Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Thank you all for your warm words! It feels good to be among friends and able to share the journey towards slimmer, healthies and fitter myself.

Today food log:

B: two bananas, plain yoghurt, black tea
L: soup, roasted chicken, stuffing (way too much stuffing)
S: grapefruit
D: baked vegetable, tourkey meat, dried plums

Treat: two pieces of high quality dark chocolate.

Overall a considerable improvements compared to last couple of weeks, especially on the sugar front. I just need to drink more.

Plan for January: Drink my tea without honey or sugar entire month, see if I like it.

Excercise: 6k steps.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #17  

Waving hello to all. I wanted to check in before hitting the couch in a bit.

Zonie I so hear you on ''I need to really watch my diet now. It is not just a vanity consideration, it is a health necessity." I don't know about the med or much about the blood sugar levels but I know that many people have reversed pre diabetes. I didn't get tested but was fearful of that too and follow a low sugar plan. At least you did some of it! I have a long way to go too! I tried the elliptical in the basement to see how my knee felt with it, I was tired before I even hit 2 minutes! lol DH made some joke and we started cracking up. What a nice gift that your sister gave you!

Ronja Nice going on the exercise today too! I hope you all have a great night ladies.

I am tired now but I am happy that I did what I had to do! I put top priority on having my meals planned and having the ingredients so I went to the grocery store and got the stuff. It was nice and quiet, walked around another store a bit as I had some returns.

So tonight for me ladies, the menu is roast chicken and broccoli. The next 2 nights will consist of extra lean beef night and brunch night.

I will write more tomorrow on the other plans, tonight I want to rest and get to bed early.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kimboslice I hope you were able to make it to the gym.

Teri Good job getting on the bike.

Weekend Boater Great job with the meal planning.

Zoniegirl
Sometimes you have to e-a-s-e into the workouts. They can be quite tough. Have I showed you any of the workouts with Jessica Smith? Here's her free stuff:
These are knee and back friendly: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gz-mm2l3td1ubl
Walking workouts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-0S6oTqx5j0aGK
All workouts by category: http://jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/

Ronja Good job on your day and your steps.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1290 Calories +

Breakfast (260 Calories + coffee)
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (580 calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories
sliced apple 80 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (450 calories)
fajita omelette made with 2 eggs, fajita seasoned chicken breast, onions, peppers, mushrooms, American cheese, and salsa 400 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Your Best Body - workout 1 w/cardio rests w/10's
Old 01-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

The day started off well.. thank God.

Breakfast - 2 softboiled eggs, an orange, a pear, 2 600ml bottles of water

lunch - will be 1 can pink salmon, crackers, water

dinner - not sure as yet... probably sardines and veggies

no exercise today
Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #21  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening and welcome to the new year, new you!

First let me say again I can not thank you all enough for the support you have shown me this past week regarding my mother and her illness. She is still in the hospital but in very good spirits. If all goes well she will get to try and go to her home in the next day or so. But she is a realist too and knows she most likely will not be able to stay and have to transition to a 24 hour care facility (this could be permanent) One day at a time.

Next just for fun....I have managed to stay op except for that wee bit of whisky I had last night to celebrate and the wee bit I plan on tonight. This may be another week where I have to write another apology letter to myself but this time I will suck it up and do it without whining.

I could not do a WI this am, we actually took an overnight jaunt and drove 150 miles south of our home just to get away for a night.

Tomorrow will be the day of reckoning. If there is a gain I am ok with it. New Year right????

As things settle down again for me the personals will be back. But I have to say your posts all look spectacular

Waving to those that are new cant wait to get to know you better
Old 01-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 152/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello-Happy 2017!

I'm a newbie here. I've had success in the past with Weight Watchers but trying to go it alone this time with some on-line support. I'm looking forward to learning some new tips from others here. My CW is 152 looking to get down to 140. My biggest downfall is sweets and snacking after work.

Last edited by TerrieD; 01-02-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting my reboot and meeting with a coach on Tuesday. I used IP back 2011 and quickly reached my goals. After 5 years and a baby, I'm back to get my healthy mind set reinforced and some weight off :-) Here's to a new year of wonderful goals being attained!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:29 AM   #24  

Hi all
Happy New year.

