Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #61  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

SunnyD~I love that pic of Guido! And yes, I do feel like that some days. In fact, if we get to come back, i want to be a pampered cat! Give me a sunny window, food whenever I want, affection when i feel like it, sleep 16 hours a day.......my kind of life!

Felt better today although this a.m. i did struggle getting out of bed..... but I did and i'm glad.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:49 AM   #62  

I am in need of lots of Prayers for my Church and School. Monday we had record rains and there is an apt complex behind the church and the pond flooded and caused a flood inside our church and school. It has done over 100,000.00 in damage and we don't have flood ins. becausethe ins company wouldn't let us take it out because we are not on a flood plain. So the Kids are out of school until the repairs are done. We went by there monday evening and there was a car on the road just outside our school parking lot and the water was so high all you could see was 3 inches of the roof!
Even in the mist of all this I can see the Lords hand my DD and her soon to be husband decided to marry at his church and raise the kids in hers. There is no way this church will be put back together in two weeks. Think of all the stress I would be under if they were getting married there! Work is busy but going great. I am feeling run down but better.

eisenj-A big welcome! I think your plans are real strict but you seem to be very strong about this I know you can do this! Fast food is sooooo bad just giving that up will make a big diffrence! Wow your DD does 200? sit ups WOW! Prayers for your DD on her break up. I have 5 DD's so we have been through this a lot! Just the other night mine was upset with hers for kissing another girl but he has been over for the last few nights so I guess they made up!

Mitchypoo-Sorry things didn't work out. I had to smile when you made the comment about the women pastors. My Dh grandfather was a REALLY out spoken crabby guy and he didn't think women should be pastors. when he died (of course on the day we were to leave for vac (I swear he did it on purpose) because he had no church home they called a pastor in to do the service and you guessed it SHE was a woman! I smiled through the whole service! LOL

Angellover-I will keep your S-I-L in my prayers. It is going to take a lot to change Iraq and until order is in place the war will still be going on. And of course big prayers for your DD and grandkids. I am praying for you also Stress is not good for you either! How is the house going?

Sunnyd57-My friends name is Larry and my S-F-I-L is Warren. With all the stuff going on at church I have not heard how Larry's surgery went. I will have to e-mail to find out. I love your picture? I am going to post some after the wedding.

AmandaPanda-I pray that you are feeling better. Is your depression do to job hunting? I know it must be hard to look for a job in todays market. My DD took 3 months to find a job in one way I think it was a blessing because she took her other jobs for granted always complaining. Now she has changed her attuide a lot!

Christian-What was you screen name before? I remember the saying you put at the bottom.

Ez-How is the boring school going? I still am not sure what dress I should wear. I love the white one do you think it is OK to wear white to my DD wedding? My friend says no but I think his mother is wearing a white dress (it was her wedding dress in in 2nd wedding)

Sherry-Wow you have had it hot no wonder you are swelling! Is your husband feeling any better about church? I am still praying!

Wilma-You have been gone to long! We have missed you!

Daise-I will try to e-mail your friend but my stupid e-mail doesn't alway go out.

I have to go and get some rest. Prayers for an OP day!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:16 AM   #63  

Good morning everyone,

I need some prayers for an old Christan friend. Her son got caught yesterday by the police speeding. He had his car filled with drugs. Last year he got caught stealing drugs from a drug store he worked for, then turned around and sold them at the high school he went to. Of course he got kicked out of school. They had to but him in a private school for bad kids. He was leaving to go to college today, but is now in jail. He was a great chief and was planning to go to culinary school. He blew it big time. Last time the judge even cleaned his record since it was his first offense.

My son has soccer tonight. Laura has dance from 5:30 to 9:00. I have no clue when to prepare dinner. Neither one of them like to eat much of anything when they have a game or dance, because They get stomach cramps. Paul (my husband)needs to eat by 6:00 or he gets bad headaches and acid reflux.I need to make some thing light.

