300+ And Ready To Try Again....#398

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
    And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
    We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
  • oops..
    SEE MY POST AT THE END OF #397.....

Does anyone have any idea why the I can't seem to get this thing to print bold/huge/letters or whatever? every time i do it, it just shows the html tags..
  • nevermind...
    I just decided to move the post over to this thread

Hey girls!

I've been MIA for the past couple days...or so it seems! I've been trying to come in and make quick updates but I haven't had time for individual posts . I've been MOVING...I HATE moving. Most of my stuff is FINALLY here and I have my bed and computer set up, so everything else after that is just minor details

Yesterday was sort of a setback (but hey, for every two steps forward you need to allow room for taking one back). I had Golden Grahams for breakfast (which isn't SO bad...five points with the milk)...Then for lunch I did well, i had a 6 inch roast beef sandwich at Subway...and for some reason I accidently said "yes" to the mayo..odd cause usually I ask for the Horseradish sauce (which doesnt TASTE like it's low in fat - even fat free - but it IS!)
    For dinner I lost track of my points because my parents ordered from Pizza Hut (gah..three pieces of pizza and two breadsticks..)

It was good but at least I still feel confident enough about my weight loss "journey" now that it won't set me back.
    So anyways....::drumroll:: I lost five pounds this week (maybe more, my grandmother has a weird scale and it seems to be really precarious about how you stand on it in order for it to actually read accurate numbers...I usually end up getting on it three times and taking the "best out of three"

I'm satisfied with my five pounds even though I know that if i was hardcore I would have lost a couple more I'm announcing this as my "water" week..where I wean myself onto water and start drinking less of what I really love...like DP and milk!!! (not mixed together of course )

I apologize if I am "missing" someone in this post, but I'm only going by what I see here in this thread...

Pam: I have always preferred this thread, because I have found that I just simply could not relate as well to the other threads..I know it may just be my own issues (I know we aren't judgemental)...I Just have a hard time taking someone who weighs 129 (and is dieting) SERIOUSLY ....I know we all fight our inner "demons" and what have you..but I don't think someone like ME will be able to relate to someone who has a MUCH shorter journey to go on

2Cute: Ugh, my heart tears inside me when I hear stories like that. I used to be a nursing major, and it was literally *too much* for me to deal with. I am a very emotional young lady and I take things like people in nursing homes very very personally and I would go home at night after work in tears for these poor residents who didn't have anyone to come in and visit them. Or coming into the hospital to find out that someone had died. It takes a special kind of person to be able to into nursing..and I have some very good friends who would never do anything else with their lives and it's wonderful.

Thin: Looks like you have a new partner in the merchandising industry I have no idea why...but they send me truckloads of assignment ideas and such...so I'm leaving my other job at Filene's (at least as a regular associate) and concentrating on looking for full time employment, meanwhile I'll take up as many projects as I can I guess.

Tina: Thanks for the positive words, you're so right we can't live by the scale...my issue right now is FACING the scale...since I've been "off" on my "diet" for about six months now...I'm facing the grim reality of what might happen to me if I don't lose this weight soon...I am young, I don't want to be morbidly obese by the time I am in my 30's.

That's all for now..I have to go sort through my mail...eek...

I'm sorry for not being there to chat last night!! I was still setting up my desk and re-hooking up my computer at that point.

I'll post again tonight, you ladies have a wonderful day/and/or evening.

Melissa
  • Good morning my fine feathered friends.... how are you today? Wonderful, I hope. I'm here at work slaving away and am very happy to have an off day tomorrow.

I called WW in Chattanooga (25 miles away) and they have the new Flex Points calculator and new eating out and dining guides and I'm going down there and picking those up. Since my WW meetings are held at a church instead of an actual location, we don't have as many supplies as some of the stores do and when we get stuff, it sells out really quick. (past personal experience) So, I'm going to get my stuff in Chattanooga tomorrow, that way....when I join on Tuesday, I will already have them. I am so excited!