Diana As always, thank you for starting the new page. The new year. Several days ago you wrote about not keeping up as well as you would like. Please try to not worry about that. You do great. And even if you posted less, you still would be doing great. Re: today's weight, what goes up WILL come down. I hope you enjoyed the vacation. You earned it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Yes! But let's maintain for the rest of our lives! I don't want to have to go through all of that all over again.
Yes, this is my greatest motivator and fear. Although I did gain in 2016.

Ronja great to meet you. Great that you want to increase the amount of loss in the coming year.

GetinFit The holidays sure can taste good. And then there can be the fear or whatever after the food is eaten. You will get back op and lose again

Weekend Boater. Great motivational and wise words. Sounds like you are doing great with the food planning. I always have cooked veggies on hand. So I can just put everything together quickly.

Plenio Thank you for the good wish for everyone. <3

Kimboslice good to meet you. Were you able to make it to the Gym on Sunday?

Zoniegirl, I wish you the very best with the diet to stabalize blood sugar. Some people find that if they eat the right foods, exercise and get their weight regulated, they no longer need medication. Regardless, I know you have quite an incentive to eat properly

Chuoku Good to meet you. Sunday's food sounds great !

Nancy I am sorry this is a time of big change for your mom. I do hope she likes the 24 hour care facility she goes to next. I am thinking of you. Sending prayers for her. The whiskey sounds great. I would like a nice drink right about now. I am not really a drinker. But I would love a nice Irish coffee. Glad you took a little trip for a day. I know you have been under so much stress.

TerrieD good to meet you. I understand those craving for sweets. Its a tough one. But you have come to the right place for support. And for group power. You can do this !!

Jewels congrats on the baby. Even though he or she may be 5 years old now. Those pot baby lbs can sure hang on for a while. Great to meet you. Glad you are back.

hi to everyone I missed. If I named you then I would miss some names. So a general shout out <3

Sunday was not a great day for me. I ate a fairly large roll with butter and roasted garlic. Then there was the blue cheese. And a bit of chocolate. Those all were in addition to my regular food. So I guess I will have to be back op on Monday. All in all I have not been too bad during the holidays. Sunday's weight showed a 1 lb gain. BUT earlier in 2016 I did gain about 5 lbs. I have to decide between losing the wright, or accepting a new maintenance weight and buying all new pants. 5 extra lbs turns skinny jeans into something that is quite unsightly, to say the least. Plus I do not have the strength to zip and button them I am feeling motivated to maintain. I will not let things get out of hand. But am not sure I can get on board to lose. Maintaining may be all I can handle right now.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Last edited by flower123; 01-02-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:19 AM   #25  

Smile Happy New Year (again)!

Hi! I like Januarys for dieting. There is something refreshing about starting anew in the new year.

Zonie, I have some similar issues...I can get all worked up about things and people I can't control, or I can take a hard look at myself and what I am doing and do what I can to make myself healthier. It is not easy...wish it was easy as pie. If it was easy, I would not be here.

Getting Fit, hope you have a healthier day.

Wkend Boater, just reading an old book of Geneen Roth called Appetites. I wish there was a local support group for her books. I think they make good discussion...but then again, I think maybe I need to find another local writing group...oh, I have too, too much to do this month. And I have 3 items of Roth's out from the library. Anyway, she wrote about food in N'Oleans, make me want to go on a vacation...

I like reading nonfiction adventure books, too. The last boating book I "read", was actually a fiction film about people who went scuba diving and were abandoned accidently by the boating crew who forgot to do a headcount when they left...don't recall the name. It was a while ago. Once when I was boating we came across people stranded on a rock in the middle of the river at dusk. The men in my group were really good at rescue and had the right equipment...I felt relieved that they could help. When I boated, it was enough for me to just not be a nuisance...Another time, half my group went off to search for missing boaters. They had to carry their boats through a long railroad tunnel in the evening. I hope they did not have to walk on the track. Cadaver dogs found a body a few days later. What is amazing is that it was a big wide river and the dogs could pick up the scent from the shore even though the body was in the middle of the river.

216/218/209/208.6/208.8/209/204 I am up a tad...oh well.