Michele~ Are there any christan single groups near you that you
can join? Also a good way to meet men is by volunteering for a cause like habitat for humanity or helping in a sport event like golf,football games etc. You should see how many guys show up to the Masters. This town is filled with men the first week of
April. The town people leave and corporations rent there homes for big bucks. Good luck xoxo

Angel-lover~ I will pray for your son-in-law and family. What troop is he in? Our sunday school class sends care packages to ssg Don Terry Luton Coc 122 Eng Bn 3rd ACR unit 91538. These men and weman are fighting in unbelievable hot tempertures. The men we send to have requested christan reading material, mag and newspapers. They also like liquid soap and baby wipes.
They need to know that we care about them and we are praying for them.

Got to go God bless
Old 09-04-2003, 07:38 AM   #64  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Question Question, Sami...

GOOD MORNING, SAMI ~ I have a question for you? Do you have your churches mailing address? I would like to help with a donation in the rebuilding after that flooding. I don't have much, but I am sure that every little bit would help defray the cost since the Ins. will not cover. And of course you will have my prayers too!! So much happening in our world today

Thank-you for giving me the names of your dear ones... it makes it more personalized when I lift them up in prayers. Keep us informed whenever you can. I know it is a crazy time for you right now and YOU are in my prayers as well. It will be a beautiful wedding ~ God has guided you so far in the choosing of the church.

And if I may... in answer to your dress color --- Miss Manners states that ONLY THE BRIDE should wear white on her wedding day, because the focus should be on her. But so many rules have changed over the years. Hope this helps with your decision making.

Have a good day, Sami!
God Bless!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #65  

Wink Good Morning, Judy

GOOD MORNING JUDY ~ What is your friends first name? Just wondered so I can be a bit more personal in prayer when I lift her & her son up in prayer.

Drugs are tough! My brother has been hooked for years and he is very strong-willed & proud, so he won't accept any help. His name is ED and I so would appreciate any prayers for him as well. He & I were always so very close till he moved to LA got messed up and now he has distanced himself from 'all' of the family over the years. I hear that is a very tipical reaction after getting involved with drugs... makes me sad to think about it. I miss my brother very much! We are only 14 months apart in age and were always close growing up. He acted like my 'Big brother' and always protected me - even though "I" was the oldest... he is so sweet. So it makes it all the sadder of a situation. And he's so talented! What an artist! I thank-you in advance for the prayers.

I too will lift your friend & her son up in prayer...
You have a good Day today! God Bless!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:12 AM   #66  

Angry Good Morning Michele

MORNING MICHELE ~ I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better!!!

And it thrills me that you and the others like my pictures! Guido is my cassanova... my love-bug. He loves to cuddle & be cuddled. Yes, a cat sure does know how to live a good life - don't they

Here's another for you of him, but from a distance... gotta just love him! He owns the place, along with his brother & Domino

Have a Good Day today, sweetie.
(((Hugs)))
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #67  

Angry Morning Gary

MORNING GARY ~ Where are youuuuu? How's that garage coming along??? Hope that all is going well with Ron and school... bet you have been busy with him. Soon (if not already) you will be doing homework again! Then you will be "smarter then the av-er-age bear" (my YOGI-BEAR impersonation )

Have a good day today! God Bless!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #68  

Angry Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Glad to see almost everyone posting. But it's really hard for me to keep up. I guess I'm a little slow. I just wanted to ask for prayer requests today. I'm headed back to the Dr to see what he says today and maybe have more testing done. I'd think by now they have done almost every test imaginable but might what to repeat them to see if anything has changed. *sigh* I am kinda down because, this week I've gotten so I can't hardly function properly. I'm very SOB (short of breath) and very fatiqued and my mind isn't very clear. I'm sure he will tell me it's lack of oxygen. But if that's the case, he will push me to apply for disability which I don't want to do. I'm scared. I know that if I didn't push myself to get up and go to work some days that I would want to stay in bed all day because of the way I feel. But with working, I have to get up and go so I manage to get through it. But if I didn't have to go to work, I think I would get weaker in general. Plus, I know if and when I quit, I might not ever be able to work again or get a job again. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in God, and know HE knows whats best for me, but I just want to make sure this is whats best for me and that the evil factors of this world aren't influencing all this. Does that make sense?