I've got to learn to ease up on myself. ( I can almost hear Thin shaking her head) Ok, here's the deal. Yesterday, my co-worker decided that she wanted to get take out from our favorite Japanese restaurant. I had already brought a Healthy Choice dinner with me along with some strawberry applesauce, so I was good to go. Well, once she announced where she was going.....I was all in a twitter, because you know: I wanted some Japanese food too! What I usually get is sesame chicken. It is grilled chicken (pieces) with mushrooms, carrots and a sprinkling of sesame seeds in teriaki sauce w/fried rice. The portions are absolutely huge. They also give you something called "shrimp sauce" which looks somewhat like thousand island dressing, but not as thick that I pour over my rice. Well, I told her that I had my lunch with me and that I didn't want anything. Well, the closer it got to time to call it in, I decided I was having some. I would just make the healthy choice and get steamed rice instead of fried. Good choice, right? I mean, after all.....grilled chicken, mushrooms and carrots are not that bad. So I get my lunch and I eat it. Even though I counted the rice as 12 pts. (I figured there was about 2 1/2 to 3 cups of it) the chicken, carrots and mushrooms as 7 pts and even allowed a whopping 6 pts. for the "shrimp sauce" because I wasn't sure how much it was.....anyways, I allowed 25 pts. for the whole meal. Yeah, I realize it probably wasn't that much, but I'd rather be over than under in my figuring. So that put me at 29 pts. for the day because I had already had some cereal for breakfast. I figured I could still work in 5 pts. when I got home, I would just eat a salad or something.

Well....even though I chose a healthier version of my Japanese favorite, even though I'm sure I overestimated the points, even though I was still within my range......I STILL beat myself up over it. Why? Heck if I know. I guess because it wasn't a planned meal and right now, I'm trying to be a little strict on myself since I'm near the beginning of starting over. So, I decided that since I'd messed up, even though technically I hadn't, I decided to mess it up real good and had a serving of hamburger helper (stroganoff made with ground turkey) and corn that my dh made for dinner. Later last night, I had a sandwich (not too bad) LF sugar free wheat bread, lean honey ham, FF cheese, honey mustard and lite mayo and some light cottage cheese. Oh, and did I mention....throughout the day, I managed to eat a whole bag of yogurt raisins?! Yeah, the darn things are back in the house again because I bought a bag (ok, no lies) two bags...when I was feeling strong. But when the first moment of weakness came along...where did I go? Straight to my comfort food.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine today. It was a momentary lapse. It just made me mad that even though I had my Japanese meal and was still within the guidelines, that just that little slip or so I saw it because it wasn't a planned meal, made me feel like such a failure that I had to try and do more damage to myself. I have got to stop this STINKIN THINKIN!

Anyways....don't worry gals. I'm totally fine, I just wanted to share that with you because if I didn't get it off my chest I thought I would die. Thank you for your ever present and loving ears. You guys are the best and I truly do not know what I would do without you.

• Good morning from Forest Public Library . I have done good so far today.
    Breakfast : Slim Fast Granola Bar
    Skim Milk
    310 Cal

Lunch
    Sand made with diet bread and turkey cold cuts
    Campbells veg soup
    diet drink
    Popsickle
    About 400 Cal.

So far So Good.
  • Tina:
    Yeah you overestimated your points..that's a good idea...and think...Japanese food..you could have messed up REALLY badly if you had wanted to (thinking of all the fried food and jambalaya chicken and stuff)
    Dude, who WOULDNT pass up a chance to eat Japanese? You did well, just plan the rest of your day accordingly.
  • Popcorn report
    Ok, I'm hopping on here for a moment with the popcorn report.

As I said earlier, I bought some new popcorn and I thought I would give you a report on it. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being highest, I would give it about a 5. It is very sweet. If you like your popcorn sweet, then you will probably like it. However, it is not butter flavored (which I really like) and just sort of tasted like plain popcorn with sugar on it. On a good note, if I had eaten the whole bag it would have only been 2.5 points, but I did NOT eat the whole thing. I took a small bowl and gave the rest to the kids.

