and chocolate chips throughout. My favorite flavor (of Banana Pudding, Cookie Dough Chip) thus far!

4.) Sports bras (in general!) - Okay, if you're a little on the top-heavy side like me then you know exactly why I'm showing this special piece of apparel love, lol. When I was helping my sister unpack, I caught her trying to throw out a perfectly fine (practically brand new) sports bra that was too small for her and I told her I'd take it. I'm SO glad that I did because it fit perfectly and has made the ladies very happy during the jogging portions of my HIIT days and more strenuous cardio sessions that require lots of movement and bouncing. It's just a plain, black Danskin sports bra, but it's oh so precious to me right now and I love it!

5.) My favorite Starbucks concoction: The notorious Grande iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream - This one may come with a few disapproving looks, as it does consist of extra half and half. But this is my treat over the weekends that I allow myself to indulge in, and it's absolutely delicious! I wish I could stand almond milk in my coffee, or go without having extra cream in my coffee, but I'm just not one of those people that can tolerate the intense bitter flavor of coffee. I definitely wouldn't have one of these every single day of the week, but if you're doing low carb, or not watching your calories very closely - This needs to be tried!

Old 02-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #86  

.:. Weekly Round-up .:.
Week Eight!

1.) Jennie-O Lean Turkey Sausage - I used the honeysuckle turkey breakfast sausage in my egg mcmuffins, but I kept finding bits of bone which is totally horrifying to me. So when I came across this product I had to try it. It's leaner, it tastes SO much better, it's boneless (seriously.. so gross), and it's half as much in cost as the honeysuckle turkey. I will forever make this my go-to when it comes to breakfasty yumness!

2.) Fooducate App - Okay, I just found this yesterday and had to include it in today's round-up. My favorite feature to this app is the barcode scan. I spent at least an hour in my kitchen scanning different items, talking to myself saying things like "WHAT?!" "Ohhh mannn..." "SERIOUSLY though?!" ..Pretty sure my husband thought I was insane. -- Here, I'll explain - They allow you to scan the barcodes of any (well, okay most!) food item that you've purchased and then give you an overall rating and reviews from other people who have tried that specific product. For the rating, they will tell you exactly why they've given that score and whether or not you should be weary of a few things (controversial sweeteners, preservatives, etc.). There's also a health tracker that will sync all of your information from your iPhone health app, nutritional trivia and an interactive community. Check it out, it's very addictive!

3.) Mama Lupe's Low Carb Tortillas - This is actually one of my favorite grocery items that I like to keep on hand (especially lately!). They're only 7 carbs per tortilla, packed full of fiber (4 grams), great source of protein (5 grams), zero trans, zero cholesterol and zero saturated fat. They're perfect for taquitos, soft tacos, and I've even taken a pizza cutter to them to make my own low carb chips. -- SO good to make nachos out of!!

4.) Marcy Home Gym - This big guy is long overdue for some major appreciation, as it's something that plays a pretty sizeable part in my HIIT/Weight training days. I originally bought this gym at Academy several years ago, and it's held up incredibly strong since. I love the durability and appreciate how many (and there's been a lot!) workouts it has helped me through. It was extremely affordable also, I want to say we spent $280.00 on it all together, and for a complete home gym that's pretty insane!

5.) Organic Coconut Oil - This is one of the best products to use for just about anything in life. Hands/feet a little rough? Put some coconut oil on them! Your doggy's nose or puppy pads chapped from the cold/heat? Coconut oil will help! Want to replace butter in a recipe? Yep, coconut. ..Sugar scrubs, mug cakes, healing powers, you name it. It's pretty much magic in a container. Put coconut oil in the Pinterest search engine and open up a whole new world for yourself!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #87  

Grocery Day Breakdown!

Also belatedly posted, this is this last Friday's (the 24th) grocery plan:

Breakfast --

More Skinny Breakfast Taquitos!

These are really delicious, and easy to pop in the oven and heat up while I'm getting in my morning workout. Or grabbing on-the-go or to get in quickly while I'm trying to get in laundry early (so tedious! Gotta get that stuff done before I talk myself out of it!). It takes me a little while to make a full week's batch, as I allow myself 2 per serving. And even longer now that my husband has discovered that he really likes them too!
Not much of a difference in what I put in these this week other than a can of no salt added diced tomatoes with green chiles. I say there's little difference but the chiles give a really nice kick.

Snacks --

Sabra's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pretzel chips (yes, again! They're very addictive!)
I still have a few leftover apples and chocolate rice cakes as well. I'm so ready for new snacks, but I should be ready to include new finds in the mix next Friday so stay tuned.

Lunch --

PB&J on Multi-grain Bread
* Sara Lee Delightful Healthy Multi-Grain Bread
* Peanut Butter
* Polaner's Sugar-free Concord Grape Jam w/ added Fiber

Dinner --

Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken Skewers w/ Side salads

I was actually able to find sugar-free apricot preserves by Smucker's for under $3.00. I've tried their sugar-free blueberry and blackberry preserves in the past, all of which were really great, so I'm pretty excited to try this this week!

Also, I'm going to replace the honey with sugar-free maple syrup. I found a lower carb count syrup by Maple Grove Farms, only 6 carbs per 1/4 cup!

Cheeseburgers, Homemade wedge fries and Smoked sausage links

Low in carbs, sans the potatoes, but the fat content is pretty sky high. One of my favorite things in food-life is anything BBQ or anything thrown on a grill. This was my planned cheat meal, and it was every bit worth it! -- I think the main thing is to make sure my cheat meals are on a Friday, because I know I can get in a strong workout that next morning to work off any extra calories. -- Hey, I was kinda good, I used multi-grain bread instead of the white flour burger buns. That has to count for something! ...Right?