EXERCISE: was only gonna do a 40 minute walk...but then I went the "extra mile" and did almost 60 minutes.
DIET: no food mover, breakfast ok, chose wrong food at lunch: broccoli cheese soup and 1/4 of grilled chicken cheese sandwich and 4 bites of someone else's dessert. Ate rest of sandwich 3 hours later. Feel this dissonance when I eat "wrong" food. Did taste a kale/almond/feta salad. Desserts: gummies, squares of chocolate, 12 dk chocolate covered almonds--bought at Aldi's. Don't know if it is good chocolate or not...tasted good. I think I eat certain foods like chocolate and coffee as a pick-me-up to wake up my mind.
OTHER: did not get much done. Read some more of Appetites. Watched part of a Carrie Fisher standup routine.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: swim today.
DIET: use food mover. Record desserts.
OTHER: get car washed/vacuumed. Get other car stuff done.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 275/199.1/120

Height: 164cm

Hi All!

Made it to gym the other day, but not today. Struggling with migraines so wasn't well enough, but food was on point so happy with that.

AND!!! Today I hit onderland and officially 75.9 lbs down?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #27  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Jewels09 & TerrieD Hi and welcome to the check-in.

We have today off and it's back to work tomorrow.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Holy Water Weight Batman!

Calories for yesterday: 1290 +
Weigh In: 176.2
Down: 3.4 pounds

Flower Your comment about the skinny jeans made me think about my idea of a successful vacation: If I can return home from vacation and my jeans still fit, the vacation diet was a success. Ah the little things we celebrate.

kimboslice Congrats on Onderland!

Teri000 Great job on the exercise!

nancylmrn Sending prayers your way for guidance and improved heath and strength for your Mom.

chouku Yay for a good start to your day.

Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #28  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone,

I also see some new faces.... Welcome!!

Sooo I am still 4.1lbs up from my new under 280 goal But today is the start of getting back on track, no birthday cake, no xmas dinners and no excuse not to work out

I will hopefully join the gym this week, show my mum what to do and get myself moving!! Got a big goal to hit over the next few months, so hopefully I will be able to get on track.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #29  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies

Welcome [B]Ronda[/B], Jewels09 & TerrieD. I wish you much success on your weight loss journey.

Yesterday was a little better than Saturday but still not 100% for me. It's crazy how after having one binge relapse how hard it is to get back in my good zone. I have decided that I am going to join Weight Watchers today. They have a really good special so I am going to take advantage of it. I really want to reach my weight loss goal this year and I do like the WW program.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I will come back to read personals later today.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies, hope you all slept well. Quickie post for now.

Jewels and Teri

Diana thank you! I was so glad I got the stuff for the meals. Thanks for posting the links too! You have been so helpful. Your menu looks great, wishing you a great day off. DH has today off too!

chouko congrats on a good day, menu looks really good, hope your night went well as well.

nancy I am glad your mom is in good spirits. That is great that you took off for a night, hope you guys had a great time.

flower thanks for the encouragement and support. At least you maintained pretty much over the holidays and now we have a new day and new month and year! I hope you have a great new day flower.

Teri I like January for dieting too! That book you read about the scuba divers....I saw the movie! Wow on your boat story and the cadaver dogs! We have had many adventures out at sea (though never too far from shore). We used to sleep out all the time! Lightning storms were the scariest and we always watch the skies and can see them coming, if we can't get in because of the tide we hide the boat under the bridge..if we can get to it in time! One night, we were coming back in pitch black, the seas kicked up ...that was probably the scariest time. We were lucky really to make it all back alive. The waves were breaking over the bow, I will never forget it! I like the sea when it is as calm as glass! Wow you got me thinking..lol Teri, great going on that 60 minute walk! I like how you track your goals and all for the day and will start following suit, hope you have a great day.

kim sorry to hear of your migraine and hope you feel better now. Congrats on making it to the gym and your awesome loss and hitting onderland!

Scotsgal December can be such a tough month with the holidays and all, hope you have a good day today : ) cool on showing your mom what to do and helping her. I need to get moving too! Happy New Year.

I better get a move on, I hope you all have a great day.! I will be back later on sometime to post my menu. Here is to a good day for us all ladies!

GOALS for today-focus on the meal plan and OP for the day
-drink a lot of water
-write in journal
and EXERCISE!
Closed Thread