In case you are interested, it's made by Jolly Time and it's called Healthy Pop. I can't give it a thumbs up, so I'll give it a . That's the best I could come up with. I do know I do not plan on buying it in the future AND am putting it in the cabinet that the boys and dh eat from.

Geez, can you believe I just typed two whole paragraphs about popcorn? Can I ramble or what?

P.S. My microwave caught on fire while I was popping it, so I also considered that a sign that I shouldn't eat it anymore.

Speaking of my microwave, here is something that really makes me . We have the kind that has the turntable thingy in the middle that you sit the plate on and then there's this ring with rollers on it that rotates the plate as you're cooking. Well.... what has happened, is that the wheels have rotated so much that they have chipped the paint off the bottom of the microwave and it has started to rust. I guess the friction of the wheels going round and round just finally wore a groove into the paint and it started peeling away. Anyways, I'm in the midst of popping my popcorn and I see smoke coming from the thing. I'm thinking at this point.....Hmmm, NOT good. So when I go over to it, I see flames in the bottom. Guess it's time for a new microwave, huh?

Oh well, it's time to go for now. Trey has a football jamboree tonight and we have to be there in aproximately 2 hours and I still have to get dinner done and get changed. I'll try to pop back in later this evening with a football report. I hope you all have a terrific evening and I did want to say to:

Mary: Good job so far today!! Just stay strong. I KNOW you can do it. The first day is always the hardest, but it gets easier as it goes. Remember, we're always here for you.

• Hi Gang -
    Sure is quiet around here this evening. What's everyone up to?
    My day ended up being fairly useless. Grrr. I turned my laptop over to our I.T. dept at 10am and didn't get it back until 6pm. And, guess what ---- still doesn't work correctly!!! I'm a little miffed about it! Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow. I am scheduled to work at home but can't connect to the network. Don't feel like driving an hour just to have them take my computer all day again. Today I cleaned my desk and organized all my files, don't feel like doing anymore of that tomorrow. I know the office it going to be quiet because of the holiday weekend. I may just stay at home and work on what I can without connecting to work. I'll see how I feel in the am.

I have an appt. in the morning to see my doc and find out the results from my blood work earlier in the week - thyroid tests.

We aren't doing anything this weekend. Just planning on putzing around the house and relaxing. Maybe a movie or something.

Tonight we have a Fantasy Football draft on-line. We've been playing with the same group for nearly 10 years. It's a lot of fun. I don't keep up with football like most of the guys, but I enjoy it and the group is fun.

Melissa - Congrats on the loss this week!!

Tina --- You have been doing a GREAT job here lately. Don't beat yourself up over today. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off --- get rid of the raisins and take it one meal, snack, minute at a time!!!
    You WILL do this!!!

Mary --- Good job today!

Time for me to get ready for the draft. I'll catch you gals later!
    Hugs,
    Barb
  • I thought I better post because we were almost wiped off the dang board! LOL

Well I got everything ready for tomorrow, clothes, lunches, gave the boy a bath, had me a shower and cleaned up the dishes and threw a load of laundry in the washer and made the boys bed...now to just get him to go to sleep. He is in the bed with his black bear watching the wiggles...John is already in bed and I sooo sooo bad want to go there too! If the boy would just fall asleep I could tip toe past him and go to my room! Hopefully it won't be long!

Tina you are so motivating...plan plan plan...thats the key to winning this game!! I am much more successful when I PLAN my meals. Prepare them in advance...my breakfast and lunch are all packed and written in my journal for tomorrow. I have both at work since I start so early and don't have time to eat at home. I even plan my snacks too! I hit my target points today only because tonight since JOhn went to bed early I was waundering aimlessly around the kitchen and still felt I needed more to eat...so since I had 7 points left I made a hummus sandwich on lite bread for 2 pts...then...yikes...I had a low fat pop tart for 5 points. They so are NOT worth 5 points but since I had the points to use I did it! Anyways...good job on planning ahead to be successful...I think we will both do it this time....I know the program works! I did it before! So stick with me and we will be on our way!!