Thank you ahead of time for your thoughts and prayers. This group has been such a blessing to me over the years. I continue to pray for you all too. I will try to post again when I get back.

Have a GREAT day!!!! Keep looking UP!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:27 AM   #69  

Angry Morning all!

Also want to send out "Good Morning & a Good Day" to CHRISTIAN, AMANDA, SHERRY, ANGEL-LOVER, WILMA, DAISE, AMY & JOANNE!!!

OH & A GOOD DAY to: SUE, JANEY, ZOE & GEMONSTER (whom I do not know, but have been on this thread before.) I did see that GEMONSTER POSTED ON WEIGHTY ISSUES #7 on 9-2 when I was surfing...

Hope I haven't missed anyone!!!
God Bless!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:42 AM   #70  

Wink Hi Sherry!

MORNING SHERRY ~ Sure I will lift you up in prayer today! I hope that everything test okay!!

Sherry... I noticed that you are an LVN. I just read an article this past Sunday about the shortage of RN's LPN's & LVN's. You are probably being very 'over-worked' and are so fatiqued that your body cannot catch up... don't you think? The article stated that more then 126,000 nursing positions in hospitals around the country are UNFILLED! And that the nursing workforce is shrinking... how sad! Therefore... all the nurses we have now are being very over-worked!! My mom was an RN in Maine and was forced into retirement due to a car accident and injury to her back. She cried for months --- she loved her job! She worked in Peds. And did not want to leave it.

Anyway... you have my prayers - today & everyday.
Loved your graphic & verse today---Thanx!
God's Blessings!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down WOW

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!

I leave for just a few- ok, 24 hrs. and look at all these posts!! So happy to see it-- I have been trying to read them as I answer questions on life with the nephew Such as if the date on the milk is Aug. 27 how come it's still good, is it ok to put mustard, mayo,relish,chili sauce,ketchup, turkey,salami and provolone on the same sandwich? (sure!! and make me one too W/O the mayo and ketchup and chili sauce ) do I always have to eat this healthy bread Uncle Gary? why is it brown and so heavy.....

I don't have time to post to everyone at the moment (I really should be doing a job bid before I take the kiddo to school and head off to work) but I do want to say quickly-- and I will reply to all later...

Michele-- get up get going
Sami- Prayers! church and school--wear ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!
Judi-plan-plan-plan-- those meals-- we have suggestions to help here from experience. Prayers for the friend's son--I understand!.

Sherry-Prayers-- keep moving forward dear
Amanda- no offense taken- pretty much the Believers here are agaist bad people-PERIOD-- we, I believe, have been put in a situation as a nation to help others-- it is not an easy thing to do-- if my family was being hurt like those in Iraq I sure wish someone would step in and help-- I am so thankful for our troops!
Christie-Good luck on the program with your 9 yr.old-- my daughter has a passion to help overweight/out of shape youngsters that need some guidence.
SunnyD- thanks for keeping it going!! Prayers for your brother-- long story- will tell later- 1 brother died from drugs (nephew's pop) and 1 more SAVED through Salvation Army-- I understand

Angel-doitforme-Zoe-Amy-Gem-Daise-WILMA?where are you-- how long was that trip anyways!

Runnin'- Gary
Old 09-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink I'M BACK

HI GALS--

I'll write what i can before my brother gets here and we head to the local social security office-- need to take care of business of my nephew's and neice's. Had a short day today so this is a good time because next week I am really busy.

