Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/227/150

Height: 5'3

Question New at this... plz help!

So, this is my first time doing forums, hopefully i dont screw it up lol. anyway, has anyone used the "It works!" stuff? or how about the thrive stuff? ive tried the it works and i can feel it trying to do something... it kinda feels like bengay is all over my belly. lol but my problem, i have a pinched nerve in my back from a car accident 2 years ago. how the **** do i exercise with out freaking killin myself? plus im 28, married, no kids yet, but i take care of my grandparents... i never have time for myself. ive thought about just starving myself, but that doesnt help either. lol i need some advice... im so new to this...im at my heaviest at 230. and i feel like my husband doesnt look at me the same. yeah, he's a chubby chaser, but my chubby is turning fatter and fatter...
beachbodbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome Beachbodbound! I never heard of the things you're trying. All I can tell you is what's been working for me. You'll definitely need to find your own path but truly you don't need to buy anything to start losing right now. There are no gimmicks. Here's what I did - I cut out artificial sweeteners first. I didn't lose any weight from that, but I don't think weight loss would have been possible while I was still on the nutrasweet (2+ liters of Diet Coke per day). Then, a few months later, I cut out anything with real sugar in it. Once I cut out real sugar the weight started to fall off. A few months later when the weight loss from that slowed down to a crawl, I cut way back on bread. I've stayed off nutrasweet, but I've gone back and forth from maintenance mode where I try to moderate my intake of sweets and bread to repeating the cycle of cutting out refined carbs almost completely. I should probably exercise more. I try to get 10k steps in 5x a week and I feel better if I do. I look better if I add on pilates. You've gotta believe in yourself - you can do this! If I can lose weight, anybody can.

ETA: I'm a lot older than you, but for me, exercise is about feeling better, not really too much about weight loss (maybe a couple of pounds). The real weight loss for me comes from what I put in my mouth. So don't worry at this point about not having time to exercise. The great thing for me about eating low carb is that it doesn't have to take a lot of prep work. Purdue short cuts dipped in Wholly Guacamole singles makes a nice dinner on the run. I'm eating much more meat than I used to, but our grocery bills are less because I'm not eating the junk.

Last edited by Treasa; 12-27-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/227/150

Height: 5'3

thanks, i really appreciate the help. im a southern girl and carbs and starch is life. lol my grandparents seem to think that way too. if i dont make bread every meal theyre not happy.!! lol
beachbodbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome. Come on in -- very friendly folks here. Everyone has to find their own way so poke around and see what you think might fit. I have trouble believing something like a wrap or patch will do much other than make your wallet less fat. But, that is me.

As Treasa said above, diet changes are what worked for me as well. And, adding exercise. I am lazy, and cheap, so I don't do any prepared meals. I also wanted a way of eating that I will continue after the weight loss goal is achieved. You can lose without exercise, in fact, some recommend it. It will just be perhaps slower than it might be if you added exercise.

Good luck. Please don't just decide to stop eating. That is actually pretty easy to do - but if you don't change the way you eat once you start eating again - it will all just come back and then some most likely.

I started by getting a fitbit and logging ALL I ate. Down to how many almonds. Once I figured out how many calories I was averaging, I then figured out how to adjust my diet to lower the calories and I added exercise. You will have to find your own path on how you achieve a caloric deficit and then how you plan to maintain a way of eating that doesn't exceed your daily needs or else you will just put it all back on.

My husband and I are in this together, which is great. Perhaps your husband wants to lose along with you?

Good luck! Check out the January Weight loss challenge ---

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 12-27-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/199.1/120

Height: 164cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbodbound View Post
So, this is my first time doing forums, hopefully i dont screw it up lol. anyway, has anyone used the "It works!" stuff? or how about the thrive stuff? ive tried the it works and i can feel it trying to do something... it kinda feels like bengay is all over my belly. lol but my problem, i have a pinched nerve in my back from a car accident 2 years ago. how the **** do i exercise with out freaking killin myself? plus im 28, married, no kids yet, but i take care of my grandparents... i never have time for myself. ive thought about just starving myself, but that doesnt help either. lol i need some advice... im so new to this...im at my heaviest at 230. and i feel like my husband doesnt look at me the same. yeah, he's a chubby chaser, but my chubby is turning fatter and fatter...

The It works stuff is all a waste of money IMO. Especially the wraps - it doesn't help with weight loss not worth the money. And most of the supps aren't good for you and won't do anything.

Have you thought about just starting with walking?

Starving yourself is the worst thing you can possibly do Hun, it will ruin your metabolism and will prevent you losing and will help you gain more. Have you tried setting a calorie goal and working towards that each day?

At the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out, if you can eat the right foods and quantities and get a bit of exercise in, you will 100% lose weight. Know it's not easy of course, but you don't need random supplements or anything like that. You could try weight watchers or similar? The group support etc might help you?
kimboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Hey girl! Welcome! So first thing I want to say is calm down. You seem frantic. Ok, now that that is out of the way, as said before, gimmicks don't work and if they do, they don't work long term. Carbs are wonderful, but unfortunately they help us pack on pounds. Don't cut them out completely but understand that they are mostly an enemy. Focus on what your goals are and then try to make small changes. Don't try to do everything all at once because you will fail. considering you have the back issue, start with your nutrition first. easiest first step, learn to love water. If you change nothing about your diet but get away from sugary drinks and only drink water or very lightly sweetened tea or coffee, you will likely lose a certain amount of weight from that alone. Then when you feel like you have that under control, eat clean whole foods with good quality and that will make your body feel good and nourish you. When that is under control and you feel like you can add something else to the equation the first thing you need to do is see a doctor or physical therapist about your back. Im a physical therapist and there is a lot of exercise that you can do with a pinched nerve, but you need to know what is ok and what is not okay. From there, you can work on improving your symptoms and get guidance of exercises. The best thing I can say is that although you are married and taking care of the your grandparents, take this new year and carve out time for yourself. Even if that just means, making a healthful delicious meal for yourself or even taking the 5 mins out per day to pre plan and pre count your daily allowable calories. You are no good to others if you are breaking down. Just remember that and you can remind your husband and grandparents of that as well if they think that you aren't being as helpful as you used to because you are taking care of yourself now. Good luck to you in your journey. Please use this site for all he support your need. It helped me out a lot when I needed it the most.

Last edited by kiwi1222; 01-01-2017 at 10:16 AM.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it works