Mary sounds like you are getting back on track too! Keep the chin up and keep yourself busy...

Well Miss Barb...where the heck are you tonight?? At the gym?

Oh I forgot...or did I? Did I tell you I signed Andrew up for swimming lessons on wednesday nights at the Y? I plan on using the facilities again since I have been paying $48 a month for the family plan. Now to drag John with us too! We can make it family night!

OK I better get going and check my email...I'll catch you all tomorrow...its great to be having 3 days off in a row again! Long weekend. We have a graduation party to go to but I plan on socializing instead of eating! I'll let you know how successful I was....I passed on the chocolate cake yesterday I know I am strong!!

Geeesh....I just keep babbling...must be because John went to bed waaaaaay to early tonight and I had no adult to talk to! LOL

TTFN Michelle
  • I blew it. Peter left on a business trip today and my son took me out to dinner at a fish house. I over ate.
  • Howdy, girls! I'm up to the same old boring stuff....cosmetics resets. UGH!!! We finished the Revlon part today and have the Almay section to do tomorrow. We'll see if we get it all done in one day. Maybe we'll have to put in a couple of hours on Saturday morning. UGH, again!!!

Melissa: Good job on the 5 pounds! You go girl! I'm glad your merchandising is keeping you busy....and off the streets!

Tina: You're right, I was shaking my head! It's the fact that you could "almost HEAR it" that scares me. I didn't realize it rattled THAT loud!!!

Mary: Glad you're doing better.

Sorry, girls, but I'm out. I can't stay awake at night when I'm up and out of the house by 8:00. I don't know how some of you 'early birds' do it.

I think I'm going to hit the bed early. This old girl just isn't meant to work this hard!!!!
  • I just had to pop in and tell you guys how much I love you and I don't know what I would do without you. You are my hope.

Keep your chin up Mary, you can do it.

Trey lost his game at the jamboree 6-0 but it was only a 20 minute quarter, not a whole game and he did get two sacks, so he was pretty pleased about it.

I'm gonna have to get out of here for now cause dh wants to go to bed and he said he can't sleep with all my *clicking*.

Have a lovely night and I'll report in after I pick up my stuff from WW tomorrow!

• HI guys !!! I am here and it is BEFORE MIDNIGHT.

I had a very active day... and some good news to share.
    I had to go to the doctors office and get blood work done today. I had to fast for 12 hours...ended up fasting for 17. But the good news is.....
    I walked into the little area where you sit in these tiny chairs with an arm that comes down in front of you. The last time I gave blood I could NOT sit in these chairs NOR could the little arm piece come down.
    BUT TODAY... I FIT !!!! I was shocked !!! I told the nurse that I was sure the arm thingy would not fit... it didn't fit the last time there. WELL... I pulled that arm thing down and there was room to spare. I was sooooo shocked!!! I am soooo very happy now too.

I did not weigh myself... because I feared I might have gained some weight. LOL Those 48 lbs are starting to show in minor ways.
    Even my husband told me today that he thought I looked slimmer too.

Okay... I have a sorrow to share.
    I saw that Sara Joy was on line here Aug 8th and she did not post.
    I know that no one owes us a thing... but it saddens me that she came to 3FC and did not say hello. She was such an inspiration for so many of us and I had hoped she would come back to share her victory with all of us.
    SaraJoy... if you are reading now.... PLEASE post. We loved you and consider you family.
    If she PMed any of you... please tell us... is she doing okay??

Okay... I am going now. Hopefully I will be in bed by midnight tonight.
  • 2Cute:
    Wow, that is truly AWESOME..I know exactly how you feel..that happened to me once after losing thirty pounds (only it was an airline seat..suddenly the armrests werent digging into my sides anymore..)

CONGRATS!!!
  • About to leave work; I've been reading the posts all night.

I just wanted to say CONGRATS!! to MELISSA and 2CUTE for your successes. Way to go ladies!!!