Crock Pot Sesame Chicken w/ Chicken Fried (Cauliflower) Rice

Again, honey switched out for my sugar-free maple syrup (seriously, I've done this many times in both cooking and baking and there's virtually no difference).

Heinz has a reduced sugar ketchup that I really like and have on hand to use in this recipe.

I'll be using a reduced sodium soy sauce, and lastly... I thought cornstarch was so much higher in carbs than it is! This recipe calls for 2 tsp. And 2 tsp. of cornstarch = 4 carbs! Pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Taquitos w/ Spanish rice

I kind of created this taquito recipe on my own. All you need is chicken breast cooked thoroughly and shredded. You stew the chicken in a bit of the seasoned, leftover stock, a cup and a half of your favorite salsa, 4 oz. of low fat (I use fat free) cream cheese and Monterey jack or even Pepperjack would work with this. Super simple, super yum.

Chipotle Honey Chicken Crispers w/ Cheddar-smashed Cauliflower

I was naughty and chose cheesy smashed potatoes over cauliflower, but I was SO proud of myself that I felt I deserved a little reward for taking this incredibly unhealthy recipe and doing a complete 180 and making it very healthy. Here's what I did:

First off, I portion-controlled myself right from the get-go and only allowed myself to make 5 of my own strips. I used the required amount of flour in oat flour (and didn't even need half of it!). I used light olive oil for a shallow fry. I used sugar-free syrup instead of the honey. Reduced sugar ketchup. And skim milk!

This sauce:

Is devastatingly delicious.
Will delight you.
Will kind of burn your face off (but in a good way), depending on how spicy you make it.
Will clear your sinuses.
Is completely worthy of making a larger batch and dipping pretty much anything in the world in and making it better. And will make you a better person for doing so.

Brats w/ Peppers and Onions

Pretty easy peasy! we love beer brats and haven'thad them in a while. I'll be sure to do something fun with cauliflower to pair alongside!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #88  

** Props to Pinterest **
Last Week's Top 5 Pins

DIY Spa Day - I've become a huge advocate for taking care of yourself both pfysically and mentally. It makes you feel good about yourself, it keeps more more relaxed and c'mon a spa day for yourself isn't going to hurt anyone. It's just fun! And easy... you're in the comfort of your own home, using products that YOU choose and that YOU like. They suggest different products on this website, but I say do what ya wanna do!

Homemade Vicks Shower Disks - Every Fall/Winter I say to myself, "Okay Britt, this is the year you're going to make these babies!" And I never do. I just got over a cold a few weeks ago and I would have given my right arm for a couple of these. My absolute favorite thing to do to relieve sinus pressure is take a hot shower, so this just screams great idea to me. They'd also make an excellent get-well gift to someone!

DIY Flavored Extracts - I thought this was too cool! Pure extracts can get a little on the pricey side, but with these all you need is the item of extract you need (mint leaves, vanilla beans, orange peel, etc.) and Vodka! Oh, and some cute little jars. They take several weeks to complete each extract, but this little project sounds worth it.

DIY Crate Bookshelf - I LOVE DIY projects, especially larger ones like these. I say large, but a lot of the tools and supplies required your SO or hubby most likely have on hand already. And the crates I've seen many times at craft stores like JoAnn's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I'm thinking of building this when Spring hits (so that I have time to buy the crates over several trips to the craft store -- Coupons below, by the way!). I'll make sure to post about progress and the finished product after it's complete!

Michael's
JoAnn's
Hobby Lobby

Spiced Winter Coffee - We only have a few more weeks of Winter left, so I figured, how fitting to put up a Wintery-themed pin? This coffee looks outstandingly delicious and just screams Winter to me. -- Now, looking at the ingredients, you're probably saying... "Uhm, Brittainy, this is NOT healthy at all..." I know! So this is what we're gonna do...

* Use low-fat Reddi-Whip.
* Powdered erythritol, or powdered sweetener of choice.

There's no way around the Kahlua, believe me, I've looked. But with there being 6 servings to this recipe and about 45 carbs in a half cup. That makes each serving of Kahlua consist of about 7.5 carbs. Not bad!

* Granulated erythritol (or granulated sweetener of choice) + molasses to make brown sugar. You can find equivalents easily on Pinterest, I promise!
* And the sweetened cocoa is easy peasy. Sweetener + Unsweetened cocoa.

BOOM! Drop the mic. We're done here.

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-26-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #89  

Breakfast - 2 Breakfast taquitos - 14 carbs

Snack - Chocolate Lava Oat flour mug cake - 22

Lunch - Half a PB&J on multi-grain bread - 15

Dinner - Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken skewers, a side salad w/ fresh green leaf lettuce, cilantro, cucumber, tomato, avocado, a bit of shredded cheddar, light dressing and a few croutons - 10

These skewers were outstanding!!!

Dessert - A skinny Root beer float w/ diet root beer and low carb vanilla ice cream - 10

Carbohydrates - 71 Carbs
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and 30 mins. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone
Popsicle stick workout #27 // 1 min. Squat-and-hold, 20 toe touches, 1 min. jog in place - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-27-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #90  

Breakfast - 2 Healthy breakfast taquitos - 14 carbs

Snack - Hummus w/ pretzel chips - 24

Lunch - Half a PB&J on multi-grain bread - 15

Snack - A small, green apple- 0

Dinner - 2 Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken taquitos w/ Cauliflower spanish "rice" - 20

Carbohydrates - 73
Water intake (in oz.) - 120 oz. (so far)
Popsicle stick workout #28 (and last!) // 20 Hammer curls, 20 arms circles, 20 push ups - COMPLETED!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-28-2017 at 08:23 PM.