MICHELE- I know it isn't easy "waiting" for the right one- been there a few times before! in my life. I know you have heard it all before but the only thing you can do is to keep on keepin' on-- with the best attitude you can-- and I am sure you are. It is only natural to get down-- what isn't good is STAYING down-- I remember when i went through my divorce, it took every ounce of energy I had to stay afloat-- but I knew one day it would be OK-- but I sure as heck didn't feel it. I remember too some of the girls I talked to on the phone (remember I am from the old fashioned days-- we didn't have computers and chatting-- we had to subscribe to a personal ad in newspapers) anyhow so many seemed like the right one-- I was so sure many times God had answered my prayer-- then after meeting or a few dates I was like "STUPID" to even think this was the one for me. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, not even sure-- all I know is eventually it will happen for you-- I know it isn't fair!!! And I know that "your not the only single woman out there" doesn't help either-- we all want someone to "LOVE" us-- and even though we all know here how much our Lord loves us and that IS ALL WE NEED!!! we still want someone here--ON EARTH-- to share with.

Brother here-BYE
Old 09-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #73  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello to you all,

Just popping in quickly because my Nigel needs to use the P.C.

I am having a good week diet wise - really feel back on track. I went to the gym today, it was a really hot day and I feel wiped out now!

I will keep you all in my prayers

Love Amanda xx
Old 09-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #74  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary~I love your nephews questions! It's so typical of that age but i think it's great that he can ask you without feeling like you'll make him feel dumb. Poor guy, too, with his pops dying. I think that's your brother, so i'm sorry for your loss as well.

I know, i know, i'm off my pity pot! And I know that he's out there, I may have met him and not realized it, or maybe he's still to meet. Either way, when I think about it, I say, OK God, in your time. I'm willing to wait. I just felt a little defeated and disenchanted with your whole species

Going to the Mall of America....that always makes me feel better!

I can't wait for football season to start! And this Sunday is a great rival game for us. The Vikings/Packers! Go Vikes!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #75  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default back

OK- I am back again. All went well at the social security office- mostly because I was in their files on this from before-- I just hate having to do this again, when I went through it less than a year ago. Should be fine now. Had a call right before I left from one of the case workers, they want to have a meeting with the nephews mom, my wife, brother, sil, and some of her sisters finally decided to come-- to see what we can do as a "FAMILY" unit in helping the kids-- not sure what good it will do- the sisters of my sil don't want anything to do with her either-- they are not willing to take the kids either- this isn't really aproblem with me, they are fine people but I would much rather my nephew was with me.

SAMI-- I am sorry to hear about your church and school- Prayers for all concerned, wish you the best in raising funds. I know that "TRADITIONS" call for certain colors etc. - Back in the 'ol days boys and men wore suits to church-- don't find that too much anymore. I personally feel that you should wear whatever you want!! My family has strict instructions from me that for my funeral they BETTER not wear anything but shorts, t-shirts or sweatshirts if it is cold-- it better be an Hawaiian affair (not that I am Hawaiian, never been there myself but my kids love it there! go every chance they can) a lot of food, music and fun. They can have Pastor give a "quick" sermon to share the Gospel, tell a few jokes- they can play "Just as I Am Without One Plea" and "Beautiful Savior" my 2 favorite traditional songs and that is it. Perferably this will be done at my home or wherever the wife and kids want it. My grandmothers will turn over in their graves but I will explain it to them when I get to Heaven!! My POINT-- LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE HECK OTHER PEOPLE THINK-- if it is your "HOTTEST" color WEAR IT!!!!!!

JUDY OK- sounds like to me the Hubby needs to do the 200 sit-ups too after all those Krispy cremes I will pray for the boy with the drug problem, I understand, will explain in post to Sunny. I also understand the stomach problems-- my son, 22, doesn't eat before any sporting event- never has because it upsets him-- he plays something alomost everyday for the last 18 years! My daughter has IBS too, 20, so food is always an issue-- acid reflux for my wife....From all the years of expierience as a single parent for 7 years I understand how (as a male) it is easy to fast food-- I wish I knew then what I have learned-- to PLAN-- it is easy to BBQ a whole bunch of chicken breasts on the week-end then throw them in the microwave with different sauces, etc-- freeze casseroles, a lot of crock-pot stuff--- I was doing a whole bunch of running from practices with son and daughter for sports, scouts, church youth groups, etc- loved every minute of it but I didn't plan meals too well!

Gotta get the nephew- be back
Closed Thread